Author Topic: Where's Jason?  (Read 3630 times)

Offline MoldRush

Where's Jason?
« on: October 11, 2017, 02:28:03 AM »
Just a shout-out to our resident candy wrapper/packaging guru.  CollectingCandy site has been very quiet in recent months, and the October countdown to Halloween has always been the most fun time of year for the site.  Yet here we are, nearly halfway through the month, and no tricks or treats.  Miss ya bro!  :'(    I imagine you are fully consumed by other projects of late.

Offline Jean Nutty

Re: Where's Jason?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 08:57:41 AM »
I'm sure he will show up in a couple of days, since it's Friday The 13th . . .

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2017, 09:34:18 PM »
This explains his absence...

----
Howdy Facebook friends! 

Today I can finally share the news:

Against all reason and logic I’ve been given the reins as host of a new television show for The Cooking Channel! 

It’s called “Food Flashback” and it airs Thursday night November 16th at 8pm ET!  (with repeat showings at midnight and 1pm the following day). 

Built out of and around my love of food/snack/candy brand history, we’ve got lots in store! 

At the moment the show is a one episode pilot piece so I’m going to spend the next few weeks sharing more with you all here, and rallying the support of my many online friends to tune in.  If the response is as positive as I think it will be, we’ll have the opportunity to do a whole series of episodes!!

I’m so happy to finally lift the veil on this project that I’ve had the fortune of helping create and being a part of this past year.  It’s a dream come true for me.  Stay tuned here for more behind the scenes on how this all came to be.  If you’ve got questions, I’ll do my best to answer them! 😀

#foodflashback #foodflashbackcookingchannel #candy #candyhistory #foodhistory #thecookingchannel #tvhost #newtvshow #foodshow #snacks

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2017, 07:23:02 AM »
This explains his absence...

----
Howdy Facebook friends! 

Today I can finally share the news:

Against all reason and logic I’ve been given the reins as host of a new television show for The Cooking Channel! 

It’s called “Food Flashback” and it airs Thursday night November 16th at 8pm ET!  (with repeat showings at midnight and 1pm the following day). 

Built out of and around my love of food/snack/candy brand history, we’ve got lots in store! 

At the moment the show is a one episode pilot piece so I’m going to spend the next few weeks sharing more with you all here, and rallying the support of my many online friends to tune in.  If the response is as positive as I think it will be, we’ll have the opportunity to do a whole series of episodes!!

I’m so happy to finally lift the veil on this project that I’ve had the fortune of helping create and being a part of this past year.  It’s a dream come true for me.  Stay tuned here for more behind the scenes on how this all came to be.  If you’ve got questions, I’ll do my best to answer them! 😀

#foodflashback #foodflashbackcookingchannel #candy #candyhistory #foodhistory #thecookingchannel #tvhost #newtvshow #foodshow #snacks
This is super cool!
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Brian Mc

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2017, 01:35:34 PM »
Agreed, this is really awesome. Congratulations to Jason!
Brian Mc

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2017, 12:49:43 AM »
Geez... this is embarrassing.  Sorry I've been gone.   Guess I just sort of dropped off the face of the forum. 

As my fellow members' sleuthing has already discovered, it was nothing to do with anything other than the fact that I've had my head firmly in this new TV project.  Something that has been profoundly exciting for me. 

I feel most bad about not creating new content for CollectingCandy.com - but at least I can say that while I haven't been publishing, at least I've been cranking on the back end of that (gathering new releases and archiving them for later publication as well as pursuing vintage stuff).  It's just that when all that work is done, I'M done.  :-)

Of course I miss this forum and the community, but I also know it's perfectly fine without me.  So I wasn't worried about you guys. 

That said, I came back today to share the fun news of my new show, and to finally start trying to catch up with everything! 

I have already been excited to learn of the Old School 6 release (still figuring out what it all means).  Hooray!! 

Oh, and please watch my show this week!   :D

Jason Liebig - A swell TV host (currently on History Channel) who used to oversee Marvel Comics' X-Men - now creator and curator of WishbookWeb.com and CollectingCandy.com, a celebration of candy packaging, marketing and the people behind it all

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2017, 12:50:35 AM »
This is amazing. 

I'm sure he will show up in a couple of days, since it's Friday The 13th . . .

(Image removed from quote.)
Jason Liebig - A swell TV host (currently on History Channel) who used to oversee Marvel Comics' X-Men - now creator and curator of WishbookWeb.com and CollectingCandy.com, a celebration of candy packaging, marketing and the people behind it all

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2017, 12:52:23 AM »
Thanks, man.  And my apologies for taking my eye off the ball. 

I'm currently surrounded by so much unpublished candy goodness that it's taken me the last three weeks of daily work to NEARLY have my desk cleared off.  Nearly.  I think tomorrow will finally be it.  I'm SLOW......

Just a shout-out to our resident candy wrapper/packaging guru.  CollectingCandy site has been very quiet in recent months, and the October countdown to Halloween has always been the most fun time of year for the site.  Yet here we are, nearly halfway through the month, and no tricks or treats.  Miss ya bro!  :'(    I imagine you are fully consumed by other projects of late.

anything