Author Topic: Fall Philly Show Roll Call  (Read 21178 times)

Offline Jason Brower

• jasonbrowerart.com
Re: Fall Philly Show Roll Call
« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2017, 07:06:31 PM »
I'll be there as a guest artist and will have a bunch of sketch cards including Wacky returns that I kept for years and am finally deciding to set loose in the wild. I'll also have a bunch of horror art that I've done for some magazines and for myself. Looking forward to it as always.

Offline Jason Brower

• jasonbrowerart.com
« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2017, 07:08:17 PM »
If anyone actually cares, I have a table at the show this year. I'll be bringing my OS extras, some reissues, some 1991's, lots of random newer stuff (Some even kind of rare..), and enough 50th Ann. cards to make a life-size replica of the Eiffel Tower. Also, my dad collected horror comics for a while and now wants to get rid of them all. He has gotten rid of most of the super rare ones like Vampirella #3 and #1, early Famous Monsters, etc. But, here's some of the current stuff..

-Full set of Skywald Scream, and Skywald Psycho... Includes #1's.
-Partial set of Skywald Nightmare... Includes #1.
-Huge amount of Warren Creepy's... Includes #1.
-Huge amount of Warren Eerie's... Includes first five, except #1 of course, and #17.
-Some Vampirella, Castle of Frankenstein, and more misc. stuff that I don't remember off the top of my head.

Wanna know who I am? A boy with long hair who is probably wearing a Creep or metal shirt.

Hey NS, I'll be at the show as a guest artist and I'll definitely be stopping by to see what you have. I love and collect all the classic Warren stuff!

Offline Hipton

« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2017, 07:48:52 PM »
The dinner for Saturday is booked. Looking for anyone who wants to hang out or get some dinner on Friday or Saturday after the show.

Offline Hipton

« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2017, 06:49:59 PM »
I just booked a spot for the dinner Sat. nite. Roxanne had a cancellation.

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2017, 06:13:30 PM »
I just booked a spot for the dinner Sat. nite. Roxanne had a cancellation.

Glad to hear you got in on the dinner Sat. night Cheryl, As I mentioned, I'll be at the show all day, But I'll be with my brother that night at his place watching the big college game. As for the show and those attending it, I wanted to pass along a message from Brian Lambert that he will be unable to attend, but he sends out a Hello to you all and he wants you to know that he has recently been in touch with Canada collector Terry Gomes and Brian will soon be acquiring a lot of OPC 1, 2, and 3 stash. So if any of you are interested in the opc. stuff, Send Brian a PM. As for me I'm still in need of an empty ans binder, ans sets /singles, flashback 2 base singles, a sealed ans 3 and an ans 7 sealed box. So if anyone coming has any of that swill, LMK soon with a PM, Shoe.

Offline Kook

« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2017, 08:08:12 AM »
Looks like I will be able to attend on Saturday.

If anyone is interested, I'm planning to bring everything I have currently listed on ebay (& still not purchased as of show date) which includes:

• Many PSA titles.
  • Many Lost Wacky items
  • & a whole bunch of rarities & oddities i.e.
  • Test Series, [SOLD]
  • 2nd series no copyright titles,
  • Irish series variations,
  • 1st tb Bandache & Lavirus,
  • 3rd wb,
  • X-Packs,
  • Do you remember Ajerx Postcard &
  • Zina Saunders PETA set. [SPOKEN FOR]

I'll also have many PSA7 & above with me that are not currently listed on ebay in addition to PSA puzzle pieces and a small handful of other misc items

You can check out my listings here: https://www.ebay.com/sch/bfarin/m.html?_trksid=p3692

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM. Please feel free to make offers. Cash in hand private in person deals without fees or shipping are always the best/easiest.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 07:47:39 PM by Kook »

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2017, 03:17:26 PM »
If anyone attending has any extra 2nd Luds, please bring. I may be interested in a couple.

Offline Kook

« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2017, 07:17:55 AM »
I'm looking for some HTF items and figured I'd post to see if anyone has them & could bring them to the show to discuss a purchase. If you're not coming to the show and you have any of these items available, please PM me. Thanks

•   3 Wacky test patches: Botch Tape, Sicken of the sea & vile mystery patch
•   Camals iron on (& other no-copyright titles. I have some, but I’m not able to find a comprehensive list)
•   Drinking Glasses (Hawaiian Punks, Fang)
•   Keychains (I have 6/12? double sided & 0/24 single sided)

I'm also looking to complete some glossy back sets. If you have the following, please bring to the show/contact me:

1st series glossy back strong exc or better
Camals
Chock
cover ghoul
crust
dopey
duzn't
grave train
horrid
jailo
liptorn
maddie
minute lice
skimpy
spraynit
tied
vicejoy
weakies

14th glossy back:
fanatical & sickly

Thanks

Offline mikecho

« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2017, 01:14:19 PM »
Kook, can you tell me how many no-copyright Topps iron-ons you have and what their names are? Camals is one that I know isn't on the Master Spreadsheet, and I'd sure like to have more to add  to it (since the only no-copyright titles that I know about are Duzn't and Vile).

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2017, 02:12:06 PM »
Kook, can you tell me how many no-copyright Topps iron-ons you have and what their names are? Camals is one that I know isn't on the Master Spreadsheet, and I'd sure like to have more to add  to it (since the only no-copyright titles that I know about are Duzn't and Vile).
How do you know they ars topps iron ons if there is no copyright?  Some of my vintage shirts have no copyright.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2017, 04:17:50 PM »
Day 1:

Finished off all sets from series 1 through 10. Pretty happy about that. Got Mutts and Bandache at great prices, thanks specific to Matt Stock and Bill Miller.

Got two diecuts for good prices, including a Weakies 32 and Vicejoy.

Got an 8th Blue and Cram 7 from Dave Schmidt on the forum, and I will not be opening it!!!!  :]

Got a couple funpacks without gum broken 'cause why not?

Got some Galactic Groceries items signed by our very own, George Wright. Nice guy, fun to talk to!!

Got to meet these members: Soremel, Pupsi-Cola, Ratchet007, Paul_Maul, Bigtomi, Baked Bears. Hope I didn't miss anyone.

And best of all, a couple and their child sweeped by to see if I had the silver for Hil-liar Ham.. the last one for their silver set. Disappointed to say, I didn't have one. So sad to hear that this kid is growing up with 50th Anniversary wackies. So, I hand him a stack of reissues and his face lights up. Handed him some real wackies. Hope I could start a new collector in the hobby. It really made my day.

Day 2:

Picked up 8 diecuts from Matt Stock, and a patches box with Ajerx from him as well.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 02:39:34 PM by NationalSpittoon »

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #46 on: October 21, 2017, 05:01:05 PM »
Following behind National Spittoon...

Nice turnout today.

Always a pleasure to meet and talk to the artists.  Yes, George Wright is alive and well and charting a course through the galaxy once again.

Also nice to meet up again with forum members I have met before, as well as see some new faces: Brian Mc, Kook, and National Spittoon.  (By the way, that was a cool - that is, kind and generous - thing you did today, turning the boy on to some real Wackys!)

Got this from Kook today.  (A week ago, I would have never dreamed that I'd actually own it.)

Also got this from Jason Brower.  It is printed on metal (hence the unavoidable reflection in the photo) and measures 14 x 11 inches and has a smaller, hinged plate mounted to the back so it can stand on its own.  He is under the impression that it is a one-of-a-kind prototype that never saw the light of the marketplace.

If anybody could tell me anything more about it, I'd appreciate it.

All in all, a pleasant way to spend an autumn day.

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #47 on: October 21, 2017, 05:02:37 PM »

Nice turnout today.

Always a pleasure to meet and talk to the artists.  Yes, George Wright is alive and well and charting a course through the galaxy once again.

Also nice to meet up again with forum members I have met before, as well as see some new faces: Brian Mc, Kook, and National Spittoon.  (By the way, that was a cool - that is, kind and generous - thing you did today, turning the boy on to some real Wackys!)

Got this from Kook today.  (A week ago, I would have never dreamed that I'd actually own it.)

Also got this from Jason Brower.  It is printed on metal (hence the unavoidable reflection in the photo) and measures 14 x 11 inches and has a smaller, hinged plate mounted to the back so it can stand on its own.  He is under the impression that it is a one-of-a-kind prototype that never saw the light of the marketplace.

What's the Bent thing? Is it one taken from a proof sheet? (The extra writing)

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #48 on: October 21, 2017, 05:10:03 PM »

Nice turnout today.

Where is the Bent card from again? Is it a lost wacky?

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #49 on: October 21, 2017, 05:19:18 PM »
Interesting, isn't it?  And good eye.  Patrick (Fanatical and Sickly) could probably shed more light on the history of it better than I.  This is the way it was going to be originally issued, however Topps made some changes at the last minute.  The writing is one.  Another unusual thing about this title is that the bottom of the cigarette box extends past where it should normally end: It has been filled in so there is no black space between the pack and the bent cigarette laying at the base.

As to where this actual card originated from, I haven't a clue.  I've never actually seen one in person until today.

Supposedly, Paul Maul, it is a lost Wacky, though I've never seen it before in any set or on any checklist.  I just checked over on the recent "Lost Wackys" thread and do not see it listed on any of the lists.

Offline Brian Mc

« Reply #50 on: October 21, 2017, 07:31:46 PM »
It was good to meet you BB, Cheryl, Shoe, and Badzooka (any others I missed?)!

I had a good day and finished out a few items on my list  :great:

See y'all tomorrow!
Brian Mc

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #51 on: October 22, 2017, 12:30:38 AM »
Glad everyone is enjoying themselves!  I am jealous.

I'd appreciate it if someone could pick up the show promos for me.  I'll happily pay or trade for them.

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #52 on: October 22, 2017, 08:21:02 AM »
Glad everyone is enjoying themselves!  I am jealous.

I'd appreciate it if someone could pick up the show promos for me.  I'll happily pay or trade for them.

Pat / RawGoo,

PM sent.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #53 on: October 22, 2017, 11:45:03 AM »
I will add my contribution to this. I had a trade with Matt. He needed some upper series stickers [I assume he was short on] and he also picked up a Grime Heavy and Bum Chex from me. In trade, I gave him these stickers and some $$ for an original series 2 display box. Box is in low grade, but that's OK with me (for now). At least there's now a purple box on my stack of OS boxes; doubt I'll ever upgrade it, but, oh, well. Here are a few pics I took of Matt's table showing some of his offerings (some may be Greg's, too). He was actually a bit light on inventory yesterday, if you can imagine that...

« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 03:43:43 PM by bigtomi »

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #54 on: October 22, 2017, 12:35:53 PM »
Yeah, tried loading some images, myself, this morning.  No luck.

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #55 on: October 22, 2017, 01:15:43 PM »
Yeah, tried loading some images, myself, this morning.  No luck.

Nice seeing you as well Rob, As far as what I picked up yesterday:

plastic cases for cards, a photo of my favorite flick "Jaws", a sealed FB 1 box, an old school 5 box-minus the sketch card, etc. Obviously some cool items, But realistically when you attend a non-sport show and you are a Wacky collector, your focus is obviously on the original series and unfortunately yesterday's show, I didn't have the usual amount of fun spending money that I'm used to bringing, But I'm sure that I'll remedy that when it comes to next yrs spring show.

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #56 on: October 22, 2017, 02:50:08 PM »
Got 8 more diecuts for my set today... and another patches box with Ajerx. One I needed.

Other than that, not much happened for day 2. But, I got to touch a series 1 uncut sheet. What amazement!

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #57 on: October 22, 2017, 03:01:52 PM »
Got 8 more diecuts for my set today... and another patches box with Ajerx. One I needed.

Other than that, not much happened for day 2. But, I got to touch a series 1 uncut sheet. What amazement!

I assume you checked out the 1972 die cut test proof sheet as well? The intertwined destiny of both sheets is discussed in this article, which knowing you, you have probably already read. Greg and I were recalling writing it while we looked at those sheets yesterday.

http://www.wackypacks.com/sheets/1st_evolution.html

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #58 on: October 22, 2017, 03:38:55 PM »
I assume you checked out the 1972 die cut test proof sheet as well?
these are the unnumbered, grey backed cards, right? I put out that 1972 test set theory on the old forum years ago, but it didn't seem like anyone but Rusty thought much about it.

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #59 on: October 22, 2017, 03:40:27 PM »
I assume you checked out the 1972 die cut test proof sheet as well? The intertwined destiny of both sheets is discussed in this article, which knowing you, you have probably already read. Greg and I were recalling writing it while we looked at those sheets yesterday.

http://www.wackypacks.com/sheets/1st_evolution.html

Never got to see that. Greg walked to my stand with the 1st sheet, but not the other one. Dang.

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #60 on: October 22, 2017, 03:40:45 PM »
these are the unnumbered, grey backed cards, right? I put out that 1972 test set theory on the old forum years ago, but it didn't seem like anyone but Rusty thought much about it.

Yeah, I was trying to remember what we know about this yesterday. The sheet Hipton has is a proof sheet (including color guide) and the backs are gray with no numbers. The layout of it is identical to the Ernie strips. Could you refresh my memory on what is fact versus speculation with these?

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #61 on: October 22, 2017, 04:00:57 PM »
Yeah, I was trying to remember what we know about this yesterday. The sheet Hipton has is a proof sheet (including color guide) and the backs are gray with no numbers. The layout of it is identical to the Ernie strips. Could you refresh my memory on what is fact versus speculation with these?
facts about the strips is that they are cut like the 1979 test set....I have never seen how any of the theories align with that fact.  Because I have the strips, my interest in getting a series 1 uncut sheet has been passive.  I assume matt bought it and we will see if flipped on eba soon if not sold for profit privately.  Hipton offered me first dibs on her sheet Friday night but I didn't close on it.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #62 on: October 22, 2017, 04:16:53 PM »
well, really, it's all speculation, as nothing has come from Topps to definitively show what happened when.
Even the uncut grey back sheet auction stated it was both a 1967 and 1973 printed sheet, while it also seems like neither of these years could be correct.
My take is that there was intended to be an unnumbered die cut set, and that the so-called 'cloth' checklists were to be included in the packs as the way for kids to keep track of their cards. The idea was eventually nixed, and Topps went with stickers instead.
That grey back sheet and a couple of dozen unnumbered proof cards were all sold through the Vault.
But there were a handful of unnumbered die cut cards that someone offered to sell to Greg that showed up prior to any of that stuff showing up on eBay. Greg posted images of them on the old forum, and most everyone at the time chimed in that they had to be fakes.
How and when those few cards got out in the wild, who knows.

It would be cool if there was more stuff in the 'vault' that saw the light of day, and answer some questions, and probably create new ones as well.

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #63 on: October 22, 2017, 05:14:15 PM »
I didn't have the usual amount of fun spending money that I'm used to bringing, But I'm sure that I'll remedy that when it comes to next yrs spring show.

Yeah, I hear you, Pupsi.  Same thing here.  Eyes larger than my wallet!

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #64 on: October 22, 2017, 05:43:13 PM »
Yeah, I hear you, Pupsi.  Same thing here.  Eyes larger than my wallet!

I couldn't find anything at the show to spend money on. Oh, I did buy one nice re-issue from Spittoon :)

Offline freetoes

« Reply #65 on: October 23, 2017, 06:20:31 AM »
Interesting, isn't it?  And good eye.  Patrick (Fanatical and Sickly) could probably shed more light on the history of it better than I.  This is the way it was going to be originally issued, however Topps made some changes at the last minute.  The writing is one.  Another unusual thing about this title is that the bottom of the cigarette box extends past where it should normally end: It has been filled in so there is no black space between the pack and the bent cigarette laying at the base.

As to where this actual card originated from, I haven't a clue.  I've never actually seen one in person until today.

Supposedly, Paul Maul, it is a lost Wacky, though I've never seen it before in any set or on any checklist.  I just checked over on the recent "Lost Wackys" thread and do not see it listed on any of the lists.

The only uncensored Bent card I know of was part of a set printed by Dave Kedzierski around 2001.  The other titles in the set were Nastee Crush, Rotting Zone, Fanatik, Hawaiian Punks (juicebox), Irving's Soap (white and tanback variations), and Pig Pen (1985, with checklist on back).  The diecut outline seems to match.

Offline Kook

« Reply #66 on: October 23, 2017, 06:46:02 AM »
The only uncensored Bent card I know of was part of a set printed by Dave Kedzierski around 2001.  The other titles in the set were Nastee Crush, Rotting Zone, Fanatik, Hawaiian Punks (juicebox), Irving's Soap (white and tanback variations), and Pig Pen (1985, with checklist on back).  The diecut outline seems to match.

Hi John,
Thanks for the info. That sounds exactly right, since those are all the other titles that were in the set I have. I'm not familiar with Dave Kedzierski. Is he on this forum? Was he on Greg's forum? Did he have anything to do with the other Lost Wackys project?

This set was dubbed "The Mystery Set" by the seller when I purchased it since the collector I got it from, a long time wacky enthusiast, didn't know where it came from. He thought it was produced around '98 to 2k.

« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 07:22:55 AM by Kook »

Offline Kook

« Reply #67 on: October 23, 2017, 07:21:35 AM »

I checked my images & also found the following from many years ago. These were all sold on ebay together (individually, but by the same seller at the same time). Titles included Fanatic, Hawaiian Punks, Irvings (tan & white back), Naztee Crush, Pigpen, Rotting Zone, GPK white back & Clodfather. This group didn't include Bent, but did include GPK & Clodfather. I won't repost images I already included, but I will add images of titles I haven't posted.

So all together, we have a potential "Mystery Set" checklist including:

Fanatik tb
GPK wb
Hawaiian Punks wb
Irvings wb
Irvings tb
Naztee Crush tb
Pigpen 45 count puzzle back
Pigpen 46 count puzzle back
Rotting Zone tb
Bent tb
Clodfather wb

« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 10:21:31 AM by Kook »

Offline freetoes

« Reply #68 on: October 23, 2017, 08:46:02 AM »
Hi John,
Thanks for the info. That sounds exactly right, since those are all the other titles that were in the set I have. I'm not familiar with Dave Kedzierski. Is he on this forum? Was he on Greg's forum? Did he have anything to do with the other Lost Wackys project?

This set was dubbed "The Mystery Set" by the seller when I purchased it since the collector I got it from, a long time wacky enthusiast, didn't know where it came from. He thought it was produced around '98 to 2k.

Dave K. was a collector from PA.  He was HapKidOKid on the old Delphi Forum.  I haven't heard from or of him since I bought the set directly from him in 2001.  I doubt if he had any involvement in the later LW releases.  He printed these himself, and there couldn't have been that many sets.

Offline freetoes

« Reply #69 on: October 23, 2017, 09:02:45 AM »
I don't think Clodfather and GPK are part of the same set, unless he added them later.  There were other Lost Wacky ventures leading up to 2005--I have a Gooya (unused from ANS1), and I'm trying to remember where that came from.