Author Topic: Fall Philly Show Roll Call  (Read 21179 times)

Offline Hipton

Fall Philly Show Roll Call
« on: September 26, 2017, 04:27:59 PM »
I have asked for the days off but haven't booked a room yet.  I talked with Shoe and asked if a thread here had been started.  He said no, and that I should do it.  So, who's planning on going?  I have been going through things and will bring some items to sell, probably a 1st series sheet, 1st series set, full poster box, odds & ends, if anyone is looking for anything, let me know.  I am moving to a smaller home and downsizing, so I need to consolidate. It was great to see everyone in the spring and I look forward to seeing everyone again.

Offline drono

Re: Fall Philly Show Roll Call
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 05:31:58 PM »
I wish I could, but the trek to Allentown is too long, so I'll probably only make it every ten years, so sign me up for the 60th Anniversary celebration.

Offline Brian Mc

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 08:55:42 PM »
I'll be there. 1st Series set sounds lovely  :D
Brian Mc

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2017, 02:16:02 AM »
If anyone actually cares, I have a table at the show this year. I'll be bringing my OS extras, some reissues, some 1991's, lots of random newer stuff (Some even kind of rare..), and enough 50th Ann. cards to make a life-size replica of the Eiffel Tower. Also, my dad collected horror comics for a while and now wants to get rid of them all. He has gotten rid of most of the super rare ones like Vampirella #3 and #1, early Famous Monsters, etc. But, here's some of the current stuff..

-Full set of Skywald Scream, and Skywald Psycho... Includes #1's.
-Partial set of Skywald Nightmare... Includes #1.
-Huge amount of Warren Creepy's... Includes #1.
-Huge amount of Warren Eerie's... Includes first five, except #1 of course, and #17.
-Some Vampirella, Castle of Frankenstein, and more misc. stuff that I don't remember off the top of my head.

Wanna know who I am? A boy with long hair who is probably wearing a Creep or metal shirt.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 01:55:05 PM by NationalSpittoon »

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2017, 03:26:34 AM »
If anyone actually cares, I have a table at the show this year. I'll be bringing my OS extras, some reissues, some 1991's, lots of random newer stuff (Some even kind of rare..), and enough 50th Ann. cards to make a life-size replica of the Eiffel Tower..............................

Why do you think that no one cares?  If I can somehow get there, I will certainly look for your table, and would love to meet you!

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2017, 04:12:58 AM »
If anyone actually cares, I have a table at the show this year. I'll be bringing my OS extras, some reissues, some 1991's, lots of random newer stuff (Some even kind of rare..), and enough 50th Ann. cards to make a life-size replica of the Eiffel Tower. Also, my dad collected horror comics for a while and now wants to get rid of them all. He has gotten rid of most of the super rare ones like Vampirella #3 and #1, early Famous Monsters, etc. But, here's some of the current stuff..

-Full set of Skywald Scream, and Skywald Psycho... Includes #1's.
-Partial set of Skywald Nightmare... Includes #1.
-Huge amount of Warren Creepy's... Includes #1.
-Huge amount of Warren Eerie's... Includes first five and #17.
-Some Vampirella, Castle of Frankenstein, and more misc. stuff that I don't remember off the top of my head.

Wanna know who I am? A boy with long hair who is probably wearing a Creep or metal shirt.
Looks like your dad has some cool stuff!  Draw Attention to your table by actually piling the cards up high enough to make an Eiffel Tower that would be cool!
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2017, 06:22:31 AM »
I wish I could, but the trek to Allentown is too long, so I'll probably only make it every ten years, so sign me up for the 60th Anniversary celebration.
Ditto for me. Allentown is a ways off. I made it for the 50th, but it’ll be awhile before I get to another one.

Offline ratchet007

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2017, 11:00:59 AM »
I'll be there. Got a room this time. Will be attending the dinner Sat. night. I, also, will have many OS singles with me for sale or trade. I will be looking for OS 7th thru 14th puzzle pieces plus a lot of 12th and 13th series stickers sans roller marks.

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2017, 11:47:11 AM »
Take a look at the populations on 14th tans in higher PSA grades. IMHO it's all because of roller marks. EVERY 14th tan in my keeper set had roller marks.

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2017, 01:48:55 PM »
Looks like your dad has some cool stuff!  Draw Attention to your table by actually piling the cards up high enough to make an Eiffel Tower that would be cool!
Why do you think that no one cares?  If I can somehow get there, I will certainly look for your table, and would love to meet you!

Responding to these respectively..

I guess thank you? I know I've gotten a couple inquiries on here about which ones I have (comics) and I have replied accordingly but never really gotten anyone serious enough I guess. My father is kinda pissed off at ebay buyers as well because several people have complained about shipping and condition issues, and we described any possible issues.. but the problem was their mailman. We are obviously not liable for that, but to dodge the negative we have to give the money back. No seller's protection on eGay....
Also, the Eiffel Tower thing is a good idea for drawing attention! Just hope no one buys the one on the bottom.

I said the "No one cares" thing because I've only met like two people on here at the shows. It would be nice to meet some people even though it is a bit awkward since I'm a kid and all.. and well... everyone else are adults. Of course I'm the 70's kid. Isn't that someone's name on here? P.S. When I said 70's kid, I didn't mention disco.

Modified my first post in the thread. My dad doesn't own Eerie #1. Pretty honkin rare from what he told me.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 01:55:54 PM by NationalSpittoon »

Offline quas

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2017, 01:59:52 PM »
I'll be there, with 1/2 table, again setting up next to Matt and Greg.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 04:21:16 PM by quas »
Marc

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2017, 02:58:37 PM »
 Hey Spittoon,

Do you have any of your dad's FM's left?   I bought them off and on from #138 to #190.   Interested in filling in some holes and earlier issues.

Can't make it to Allentown, would love to meet you!  but maybe if you sill have some left, we could work out something through the snail mail.

David
aka PP

ps.   I stayed away from the 50th set, and really know nothing about it.....sounds like you have a lot of extra stuff.....I'd be interested in anything related directly to the original 70's sets..........
Send me your borderless wackys!

Offline bandaches

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2017, 03:31:10 PM »
I'll be there, with 1/2 table, against setting up next to Matt and Greg.
Toadally understandable that you are against setting up next to them.  Do they still smell badly?
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline quas

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2017, 04:23:17 PM »
Toadally understandable that you are against setting up next to them.  Do they still smell badly?

Good one Ern!  I just corrected my typo.  But I'll bring clothespins just in case.  I actually do have a gas mask from Operation Desert Storm but I don't think I'll need to go that far.  But you never know.....
Marc

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2017, 04:28:08 PM »
I believe I will be there on Saturday. Can drag my extra OS stickers/puzzle pieces, if anyone really wants to look. Not sure what else anyone may be looking for...speak up, folks, if I have it, I'll bring it along. Wrappers, '94 pog set, '82 cereal stickers (sets), some die-cuts...can't think what else.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2017, 04:28:46 PM »
LOL

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2017, 05:21:36 PM »
I will likely be there.

Offline Hipton

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2017, 07:35:19 PM »
Mark, don't forget to bring your buttons!

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2017, 08:27:19 PM »
I'll be there. Got a room this time. Will be attending the dinner Sat. night. I, also, will have many OS singles with me for sale or trade. I will be looking for OS 7th thru 14th puzzle pieces plus a lot of 12th and 13th series stickers sans roller marks.

How do you know there is a dinner?  Where can I find this information?  Can't seem to find anything pertaining to this on the Philly Non-Sports Card Show site.  And, if one does reserve a seat in advance, can they kick you out of it because they overbooked?

If whoever is attending wore name tags, we could find each other that much easier to meet, buy, trade, talk, and sock one another in the jaw over political issues.  Maybe they could set up a special table for traders and a wrestling/boxing ring for others?

Also, does anyone know for sure if a special set of cards will be created for this particular show?  Or the Vegas show, for that matter?

Lastly, what do we do if they play the National Anthem?  Stand at attention?  Kneel?  Dash for the tables with the best deals while everyone else is preoccupied?  Run to the restroom?  Lately, I am just so hopelessly confused I don't really know what to do anymore.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 08:44:38 PM by Baked Bears »

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2017, 02:29:03 AM »
How do you know there is a dinner?  Where can I find this information?  Can't seem to find anything pertaining to this on the Philly Non-Sports Card Show site.  And, if one does reserve a seat in advance, can they kick you out of it because they overbooked?

If whoever is attending wore name tags, we could find each other that much easier to meet, buy, trade, talk, and sock one another in the jaw over political issues.  Maybe they could set up a special table for traders and a wrestling/boxing ring for others?

Also, does anyone know for sure if a special set of cards will be created for this particular show?  Or the Vegas show, for that matter?

Lastly, what do we do if they play the National Anthem?  Stand at attention?  Kneel?  Dash for the tables with the best deals while everyone else is preoccupied?  Run to the restroom?  Lately, I am just so hopelessly confused I don't really know what to do anymore.

The dinner is announced on an email when you subscribe to the newsletter. You cannot get kicked out, but if you leave your spot will not be saved. I would suggest the name tags as well, maybe not the boxing gloves. I think there is a special set of cards for the show, don't remember what they are. They don't play the National Anthem, it's a card show. Hope that answers everything.

I'm confused. Is there another Mar(K) here? I know of a Marc but no other Mark's in this thread. Did you mean the '94 Pog Set the Bigtomi brought up?

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2017, 03:19:29 AM »
Shoemaker is a Mark.

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2017, 03:29:03 AM »

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2017, 04:58:54 AM »
Shoemaker is a Mark.

As is Mark Parisi.

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2017, 05:08:48 AM »
As is Mark Parisi.

As is Mark Stepper.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2017, 05:57:11 AM »
As is Mark Stepper.

I knew I missed one!  He doesn't seem to log in much.

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2017, 08:14:55 AM »
The dinner is announced on an email when you subscribe to the newsletter. You cannot get kicked out, but if you leave your spot will not be saved. I would suggest the name tags as well, maybe not the boxing gloves. I think there is a special set of cards for the show, don't remember what they are. They don't play the National Anthem, it's a card show. Hope that answers everything.

Thanks!

Offline ratchet007

« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2017, 01:07:54 PM »
Baked,
The dinner was also announced on the Non-Sport Update Magazine website. Last I talked with Roxanne there were still some spots available.

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2017, 04:48:43 PM »
Baked,
The dinner was also announced on the Non-Sport Update Magazine website. Last I talked with Roxanne there were still some spots available.

Thanks, Ratchet!  I'll look into it!

Offline Hipton

« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2017, 04:55:28 PM »
I'm sorry about the Mark confusion! It's a popular name in this hobby. I meant quas, Marc Simon. I spelled Marc wrong. He had some great '50's & '60's buttons that I bought from him. One of my favorites said, "A Groovy FIG I Really Dig!" We were puzzled at first, but looked it up & it was '50's slang for Fill In Girl, someone you'd date until somebody you really liked came along. I guess a precursor to today's booty call. From what I know, the dinner is more casual, at a burger type place and the cost is $15.

Offline quas

« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2017, 08:16:12 PM »

I'm bringing them!  :great:

Marc
Marc

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2017, 05:03:29 PM »
Hey Spittoon,

Do you have any of your dad's FM's left?   I bought them off and on from #138 to #190.   Interested in filling in some holes and earlier issues.

Can't make it to Allentown, would love to meet you!  but maybe if you sill have some left, we could work out something through the snail mail.

David
aka PP

ps.   I stayed away from the 50th set, and really know nothing about it.....sounds like you have a lot of extra stuff.....I'd be interested in anything related directly to the original 70's sets..........

Sorry I didn't reply to this yet. I do have some Famous Monsters left, will PM you the numbers when I get the time. (Feel free to remind me if I don't remember.)

Also, the 50th set, believe it or not, or believe it (No one's surprised here, Topps!), nothing has to do with the 70's. Only piss poor diecut remakes and fake products. Still interested?

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2017, 12:51:39 PM »
I have asked for the days off but haven't booked a room yet.  I talked with Shoe and asked if a thread here had been started.  He said no, and that I should do it.  So, who's planning on going?  I have been going through things and will bring some items to sell, probably a 1st series sheet, 1st series set, full poster box, odds & ends, if anyone is looking for anything, let me know.  I am moving to a smaller home and downsizing, so I need to consolidate. It was great to see everyone in the spring and I look forward to seeing everyone again.

Again Cheryl, Thank you for posting this thread, Looking forward as always to seeing you and the rest of the whole Wacky Hee Haw gang. Oct 21st can't get here soon enough for me.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2017, 01:17:04 PM »
Aside from family obligations, I would have to rent a car, as mine is in need of new front fenders, and I have been so busy dealing with home repair issues that I have not gotten the car repairs done.  No way I can drive on the crater-ridden Cross Bronx Expressway the way it is  :sad:

Offline bandaches

« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2017, 08:12:27 PM »
I've got like 15 years worth of the door giveaway promo cards from around 1996 to 2011.  anything good in there I should look for?  I am going to dig it all out and offer on ebay as I am in raise cash mode.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2017, 03:18:53 AM »
I've got like 15 years worth of the door giveaway promo cards from around 1996 to 2011.  anything good in there I should look for?  I am going to dig it all out and offer on ebay as I am in raise cash mode.

I really enjoy those packs.  Looking forward to seeing what you dig up!

anything