Author Topic: WP Forum PSA Thread  (Read 7543 times)

Online NationalSpittoon

Re: WP Forum PSA Thread
« Reply #70 on: December 30, 2018, 08:26:45 AM »
Anyone get anything new?

Changed the name to something a little less cringe-worthy. (It used to be the WP Forum PSA Archive.)

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #71 on: December 30, 2018, 09:27:58 AM »
Nothing new here.  The last two months, I've been focused on selling toys and models in an attempt to make some room in my horribly overfilled house.  With all this new loot from toy selling, maybe I'll start looking for graded Wackys again soon  :P :P    Or, I'll start listing my extra PSAs along with the toys...........  at least those don't need all kinds of special sized boxes!

Online NationalSpittoon

« Reply #72 on: December 30, 2018, 09:52:48 AM »
Nothing new here.  The last two months, I've been focused on selling toys and models in an attempt to make some room in my horribly overfilled house.  With all this new loot from toy selling, maybe I'll start looking for graded Wackys again soon  :P :P    Or, I'll start listing my extra PSAs along with the toys...........  at least those don't need all kinds of special sized boxes!

I might be interested in some. I'm watching a PSA 7 Shots (Series 5) on eBay. It looks nicer than any 8's on there. I'd be interested to see what you have for sale. I feel like I want to work on completing the 16th series and Diecuts first but they will take a while anyways, so why not?

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #73 on: December 31, 2018, 04:38:51 AM »

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #74 on: December 31, 2018, 04:49:38 AM »
That's beautiful!

Offline Bigmuc13

« Reply #75 on: December 31, 2018, 09:43:25 AM »
Still looking for Series 17

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #76 on: December 31, 2018, 09:48:03 AM »
How is this one only an 8?

It has a little wear on the upper left corner that isnít as evident in the photo.

Online NationalSpittoon

« Reply #77 on: December 31, 2018, 09:57:24 AM »
Very nice Alcohol Seltzer!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #78 on: January 05, 2019, 03:17:48 AM »
Got an email from PSA yesterday - they have a 1st quarter special of $10 per card (post 1955), with a 25 card minimum. 

Online NationalSpittoon

« Reply #79 on: January 05, 2019, 04:55:25 AM »
I want to bring this up here:

Does anyone else get bothered by the fact that PSA orders the cards alphabetically and not by the checklist? It just doesn't seem true to the cards considering checklists are a part of the master set...

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #80 on: January 05, 2019, 06:44:50 AM »
I want to bring this up here:

Does anyone else get bothered by the fact that PSA orders the cards alphabetically and not by the checklist? It just doesn't seem true to the cards considering checklists are a part of the master set...

Yes, in fact. But nearly everything bothers me!

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #81 on: January 05, 2019, 06:47:39 AM »
Got an email from PSA yesterday - they have a 1st quarter special of $10 per card (post 1955), with a 25 card minimum.

Until January 1, there was a permanent bulk rate of $10 for 10 or more cards. While that has been done away with, itís hard to get excited about a ďspecialĒ like this. Unfortunately, itís the best weíll ever see again Iím afraid.

My CC renewal sub, which used to be 7 day turnaround, is now 20-day, and is on the 20th day with nothing. Another guy on the CU forum is on day 27. This is the new normal so that every POK…MON card in Asia can be graded.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #82 on: January 05, 2019, 07:33:50 AM »
Until January 1, there was a permanent bulk rate of $10 for 10 or more cards. While that has been done away with, itís hard to get excited about a ďspecialĒ like this. Unfortunately, itís the best weíll ever see again Iím afraid.

My CC renewal sub, which used to be 7 day turnaround, is now 20-day, and is on the 20th day with nothing. Another guy on the CU forum is on day 27. This is the new normal so that every POK…MON card in Asia can be graded.

The handful of my Wackys that went in last year took MONTHS.  I have a few left that might be worth trying, but I am leaning towards just selling them raw on evilbay. 

I imagine the Pokemon cards, with their curved corners, are easier to get higher grades for.  Aside from that factor, they also are not all that old, and didn't come with gum or wax issues.  I remember searching for quite some time to find a Charizard for my boyfriend's nephew.........  scored one just a few days before Christmas.

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #83 on: January 05, 2019, 02:51:39 PM »
The handful of my Wackys that went in last year took MONTHS.  I have a few left that might be worth trying, but I am leaning towards just selling them raw on evilbay. 

I imagine the Pokemon cards, with their curved corners, are easier to get higher grades for.  Aside from that factor, they also are not all that old, and didn't come with gum or wax issues.  I remember searching for quite some time to find a Charizard for my boyfriend's nephew.........  scored one just a few days before Christmas.

Do you know why you don't want to go to the bathroom with a Pokemon?

wait for it                                    wait for it                                      wait for it                                       wait for it                                       wait for it                                     wait for it

He might Pikachu!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #84 on: January 05, 2019, 03:47:35 PM »
OUCH!!

Online NationalSpittoon

« Reply #85 on: January 05, 2019, 04:10:03 PM »
Do you know why you don't want to go to the bathroom with a Pokemon?

wait for it                                    wait for it                                      wait for it                                       wait for it                                       wait for it                                     wait for it

He might Pikachu!

He won't if you Ketchum.

...ew

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #86 on: January 06, 2019, 10:01:04 AM »
PokePoo!

Hahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahaha

Online NationalSpittoon

« Reply #87 on: January 12, 2019, 11:47:54 AM »
I swear this would get a 9 - 10 if subbed.

This would do well, also.

Too bad I do not feel like subbing any.. I don't have a membership and it is not cost effective whatsoever.
Eh, figured I would post about it anyways.

Online NationalSpittoon

« Reply #88 on: January 13, 2019, 08:06:45 AM »
Is anyone planning on subbing anything with the new, super cheap offer?

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #89 on: January 13, 2019, 02:35:59 PM »
Is anyone planning on subbing anything with the new, super cheap offer?

There is no new cheap offer. What are you referring to?

Online NationalSpittoon

« Reply #90 on: January 13, 2019, 03:15:22 PM »
There is no new cheap offer. What are you referring to?

Just refer to my sarcasm, please. I guess I should have followed it up with an emote, like this one:  :hal:

Wait a minute...

Eh, I'm bored.
School's tomorrow, no useless posts..

Useless posts will be...

CANCELLED :]  ;D  ;D  ;)  >(
...So, yeah. I know there's no cheap offer. I was more so saying that because there are a few cards I am looking to sub. I have come to the conclusion that I am not really going to purchase any reissues, most likely, anymore. I will likely sub my ones that I expect to get a 10. (And I only picked out four. Disappointing, am I right?) I, from there, would likely purge my others and buy other 10's. They're affordable mint copies. Seems like a better solution to me.
The graded reissues don't really gain any value but it's more for the fact that I know they are mint than anything. They have more value as 10's than if they aren't, or are raw.

anything