Author Topic: WP Forum PSA Thread  (Read 122677 times)

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
Re: WP Forum PSA Thread
« Reply #70 on: December 30, 2018, 09:27:58 AM »
Nothing new here.  The last two months, I've been focused on selling toys and models in an attempt to make some room in my horribly overfilled house.  With all this new loot from toy selling, maybe I'll start looking for graded Wackys again soon  :P :P    Or, I'll start listing my extra PSAs along with the toys...........  at least those don't need all kinds of special sized boxes!

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #71 on: December 30, 2018, 09:52:48 AM »
Nothing new here.  The last two months, I've been focused on selling toys and models in an attempt to make some room in my horribly overfilled house.  With all this new loot from toy selling, maybe I'll start looking for graded Wackys again soon  :P :P    Or, I'll start listing my extra PSAs along with the toys...........  at least those don't need all kinds of special sized boxes!

I might be interested in some. I'm watching a PSA 7 Shots (Series 5) on eBay. It looks nicer than any 8's on there. I'd be interested to see what you have for sale. I feel like I want to work on completing the 16th series and Diecuts first but they will take a while anyways, so why not?

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #72 on: December 31, 2018, 04:38:51 AM »

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #73 on: December 31, 2018, 04:49:38 AM »
That's beautiful!

Offline Bigmuc13

« Reply #74 on: December 31, 2018, 09:43:25 AM »
Still looking for Series 17

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #75 on: December 31, 2018, 09:48:03 AM »
How is this one only an 8?

It has a little wear on the upper left corner that isn’t as evident in the photo.

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #76 on: December 31, 2018, 09:57:24 AM »
Very nice Alcohol Seltzer!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #77 on: January 05, 2019, 03:17:48 AM »
Got an email from PSA yesterday - they have a 1st quarter special of $10 per card (post 1955), with a 25 card minimum. 

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #78 on: January 05, 2019, 04:55:25 AM »
I want to bring this up here:

Does anyone else get bothered by the fact that PSA orders the cards alphabetically and not by the checklist? It just doesn't seem true to the cards considering checklists are a part of the master set...

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #79 on: January 05, 2019, 06:44:50 AM »
I want to bring this up here:

Does anyone else get bothered by the fact that PSA orders the cards alphabetically and not by the checklist? It just doesn't seem true to the cards considering checklists are a part of the master set...

Yes, in fact. But nearly everything bothers me!

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #80 on: January 05, 2019, 06:47:39 AM »
Got an email from PSA yesterday - they have a 1st quarter special of $10 per card (post 1955), with a 25 card minimum.

Until January 1, there was a permanent bulk rate of $10 for 10 or more cards. While that has been done away with, it’s hard to get excited about a “special” like this. Unfortunately, it’s the best we’ll ever see again I’m afraid.

My CC renewal sub, which used to be 7 day turnaround, is now 20-day, and is on the 20th day with nothing. Another guy on the CU forum is on day 27. This is the new normal so that every POKÉMON card in Asia can be graded.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #81 on: January 05, 2019, 07:33:50 AM »
Until January 1, there was a permanent bulk rate of $10 for 10 or more cards. While that has been done away with, it’s hard to get excited about a “special” like this. Unfortunately, it’s the best we’ll ever see again I’m afraid.

My CC renewal sub, which used to be 7 day turnaround, is now 20-day, and is on the 20th day with nothing. Another guy on the CU forum is on day 27. This is the new normal so that every POKÉMON card in Asia can be graded.

The handful of my Wackys that went in last year took MONTHS.  I have a few left that might be worth trying, but I am leaning towards just selling them raw on evilbay. 

I imagine the Pokemon cards, with their curved corners, are easier to get higher grades for.  Aside from that factor, they also are not all that old, and didn't come with gum or wax issues.  I remember searching for quite some time to find a Charizard for my boyfriend's nephew.........  scored one just a few days before Christmas.

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #82 on: January 05, 2019, 02:51:39 PM »
The handful of my Wackys that went in last year took MONTHS.  I have a few left that might be worth trying, but I am leaning towards just selling them raw on evilbay. 

I imagine the Pokemon cards, with their curved corners, are easier to get higher grades for.  Aside from that factor, they also are not all that old, and didn't come with gum or wax issues.  I remember searching for quite some time to find a Charizard for my boyfriend's nephew.........  scored one just a few days before Christmas.

Do you know why you don't want to go to the bathroom with a Pokemon?

wait for it                                    wait for it                                      wait for it                                       wait for it                                       wait for it                                     wait for it

He might Pikachu!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #83 on: January 05, 2019, 03:47:35 PM »
OUCH!!

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #84 on: January 05, 2019, 04:10:03 PM »
Do you know why you don't want to go to the bathroom with a Pokemon?

wait for it                                    wait for it                                      wait for it                                       wait for it                                       wait for it                                     wait for it

He might Pikachu!

He won't if you Ketchum.

...ew

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #85 on: January 06, 2019, 10:01:04 AM »
PokePoo!

Hahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahaha

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #86 on: January 13, 2019, 08:06:45 AM »
Is anyone planning on subbing anything with the new, super cheap offer?

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #87 on: January 13, 2019, 02:35:59 PM »
Is anyone planning on subbing anything with the new, super cheap offer?

There is no new cheap offer. What are you referring to?

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #88 on: January 13, 2019, 03:15:22 PM »
There is no new cheap offer. What are you referring to?

Just refer to my sarcasm, please.

I know there's no cheap offer. I was more so saying that because there are a few cards I am looking to sub. I have come to the conclusion that I am not really going to purchase any reissues, most likely, anymore. I will likely sub my ones that I expect to get a 10. (And I only picked out four. Disappointing, am I right?) I, from there, would likely purge my others and buy other 10's. They're affordable mint copies. Seems like a better solution to me.
The graded reissues don't really gain any value but it's more for the fact that I know they are mint than anything. They have more value as 10's than if they aren't, or are raw.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2021, 09:07:47 AM by NationalSpittoon »

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #89 on: October 20, 2019, 11:21:43 AM »
« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 12:23:37 PM by NationalSpittoon »

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #90 on: October 20, 2019, 02:58:55 PM »
Nice! De-Mented is an edge of the sheet title and thus one of the tougher die cuts to find well centered and in nice shape.

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #91 on: October 21, 2019, 02:14:32 AM »
It is a bit OC to the left, but it doesn’t bother me all too much. Super clean back, and bright colors. Couldn’t resist buying it. I like the die-cuts more and more everyday.

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #92 on: July 01, 2020, 03:46:06 PM »

« Last Edit: August 22, 2021, 09:10:16 AM by NationalSpittoon »

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #93 on: July 01, 2020, 04:26:07 PM »
Very nice!

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #94 on: July 03, 2020, 04:15:59 AM »
Very nice!

Thank you! Chippin' off the graded diecut set one title per year!  :]

Offline Topcat

« Reply #95 on: July 03, 2020, 02:04:13 PM »
To my Wacky Package friends that collect PSA cards. I just had these 4 PSA card holders produced. They are awesome to display your cards in a 3 Ring binder! Years ago Ultra Pro made them and they were very popular but they stopped production. The Ultra Pro's were 5 mil thick, I had these made 8 mil! The cards snap in easily and sit very secure.  Similiar but not the same quality are on Ebay for $8 per sheet, I will sell them to Forum members for $5.75 per and a little better for bulk. 

« Last Edit: July 03, 2020, 03:53:21 PM by Topcat »

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #96 on: July 03, 2020, 02:46:50 PM »
This is a cool concept. For me, it is a bit of a space issue considering I already have toploader binders of which take up an incredible amount of space. Nice either way.

The cards though, unbelievable! Choke Wagon 9? Okay now...

Offline Topcat

« Reply #97 on: July 03, 2020, 03:56:09 PM »
Thank you! I like them for my wacky sets because a full set fits in two, 3-ring binders.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #98 on: July 03, 2020, 03:56:19 PM »
Those pages look really nice!  Can't afford them for my whole collection (not enough space, either), but maybe for the really special ones.

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #99 on: July 14, 2020, 01:25:45 PM »

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #100 on: July 19, 2020, 11:39:59 AM »
To my Wacky Package friends that collect PSA cards. I just had these 4 PSA card holders produced. They are awesome to display your cards in a 3 Ring binder! Years ago Ultra Pro made them and they were very popular but they stopped production. The Ultra Pro's were 5 mil thick, I had these made 8 mil! The cards snap in easily and sit very secure.  Similiar but not the same quality are on Ebay for $8 per sheet, I will sell them to Forum members for $5.75 per and a little better for bulk. 

For anyone wondering, I picked up some of these card holders today, and they are really nice!  Now, I need to buy more binders......

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #101 on: September 08, 2020, 11:59:14 AM »
For any of you interested, there's an app called Camscanner (of which I found out about because of school) where you take pictures on your phone and you can crop and edit photos as if it were a scan. It's really nice for scanning any Wackys, and I'll put a couple PSA ones here because those are the ones that I actually want good scans for. Try and find decent lighting, and get the least reflection of your smartphone as possible, snap the picture, and it will crop it. If the cropping is off, drag one of the corners and it'll magnify it for you so that you can see what you're cropping with ease. Then, you can see settings that brighten the photo to look closer to a scan. I use the filter/option to the right of the original one. Don't remember the name, but it only slightly brightens it. If you choose the next one over from that, it'll make the most toned card ever look alpine white...

Here's a couple examples:

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #102 on: September 08, 2020, 04:20:50 PM »
For any of you interested, there's an app called Camscanner (of which I found out about because of school) where you take pictures on your phone and you can crop and edit photos as if it were a scan.
how is it different than just simply editing a photo on your phone? I can do all those things currently

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #103 on: September 08, 2020, 04:27:18 PM »
how is it different than just simply editing a photo on your phone? I can do all those things currently

The filters mimic a scan more in my opinion, and if you’re taking a photo of a card, but you took it slightly crooked, you can crop the photo without it having to be square. If you don’t want the crop to be an exact right angle, you don’t have to. Not sure how to explain it better, but it’s really useful.

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #104 on: September 09, 2020, 03:50:53 AM »
It doesn’t really address the negatives of a photo vs. a true scan though. I still see shadows.