Author Topic: More POSTCARD SKETCH CARD Variations!!!  (Read 40299 times)

Offline FourRoses

Re: More POSTCARD SKETCH CARD Variations!!!
« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2010, 11:47:05 AM »
All of the sketches I've received from the PC series, old school boxes, etc.., have been wonderful but the Marlboro satire in the center square of the first image is fantastic.

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2010, 03:28:26 PM »
Anybody in the 2nd mailing get there sets yet?  I would have thought there would have been some scans of new ones by now?

There were already sketches available on ebay at least yesterday, maybe day before?
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2010, 07:12:09 PM »
There were already sketches available on ebay at least yesterday, maybe day before?

Yup, I saw those too.  I'm just hoping that the ANS excitement doesn't detract forum members from posting their new sketches.
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2010, 02:05:50 AM »
Yup, I saw those too.  I'm just hoping that the ANS excitement doesn't detract forum members from posting their new sketches.
I got my sets, and pulled the sweet combo sketch that Neil did of all the series 6 characters around the Wheel of Lice!  It was the first one I opened, and I was thrilled!

Much to my surprise, an order my mother placed to "buy Wackys for you like I could do when you were little" actually went through, even though we have the same last name.  I guess different addresses made the difference, but she was upset last month because she never got a confirmation email, and thought she missed her chance to get me Wackys.  I assumed the lack of a notice meant she either messed up her very first internet order, or the last name was a problem, and the sets would end up going to the waiting list (IMO, that’s a good thing, as it helps forum members).  But, she had a heck of a smile when she showed me the box when I went over there after work the other night.

I have been contacting people who got shut out and offering my extra sets, but so far it seems Topps has everyone covered, so maybe I don’t have to feel too guilty for my mom buying me Wackys.

Anyway, here are scans of what Topps sent us.  
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 02:09:45 AM by RawGoo »

Offline bandaches

« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2010, 06:29:26 AM »
I got my sets, and pulled the sweet combo sketch that Neil did of all the series 6 characters around the Wheel of Lice!  It was the first one I opened, and I was thrilled!

Much to my surprise, an order my mother placed to "buy Wackys for you like I could do when you were little" actually went through, even though we have the same last name.  I guess different addresses made the difference, but she was upset last month because she never got a confirmation email, and thought she missed her chance to get me Wackys.  I assumed the lack of a notice meant she either messed up her very first internet order, or the last name was a problem, and the sets would end up going to the waiting list (IMO, that’s a good thing, as it helps forum members).  But, she had a heck of a smile when she showed me the box when I went over there after work the other night.

I have been contacting people who got shut out and offering my extra sets, but so far it seems Topps has everyone covered, so maybe I don’t have to feel too guilty for my mom buying me Wackys.

Nice score! 

Doesn't sound like Topps was very detailed in trying to track down multi orders, tracking a common last name to someone like your mom who nevered order sketches before doesn't sound like it would have been all that tough to check.  It is not like we are talking about thousands of customers, there can't be much more than 100 given there were only 300 to sell and it seems the average order size is far greater than 1.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2010, 08:42:50 AM »

Nice pull with the multi-titled!!  That's the first one I've seen someone get.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2010, 03:44:40 PM »
Nice pull with the multi-titled!!  That's the first one I've seen someone get.
I got this picture from Leslie last night from her pulls

Offline 6up

« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2010, 04:10:27 PM »
Here is the one I got today.

Offline Monsterettes

« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2010, 04:19:37 PM »
Wow, those are some great sketches Pat!  In addition to the group gathering around the "wheel of lice," I love that disturbed beet, really, really cool stuff - congrats!!

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: August 06, 2010, 04:31:07 PM »
Wow, those are some great sketches Pat!  In addition to the group gathering around the "wheel of lice," I love that disturbed beet, really, really cool stuff - congrats!!
Thanks Elizabeth!  Those are my two favorites as well.

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #45 on: August 06, 2010, 10:34:30 PM »
Thanks Elizabeth!  Those are my two favorites as well.

You scored big time. The ones that stand out for me are the croc w/super cigar bear, the multi character one (the detail in that one is amazing), plus the wolf shredding Wackys. Can you tell what Wackys they are? The scan is too small for me.

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #46 on: August 07, 2010, 12:51:49 AM »
You scored big time. The ones that stand out for me are the croc w/super cigar bear, the multi character one (the detail in that one is amazing), plus the wolf shredding Wackys. Can you tell what Wackys they are? The scan is too small for me.
The combo is definitely awesome, and my favorite - Neil outdid himself on that one.  And there is something about the super cigar bear sketch that just looks cool - maybe it's that the bear fills all the available space.

The shredded Wackys are not totally clear, but I think at least one of them is Maulboro.  Perhaps Neil can shed a little light.  I really like Wacky titles and sketches that have Wackys in them.

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #47 on: August 07, 2010, 09:14:47 AM »

The shredded Wackys are not totally clear, but I think at least one of them is Maulboro.  Perhaps Neil can shed a little light.  I really like Wacky titles and sketches that have Wackys in them.

Good eye, Pat! Maulboro, Paul Maul and Camels are all in there (or at least small parts of them)!

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #48 on: August 07, 2010, 09:33:13 AM »
Good eye, Pat! Maulboro, Paul Maul and Camels are all in there (or at least small parts of them)!

Cool! OK now Pat, you simply must provide us a large scan. Pleeeease?  ^-^

Offline Monsterettes

« Reply #49 on: August 07, 2010, 10:39:16 AM »
Much better eye than I have, I didn't realize they were real wackys at all!  I'd love to see a bigger scan too, if that's feasible.   

Offline ratchet007

« Reply #50 on: August 07, 2010, 11:04:47 AM »
I received my "Waiting List" postcards yesterday. I immediately noticed something interesting. One set is from the so-called 6b sets but, one is from the 6a sets. This would seem to indicate that there were leftovers from the # 1-150 sets sitting around while we were waiting on the replacements to be printed and shipped. Not sure if this has any bearing on anything but, I found it to be an interesting tidbit of info. Here are the scans of my sketches. They will probably both be up on e-Bay later today.

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #51 on: August 07, 2010, 12:41:51 PM »
Much better eye than I have, I didn't realize they were real wackys at all!  I'd love to see a bigger scan too, if that's feasible.   
Is this better?

Offline Monsterettes

« Reply #52 on: August 07, 2010, 02:16:04 PM »
Perfect!  I can really see them now, hilarious using cigarette wackys for the fodder.

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #53 on: August 07, 2010, 02:23:13 PM »
Perfect!  I can really see them now, hilarious using cigarette wackys for the fodder.

I almost forgot - the one in his upper lip is supposed to be Kook, albeit a very loose rendition!

Offline FourRoses

« Reply #54 on: August 07, 2010, 02:28:20 PM »
I'm glad I don't purchase a set of these cards and hope to turn a profit by selling the sketch card. The one I received looked as if someone at Topps sent the artist for a taxi ride down the bumpiest part of Broadway and had him draw. Nice? Yes. Glad I have it? Yes. As good as some posted on here? No.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #55 on: August 07, 2010, 02:50:44 PM »
I'm glad I don't purchase a set of these cards and hope to turn a profit by selling the sketch card. The one I received looked as if someone at Topps sent the artist for a taxi ride down the bumpiest part of Broadway and had him draw. Nice? Yes. Glad I have it? Yes. As good as some posted on here? No.
picture?

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #56 on: August 07, 2010, 05:18:23 PM »

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #57 on: August 08, 2010, 04:34:39 AM »
Here are two of my favorite Wacky Postcard items:

The first is my Halloween Sketch Card from Neil. I missed out on the email invite on Halloween due to going to see Pearl Jam close down the Spectrum in Philly that night. I had visited the forum early on the 10-31-09 but not later in the day. I sent Neil a PM the next day and was graciously sent one of the extra sketches he did for cases like mine. This card is my crown jewel for my postcard sketchcard collection even though it is not part of the actual program.

The next is a limited edition postcard from series 6 with Matthew's sketch on the back of the postcard. To have the artist do that for me was incredibly nice and this card is unique amongst my limited postcards.

Many thanks to Neil and Matthew for their extra efforts involved in these cards.

Regards,  DrDeal

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #58 on: August 08, 2010, 08:15:46 AM »

Just out of curiosity what title did you get?  I'm guessing Alpha-Bytes?

Offline FourRoses

« Reply #59 on: August 08, 2010, 08:27:04 AM »
As I look at it, I guess it's not a bad card at all.

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #60 on: August 08, 2010, 08:45:14 AM »
wow. I'm not sure how you ever thought that was bad or drawn on a bumpy road. It looks as well done as all the other Crocks and this one has a nicely done gooey Stifford's guy.

Offline FourRoses

« Reply #61 on: August 08, 2010, 08:47:33 AM »
I received and viewes my postcards as I was battling an eye problem.

Offline Monsterettes

« Reply #62 on: August 08, 2010, 10:23:32 AM »

Yeah, I think it's pretty cool.  I have a soft spot, so to speak, for Brent's crocs chomping on wacky characters. 

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #63 on: August 08, 2010, 10:37:54 AM »
Yeah, I think it's pretty cool.  I have a soft spot, so to speak, for Brent's crocs chomping on wacky characters. 
It's the tenderizer!

Really, Brent did a great job creating sketches that are all one postcard title, and yet unique, while also managing to incorporate other Wacky characters.  The more I look at my sketch of the Croc eating the Super Cigar Crisp bear, the more I like it.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #64 on: August 08, 2010, 10:46:59 AM »

Hell no, that's a nice one!  I love Brent's sketches.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #65 on: August 09, 2010, 01:07:28 PM »

I recently picked-up a postcard collection that had a handful of series 6 sets, and this was one of them.  I don't collect the colored ones so I am trying to use it as trade bait for a super-combo.

Offline Sue Mee

• and Sometimes I'm LipOff
« Reply #66 on: August 09, 2010, 02:13:47 PM »
I recently picked-up a postcard collection that had a handful of series 6 sets, and this was one of them.  I don't collect the colored ones so I am trying to use it as trade bait for a super-combo.

That's awesome Rob!
Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #67 on: August 09, 2010, 08:17:57 PM »

Today was the best mail day in quite some time!!! I received the 2 sets I ordered from Topps. Also received a series 6 set that I traded some patches for. Here are the sketch cards I pulled. I don't have a working scanner currently so these are photos... you may notice some  card size distortion as I had to move to the side to avoid light glares. I really like the composite sketches that reference each card in the corresponding set in some fashion. C 8)   8)  L

This may be a stupid question but don't remember it being mentioned... aren't the Series 6 Limited edition postcards signed by the artists like previous sets? I see the cards do not have the copyright on the front.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline bandaches

« Reply #68 on: August 09, 2010, 08:36:09 PM »

Today was the best mail day in quite some time!!! I received the 2 sets I ordered from Topps. Also received a series 6 set that I traded some patches for. Here are the sketch cards I pulled. I don't have a working scanner currently so these are photos... you may notice some  card size distortion as I had to move to the side to avoid light glares. I really like the composite sketches that reference each card in the corresponding set in some fashion. C 8)   8)  L

This may be a stupid question but don't remember it being mentioned... aren't the Series 6 Limited edition postcards signed by the artists like previous sets? I see the cards do not have the copyright on the front.
Nice pulls!  Sometimes you have to settle for the "Z" or the "N" for signatures.

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #69 on: August 09, 2010, 09:21:43 PM »
Nice pulls!  Sometimes you have to settle for the "Z" or the "N" for signatures.

A apologize, I didn't do a very good job of formulating my question in the previous post. Since I don't have full sets of some of the Postcard sets, I don't have a lot to compare against. In the earlier LE sets, as you know, Neil actually hand numbered the sets with his name on each Limited Edition postcard. Maybe that stopped sometimes in the series. I only know that none of the Series 6B LE postcards I received are numbered in any way They are distinguishable from the postcards from the regular set only in that they don't contain the copyright on the front. I just wondered if that was the same in 6A and earlier postcard sets. I do like the trend that was started in the 4th series set where title associated artwork is also on the back of each postcard so the backs are  not all identical within a set.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

anything