Author Topic: New Wacky T-Shirt with the Alien from JoeG  (Read 12234 times)

Offline Joe G.

New Wacky T-Shirt with the Alien from JoeG
« on: July 26, 2017, 11:33:01 AM »
So I just got back from SDCC with the family and with all the Alien related goodies I saw there I decided Alien needed a Wacky treatment. 

So without further ado here is "Alien Joy" the candy bar, available as a T-Shirt from my Threadless Store.  As a forum special I've slashed the price 10% so fitted Tees are only $22.50 and classic Tees only $18.  Please note I find Threadless sizes run small (or maybe I'm just getting bigger) I usually wear a size Large but their XL fits me perfect.  Please keep that in mind when ordering.

But wait there's more. 
For any forum member who posts an image of themselves wearing the T-Shirt on Twitter or Facebook and includes the link to my Threadless Store, I will send them a free JoeGParotee Alien Joy sketch card!  Just message me once you've posted and the card will be on it's way. 

Here's the link to the store:

https://joegparotee.threadless.com

And here's the Wacky goodness:

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
Re: New Wacky T-Shirt with the Alien from JoeG
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2017, 03:22:31 PM »
really like the coconut turned into an opened alien egg

« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 12:53:47 PM by Fanatical_and_Sickly »

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2017, 03:43:52 PM »
really like the coconut turned into an opened alien egg

Patrick you always make me smile!  This was actually painted as a Network Spews and that detail is the one thing that Topps demand I remove or they wouldn't use it.  I refused and well that's why it a JoeG ParoTee shirt!

Offline WACKY MIKE

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2017, 05:06:39 PM »
Hey Joe, How about printing up some "Alien Joy" cards? I would be Interested in buying one.

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2017, 05:09:08 PM »
 :great: :great: :great:

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2017, 05:20:19 PM »
Patrick you always make me smile!  This was actually painted as a Network Spews and that detail is the one thing that Topps demand I remove or they wouldn't use it.  I refused and well that's why it a JoeG ParoTee shirt!
wha?? that is just too weird. why in the world not? thanks for not changing your design!

Offline quas

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2017, 05:44:18 PM »
Hey Joe, How about printing up some "Alien Joy" cards? I would be Interested in buying one.

Same here!  I like the t-shirt but I'm not clear on how many occasions I would get to wear it, and I would certainly pay for a card!
Marc

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2017, 06:37:07 PM »
Same here!  I like the t-shirt but I'm not clear on how many occasions I would get to wear it, and I would certainly pay for a card!

Card please.....

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2017, 06:42:49 PM »
Well, I can never resist a forum request.  if I can get at least 10 orders I'll make a card for $5 shipped in a top loader in a #10 envelope.  Please PM me and when I get 10 orders, I will make it so.

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2017, 07:37:39 PM »
joe you know I'm your number one fan Glad you shared Alien Joy it's incredible!!

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2017, 08:57:42 PM »
Awesome work!

Ordered a shirt.  Hope cards become available soon!

Offline Brian Mc

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2017, 09:52:49 PM »
Great work! And kudos for standing firm for your artwork. I wish Topps shared your high standards  :-\

And, card please  :D
Brian Mc

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2017, 10:31:45 PM »
Scot and Robert, thanks for ordering shirts!  I just received a few today and they look killer.  I know you will dig them.  Also just to be clear the only way to get a sketch card is by posting a pic and link on Twitter or Facebook.  The $5 card I offered is just to be a printed card of the gag.  Sorry if that wasn't clear.  Lastly if the printed cards go I will be including those with the sketch card so if you order a shirt you're on the list for one of those as well.

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2017, 07:42:34 AM »
Great design and artwork, and a candy brand parody as well... so of course I love it. 
Jason Liebig - A swell TV host (currently on History Channel) who used to oversee Marvel Comics' X-Men - now creator and curator of WishbookWeb.com and CollectingCandy.com, a celebration of candy packaging, marketing and the people behind it all

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2017, 03:52:40 PM »
Thanks for adding the heather grey choice!  My order is in.

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2017, 06:17:21 PM »
So I just got back from SDCC with the family and with all the Alien related goodies I saw there I decided Alien needed a Wacky treatment. 

So without further ado here is "Alien Joy" the candy bar, available as a T-Shirt from my Threadless Store.  As a forum special I've slashed the price 10% so fitted Tees are only $22.50 and classic Tees only $18.  Please note I find Threadless sizes run small (or maybe I'm just getting bigger) I usually wear a size Large but their XL fits me perfect.  Please keep that in mind when ordering.

But wait there's more. 
For any forum member who posts an image of themselves wearing the T-Shirt on Twitter or Facebook and includes the link to my Threadless Store, I will send them a free JoeGParotee Alien Joy sketch card!  Just message me once you've posted and the card will be on it's way. 

Here's the link to the store:

https://joegparotee.threadless.com

And here's the Wacky goodness:

getting this on black shirt an option?
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2017, 09:29:08 AM »
Sure I'll set that up. Because of our page layout it can be a little hard to see so just look for the black color dot in the color row.
Best,
Joe G. 

Offline Scheres

• toyghoul.com
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2017, 11:02:50 AM »
Ordered! Love it!

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2017, 01:09:47 PM »
I like the gag!

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2017, 01:37:26 PM »
Hope the cards are soon a go!  Please let us know asap!

Wish I had known about the black shirt, though.  Next time I'll keep an eye open for the "black" button!

(And sorry, I'd like to oblige you with the "Facebook/Twitter" thing, but I gave that up several years ago.  If I think of a way to promote your shirt another way, though, I'll definitely do so!)

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2017, 02:46:57 PM »
Wish I had known about the black shirt, though.  Next time I'll keep an eye open for the "black" button!
Because black shirts matter, ya know.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2017, 06:16:36 AM »
Sure I'll set that up. Because of our page layout it can be a little hard to see so just look for the black color dot in the color row.
Best,
Joe G.
Black shirt option looks awesome, really higlights the colors, ordering one today.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2017, 06:29:08 AM »
Black shirt option looks awesome, really higlights the colors, ordering one today.

I went with the heather gray, as I already have several dark colored Wacky tees.

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2017, 10:46:37 AM »
Good News, we've reached the magic number in terms of people interested so I'll be printing a JoeGParotee trading card of "Alien Joy". 

If you would like one please paypal (friends and family if possible) $5 to vfx2g@me.com and please include your mailing address in the comments section.

If you bought a T-shirt, no need to purchase one, I've got you covered.

Card should be going out early next week.

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2017, 11:03:35 AM »
Good News, we've reached the magic number in terms of people interested so I'll be printing a JoeGParotee trading card of "Alien Joy". 

If you would like one please paypal (friends and family if possible) $5 to vfx2g@me.com and please include your mailing address in the comments section.

Good news!  Thank you!  Love both Wackys and the alien franchise - great pairing - and anxiously looking forward to both card and shirt!  (Perhaps in the future you could rig up a string or cable, so when you pull it, a spring-loaded alien pops out of the shirt while one is casually shopping for groceries in the market.)

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2017, 11:58:59 AM »
Thanks Joe. Card payment sent.   ;) ;) ;) ;)

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2017, 01:54:27 PM »

Talented AND generous.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline quas

« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2017, 08:19:21 PM »
Thanks again Joe - paypal friends and family sent!

Or maybe since we're talking Wackies, that should be paypal fiends and family... ;)
Marc

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2017, 08:13:48 PM »
The art for the cards went to the printer today.  The printers turn around is 1-2 weeks so cards will be sent out no later than the week of the 21st!

Also for those on Facebook, Ernie just sent me his great selfie wearing his Tee.  Check out Ernie's page to get a peak of Ernie and Alien Joy!

Also, to all getting Tees, please remember they're cold wash only.  Not sure what would happen if washed in hot water but as the Alien is involved, I wouldn't chance it.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2017, 02:39:32 AM »

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2017, 06:12:40 AM »
Nice mug Ernie! And great to hear Alien Joy will be a card too!

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2017, 02:08:59 PM »
Nice mug Ernie! And great to hear Alien Joy will be a card too!

Mug?  He looks like he's being chest burst!

Jim

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2017, 03:42:28 PM »

Offline lucidjc

Offline Scheres

• toyghoul.com
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2017, 04:27:57 PM »

Got mine today. Thanks!!