Author Topic: Is there a list somehwere of each of the Postcard Limited Edition Set contents?  (Read 16587 times)

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
I gave it a shot to create a price guide, obviously number of public sales is too small for this to be "bell curve" accurate so this is my WAG.  Thoughts?

Sketch   Set    Value   Notes
count       Size
10   250   $250    Wanderbread color   $400 ebay auction was high end abberation
13   200   $250    9 to life, Hoppy Meal, Ser4 Combos, Phillies Runt, ser6 combos.  Not all collectors chase combos so ser4 combos might sell for less
25   250   $200    StenchBerries/Gaggin Strips   Not a lot of public sales of Stenhberries so this is best guess
30   300   $150    Lice, H8   Tough call on H8 as some may chase combo version, tomato or beet versions of it and it seems to have high appeal to collectors so they may tend to sell for higher
33   100   $200    Series 1   Cardgarys hogged the supply causing spike in prices, expect prices will come down since quantity of 33 of any other sketch doesn't fetch $200
40   200   $75    DeadnBuried, Rex, 7Pup, Molten.  7 Pup sold for higher but no reason for it to sell for more than the other equal quantity titles
40   250   $125    Wanderbread   Seems to have more appeal than other qty 40 titles but expect prices to settle on this
50   250   $60    Tombs, Klepto, Speed Lick, Maulboro, Captain Moron   Should be priced between the qty 40 and qty 66 titles
52   52   $150    Halloween   Grouped the different classes into one group, high quantity but special appeal to these yields higher price
60   300   $50    Alpha Bytes, Killing Croc   Killing Croc seems to have higher appeal so may sell for higher
66   200   $40    Series 3   Shows the number of completists out there is far below 66
83   250   $30    Series 2   Shows the number of completists out there is far below 83
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline bandaches

It's definitely one of my favorites in my collection!  The combo I had prior to that one only had the cereal pieces coming out of the mouth, but not the Cap'n outfit and hat.  It was a nice upgrade.  There are "weak" combos and "strong" combos, and I went from weak to strong with that one.     
What if one of the Killing Croc titles was chomping on the alpha Bytes guy, would that be a combo?  I would say no.  It is a KILLING CROC sketch with the Alpha Bytes guy!  Neil's sketches of characters from diferent sketches in a pose unique to all other titles are the only true combos in my book.  My book wouldn't have the grey associated with "strong" and "weak" combos.  Again just my 2 cents but I think you are setting yourself up to go insane chasing these things by defining any sketch that has a hint of a reference to another sketch as a combo.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
I referred to the one that says "berries" that you were referring to as a combo.  That is a weakly defined combo.  

I agree this one pictured here is a good one but I still think it a stretch to create a whole classification from it since there is only one character.  To each his own but you will drive yourself insane with chasing bits and pieces combos.  I would think a true combo would be more than a tweak to what would be otherwise clearly a sketch of another classification. This is CLEARLY a Gaggin Strips with Berries Clothes.  It would be a stretch for anyone to think it is a Stench Berries with a new character.

You are agreeing with what I am saying.  If it is clearly what we consider "combo" art, with a good representation from both titles, then I think it qualifies under the "combo" classification.  Not all of them are as clear as the one I just showed but there's enough in my opinion to have a classification for them.  Plus we've seen these now for three series in a row, so it's not like it's a fluke.

I do drive myself insane chasing them, but if I can get one per series I'll be siked.  Series 6 is the toughest by far to collect combos because we have both 6A's and 6B's, plus 3 artists did them instead of just Smokin Joe, and some of them were only done once or twice.  That's plain cruel!  Hopefully series 7 won't be so tough.  
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
You are agreeing with what I am saying.  If it is clearly what we consider "combo" art, with a good representation from both titles, then I think it qualifies under the "combo" classification.  Not all of them are as clear as the one I just showed but there's enough in my opinion to have a classification for them.  Plus we've seen these now for three series in a row, so it's not like it's a fluke.

I do drive myself insane chasing them, but if I can get one per series I'll be siked.  Series 6 is the toughest by far to collect combos because we have both 6A's and 6B's, plus 3 artists did them instead of just Smokin Joe, and some of them were only done once or twice.  That's plain cruel!  Hopefully series 7 won't be so tough.  

Neil did awesome combos in series 6!  And Matthew Kirscht did great Lice/H8 combos.  I don't recall seeing any Captain Moron/Runt combos - got a picture?

I bet the people at Topps are thinking up ways to finish up the job of driving you insane..........

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
Neil did awesome combos in series 6!  And Matthew Kirscht did great Lice/H8 combos.  I don't recall seeing any Captain Moron/Runt combos - got a picture?

I bet the people at Topps are thinking up ways to finish up the job of driving you insane..........

They are!  and the artists too!  They are all out to get me!!!!  LOL!

Here is the latest one I picked-up.  I call it "Hoagie on a hook"...................

Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
Re: Is there a list somehwere of each of the Postcard Limited Edition Set conten
« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2010, 11:10:18 AM »
I gave it a shot to create a price guide, obviously number of public sales is too small for this to be "bell curve" accurate so this is my WAG.  Thoughts?

Sketch   Set    Value   Notes
count       Size
10   250   $250    Wanderbread color   $400 ebay auction was high end abberation
13   200   $250    9 to life, Hoppy Meal, Ser4 Combos, Phillies Runt, ser6 combos.  Not all collectors chase combos so ser4 combos might sell for less
25   250   $200    StenchBerries/Gaggin Strips   Not a lot of public sales of Stenhberries so this is best guess
30   300   $150    Lice, H8   Tough call on H8 as some may chase combo version, tomato or beet versions of it and it seems to have high appeal to collectors so they may tend to sell for higher
33   100   $200    Series 1   Cardgarys hogged the supply causing spike in prices, expect prices will come down since quantity of 33 of any other sketch doesn't fetch $200
40   200   $75    DeadnBuried, Rex, 7Pup, Molten.  7 Pup sold for higher but no reason for it to sell for more than the other equal quantity titles
40   250   $125    Wanderbread   Seems to have more appeal than other qty 40 titles but expect prices to settle on this
50   250   $60    Tombs, Klepto, Speed Lick, Maulboro, Captain Moron   Should be priced between the qty 40 and qty 66 titles
52   52   $150    Halloween   Grouped the different classes into one group, high quantity but special appeal to these yields higher price
60   300   $50    Alpha Bytes, Killing Croc   Killing Croc seems to have higher appeal so may sell for higher
66   200   $40    Series 3   Shows the number of completists out there is far below 66
83   250   $30    Series 2   Shows the number of completists out there is far below 83

Is there a way you can create a PDF of this from your spreadsheet to post?

Offline bandaches

Re: Is there a list somehwere of each of the Postcard Limited Edition Set conten
« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2010, 10:05:32 AM »
Is there a way you can create a PDF of this from your spreadsheet to post?
Here ya go:

Offline Lavirus

This thread is so freakin' useful, it really needs to go on a website like, say, Rusty's since the other one is no longer looking at current Wacky happenings.

I'd also love to see a list of all the random bonus cards, promo cards and other one-off stickers/cards that Topps has released over the years. I know this info is buried on the individual series pages on various sites but one list would be really helpful.

anything