Author Topic: Is there a list somehwere of each of the Postcard Limited Edition Set contents?  (Read 16671 times)

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
Greetings all, I didn't even learn about the postcards sets until a few months ago (living in a cave for several years) much less catch the Topp's release info about the  limited edition sets. I have been going through the various forum topics searching for info. I was wondering if anyone could post what the contents of each Limited Edition set was (or is there already a listing on-line somewhere)? I found info on the first two sets on the www.lostwackys.com site. I am mainly just interested in the basics, no need to break down all the sketch cards in the later released. I am also a bit confused on how each of the TS bonus cards associate with each release of the postcard sets. When you live behind the eight-ball, you inhale a lot of chalk dust.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
Greetings all, I didn't even learn about the postcards sets until a few months ago (living in a cave for several years) much less catch the Topp's release info about the  limited edition sets. I have been going through the various forum topics searching for info. I was wondering if anyone could post what the contents of each Limited Edition set was (or is there already a listing on-line somewhere)? I found info on the first two sets on the www.lostwackys.com site. I am mainly just interested in the basics, no need to break down all the sketch cards in the later released. I am also a bit confused on how each of the TS bonus cards associate with each release of the postcard sets. When you live behind the eight-ball, you inhale a lot of chalk dust.

If you PM me your email address I can send you a checklist of all series that should be helpful. 
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Playskull

Neil posted this breakdown on the other forum a while back.  This will get you caught up thru Series 4.  Can somebody add the Series 5 and Series 6 stuff to this list??  It will be good to have for future reference.  I forget where to categorize certain things (e.g., the Peepers promo postcard)

Series 1:

Limited Editon:
- 100 signed/numbered postcards (Dracs,Weaky Packages & Quacky Packages)
- Envelope with Grey logo.
- 100 sketch cards based on the 3 titles.

Regular Edition:
- standard postcards (different verbage on back/copyright on front)
- Envelope with Red logo

SERIES 2:
Limited Edition
- 250 Signed/numbered postcards (Swiss Moose,Cheatas, Mummy D)
- Envelope with Yellow logo.
- 250 sketch cards based on the 3 titles.
TS1 Bonus card - Mutty Bars.

Regular Edition:

SERIES 3:
Limited Edition:
- 200 Signed/numbered postcards (Eerio, Bassquick, Gloomy Bears)
- Envelope with Green logo.
- 200 sketch cards based on the 3 titles
- TS2 Bonus card - Grave Nuts.

Regular Edition:
- TS3 Bonus card - Clucky Soup.

SERIES 4:
Limited Edition:
- 200 Signed/numbered postcards (9 to Life, Dead & Buried, Rex Mix, Bugweiser and Molten Crisp)
- Envelope with Blue logo.
- 200 sketch cards based on 9 to Life, Dead & Buried, Rex Mix, 7 pup, Molten Crisp, and Hoppy Meal.
- 200 sets of 5 bio cards
- TS4 Bonus card - Hoppy Meal.

Regular Edition:
- TS5 Bonus card - 7 pup.

HALLOWEEN POSTCARDS/TRADING CARDS:
- Halloween postcard -Philly Show Edition: (Bots, Bricks & Ghostess)
says "Tricky Treat" on back

- Halloween postcard - regular release: (Bots, Bricks & Ghostess) says "Tricked Out" in orange burst on back

- Halloween Trading cards: 3 different titles released with Series 4 postcard sets (Bots, Bricks & Ghostess).

- Halloween sketchcards - based on Bots, Bricks & Ghostess.

PROMO CARDS:
- Series 5 Croca Cola promo card - with "Coming Winter 2010"
- Series 5 Croca Cola promo card - with "Coming February 2010"

« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 06:22:23 PM by Playskull »

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
This the list I posted in the Postcard Sets thread back in March, but updated to include the recent Peepers promo postcard.  I'll update the list to include series 6 AFTER the replacement sets actually ship.  That should be fun to write up.......

Series 1:

Limited Editon:
- 100 signed/numbered postcards (Dracky Packages,Weaky Packages & Quacky Packages)

Regular Edition:
- standard postcards (different verbiage on back/copyright on front)
- Envelope with Red logo

SERIES 2:
Limited Edition
- 250 Signed/numbered postcards (Swiss Moose, Cheatas, Mummy D)

Regular Edition:

SERIES 3:
Limited Edition:

Regular Edition:

SERIES 4:
Limited Edition:
- 200 limited edition postcards (9 to Life, Dead & Buried, Rex Mix, Bugweiser and Molten Crisp)
- Certificate of Authenticity, numbered to match sketch
- 200 sketch cards based on 9 to Life, Dead & Buried, Rex Mix, 7 pup, Molten Crisp, and Hoppy Meal.

Regular Edition:

- Halloween postcard - regular release: (Bots, Bricks & Ghostess) says "Tricked Out" in orange burst on back

- Halloween Trading cards: 3 different titles released with Series 4 postcard sets (Bots, Bricks & Ghostess).

PROMO CARDS:
- Series 5 Croca Cola promo sticker - with "Coming February 2010" on front (white back)

SERIES 5:
Limited Edition:
- 250 limited edition postcards (Wander, Stench Berries, Klepto, Tombs, and Taco Bill)
- Envelope with Orange logo.
- 250 sketch cards based on Wander, Stench Berries, Gaggin’ Strips, Tombs, Klepto, and Speed Lick .
- 250 sets of 6 bio cards
- TS6 Bonus card – Gaggin' Strips.

Regular Edition:
- TS7 Bonus card – Speed Lick.

Spring 2010 Philly promo postcard Resee's Peepers
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 04:01:58 AM by RawGoo »

Offline Kook

This the list I posted in the Postcard Sets thread back in March, but updated to include the recent Peepers promo postcard.  I'll update the list to include series 6 AFTER the replacement sets actually ship.  That should be fun to write up.......

Series 1:

Limited Editon:
- 100 signed/numbered postcards (Dracky Packages,Weaky Packages & Quacky Packages)

Regular Edition:
- Envelope with Red logo

SERIES 2:
Limited Edition
- 250 Signed/numbered postcards (Swiss Moose, Cheatas, Mummy D)

Regular Edition:

SERIES 3:
Limited Edition:

Regular Edition:

SERIES 4:
Limited Edition:
- 200 limited edition postcards (9 to Life, Dead & Buried, Rex Mix, Bugweiser and Molten Crisp)

Regular Edition:

PROMO CARDS:
- Series 5 Croca Cola promo sticker - with "Coming February 2010" on front (white back)

SERIES 5:
Limited Edition:
- 250 limited edition postcards (Wander, Stench Berries, Klepto, Tombs, and Taco Bill)
- 250 sketch cards based on Wander, Stench Berries, Gaggin’ Strips, Tombs, Klepto, and Speed Lick .
- TS6 Bonus card – Gaggin' Strips.

Regular Edition:
- TS7 Bonus card – Speed Lick.

Spring 2010 Philly promo postcard Resee's Peepers

Can we go a step further? Does anyone (on the forum or from Topps) have the release dates & availability times for series 1 to 6? (For series 4 to 6, I believe it would be in hours)

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
Can we go a step further? Does anyone (on the forum or from Topps) have the release dates & availability times for series 1 to 6? (For series 4 to 6, I believe it would be in hours)

I have them in word docs.  When I get a chance I'll list the release dates here on the forum.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys

I don't have the sell out times but I have the month and year of the releases  Hopefully Neil can proof these and maybe add more specific info.  I'm mainly questioning series 1 because I don't remember why the limited and regular releases came out on different times, so I would like to make sure it's accurate……….

Series 1
Limited -  November 2007
Regular -  January 2008

Series 2
Limited -  July 2008
Regular -  July 2008

Series 3
Limited -  May 2009
Regular -  May 2009

Series 4
Limited -  October 2009
Regular -  October 2009

Series 5
Limited -  March 2010
Regular -  March 2010

Series 6
Limited -  July 2010
Regular -  July 2010

Offline Playskull

You know what would have been cool?  A screen capture from the Topps website for each LE set.  Oh well, too late now. Damn.

Can somebody add all the Series 6 stuff to the list?  I'm not at home and I will forget something.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
You know what would have been cool?  A screen capture from the Topps website for each LE set.  Oh well, too late now. Damn.

Can somebody add all the Series 6 stuff to the list?  I'm not at home and I will forget something.
I've got my Word document partially updated for series 6, but kind of figured it would be better to post the series 6 stuff after the replacement sets actually ship.  I could certainly add the regular edition now, though.

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
Thanks everyone! Great detailed listings. I really appreciate it. All in less than on hour... crazy cool.  8)
Wacky people are the Packiest people I know.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
I don't have the sell out times but I have the month and year of the releases  Hopefully Neil can proof these and maybe add more specific info.  I'm mainly questioning series 1 because I don't remember why the limited and regular releases came out on different times, so I would like to make sure it's accurate……….
the separation in releases for series 1 is correct. initially the postcards were only going to be a limited set. then cardgary bought out almost half the set - so there was still very strong demand for the postcards. someone eventually decided printing up an unlimited set was the way to cover that demand. For series 2 onward, both editions were available on release date.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
I've got my Word document partially updated for series 6, but kind of figured it would be better to post the series 6 stuff after the replacement sets actually ship.  I could certainly add the regular edition now, though.

I'm doing the same………….waiting for the dust to settle first.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
the separation in releases for series 1 is correct. initially the postcards were only going to be a limited set. then cardgary bought out almost half the set - so there was still very strong demand for the postcards. someone eventually decided printing up an unlimited set was the way to cover that demand. For series 2 onward, both editions were available on release date.

Thanks, that makes sense. 

Offline Lavirus

It'd be great if this list could be kept up-to-date, either in this thread or on a website somewhere.

VX HYPERSPACE

It may not be too late. Billions of Internet pages have been archived...more every day.

Example: Click for Series 1 LE Postcards Archive

[expando]http://web.archive.org/web/20080306195400/http://www.toppsonlinestore.com/catalog/wpcset.jpg[/expando]

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
It may not be too late. Billions of Internet pages have been archived...more every day.

Example: Click for Series 1 LE Postcards Archive

[expando]http://web.archive.org/web/20080306195400/http://www.toppsonlinestore.com/catalog/wpcset.jpg[/expando]

That's cool!!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
A little late, but here's my attempt to add Series 6 to the list.  I also changed some of the earlier sets to list the postcard titles in number order.  

SERIES 1:
Limited Editon:
- 100 signed/numbered postcards (Dracky Packages, Quacky Packages, Weaky Packages)
- Envelope with grey logo
- 100 sketch cards based on the 3 titles

Regular Edition:
- Standard postcards (different verbiage on back/copyright on front).
- Envelope with red logo.

SERIES 2:
Limited Edition:
- 250 Signed/numbered postcards (Cheatas, Swiss Moose, Mummy D)
- Envelope with yellow logo
- 250 sketch cards based on the 3 titles
TS1 Bonus card - Mutty Bars

Regular Edition:
- Standard postcards (different verbiage on back/copyright on front)

SERIES 3:
Limited Edition:
- Envelope with green logo
- TS2 Bonus card - Grave Nuts

Regular Edition:
- TS3 Bonus card - Clucky Soup

SERIES 4:
Limited Edition:
- 200 limited edition postcards (9 to Life, Dead & Buried, Rex Mix, Bugweiser, Molten Crisp)
- Envelope with blue logo
- 200 sketch cards based on 9 to Life, Dead & Buried, Rex Mix, 7 Pup, Molten Crisp, and Hoppy Meal
- TS4 Bonus card - Hoppy Meal

Regular Edition:
- TS5 Bonus card - 7 Pup

- Halloween postcard -Philly Show Edition: (Ghostess, Bricks, Bots), says "Tricky Treat!" in black inside white burst under Wacky Packages logo on reverse
- Halloween postcard - regular release: (Ghostess, Bricks, Bots), says "Tricked Out!" in white inside orange burst under Wacky Packages logo on reverse
- Halloween Trading cards: 3 different titles released with Series 4 postcard sets (Ghostess, Bricks, Bots)

- Halloween sketchcards - based on Ghostess, Bricks and Bots

PROMO CARDS:

SERIES 5:
Limited Edition:
- 250 limited edition postcards (Tombs, Wander, Taco Bill, Klepto Stench Berries)
- Envelope with orange logo
- 250 sketch cards based on Tombs, Wander, Taco Bill, Klepto and Stench Berries, Gaggin’ Strips and Speed Lick
- TS6 Bonus card – Gaggin' Strips

Regular Edition:
- TS7 Bonus card – Speed Lick

Spring 2010 Philly promo postcard Peepers

SERIES 6
Limited Edition*:
- 300 limited edition postcards (Game of Lice, Rolling Croc, Captain Moron, Alpha Bytes, Maulboro)
- Pink wrapper, numbered to match sketch
- 300 sketch cards based on Game of Lice, Rolling Croc, Captain Moron, Alpha Bytes, Maulboro, H8 and Philly’s Runt
- 300 sets of 5 bio cards
- TS9 Bonus card – Philly’s Runt

* Due to a lost delivery, Limited Edition postcard sets were issued as two separate ‘phases’.  Phase 1, also known as 6A, includes sets numbered 1 through 150, and Phase 2, also known as 6B includes sets 151 through 300.  Differences are as follows:

- Phase 1 LE postcards have a white Topps logo on the reverse, and Phase 2 LE postcards have a red Topps logo on the reverse
- Phase 1 COAs have ‘Limited Edition Postcards’ in black, and Phase 2 COAs have ‘Limited Edition Postcards’ in pink
- Phase 1 wrappers have the set number in white in a pink oval, and Phase 2 wrappers have the set number in pink in a white oval
- Phase 1 sketch cards have the Wacky Packages logo in yellow, and Phase 2 sketch cards have the Wacky Packages logo in red

Regular Edition:
- Envelope with pink logo
- TS8 Bonus card – H8
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 05:44:38 AM by RawGoo »

Offline NEZHEAD42

Thanks Raw Goo! That looks awesome. I came late to the postcards and now I know where I stand. I will certainly print this out and add it to my binder. Thanks again!
"What's the point of being grown up, if you can't act childish?" - Doctor Who

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
A little late, but here's my attempt to add Series 6 to the list.  I also changed some of the earlier sets to list the postcard titles in number order.  

SERIES 6
Limited Edition*:
- 300 limited edition postcards (Game of Lice, Rolling Croc, Captain Moron, Alpha Bytes, Maulboro)
- 300 sketch cards based on Game of Lice, Rolling Croc, Captain Moron, Alpha Bytes, Maulboro, H8 and Philly’s Runt

* Due to a lost delivery, Limited Edition postcard sets were issued as two separate ‘phases’.  Phase 1, also known as 6A, includes sets numbered 1 through 150, and Phase 2, also known as 6B includes sets 151 through 300.  Differences are as follows:

- Phase 1 LE postcards have a white Topps logo on the reverse, and Phase 2 LE postcards have a red Topps logo on the reverse
- Phase 1 COAs have ‘Limited Edition Postcards’ in black, and Phase 2 COAs have ‘Limited Edition Postcards’ in pink
- Phase 1 wrappers have the set number in white in a pink oval, and Phase 2 wrappers have the set number in pink in a white oval
- Phase 1 sketch cards have the Wacky Packages logo in yellow, and Phase 2 sketch cards have the Wacky Packages logo in red

Regular Edition:
- TS8 Bonus card – H8

Good job Pat, I would maybe add the fact that the 6A/6B releases are 1-150 and 151-300.  I believe there was an exception to that but it's pretty accurate.

Offline NEZHEAD42

Could this also be added to the list?

Wacky Packages Postcard Collector’s Kit
- Official Deluxe-Edition Collectors Binder
- 15 Ultra Pro 2-pocket pages
- 5 Ultra Pro 9-pocket pages
- Exclusive Wacky Packages Postcards Souvenir Stamps Sheet
"What's the point of being grown up, if you can't act childish?" - Doctor Who

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
Good job Pat, I would maybe add the fact that the 6A/6B releases are 1-150 and 151-300.  I believe there was an exception to that but it's pretty accurate.

That's in there, in Phase explanation.  I never heard about an exception though!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
I've added in the postcard binder, but without the Ultra-Pro sleeves, just the binder and stamp sheet.  I put it ahead of series 6 since it came out before series 6.

SERIES 1:
Limited Editon:
- 100 signed/numbered postcards (Dracky Packages, Quacky Packages, Weaky Packages)
- Envelope with grey logo
- 100 sketch cards based on the 3 titles

Regular Edition:
- Standard postcards (different verbiage on back/copyright on front).
- Envelope with red logo.

SERIES 2:
Limited Edition:
- 250 Signed/numbered postcards (Cheatas, Swiss Moose, Mummy D)
- 250 sketch cards based on the 3 titles

Regular Edition:

SERIES 3:
Limited Edition:
- TS2 Bonus card - Grave Nuts

Regular Edition:
- TS3 Bonus card - Clucky Soup

SERIES 4:
Limited Edition:
- 200 limited edition postcards (9 to Life, Dead & Buried, Rex Mix, Bugweiser, Molten Crisp)
- 200 sketch cards based on 9 to Life, Dead & Buried, Rex Mix, 7 Pup, Molten Crisp, and Hoppy Meal
- TS4 Bonus card - Hoppy Meal

Regular Edition:
- TS5 Bonus card - 7 Pup

- Halloween postcard -Philly Show Edition: (Ghostess, Bricks, Bots), says "Tricky Treat!" in black inside white burst under Wacky Packages logo on reverse
- Halloween postcard - regular release: (Ghostess, Bricks, Bots), says "Tricked Out!" in white inside orange burst under Wacky Packages logo on reverse
- Halloween Trading cards: 3 different titles released with Series 4 postcard sets (Ghostess, Bricks, Bots)

- Halloween sketchcards - based on Ghostess, Bricks and Bots

PROMO CARDS:

SERIES 5:
Limited Edition:
- 250 limited edition postcards (Tombs, Wander, Taco Bill, Klepto Stench Berries)
- 250 sketch cards based on Tombs, Wander, Taco Bill, Klepto and Stench Berries, Gaggin’ Strips and Speed Lick
- TS6 Bonus card – Gaggin' Strips

Regular Edition:
- TS7 Bonus card – Speed Lick

Spring 2010 Philly promo postcard Peepers

WACKY PACKAGES POSTCARD COLLECTOR'S KIT:
- Official Deluxe-Edition Collectors Binder
- Exclusive Wacky Packages Postcards Souvenir Stamps Sheet

SERIES 6
Limited Edition*:

Regular Edition:
- TS8 Bonus card – H8
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 06:24:29 AM by RawGoo »

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
That's in there, in Phase explanation.  I never heard about an exception though!

Oh yah, I read too darn fast, always in a hurry!  I know that there was at least one sketch card that was in the low 150's that had a yellow logo.  I think Ernie may have had it or maybe he is the one that pointed it out to me, but I'm pretty sure there was at least one that didn't follow that sequence.

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
Oh yah, I read too darn fast, always in a hurry!  I know that there was at least one sketch card that was in the low 150's that had a yellow logo.  I think Ernie may have had it or maybe he is the one that pointed it out to me, but I'm pretty sure there was at least one that didn't follow that sequence.
I think what you are referring to is an ebay auction I called out that had a really had scan so the colors were screwed up.  I believe we determined it was 2nd 150's so all was well.  Was there another example?

Also, don't we have approximate counts on sketch cards produced?  I had this stored in a spreadsheet somewhere so if nobody has this available, I will see what I can dig up.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
I think what you are referring to is an ebay auction I called out that had a really had scan so the colors were screwed up.  I believe we determined it was 2nd 150's so all was well.  Was there another example?

Also, don't we have approximate counts on sketch cards produced?  I had this stored in a spreadsheet somewhere so if nobody has this available, I will see what I can dig up.

This is what I estimated based on picking up various pieces of information.  I tried to copy & paste this but it came out all jumbled.  The tabs all line-up nicely but when I post it is messes them all up, so I just did a screen shot............

« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 05:29:44 PM by Dr Popper »

Offline bandaches

This is what I estimated based on picking up various pieces of information.  I tried to copy & paste this but it came out all jumbled.  The tabs all line-up nicely but when I post it is messes them all up, so I just did a screen shot............

I have distringuished Tomato and Beet Matt sketches and combined release A and B for sketch total count purposes as the color of the logo has no impact on the sketch:
60   Sketch: Alpha Bytes
60   Sketch: Killing Croc
50   Sketch: Maulboro
10   Sketch: Multi Character
30   Sketch: Lice
17   Sketch: H8 Tomato
8   Sketch: H8 Beet
5   Sketch: H8/Lice Combo
10   Sketch: Phillies Runt
45   Sketch: Captain Moron
5   Sketch: Captain Moron/Runt Combo
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline bandaches

How does this look for sketch tallies:

Series   Quantity   Description
1   33   Sketch: Weaky Packages
1   33   Sketch: Dracky
1   33   Sketch: Quacky Packages
2   83   sketch: Mummy-D
2   83   Sketch: Swiss Moose
2   83   Sketch: Cheetas
3   66   Sketch Eerio
3   66   Sketch: Bassquick
3   66   Sketch: Gloomy Bears
4   13   Skech: 9 to Life
4   40   Sketch: Dead and Buried
4   40   Sketch: Rex Mix
4   40   Sketch: 7 Pup
4   40   Sketch: Molten Crisp
4   13   Sketch: Hoppy Meal
4   13   Sketch: Combos
Hallowe   13   Sketch: Based on Bots
Hallowe   13   Sketch: Based on Bricks
Hallowe   13   Sketch: Based on Ghostess
5   50   Sketch: Wanderbread(color and B&W)
5   25   Sketch: Stenchberries
5   50   Sketch: Tombs
5   25   Sketch: Gaggin Strips
5   50   Sketch: Klepto
5   50   Sketch: Speed Lick
6   60   Sketch: Alpha Bytes
6   60   Sketch: Killing Croc
6   50   Sketch: Maulboro
6   10   Sketch: Multi Character
6   30   Sketch: Lice
6   17   Sketch: H8 Tomato
6   8   Sketch: H8 Beet
6   5   Sketch: H8/Lice Combo
6   10   Sketch: Phillies Runt
6   45   Sketch: Captain Moron
6   5   Sketch: Captain Moron/Runt Combo

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator

Series   Quantity   Description
1   33   Sketch: Weaky Packages
1   33   Sketch: Dracky
1   33   Sketch: Quacky Packages
2   83   sketch: Mummy-D
2   83   Sketch: Swiss Moose
2   83   Sketch: Cheetas
3   66   Sketch Eerio
3   66   Sketch: Bassquick
3   66   Sketch: Gloomy Bears
4   13   Skech: 9 to Life
4   40   Sketch: Dead and Buried
4   40   Sketch: Rex Mix
4   40   Sketch: 7 Pup
4   40   Sketch: Molten Crisp
4   13   Sketch: Hoppy Meal
4   13   Sketch: Combos
Hallowe   13   Sketch: Based on Bots
Hallowe   13   Sketch: Based on Bricks
Hallowe   13   Sketch: Based on Ghostess
5   50   Sketch: Wanderbread(color and B&W)
5   25   Sketch: Stenchberries
5   50   Sketch: Tombs
5   25   Sketch: Gaggin Strips
5   50   Sketch: Klepto
5   50   Sketch: Speed Lick
6   60   Sketch: Alpha Bytes
6   60   Sketch: Killing Croc
6   50   Sketch: Maulboro
6   10   Sketch: Multi Character
6   30   Sketch: Lice
6   17   Sketch: H8 Tomato
6   8   Sketch: H8 Beet
6   5   Sketch: H8/Lice Combo
6   10   Sketch: Phillies Runt
6   45   Sketch: Captain Moron
6   5   Sketch: Captain Moron/Runt Combo

I think there were an additional 13 Halloween sketches.  Also, weren't there some series 5 Stench Berries/Gaggin' Strips combos?

Offline bandaches

I think there were an additional 13 Halloween sketches.  Also, weren't there some series 5 Stench Berries/Gaggin' Strips combos?
What were the extra set of halloween sketches based on?  I know the first 3 batches represented each of the halloween post cards, correct?

The Stench/Gaggin combo is a stretch to be called a combo, I think it is a gaggin Strips sketch with the word Berries on it.  I would think at least both characters have to be represented to be a combo.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
What were the extra set of halloween sketches based on?  I know the first 3 batches represented each of the halloween post cards, correct?

The Stench/Gaggin combo is a stretch to be called a combo, I think it is a gaggin Strips sketch with the word Berries on it.  I would think at least both characters have to be represented to be a combo.

Yes, the first 3 batches of Halloween sketches had 13 of each for the titles on the Halloween postcards, numbered on the back as 'x' of 13, with the title below it.  I believe the extra 13 sketches were mixed, and included combos.  At one point Neil had said he thought he had a scan of those he could post, but I don't recall ever seeing it.  I'll try to take a look at old posts tonight.  Or, perhaps Neil can help here. 

I know you weren't keen on the Stench/Gaggin' combo representation, but I thought some others were.  And I think some were a little clearer than the dog just spitting out berries - Rob might have one, and I think I recall that there was one with the dog wearing the Captain's hat.

What's funny with the series 5 Smokin' Joe sketches is it seemed to me that it was easier to find a 'combo' with the dog spitting out berries (with or without added text) than it was to find a Gaggin' sketch with no mention of Stench Berries.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys

Halloween   13   Sketch: Based on Bots
Halloween   13   Sketch: Based on Bricks
Halloween   13   Sketch: Based on Ghostess
Halloween   13   Sketch: Non-titled

You can add in the "non-titled" Halloween sketch like I did above.  These were 13 more that Neil did for some that missed out.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys

I beg to differ!  If this isn't classified as a "combo" I don't know what is.................

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
I beg to differ!  If this isn't classified as a "combo" I don't know what is.................

That's the one I remembered!

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
That's the one I remembered!

It's definitely one of my favorites in my collection!  The combo I had prior to that one only had the cereal pieces coming out of the mouth, but not the Cap'n outfit and hat.  It was a nice upgrade.  There are "weak" combos and "strong" combos, and I went from weak to strong with that one.     

Offline bandaches

I beg to differ!  If this isn't classified as a "combo" I don't know what is.................

I referred to the one that says "berries" that you were referring to as a combo.  That is a weakly defined combo.  

I agree this one pictured here is a good one but I still think it a stretch to create a whole classification from it since there is only one character.  To each his own but you will drive yourself insane with chasing bits and pieces combos.  I would think a true combo would be more than a tweak to what would be otherwise clearly a sketch of another classification. This is CLEARLY a Gaggin Strips with Berries Clothes.  It would be a stretch for anyone to think it is a Stench Berries with a new character.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 02:38:18 PM by bandaches »