Author Topic: Extremely high price for a 1967 Unpunched Ratz die cut  (Read 2871 times)

Offline Rabanv

Extremely high price for a 1967 Unpunched Ratz die cut
« on: July 06, 2017, 02:37:14 PM »
I just saw someone on Ebay asking $14,000.00 for a  unpunched 1967 No.32 Ratz die cut.I do realize it is a very rare demanding die cut but someone would have to be extremely rich to shell out that kind of money and who can say if you would ever get your money back.

Offline Paul_Maul

Re: Extremely high price for a 1967 Unpunched Ratz die cut
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2017, 02:46:23 PM »
You fail to mention that it is a PSA 7. The asking price is too high, as the seller knows. It could probably be obtained for $7500-$8500 or so. If you'd prefer a cheaper one, go for one in lesser condition.

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2017, 02:46:57 PM »
That Ratz should only go for like $9,000 in my opinion. You really like Ratz, don't you?

Can't blame you, it is one of my favorites that I'll never get. Too rich for my blood.

Offline Rabanv

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2017, 05:24:46 PM »
Yes,I must admit I did fail to mention it is a PSA 7.However I personally would never shell that large amount of money.I actually do enjoy all of the 44 variation 1967 die cuts as well as Ratz and Cracked Animals.It just is unfortunate that the asking prices tend to be more high than can be affordable for wacky sticker collectors including  myself.One thing I have known that many wacky sticker collectors do is that they will usually take a punched Ratz or Cracked animals and try to fit it in the border frame of a punched Weakies or Cracked Jerk die cut.The only problem with that is that the punched out die cuts will more than likely fit inside the border frame except that if you look at the front ,you will know for certain that the background is not a Ratz or Cracked Animals die cut border frame.

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2017, 07:17:37 PM »
Who are the many wacky pack collectors who have done this?
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2017, 02:00:36 AM »

Not me - that would just be wrong.  I recall seeing a questionable die cut on ebay maybe a year ago where the frame didn't seem to match the title.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2017, 02:31:53 PM »
Not me. I have repros...which I think is less wrong than shoving a punched image into a frame.