Author Topic: "Lost" Series 3  (Read 47372 times)

Offline vahsurfer

Re: "Lost" Series 3
« Reply #140 on: November 18, 2017, 04:35:27 AM »
I am interested in REAL items; official items, if you will.

IF Matt is making these then they are no different then anyone of us making their own "Wackyies" and passing them off as a Topps product..... sad if true!

Offline drono

« Reply #141 on: November 18, 2017, 04:49:50 AM »
They are listed as "The Official Binder."  I wonder what makes them official.

Is it a deal with Topps or do they feel that they are the owner of the product?  In either case, money or exclusive permission would've had to be exchanged at some point.

What I can't understand is how they are getting such high prices for everything.  It appears they can print as many as they like, so can you even "truthfully" call them rare when you can just print more?  I guess there are a lot of people out there with more dollars than sense.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 04:55:55 AM by drono »

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #142 on: November 18, 2017, 05:06:30 AM »

Is it a deal with Topps or do they feel that they are the owner of the product?  In either case, money or exclusive permission would've had to be exchanged at some point.

What I can't understand is how they are getting such high prices for everything.  It appears they can print as many as they like, so can you even "truthfully" call them rare when you can just print more?  I guess there are a lot of people out there with more dollars than sense.
they are only 'official' in the sense that they aren't the 'prototype' (or copycat forgeries?). Greg's updated webpages on all the Lost Wacky stuff makes for some entertaining reading.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 05:12:45 AM by Fanatical_and_Sickly »

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #143 on: November 18, 2017, 05:09:52 AM »

It seems to me that there are really no "Official" Lost Wackys, other than the ones Topps has included as subsets in ANS or Flashback sets, or authorized in Abrams books and the calendar.  My problem here relates to the characterization of these items as original "Lost Wacky" items.  I paid a considerable amount of money for my original sealed Lost packs, binders, etc., and by just running off more prints of what were supposed to be limited items, or creating new items and implying that they are the same as were produced with the original Lost Wackys, the seller(s) are significantly diminishing the value of what I have previously purchased.

How would anyone here who paid a premium price for a vintage NM Band-Ache or Choke Wagon feel if Topps just decided to print some more stickers with the original copyright and offered them for $15??

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #144 on: November 18, 2017, 01:11:52 PM »
they are only 'official' in the sense that they aren't the 'prototype' (or copycat forgeries?). Greg's updated webpages on all the Lost Wacky stuff makes for some entertaining reading.

I just checked my "original" binders - they are not paper inserts in dime store binders, but are professionally produced binders, similar to the Non-Sport Update binders.  The checklists on the back are much lower, and the spines incorporate the collage of Wackys, and have the name "Lost Wacky Stickers" over the sticker images.

One picture that is still on Greg's site resembles the front of my binders - the one with the starburst logo.  The rest is indeed entertaining reading.

If anyone here buys one of these "nice find Official" binders, I'd like to know what it is like, i.e. D-ring, hard cover, or puffy like the Old School binders, or fabric like the recent Topps binders.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 01:21:50 PM by RawGoo »

Offline Schmutz

« Reply #145 on: March 30, 2018, 06:34:53 AM »
Seriously, who is buying this crap?

https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&_ssn=make_mine_marvel_1973&_sop=16

http://www.wackypackages.org/unpublished/LW3.html

Every couple of weeks they add more "undiscovered" stuff to the page. What a scam!!
Wait for it, we will see puzzle variations as well as ludlow backs. Heck, they may even make actual die cut stickers!! 

"Only 5 of each Gold Card were made" 

"There are only five of each title in silvers"

"2011 LOST WACKY PACKAGES 3rd SERIES DIAMOND"
"Only 1 of each Title were made"

Every week a new discovery from 2011. A lot of the items are not even stickers, they are card stock. I can't believe that collectors of the original wacky packages would spend their money on this fake crap but this is a lot of money per card for new collectors to be spending.

There will be an endless stream of this junk unless people stop buying it.

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #146 on: March 30, 2018, 12:59:54 PM »
or topps puts an end to it. I wish I had more money to spend on real Wackies, but I spent ALL my money on these. I don't even have enough to buy the new Easter set.

Is that not the complaint that Topps used to put the kybosh on Neils Halloween set? If people bought the Halloween set, they wouldn't have money to buy Old School 6.

Jim

Offline Bigmuc13

« Reply #147 on: March 30, 2018, 04:58:22 PM »
It is really hard to believe that people are paying that much for this stuff.  I really can't understand why?  Is there that much demand.  Also, this money is getting pretty large, I really hope these guys are reporting this as income, and untaxed income at that.  That will hurt come tax time!!
Still looking for Series 17

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #148 on: March 30, 2018, 05:12:22 PM »
It seems to be the same two bidders.

Offline Bigmuc13

« Reply #149 on: March 30, 2018, 05:13:50 PM »
It seems to be the same two bidders.

I know who neither of them are.......me  :D
Still looking for Series 17