Author Topic: "Lost" Series 3  (Read 47386 times)

Offline NationalSpittoon

Re: "Lost" Series 3
« Reply #105 on: July 08, 2017, 10:03:52 AM »
Of course he has them all I don't get why there's any desirability to collect this crap

It's not desirable but I don't see the point of bringing it up again. There's nothing that's going to change the fact that people will bid these LW3 things up whether they are real or not.

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #106 on: July 08, 2017, 11:49:18 AM »
It's not desirable but I don't see the point of bringing it up again. There's nothing that's going to change the fact that people will bid these LW3 things up whether they are real or not.
I think DrDeal has ever right to bring up his frustration about this.  If not, why bother having a forum to discuss it.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #107 on: July 08, 2017, 12:15:49 PM »
Of course he has them all I don't get why there's any desirability to collect this crap

Totally agree

Offline bandaches

« Reply #108 on: July 08, 2017, 12:57:00 PM »
I'm a bit confused here. What benefit does Matt have for doing something illegal? Making money? He has sold so many 16's that he probably bought from others and tried to make a profit on. It may sound irrelevant but he has other big money making items, i.e. a full 11th box. (Sold a while back.) So, I really do not see what making a fake Lost Wackys series has to offer.

Also, this might help a little... Matt literally gave me a funpack, like 15 promos, 2 OS unopened packs, and a 2016 Wacky Box... If that doesn't show something about his merit, I'm not sure what does.
I don't follow your logic here.  matt is selling other valuable items so his selling Lost wacky crap(and possibly printing it) for money isn't for the purpose of making money?  Why isn't he giving the LW stuff away for free?  the stuff he "literally" gave you seems like a total worth of barely $25.  How does compare to his selling LW3 stuff for nearly $400 each?
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #109 on: July 08, 2017, 02:21:00 PM »
Totally agree

Sadly, I agree, and am not interested.

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #110 on: July 08, 2017, 02:53:25 PM »
I don't follow your logic here.  matt is selling other valuable items so his selling Lost wacky crap(and possibly printing it) for money isn't for the purpose of making money?  Why isn't he giving the LW stuff away for free?  the stuff he "literally" gave you seems like a total worth of barely $25.  How does compare to his selling LW3 stuff for nearly $400 each?

Yes it would be for the purpose of making money. But why would he do something ILLEGAL to make money? And, I don't seem to follow your logic of the fact that everything he gave me is a total worth of "barely $25."

eBay auction: #222499776355

eBay auction: #262575242962

And you yourself are selling a full 8th set of funpacks for approx. 16 dollars a piece. A 13th funpack is tougher than an 8th.
But then again, we're getting off topic aren't we?  :]

I think DrDeal has ever right to bring up his frustration about this.  If not, why bother having a forum to discuss it.

I never said he didn't have the right. I said I don't understand the point of bringing to the attention of the forum considering it is a dead issue at this point and all of the sides have been acknowledged.

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #111 on: July 08, 2017, 06:02:26 PM »
I never said he didn't have the right. I said I don't understand the point of bringing to the attention of the forum considering it is a dead issue at this point and all of the sides have been acknowledged.

But right now, at this very moment, Dr. Deal is going through Wacky withdrawal - and this puts a new twist on everything!  Now that the daily cards are gone, and the mysterious bundles have yet to surface, LS3 is the only thing for left him to look forward to and collect.  It's like showing a drowning man a life preserver, yet saying, "It is yours for $400."  Somehow that doesn't seem right to me.  The poor man!  I've been told that he is now on IV drips of Slopicana, Mutt's Apple Juice, and Gillo Port.  In desperation, his family has even hired an elegantly dressed ape to squirt Spray Poupon on him.  Yet even so, the prognosis doesn't look very promising at this moment.  I'm sure it's going to be a long, hard, tough fight.  Please keep Dr. Deal in your thoughts and prayers.  And remember, it could be any one of us next!

And Old School 6 seems so far, far away...

« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 06:35:32 PM by Baked Bears »

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #112 on: July 08, 2017, 07:33:06 PM »
I bring it up because I feel its a blight on our hobby and it bothers me.
I feel the same way about you not being able to properly quote reply to a post after having over 2000 posts to your credit.   :] :P

Just kidding, Andrew. You left yourself wide open on that one.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #113 on: July 08, 2017, 10:07:40 PM »
Yes it would be for the purpose of making money. But why would he do something ILLEGAL to make money? And, I don't seem to follow your logic of the fact that everything he gave me is a total worth of "barely $25."

eBay auction: #222499776355

eBay auction: #262575242962

And you yourself are selling a full 8th set of funpacks for approx. 16 dollars a piece. A 13th funpack is tougher than an 8th.
But then again, we're getting off topic aren't we?  :]

It is a dead issue to you so why are you still posting about it?  Clearly not a dead issue for others. 

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #114 on: July 09, 2017, 04:26:05 AM »
It is a dead issue to you so why are you still posting about it?  Clearly not a dead issue for others.

It is a dead issue in my opinion, but I am still reading about because it is on the forum.. I don't believe in it and therefore it being a dead issue, but I'm just reading it..

Offline bandaches

« Reply #115 on: July 09, 2017, 06:06:09 AM »
It is a dead issue in my opinion, but I am still reading about because it is on the forum.. I don't believe in it and therefore it being a dead issue, but I'm just reading it..
What is your explanation for matt coloring and altering sketches to enhance the value to sell on eBay?

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #116 on: July 09, 2017, 06:49:28 AM »
What is your explanation for matt coloring and altering sketches to enhance the value to sell on eBay?

Like many people the world over, you can be a sincerely nice guy in person, and still be unethical sometimes. Everyone has their own moral compass. I have seen enough people questioning Matt's behavior in different situations to figure that where there is smoke, there's fire. Yet he's done unsolicited favors for me in the past a bunch of times. It is what it is, all anyone can do is form their own impressions from their experiences and those reported by others.

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #117 on: July 09, 2017, 07:10:21 AM »

I don't have an explanation for that. What made you think I did?

Offline bandaches

« Reply #118 on: July 09, 2017, 08:08:25 AM »
I don't have an explanation for that. What made you think I did?
You opened this whole dialogue saying that he's making so much money with other stuff, why would he do anything illegal as you called it.  How is printing lost wacky's to make money any different than defacing sketches to make money?  Your whole line of questioning doesn't make any sense.  I get it, matt sent you free stuff and therefore you think kindly of him

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #119 on: July 09, 2017, 08:47:17 AM »
You opened this whole dialogue saying that he's making so much money with other stuff, why would he do anything illegal as you called it.  How is printing lost wacky's to make money any different than defacing sketches to make money?  Your whole line of questioning doesn't make any sense.  I get it, matt sent you free stuff and therefore you think kindly of him

It's not any different. Yes I think he is a good person in that sense when I met him, but that doesn't matter.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #120 on: July 09, 2017, 08:56:05 AM »
It's not any different. Yes I think he is a good person in that sense when I met him, but that doesn't matter.
So let's get back to your original question, was it rhetorical or were you really looking for an answer?  Do you still not understand why Matt would be motivated to print and create variations of lost wackys? Clearly to make money... For the record I'm not convinced Matt is printing anything I think he's got access to a stash of stuff that was printed long ago by the same guys who did lost wacky's one and two and he's exclusively selling it all.  Perhaps those guys are printing all these Ludlow variations and such that as possible.

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #121 on: July 09, 2017, 08:58:40 AM »
So let's get back to your original question, was it rhetorical or were you really looking for an answer?  Do you still not understand why Matt would be motivated to print and create variations of lost wackys? Clearly to make money... For the record I'm not convinced Matt is printing anything I think he's got access to a stash of stuff that was printed long ago by the same guys who did lost wacky's one and two and he's exclusively selling it all.  Perhaps those guys are printing all these Ludlow variations and such that as possible.

The question was meant to be rhetorical. I can see why you would print something to get money, but I don't think he's printing them either. I don't pay attention to those auctions though so I'm not sure about variations.

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #122 on: July 23, 2017, 10:52:19 AM »
I have purchased a fair amount of Matt's items for the Lost Series 3 and I would be less then happy if they were "Manufactured" and not legit - That is FRAUD and the NY State Attorney would have an issue with that, especially if items crossed state lines, which is now mail fraud.

I have always had a great buy / sell relationship with him over the years and nothing to date has indicated him being dishonest.

Our industry of "collectables" has always been subject t fraud and counterfeit items, from stamps, coins and other items to cards.  At the Allentown show, someone bought something and soon discovered it was "modified" after inspection with a magnified glass.

Hopefully we can all work together and police the efforts of those that attempt to falsely profit.  I have no problem if someone found a cache of goods or made a bulk deal or an estate steal (I had one once!!!) and then profits from it.

Thank you for your time and consideration of my thoughts.

Richard

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #123 on: July 23, 2017, 11:06:10 AM »
I have purchased a fair amount of Matt's items for the Lost Series 3 and I would be less then happy if they were "Manufactured" and not legit - That is FRAUD and the NY State Attorney would have an issue with that, especially if items crossed state lines, which is now mail fraud.

I have always had a great buy / sell relationship with him over the years and nothing to date has indicated him being dishonest.

Our industry of "collectables" has always been subject t fraud and counterfeit items, from stamps, coins and other items to cards.  At the Allentown show, someone bought something and soon discovered it was "modified" after inspection with a magnified glass.

Hopefully we can all work together and police the efforts of those that attempt to falsely profit.  I have no problem if someone found a cache of goods or made a bulk deal or an estate steal (I had one once!!!) and then profits from it.

Richard

My problem is that no one has ACTUAL evidence of the "manufacturing" claim. That's why I still don't understand this thread. Unless I see some actual evidence, there's nothing to believe! And that's it! Him coloring sketches to increase value is on a totally different realm and has absolutely NOTHING to do with this. It's getting a little absurd considering all of this info you posted here.

As others have said, I have no reason to actually defend Matt here. On the other hand, though, most of the people claiming about this illegal act are just using their "anecdotal" evidence. There's two sides to a story, most likely they are both FALSE. The third side is what we should all be looking for. Stone cold EVIDENCE.

Thank you.

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #124 on: July 23, 2017, 12:37:02 PM »
I don't even understand what we're discussing here. Let's say Matt printed the LW3 stuff himself. How is that any more of a crime than the production of the other LW sets? What does "legit" even mean in this context?

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #125 on: July 23, 2017, 02:35:48 PM »
I don't even understand what we're discussing here. Let's say Matt printed the LW3 stuff himself. How is that any more of a crime than the production of the other LW sets? What does "legit" even mean in this context?

It is not any more of a crime. Honestly, I'm not sure about the legality of all of the lost art. Topps did use some of it in Flashback and Chrome but I'm not completely sure about the other art. I was just making an assumption as absurd as this thread in general.

Let's play a game. Each time I say "illegal" and/or "absurd" in this thread, take a drink.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #126 on: July 23, 2017, 08:20:37 PM »

Richard
Who is it that you think manufactured this set?  It was not Topps, therefore, it is a knock off set created by some third party most likely the same group that created series 1 and 2.  Does it matter if it was matt, the same guys that created series 1 and 2 or some other party?

Offline bandaches

« Reply #127 on: July 23, 2017, 08:25:33 PM »
GREAT POINT!!

Didn't Chip print all the series 1 and 2 stuff?  Odds are, he is printing series 3 per requests from matt.  Probably a series 3 was started and left for dead years ago....then dug up and marketed today under the "secret underground mystery heading.  Now more are being printed with ludlow backs and other such nonsense.  Do you believe someone else is printing these sets? What is your theory here if you were forced to guess?

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #128 on: July 23, 2017, 08:44:48 PM »
GREAT POINT!!

Didn't Chip print all the series 1 and 2 stuff?  Odds are, he is printing series 3 per requests from matt.  Probably a series 3 was started and left for dead years ago....then dug up and marketed today under the "secret underground mystery heading.  Now more are being printed with ludlow backs and other such nonsense.  Do you believe someone else is printing these sets? What is your theory here if you were forced to guess?

The one thing that is clear is that the wacky completist is being targeted here. Don't worry about laws being broken, just don't buy this stuff and your problem is solved.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #129 on: July 23, 2017, 09:13:08 PM »
The one thing that is clear is that the wacky completist is being targeted here. Don't worry about laws being broken, just don't buy this stuff and your problem is solved.
Agreed, I don't understand at all why this stuff is appealing even to a completist as this is not Topps certified product.  If they have money to spend, why not buy actual vintage wacky packages stuff produced by Topps?

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #130 on: July 23, 2017, 10:35:07 PM »
Agreed, I don't understand at all why this stuff is appealing even to a completist as this is not Topps certified product.  If they have money to spend, why not buy actual vintage wacky packages stuff produced by Topps?

If I were to guess, and I'm going to. These appeal because of the art, I believe some if not all were done by topps wacky artists? If they were reasonably priced those that enjoy these kinds of offerings would have a set. I would for the usual under 20 a set. But hundreds, thousands to the completest? Just plain stupid!

Jim

Offline Tom Keen

« Reply #131 on: July 24, 2017, 03:39:29 PM »
This whole thread is confusing to me.  this guy Matt is selling these to make money.  Why is there confusion on his motive?  He is not going to lower prices to make less money when they are buyers at high prices no different than you won't just randomly mail him $100 in the mail. Why sell 100 sets at $30 each when he can sell 10 sets at $300 each?  No reason to create work for himself.  He is creating "variations" to sell to the same people who like mustard colored borders...to put money in his bank account.  He is not a charity.  Oh yeah, he is hyping these by creating a farce mystique around them and yeah, he is probably having more printed as he goes, what difference does it make if someone printed them 3 years ago or yesterday?  Coloring sketches, printing ad hoc variations, creating a mystique around this stuff....it is all the same, make money.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #132 on: July 25, 2017, 02:43:06 PM »
If there is zero interest then that's that.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 03:39:40 PM by bigtomi »

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #133 on: July 25, 2017, 03:10:44 PM »
IMHO, I wanna feed him less money for that cause.

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #134 on: July 25, 2017, 03:11:31 PM »
IMHO, I wanna feed him less money for that cause.

aye aye

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #135 on: July 25, 2017, 04:08:40 PM »
aye aye

I mean I will buy 16ths from him at the Allentown show but nothing off of ebay, especially LW3.

I trust stuff more when I see it with my own eyes.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #136 on: July 25, 2017, 06:46:13 PM »
So far the workload with compiling the list of interested LW3 buyers is manageable.  Please keep those replies coming.
;D

Offline chipereno

« Reply #137 on: July 25, 2017, 08:09:50 PM »
I printed the Lost 1,2 plus the Olds 2,3 & 4
I was surprised to see a Lost 3 produced.
Even more surprised to see Matt take his over "Stock" (ha) of the lost 2
and create Luds and all sorts of variants. He paid for it so I guess he can
do whatever he wants with it.
Pretty lame to come up with the mysterious story behind the Lost 3
and have folks paid outrageous prices thinking its some kind of rare collectable.
Wasn't me though, I was out years ago.
I would LOVE to print the Olds 6. Keep it as true to the originals as possible.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #138 on: July 25, 2017, 08:33:36 PM »
I'm not interested in the "Lost" Series 3 items that have recently been offered.  Are they even kiss-cut stickers?  Heck, are they even stickers???  For me, a huge part of the appeal of the other "Lost" sets were that they were kiss-cut stickers, just like my beloved OS Wackys.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #139 on: November 18, 2017, 02:48:42 AM »
What's with the "Lost Wacky" binders now on ebay?  They do not look like what I bought years ago, and they have ugly plain colored spines that look like they were made to match the recent Topps binders.  It also appears that Ovary Show has been removed from the back, which I actually approve of, but it really does seem like these have been recently produced.  I have two professionally produced binders, one about 1 inch thick and one about 2.5 inches thick, and I believe they have completely different spines, and a starburst on the front.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2005-Topps-LOST-WACKY-PACKAGES-1st-SERIES-OFFICIAL-BINDER-VERSION-2/322880974100?hash=item4b2d34ad14:g:Kf8AAOSwkr5ZjI0-