Author Topic: "Lost" Series 3  (Read 47375 times)

Re: "Lost" Series 3
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2017, 10:44:23 AM »
Series 1+2 were legit lost wacky packages series, done in a professional way by members of the hobby for the good of the hobby.  Both series were a limited run and sold (off ebay) to collectors for a fixed price on a first come first serve basis.
The series 3 set is the “deepest underground” because no one in the hobby other than make_mine_marvel_1973 is involved in it. Series 2 black and red ludlow sets as well as series 3 are frauds. The only person selling these sets is make_mine_marvel_1973. He will keep finding more limited and rare wackys that come from a "secret source" until this cash cow dries up. These are no more legit than if I suddenly decided to print up some sets in my basement.
From one of make_mine_marvel_1973 eBay listings:
"This is a proof set that is not die cut and is on special paper. Some of the titles have production notes on the back of them. This is the variant edition that has subtle differences in each title (see the series info below)."
In other words, he printed them at home made notes on the back of the cards. There have been various people over the years that have been bad for the hobby but make_mine_marvel_1973 is the king. He will do whatever he can to make money and rip people off. If you bought one of his sets you should demand your money back from him or report him to eBay.
Look at this epic paragraph of complete bs. This is also from one of make_mine_marvel_1973 listings on eBay.
"• The 3rd series is by far the most mysterious and deepest underground of all three series. We here at wackypackages.org were not even aware of its existence until several years later.
◦ Rumor has it that the series was finished, complete with wrappers, checklists and even promo cards and was just about to be distributed, when Topps caught wind of it and put the kibosh on the entire thing. They were supposed to be destroyed, and possibly many were, but some amount survived and in 2017, after a six year cooling off period, the remaining quantity of material surfaced and slowly started finding its way into collectors' hands.

• It is unknown how many sets were produced but it seems far fewer remain in existence than there are of LW1 or LW2.

• Similar to LW2, 25 sets of Red Ludlows and 25 sets of Black Ludlows were produced."

He doesn’t know how many sets survived after Topps demanded that they be destroyed
But he knows that there are 25 red and 25 black ludlow sets that survived, okay!!
Just to be completely clear: Lost wackys series 2, there were never any ludlow sets produced in the original run. This Ludlow back variation is new stock from a new run. These were printed up by make_mine_marvel_1973 to gouge collectors one more time.
One more thing to consider: Greg Grant owns the original art to Ovary Show and this card was part of the Lost Wackys series one set. Only 250 original cards were made of this title. There were no ludlows or variations ever made of this title. This is not a 2011 “find” or rare variation.
Waste your money if you want to, but know that all the mystery around this set and the ludlow LW2 sets is manufactured by make_mine_marvel_1973 just like the cards are.

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2017, 12:52:14 PM »
The fake outrage was actually directed towards me for my calling him out.  I got more abuse than JFK's brother did.  It motivated me to expose the fraud of the no profit selling and that people were given inflated no profit prices.

That's how I remember it, too, I'll back you up 100% on this one!

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2017, 01:40:09 PM »
That's how I remember it, too, I'll back you up 100% on this one!
Thank you!
I should go dig up all the posts, as much as Greg thinks I've been blocked from his forums, I've always been 10 steps ahead of him and stuff like that.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline bandaches

« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2017, 01:42:06 PM »
Series 1+2 were legit lost wacky packages series, done in a professional way by members of the hobby for the good of the hobby.  Both series were a limited run and sold (off ebay) to collectors for a fixed price on a first come first serve basis.
The series 3 set is the “deepest underground” because no one in the hobby other than make_mine_marvel_1973 is involved in it. Series 2 black and red ludlow sets as well as series 3 are frauds. The only person selling these sets is make_mine_marvel_1973. He will keep finding more limited and rare wackys that come from a "secret source" until this cash cow dries up. These are no more legit than if I suddenly decided to print up some sets in my basement.
From one of make_mine_marvel_1973 eBay listings:
"This is a proof set that is not die cut and is on special paper. Some of the titles have production notes on the back of them. This is the variant edition that has subtle differences in each title (see the series info below)."
In other words, he printed them at home made notes on the back of the cards. There have been various people over the years that have been bad for the hobby but make_mine_marvel_1973 is the king. He will do whatever he can to make money and rip people off. If you bought one of his sets you should demand your money back from him or report him to eBay.
Look at this epic paragraph of complete bs. This is also from one of make_mine_marvel_1973 listings on eBay.
"• The 3rd series is by far the most mysterious and deepest underground of all three series. We here at wackypackages.org were not even aware of its existence until several years later.
◦ Rumor has it that the series was finished, complete with wrappers, checklists and even promo cards and was just about to be distributed, when Topps caught wind of it and put the kibosh on the entire thing. They were supposed to be destroyed, and possibly many were, but some amount survived and in 2017, after a six year cooling off period, the remaining quantity of material surfaced and slowly started finding its way into collectors' hands.

• It is unknown how many sets were produced but it seems far fewer remain in existence than there are of LW1 or LW2.

• Similar to LW2, 25 sets of Red Ludlows and 25 sets of Black Ludlows were produced."

He doesn’t know how many sets survived after Topps demanded that they be destroyed
But he knows that there are 25 red and 25 black ludlow sets that survived, okay!!
Just to be completely clear: Lost wackys series 2, there were never any ludlow sets produced in the original run. This Ludlow back variation is new stock from a new run. These were printed up by make_mine_marvel_1973 to gouge collectors one more time.
One more thing to consider: Greg Grant owns the original art to Ovary Show and this card was part of the Lost Wackys series one set. Only 250 original cards were made of this title. There were no ludlows or variations ever made of this title. This is not a 2011 “find” or rare variation.
Waste your money if you want to, but know that all the mystery around this set and the ludlow LW2 sets is manufactured by make_mine_marvel_1973 just like the cards are.
It says "we at wackypqckages.org"..
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2017, 04:48:08 PM »
The real kicker is this:  Despite everything - no matter what anybody says, no matter how much truth comes out - people are still going to vie over these things. 

« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2017, 05:12:20 PM »
It says "we at wackypqckages.org"..

So he dragged Greg's name into it to try and give the eBay post credibility, are you surprised? This is typical Stock lies.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 08:45:50 AM by SERIES3LOSTWACKYSAREFAKE »

Offline bandaches

« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2017, 06:33:21 PM »
So he dragged Greg into it to try and give the eBay post credibility, are you surprised? This is typical Stock lies.
Therefore Greg is in on this.... so who are you want to shoot me a p.m.?  I have a pretty good guess

« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2017, 08:46:24 AM »
Therefore Greg is in on this.... so who are you want to shoot me a p.m.?  I have a pretty good guess

Edited for clarification.

« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2017, 07:04:27 PM »
Lot's of Very Limited Production LW3 Items just listed. I will pass.

Good call. The sets are not even stickers. They are printed on "special paper" WTF? The puzzle proof sheet listed isn't even card stock.

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2017, 07:48:26 AM »
Good call. The sets are not even stickers. They are printed on "special paper" WTF? The puzzle proof sheet listed isn't even card stock.

I have never touched any of that shit - my "spidy senses" were always tickling  :-\ :-\ :-\ that these were made up...never knew the back story...thx for clearing that up...btw i know for sure "they" are working together...hint hint...anyone @ the show can vouch for that...

looks like they never stop producing that "ovary" thing either....cra$$zy

Offline Kook

« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2017, 09:44:06 AM »
So seems like Lost Series 3 & promo cards are newly manufactured as well as the Lost 2nd series ludlows.

I'm curious about the following that have also recently showed up:
Juju Bats LW1 puzzle
Pigs LW2 alt puzzle
GPK LW2 alt puzzle
GPK Fonzie 3rd variation

I have not seen these until recently as well. Are these newly manufactured as well, or are they from the original LW1 & LW2 timeframe?

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #46 on: June 05, 2017, 10:43:02 AM »
So seems like Lost Series 3 & promo cards are newly manufactured as well as the Lost 2nd series ludlows.

I'm curious about the following that have also recently showed up:
Juju Bats LW1 puzzle
Pigs LW2 alt puzzle
GPK LW2 alt puzzle
GPK Fonzie 3rd variation

I have not seen these until recently as well. Are these newly manufactured as well, or are they from the original LW1 & LW2 timeframe?

I'm pretty sure the only items relating to LW1 that are from the time of the original release and the replacement release are:

The stickers on the checklist and replacements
Janitor and Mixwell puzzles
2 colors of lost gum
6 bonus stickers not on the checklist

That's all I had and I'm pretty sure I cared at the time.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2017, 07:36:41 PM »
I'm pretty sure the only items relating to LW1 that are from the time of the original release and the replacement release are:

The stickers on the checklist and replacements
Janitor and Mixwell puzzles
2 colors of lost gum
6 bonus stickers not on the checklist

That's all I had and I'm pretty sure I cared at the time.
It's fascinating to me that anybody cared to get this set originally and that anybody was surprised that it turned into such a fiasco.

There's a lower interest and snubbing going on of non Topps Wacky Pack material from the 1970s such as the puffy magnets(consideted knock offs) yet buying lost wacky sets 40 years later that are not Topps copyrighted drew some interest, go figure..

Paul arg approached me to be involved way before the master baiters took it over and i told him i would provide images but wanted no part of creating and issuing tbe set.  I mailed some of my collectibles to him on good faith so he can get good quality pictures.  One of the best decisions I ever made was to avoid being involved in this distribution.  Everyday I giggle at the fact that Duane mess with these things and nobody noticed.

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2017, 08:45:02 PM »
The whole thing is clearly one giant scam.

Offline Brian Mc

« Reply #49 on: June 06, 2017, 05:27:47 PM »
Another set just sold for $858.
Brian Mc

Offline Lavirus

« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2017, 08:20:40 AM »
The whole thing is clearly one giant scam.

Without a doubt. There was no "2011 release". It almost seems like the purveyors of this set are out for blood money from forum members, having been spurned in the past. More's the pity.

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2017, 02:26:52 PM »
I sense that the perpetrators are laughing all the way to the bank.......

Could someone clarify what the seller is doing wrong other than making money off these? And what the evidence is that this material wasn't printed in 2011? I understand Greg took a picture of Miracle Warp in Allentown to include on his web page, but wasn't the image around for years before that? Just want to understand all the facts.

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #52 on: June 07, 2017, 03:01:28 PM »

Offline Tom Keen

« Reply #53 on: June 08, 2017, 08:20:24 AM »
Could someone clarify what the seller is doing wrong other than making money off these? And what the evidence is that this material wasn't printed in 2011? I understand Greg took a picture of Miracle Warp in Allentown to include on his web page, but wasn't the image around for years before that? Just want to understand all the facts.
You seem to be a vintage wacky pack collector, why do you care about the facts on what year it is printed?  Clearly you would never buy any of this stuff.  Is your real concern to protect Matt who you called out as a long time friend with whom you have had no issues ever?

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #54 on: June 08, 2017, 08:33:35 AM »
You seem to be a vintage wacky pack collector, why do you care about the facts on what year it is printed?  Clearly you would never buy any of this stuff.  Is your real concern to protect Matt who you called out as a long time friend with whom you have had no issues ever?

Not at all. You're right that I don't care about the lost wackys, in fact I just sold my series 1 set. I read this thread, thought about it, and really don't see much difference between the first two Lost Wacky series and this one, the notable exception being that Matt is auctioning this stuff and making lots of dough. I just wanted to clarify whether that is the main problem people have, or whether there is more to it that I'm missing.

Offline Kook

« Reply #55 on: June 08, 2017, 10:28:37 AM »
really don't see much difference between the first two Lost Wacky series and this one,

I agree with this from a printing quality standpoint (as it appears in the auction). I like the print quality of the 1st & 2nd Lost sets. I find the 2nd set much less appealing as a set artistically because there are only 6 Norm titles, and the remaining artwork in the set I find to be forgettable.

Although I tend to be a (recovering) completest, I have had no problem letting the 3rd lost wacky set pass me by. The main reason being that I'm only interested in 2 or 3 of the titles. A couple have already been released in prior sets (Juju bats & Ovary show) The rest of the artwork doesn't appeal to me in the same way the original series do. If the set were selling for $100, my financial threshold might allow the completest to indulge in the set, but with so few interesting titles, I find it to be a yawn, whether it was produced in 2011 or now, which also wouldn't matter to me either way.

the notable exception being that Matt is auctioning this stuff and making lots of dough. I just wanted to clarify whether that is the main problem people have, or whether there is more to it that I'm missing.

I think the problem most seem to be having is the price. Personally, I find these prices to be crazy for the set considering the titles. These are selling at auction, so I don't understand the anger. I do remember Lost Wacky 1st series selling for $500 to $800 on ebay at auction 10 or so years ago. I liked the set so much that I actually considered purchasing & probably would have, had someone not offered me a set at a more reasonable price.

If Matt made or found 5, 10 50 or 100 sets from now or 2011, the auction price should eventually come down. If it doesn't, then the market, not Matt, is determining it. There are many more wacky collectors than are on this forum. I'm not clear why Matt would owe it to forum members to forgo the profit on the sets to sell them at an artificially low price to a select few forum members in private? There are outside collectors shaking there fists with hundred dollar bills who are demanding otherwise. If what you are hearing in this thread is true, there would be no 2011 set out there at all to drool over at any price without Matt either creating them &/or bringing them to market.

I don't think the artwork would be so hard to find that a "forum consortium" couldn't put together a set for themselves if that were really the issue. Doing that would involve a lot of work, time and money. I could also see those potentially involved selling sets for a higher price to make a profit or try to recoup the time &/or money invested. Not a crime.

I want a great deal as much as the next guy, but I don't see how Matt would owe anyone, forum member or not, a cheap price on a set just because he has them to sell.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 10:34:22 AM by Kook »

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #56 on: June 08, 2017, 10:37:15 AM »
I agree with this from a printing quality standpoint (as it appears in the auction). I like the print quality of the 1st & 2nd Lost sets. I find the 2nd set much less appealing as a set artistically because there are only 6 Norm titles, and the remaining artwork in the set I find to be forgettable.

Although I tend to be a (recovering) completest, I have had no problem letting the 3rd lost wacky set pass me by. The main reason being that I'm only interested in 2 or 3 of the titles. A couple have already been released in prior sets (Juju bats & Ovary show) The rest of the artwork doesn't appeal to me in the same way the original series do. If the set were selling for $100, my financial threshold might allow the completest to indulge in the set, but with so few interesting titles, I find it to be a yawn, whether it was produced in 2011 or now, which also wouldn't matter to me either way.

I think the problem most seem to be having is the price. Personally, I find these prices to be crazy for the set considering the titles. These are selling at auction, so I don't understand the anger. I do remember Lost Wacky 1st series selling for $500 to $800 on ebay at auction 10 or so years ago. I liked the set so much that I actually considered purchasing & probably would have, had someone not offered me a set at a more reasonable price.

If Matt made or found 5, 10 50 or 100 sets from now or 2011, the auction price should eventually come down. If it doesn't, then the market, not Matt, is determining it. There are many more wacky collectors than are on this forum. I'm not clear why Matt would owe it to forum members to forgo the profit on the sets to sell them at an artificially low price to a select few forum members in private? There are outside collectors shaking there fists with hundred dollar bills who are demanding otherwise. If what you are hearing in this thread is true, there would be no 2011 set out there at all to drool over at any price without Matt either creating them &/or bringing them to market.

I don't think the artwork would be so hard to find that a "forum consortium" couldn't put together a set for themselves if that were really the issue. Doing that would involve a lot of work, time and money. I could also see those potentially involved selling sets for a higher price to make a profit or try to recoup the time &/or money invested. Not a crime.

I want a great deal as much as the next guy, but I don't see how Matt would owe anyone, forum member or not, a cheap price on a set just because he has them to sell.

Pretty much my thoughts exactly. I'm just not seeing what here constitutes a "scam."

Offline Kook

« Reply #57 on: June 08, 2017, 10:55:15 AM »
I'm just not seeing what here constitutes a "scam."

I don't see how the 2011 backstory, true or not, really affects the desirability or price of the set. When I saw the 1st series lost set about 10 years ago on ebay, I had no info on it. I liked the quality of the set and the art. I wanted it. I paid up & was & still am happy with my purchase.

As the years went on, I learned more about the production history as I made more connections in the hobby. Interesting, but it didn't affect the value or how much I liked the set one bit. It's not like these were some bootleg sets from a 1920s printing press in Norm Saunders basement that he made himself for extra cash in the 70s.

I just think if people cry "scam", it's just sour grapes over not being able to get a cheap price.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 10:57:53 AM by Kook »

Offline Tom Keen

« Reply #58 on: June 08, 2017, 01:46:44 PM »
I don't see how the 2011 backstory, true or not, really affects the desirability or price of the set. When I saw the 1st series lost set about 10 years ago on ebay, I had no info on it. I liked the quality of the set and the art. I wanted it. I paid up & was & still am happy with my purchase.

As the years went on, I learned more about the production history as I made more connections in the hobby. Interesting, but it didn't affect the value or how much I liked the set one bit. It's not like these were some bootleg sets from a 1920s printing press in Norm Saunders basement that he made himself for extra cash in the 70s.

I just think if people cry "scam", it's just sour grapes over not being able to get a cheap price.
Where are you two reading all this outcry about the prices?  The original complaints are about Matt's seeming insincerity on the mysteriousness, under ground, unknown quantity aspect of this.  Given his insincerity in honoring completed ebay auctions and documented history(to some not all), the skepticism here is well founded.  The fact he is laughing all the way to the bank is only compounding the angst, you two are focused on the latter far too much here.

Offline drono

« Reply #59 on: June 08, 2017, 02:46:20 PM »
I have no problem with Matt's selling them.  I'm just not interested in a set that wasn't released to the masses.  He may call it rare, but it looks like whoever made it could have printed as many as they wanted. 

A national release followed by a cease and desist letter, pulling it from production, having most kids stick it to something, twenty years later less than 50 still exist -- that makes it rare.  Someone printing just a few, then trying to pass it off as rare -- no way.

Offline Tom Keen

« Reply #60 on: June 08, 2017, 03:31:38 PM »
My concern with the sale of the LW3 materials lies in the sequence of sale. The promo cards , uncut puzzle sheets,  "proof" sets of cards and other atypical items are being sold one at a time BEFORE any actual regular sets of cards are sold. I sense this is to gain maximum revenue from these first sales; prior to slowly starting to sell regular sets. It has been stated in the auctions that he is "working on obtaining some fulls set in packs". Usually with any release we see the regular release which is good enough for many; then the alternate type items trickle out later. This just seems highly calculated for maximum revenue attainment. No one is forcing people to pay $600 for a "proof" set. But would that set sell for that much if 100 regular sets had been sold for much lower prices first? I think not.
There is no essence of full disclosure here.  At the end of the day, Matt is not at fault for having lobotomized buyers lined up.  For all we know, none of these sales are real and it is a big smoke screen to create a perceived market and price for something he has coming.

Offline Bigmuc13

« Reply #61 on: June 08, 2017, 05:42:03 PM »
There is no essence of full disclosure here.  At the end of the day, Matt is not at fault for having lobotomized buyers lined up.  For all we know, none of these sales are real and it is a big smoke screen to create a perceived market and price for something he has coming.

maybe, but bottom line is I just don't get the demand for this stuff.  I bought the series 1 "Lost" stuff and a few posters, but after that I really didn't care about any of the Lost stuff and moved on.  For me its about the original series stuff, but I know everyone has different collecting agendas.  To me, there is just so much original stuff still to collect, I can't see spending money here.  Besides the base stickers you have the black luds, the reds luds, series 3 and 13 white backs, die cuts, Ads, unopened packs, wrappers, boxes, sticker variations, posters, uncut sheets, original art (yeah right), etc.  I will buying original stuff until I die!
Still looking for Series 17

Offline Brian Mc

« Reply #62 on: June 08, 2017, 05:58:13 PM »
  I'm still kinda new here, and I certainly wasn't around for LW 1 & 2, but I still find all of this interesting.

I've been posting the final auction prices here because I can't believe people paid that much ($858?!?!?) for some stickers. Otherwise, I don't give two rips. You spend your money however you wish, and I will do the same.

I did post earlier about the 'mysteriousness' of this set. I met Greg and Matt for the first time ever at the April 2017 Philly Show. They told me about this mysterious lost Wacky set that they "knew nothing about". Again, I wasn't around for the other LW sets, but their obliviousness didn't ring true to me. I don't think the new set is 'mysterious' at all. I think it's just a new set that Greg/Matt had printed. But, again, I don't really know nor do I really care.

This new set doesn't bother me in the least. If it (or the sales pitch) really offend you, vote with your wallet by not buying it. It's that simple.
Brian Mc

« Reply #63 on: June 09, 2017, 05:18:03 AM »
Not at all. You're right that I don't care about the lost wackys, in fact I just sold my series 1 set. I read this thread, thought about it, and really don't see much difference between the first two Lost Wacky series and this one, the notable exception being that Matt is auctioning this stuff and making lots of dough. I just wanted to clarify whether that is the main problem people have, or whether there is more to it that I'm missing.

The reason why lost wacky series 3 is different than the prior two series is:

1)   Series 1+2 were both put together using wacky packages collectors from the old forum.
2)   The LW1 and LW2 series were printed in fixed quantities.
3)   They were underground and not to be sold on eBay.
4)   Topps knew all about LW1 and LW2 and was okay with them being produces as long as they were kept off line and among collectors only. They were concerned that new wacky packages collectors would think that the lost series were a genuine Topps product.
5)   The lost 3 series is being hyped as some mystery series when it is clearly being printed and sold by the same person(s).
6)   The lies and deception. Why not just come clean and say we are producing a third series for anyone interested please contact......
7)   The producers of series 3 have also decided that series 2 should have some Ludlow sets made when there were no Ludlow sets made during the original production of series 2.
8 )   Series 3 is nothing more than extortion by deception. They are being marketed as a rare underground product that is clad in mystery……bullshit!!

Topps never knew anything about LWS3. The eBay postings states that Topps caught wind of the series and put a stop to it. That’s not true at all. Topps had no knowledge of LWS3. This is nothing more than false advertising designed to create hype. If the creator(s) on LWS3 were interested in the hobby they would not be trying so hard to manipulate people into believing that these are rare. Why not just post the truth.
Something like:
Welcome to LWS3. This is an exciting series that I created in my basement for the sole purpose of making money. I have not found anyone to make the die cut sticker yet so for now please enjoy the glossy paper (that’s right, not stickers, paper!). You may notice some of the art is recycled, don’t worry about that. We are reusing it because we ran out of usable lost titles.
While working on series 3, I thought heck, why not make some lulow backs out of the left over sheets from LWS2. I can then print limited sets and make even more money!!
The truth sounds awful and there is no way any would sell. At least not at the prices they are currently being sold for. This is a complete scam. If you want to buy them or defend them that is your right. But lying to generate interest and sales is by definition, a scam. If your relationship with Matt is clouding that conclusion for you so be it, but it doesn't make it any less true.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 07:25:08 AM by SERIES3LOSTWACKYSAREFAKE »

Offline drono

« Reply #64 on: June 09, 2017, 09:52:51 AM »
I agree with all your points.  Unfortunately they're not the only ones being deceptive on eBay.  What about all those 5x7 photos of display boxes?  Judge Judy handled a case of a woman who sold a photo of an iPhone for $500.  She claimed that the add on eBay distinctly said it was a photo.  Judge Judy called her a scam artist and awarded a refund to the plaintiff. 

Caveat emptor.

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #65 on: June 09, 2017, 11:46:14 AM »
The reason why lost wacky series 3 is different than the prior two series is:

1)   Series 1+2 were both put together using wacky packages collectors from the old forum.
2)   The LW1 and LW2 series were printed in fixed quantities.
3)   They were underground and not to be sold on eBay.
4)   Topps knew all about LW1 and LW2 and was okay with them being produces as long as they were kept off line and among collectors only. They were concerned that new wacky packages collectors would think that the lost series were a genuine Topps product.
5)   The lost 3 series is being hyped as some mystery series when it is clearly being printed and sold by the same person(s).
6)   The lies and deception. Why not just come clean and say we are producing a third series for anyone interested please contact......
7)   The producers of series 3 have also decided that series 2 should have some Ludlow sets made when there were no Ludlow sets made during the original production of series 2.
8 )   Series 3 is nothing more than extortion by deception. They are being marketed as a rare underground product that is clad in mystery……bullshit!!

Topps never knew anything about LWS3. The eBay postings states that Topps caught wind of the series and put a stop to it. That’s not true at all. Topps had no knowledge of LWS3. This is nothing more than false advertising designed to create hype. If the creator(s) on LWS3 were interested in the hobby they would not be trying so hard to manipulate people into believing that these are rare. Why not just post the truth.
Something like:
Welcome to LWS3. This is an exciting series that I created in my basement for the sole purpose of making money. I have not found anyone to make the die cut sticker yet so for now please enjoy the glossy paper (that’s right, not stickers, paper!). You may notice some of the art is recycled, don’t worry about that. We are reusing it because we ran out of usable lost titles.
While working on series 3, I thought heck, why not make some lulow backs out of the left over sheets from LWS2. I can then print limited sets and make even more money!!
The truth sounds awful and there is no way any would sell. At least not at the prices they are currently being sold for. This is a complete scam. If you want to buy them or defend them that is your right. But lying to generate interest and sales is by definition, a scam. If your relationship with Matt is clouding that conclusion for you so be it, but it doesn't make it any less true.

Exactly! Scam. Lying about the production, the numbers, etc is scamming. And I'm not saying it as sour grapes because I have no interest in buying one anyway high or low price. I could print my own if I wanted to.

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #66 on: June 09, 2017, 01:11:57 PM »
This is not a defense of Matt, I genuinely know nothing about the circumstances and that's why I'm asking. What's the evidence that he is actually printing/manufacturing these himself? I agree the hyping is a little silly, but outright lying would be markedly different. So I ask: is it factually disproven that these could have been worked up in 2011, abandoned, and that Matt actually obtained them in a deal (as he has so many other interesting items lately)...I.e., that most of what he's claiming about the series is true? What leads everyone to be so sure he's printing them himself?

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #67 on: June 09, 2017, 11:09:47 PM »
This is not a defense of Matt, I genuinely know nothing about the circumstances and that's why I'm asking. What's the evidence that he is actually printing/manufacturing these himself? I agree the hyping is a little silly, but outright lying would be markedly different. So I ask: is it factually disproven that these could have been worked up in 2011, abandoned, and that Matt actually obtained them in a deal (as he has so many other interesting items lately)...I.e., that most of what he's claiming about the series is true? What leads everyone to be so sure he's printing them himself?

These LWS3, if printed in "2011" would be on card stock. I had in my hand in 2011-2012? a half set of these, they were on card stock. I would imagine from the first printing. These, if printed on paper can be printed by anyone who has the images....Hrmmmmmm who has the images???!!

Jim

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #68 on: June 09, 2017, 11:18:36 PM »
2nd repost.....worth reposting!   

General Wacky Packages Discussion / Re: OS3 Color Sketches - New artist
« on: June 13, 2012, 02:36:14 PM »

Quote from: quas on June 13, 2012, 09:39:54 AM

And in 10 years when someone write the book "A History of Wacky Packages - From 1967 to 2022", there is now plenty of material for an entire chapter on all the wrongs that have been committeed through the years, from what just happened recently, to resealing opened packs and representing them as unopened, to creating fake 1st series red ludlows, to Leslie getting sold a fraudulent Lynch sketch by some guy in the UK, etc.  What other Wacky wrongs through the years am I missing here?

LucidJC

"Matt could have his own chapter on how to dupe the public for years and get away with it. Lets just face it, he is a crook, and crooks will always find a way to deceive! Weather it be selling misrepresented cards, to selling OS boxes with unopened packs that were resealed, to doctoring original sketches and now his own cards. Plain and simple....He's a thief!!! And he will never change."  from 2012

I stood by this 5 years ago, and I still stand by this!  Anyone remember when he was doctoring the sketches???  if not look it up
HE HAS NOT CHANGED!

He must be the 5 year wacky locust plague.

Beware,  Jim

Offline bandaches

« Reply #69 on: June 14, 2017, 08:15:38 PM »
2nd repost.....worth reposting!   

General Wacky Packages Discussion / Re: OS3 Color Sketches - New artist
« on: June 13, 2012, 02:36:14 PM »

Quote from: quas on June 13, 2012, 09:39:54 AM

And in 10 years when someone write the book "A History of Wacky Packages - From 1967 to 2022", there is now plenty of material for an entire chapter on all the wrongs that have been committeed through the years, from what just happened recently, to resealing opened packs and representing them as unopened, to creating fake 1st series red ludlows, to Leslie getting sold a fraudulent Lynch sketch by some guy in the UK, etc.  What other Wacky wrongs through the years am I missing here?

LucidJC

"Matt could have his own chapter on how to dupe the public for years and get away with it. Lets just face it, he is a crook, and crooks will always find a way to deceive! Weather it be selling misrepresented cards, to selling OS boxes with unopened packs that were resealed, to doctoring original sketches and now his own cards. Plain and simple....He's a thief!!! And he will never change."  from 2012

I stood by this 5 years ago, and I still stand by this!  Anyone remember when he was doctoring the sketches???  if not look it up
HE HAS NOT CHANGED!

He must be the 5 year wacky locust plague.

Beware,  Jim
I toadally missed the whole matt doctoring sketches thing.  What exactly happened? What was the "recent event" that quas was referring to?  I guess I will look it up!