Author Topic: "Lost" Series 3  (Read 8040 times)

Online lucidjc

Re: "Lost" Series 3
« Reply #140 on: July 25, 2017, 03:11:31 PM »
IMHO, I wanna feed him less money for that cause.

aye aye

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #141 on: July 25, 2017, 04:08:40 PM »
aye aye

I mean I will buy 16ths from him at the Allentown show but nothing off of ebay, especially LW3.

I trust stuff more when I see it with my own eyes.
Mark

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #142 on: July 25, 2017, 05:49:27 PM »
So far the workload with compiling the list of interested LW3 buyers is manageable.  Please keep those replies coming.

Offline bandaches

• I had wacky sketch addiction!
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #143 on: July 25, 2017, 06:46:13 PM »
So far the workload with compiling the list of interested LW3 buyers is manageable.  Please keep those replies coming.
;D
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!

Offline chipereno

« Reply #144 on: July 25, 2017, 08:09:50 PM »
I printed the Lost 1,2 plus the Olds 2,3 & 4
I was surprised to see a Lost 3 produced.
Even more surprised to see Matt take his over "Stock" (ha) of the lost 2
and create Luds and all sorts of variants. He paid for it so I guess he can
do whatever he wants with it.
Pretty lame to come up with the mysterious story behind the Lost 3
and have folks paid outrageous prices thinking its some kind of rare collectable.
Wasn't me though, I was out years ago.
I would LOVE to print the Olds 6. Keep it as true to the originals as possible.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #145 on: July 25, 2017, 08:33:36 PM »
I'm not interested in the "Lost" Series 3 items that have recently been offered.  Are they even kiss-cut stickers?  Heck, are they even stickers???  For me, a huge part of the appeal of the other "Lost" sets were that they were kiss-cut stickers, just like my beloved OS Wackys.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #146 on: November 18, 2017, 02:48:42 AM »
What's with the "Lost Wacky" binders now on ebay?  They do not look like what I bought years ago, and they have ugly plain colored spines that look like they were made to match the recent Topps binders.  It also appears that Ovary Show has been removed from the back, which I actually approve of, but it really does seem like these have been recently produced.  I have two professionally produced binders, one about 1 inch thick and one about 2.5 inches thick, and I believe they have completely different spines, and a starburst on the front.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2005-Topps-LOST-WACKY-PACKAGES-1st-SERIES-OFFICIAL-BINDER-VERSION-2/322880974100?hash=item4b2d34ad14:g:Kf8AAOSwkr5ZjI0-

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #147 on: November 18, 2017, 04:35:27 AM »
I am interested in REAL items; official items, if you will.

IF Matt is making these then they are no different then anyone of us making their own "Wackyies" and passing them off as a Topps product..... sad if true!

Offline drono

« Reply #148 on: November 18, 2017, 04:49:50 AM »
They are listed as "The Official Binder."  I wonder what makes them official.

Is it a deal with Topps or do they feel that they are the owner of the product?  In either case, money or exclusive permission would've had to be exchanged at some point.

What I can't understand is how they are getting such high prices for everything.  It appears they can print as many as they like, so can you even "truthfully" call them rare when you can just print more?  I guess there are a lot of people out there with more dollars than sense.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 04:55:55 AM by drono »

« Reply #149 on: November 18, 2017, 05:06:30 AM »

Is it a deal with Topps or do they feel that they are the owner of the product?  In either case, money or exclusive permission would've had to be exchanged at some point.

What I can't understand is how they are getting such high prices for everything.  It appears they can print as many as they like, so can you even "truthfully" call them rare when you can just print more?  I guess there are a lot of people out there with more dollars than sense.
they are only 'official' in the sense that they aren't the 'prototype' (or copycat forgeries?). Greg's updated webpages on all the Lost Wacky stuff makes for some entertaining reading.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 05:12:45 AM by Fanatical_and_Sickly »

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #150 on: November 18, 2017, 05:09:52 AM »

It seems to me that there are really no "Official" Lost Wackys, other than the ones Topps has included as subsets in ANS or Flashback sets, or authorized in Abrams books and the calendar.  My problem here relates to the characterization of these items as original "Lost Wacky" items.  I paid a considerable amount of money for my original sealed Lost packs, binders, etc., and by just running off more prints of what were supposed to be limited items, or creating new items and implying that they are the same as were produced with the original Lost Wackys, the seller(s) are significantly diminishing the value of what I have previously purchased.

How would anyone here who paid a premium price for a vintage NM Band-Ache or Choke Wagon feel if Topps just decided to print some more stickers with the original copyright and offered them for $15??

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #151 on: November 18, 2017, 01:11:52 PM »
they are only 'official' in the sense that they aren't the 'prototype' (or copycat forgeries?). Greg's updated webpages on all the Lost Wacky stuff makes for some entertaining reading.

I just checked my "original" binders - they are not paper inserts in dime store binders, but are professionally produced binders, similar to the Non-Sport Update binders.  The checklists on the back are much lower, and the spines incorporate the collage of Wackys, and have the name "Lost Wacky Stickers" over the sticker images.

One picture that is still on Greg's site resembles the front of my binders - the one with the starburst logo.  The rest is indeed entertaining reading.

If anyone here buys one of these "nice find Official" binders, I'd like to know what it is like, i.e. D-ring, hard cover, or puffy like the Old School binders, or fabric like the recent Topps binders.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 01:21:50 PM by RawGoo »

anything