Author Topic: Can bring to Allentown  (Read 5223 times)

Offline Hipton

Can bring to Allentown
« on: April 18, 2017, 02:12:28 PM »
I have been going through some of my Wacky things and thinking about parting with a few items.  I have a 1st OS sheet,  1st OS full set,
full poster box, skateboards, one or two unopened displayers, might consider selling my plack set, lots of odds and ends. If you are looking for something, let me know. I will be moving and I'm in a purge mood now.  It may pass and I do get attached to some of my favorite things, so the time to act may be now!
Thought this might be a good thread for others to list things they are looking for or want to sell at the Philly Show as well.

Offline Beanball

Re: Can bring to Allentown
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 03:55:31 PM »
I have been going through some of my Wacky things and thinking about parting with a few items.  I have a 1st OS sheet,  1st OS full set,
full poster box, skateboards, one or two unopened displayers, might consider selling my plack set, lots of odds and ends. If you are looking for something, let me know. I will be moving and I'm in a purge mood now.  It may pass and I do get attached to some of my favorite things, so the time to act may be now!
Thought this might be a good thread for others to list things they are looking for or want to sell at the Philly Show as well.
Which are the one or two unopened displayers?
Do you mean Os packs or something else?

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2017, 04:50:42 PM »
Which are the one or two unopened displayers?
Do you mean Os packs or something else?

I think she means display boxes.

Offline Beanball

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2017, 04:57:08 PM »
I think she means display boxes.
I've never been good with all of the slang terms. Thanks.

Offline Hipton

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2017, 08:42:59 PM »
They are ANS 2&3 floor displays that would have been used in a store. I have never opened them. I think one is yellow and one is orange.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2017, 05:16:27 PM »
I will drag all my OS extras (stickers and puzzle pieces). I have a lot of misc stuff, but generally can't bring it, too tough to do. If anyone is looking for a 1982 cereal premium set, I have many sets available that I'd do fairly cheap [you can build your own and I'll price 'em on a case-by-case basis]. Can't think of what else...will hunt thru my Wacky stash and see what I'd be willing to bring along. If anyone is looking for anything in particular, like Hipton says, speak now. If I have an extra, I'd be happy to have it ride along with me for a potential new home. 

I wonder if we're going to have any place to trade...that's the REAL issue, I'd say.

Offline Beanball

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2017, 05:43:14 PM »
I will drag all my OS extras (stickers and puzzle pieces). I have a lot of misc stuff, but generally can't bring it, too tough to do. If anyone is looking for a 1982 cereal premium set, I have many sets available that I'd do fairly cheap [you can build your own and I'll price 'em on a case-by-case basis]. Can't think of what else...will hunt thru my Wacky stash and see what I'd be willing to bring along. If anyone is looking for anything in particular, like Hipton says, speak now. If I have an extra, I'd be happy to have it ride along with me for a potential new home. 

I wonder if we're going to have any place to trade...that's the REAL issue, I'd say.
It's good to do trading in the hotel for those that can stay overnight. I don't know if that little lunch room is still there. It's just a little rat hole anyway. Should I bring some Rat Chow? Lol

Offline Hipton

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2017, 06:08:58 PM »
Tom, what's the 1982 cereal premium set? Might have one, but I can't seem to recall it. It's sure been a fun trip down memory lane going through my stuff. Not done with it yet. I do need to get it organized one of these days.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2017, 06:31:28 PM »
Tom, what's the 1982 cereal premium set? Might have one, but I can't seem to recall it. It's sure been a fun trip down memory lane going through my stuff. Not done with it yet. I do need to get it organized one of these days.

I believe Tom is referring to the 8 cereal titles from the 1982 album series that were also inserted as promotional items in actual cereal boxes.  I don't think there is a difference in the art, but the backs are different, and unnumbered.

Offline Soremel

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2017, 06:40:58 PM »
Lately, my main focus has been the 1973 OPC 1st, 2nd & 3rd series, as well as the UK 1st & 2nd series.

If anyone has any of the following, please feel free to bring them to the show!

OPC 1st Series stickers ~ white or tan backs
OPC 1st Series puzzle pieces ~ light-backed ML, BM, BR (unmarked)
OPC 2nd Series stickers ~ all
OPC 3rd Series stickers ~ tan backs (all)
OPC 3rd Series puzzle pieces ~ dark-backed TL, TR, MR, BR (unmarked)

UK 1st Series puzzle piece ~ BL (unmarked)
UK 1st Series stickers ~ any in EX+/NM condition

Also looking for these 16th Series stickers in NM/MT condition. (I have some pack-fresh dupes that I'd be willing to trade)

"Seven Spies"
"Tipsy Roll"
"Cracked Lighter"
"Fool Guard"
"Gillo Port"

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2017, 09:24:48 AM »
Lately, my main focus has been the 1973 OPC 1st, 2nd & 3rd series, as well as the UK 1st & 2nd series.

George, I have an extra fool guard that is in mint shape

Also looking for these 16th Series stickers in NM/MT condition. (I have some pack-fresh dupes that I'd be willing to trade)

"Seven Spies"
"Tipsy Roll"
"Cracked Lighter"
"Fool Guard"
"Gillo Port"

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2017, 09:26:22 AM »
I am bringing some chrome and some 50th Ann medallions.  Also some 50th box toppers

Offline moron_chicken

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2017, 10:25:30 AM »
I won't be at the show but I have a lot of OPC doubles.  Contact me if you are interested. 

"Seven Spies"
"Tipsy Roll"
"Cracked Lighter"
"Fool Guard"
"Gillo Port"

Offline Soremel

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2017, 10:49:54 AM »
I won't be at the show but I have a lot of OPC doubles.  Contact me if you are interested.

Thank you! (PM sent!)

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2017, 12:55:25 PM »
Unless I read wrong, did I see "1st OS sheet"?

Just curious, how much do they go for?

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2017, 04:02:28 PM »
Unless I read wrong, did I see "1st OS sheet"? Just curious, how much do they go for?
[in my best Presidential voice] HUUUUUUGE!    :P

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2017, 04:08:42 PM »
I believe Tom is referring to the 8 cereal titles from the 1982 album series that were also inserted as promotional items in actual cereal boxes.  I don't think there is a difference in the art, but the backs are different, and unnumbered.
Correct. The fronts are identical (including the number), but the backs are different, with no number and "Made In Italy" at the end of the copyright line.