Author Topic: Wacky Paint Night  (Read 5037 times)

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
Wacky Paint Night
« on: April 06, 2017, 06:18:51 PM »
My wife has been getting into these "Paint Night" events lately.  If you have never heard of it, it is basically a painting class where a bunch of people pay a fee and an artist guides them in painting a picture.  She and her friends attended a few of these and now they have been doing them at home on their own.

She kept wanting to get me to do a painting with them.  I finally decided to do one and when I was trying to think of something to paint, the idea struck me to re-create a classic Wacky!

So here is my first Wacky Paint Night creation:

Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline Baked Bears

Re: Wacky Paint Night
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2017, 06:21:16 PM »
Couldn't resist, eh?  A landscape or bowl of fruit just didn't cut it?  Nice work on the "Funshine" lettering!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 06:23:45 PM by Baked Bears »

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2017, 06:27:20 PM »
My wife has been getting into these "Paint Night" events lately.  If you have never heard of it, it is basically a painting class where a bunch of people pay a fee and an artist guides them in painting a picture.  She and her friends attended a few of these and now they have been doing them at home on their own.

She kept wanting to get me to do a painting with them.  I finally decided to do one and when I was trying to think of something to paint, the idea struck me to re-create a classic Wacky!

Wow!  Impressive first painting!  I couldn't do that well after 200 tries.

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2017, 06:49:02 PM »

Very nice.  :great:  :great:   My wife and daughter Have gone to a few "wine and canvas" events. The pictures get a little more interesting after a few glasses of wine. I wonder if I could get them to do some Wackys.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline BustedFinger

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2017, 07:29:19 PM »
Very nice.  :great:  :great:   My wife and daughter Have gone to a few "wine and canvas" events. The pictures get a little more interesting after a few glasses of wine. I wonder if I could get them to do some Wackys.
Do they use the term "Drink and Dry"?

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2017, 02:50:12 PM »
Nice job! I am quite impressed, really.

I have done this once, a few months ago. About ten of us family/friends got together and did a landscape (sky, mountains, trees, etc.). The experience was actually more enjoyable than I expected...and my result was more recognizable than I anticipated it being when I began. Maybe I should try again with an OS Wacky....

« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 04:17:31 PM by bigtomi »

Offline drono

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2017, 04:48:38 PM »
Wow, that's impressive.  Almost as beautiful as the Ukrainian woman in the ad.

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2017, 05:39:31 PM »

Very impressive! She must be channeling the spirit of Norm!

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2017, 05:52:43 PM »
Very impressive! She must be channeling the spirit of Norm!
Neil, my understanding is Loren painted HaHa, not his wife. Am I confused AGAIN?!?!  :sad:

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2017, 05:53:26 PM »
Neil, my understanding is Loren painted HaHa, not his wife. Am I confused AGAIN?!?!  :sad:

That's what I thought, too.

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2017, 05:29:30 AM »

No, you're correct! I read the first paragraph and thought his wife painted it.

Great painting Loren!

Offline Choke_Wagon

• Yeeeeeeeee-ha!
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2017, 08:16:14 AM »
I focused on the hand lettering, perfect strokes and spacing- amazing :great:

Offline BustedFinger

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2017, 04:42:57 PM »
Yes, I did paint it myself!

But I will admit, that I used graphite transfer paper to trace an outline of the "Funshine" lettering and some of the other small lettering before painting them.  But the main "Ha Ha" logo and the crackers themselves I painted freehand.

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2017, 06:05:49 PM »
Yes, I did paint it myself!

But I will admit, that I used graphite transfer paper to trace an outline of the "Funshine" lettering and some of the other small lettering before painting them.  But the main "Ha Ha" logo and the crackers themselves I painted freehand.

Now, now, you shouldn't have spoiled the illusion!  Artists, like magicians, should never reveal their secrets!

Good job, anyway, though!

Offline Beanball

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2017, 08:10:08 PM »

Very nice painting.

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2017, 07:50:51 PM »
Now, now, you shouldn't have spoiled the illusion!  Artists, like magicians, should never reveal their secrets!

BTW, Loren is both an artist and a magician.    He has some smooth playing card slight-of-hand moves . . .

Really nice piece their Loren! I'm very impressed.

anything