Author Topic: Chad Scheres  (Read 112319 times)

Offline Scheres

• toyghoul.com
Re: Chad Scheres
« Reply #70 on: June 26, 2017, 10:01:33 AM »
More Paint practice.

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #71 on: June 27, 2017, 08:22:46 AM »
More Paint practice.

I like this.  Nice vibrant, contrasting colors and de-tailed painting.  Very full composition, as well, in that there is just enough, yet not too much, negative space.  Prints available?

Offline Scheres

• toyghoul.com
« Reply #72 on: June 27, 2017, 08:46:20 AM »
Thanks! Yes prints and cards soon!!

Offline Scheres

• toyghoul.com
« Reply #73 on: June 30, 2017, 09:17:27 AM »
More new stuff.

Online quas

« Reply #74 on: June 30, 2017, 10:20:30 AM »
More new stuff.

Shouldn't the cereal be Lithp? 
Marc

Offline Scheres

• toyghoul.com
« Reply #75 on: June 30, 2017, 10:23:57 AM »
Yes it should. I noticed that after I drew it.

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #76 on: June 30, 2017, 11:36:55 AM »
More new stuff.

Like the two cigs, and don't know exactly why, but I especially like the "Koon."  It's so Old School in many, many ways.  :great:

(I'm sure you can guess my next question.)

And dude, you must be possessed or something!  You've really been cranking these out lately!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 05:44:32 PM by Baked Bears »

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #77 on: June 30, 2017, 05:49:13 PM »
Yo, hold on a second, Chad!  I just remembered that you're from Washington state.  Your "Marijuana" gag probably isn't even a gag at all, but more like the real thing!

Offline Scheres

• toyghoul.com
« Reply #78 on: June 30, 2017, 06:09:17 PM »
Yes, it is legal here. But I don't use it. I prefer Coffee.

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #79 on: June 30, 2017, 06:22:56 PM »
Wasn't suggesting that you did, more like just poking fun in your geographical direction!  (I couldn't honestly see a corner convenience store selling a 20 pack of perfectly rolled joints...  Or do they?)

The coffee, though, might help to explain your "speedy" paintbrush.  ;)

Offline Scheres

• toyghoul.com
« Reply #80 on: June 30, 2017, 08:08:33 PM »
There are specialty shops. I see billboards that offer 5 dollar joints. I hear you can wander in and by brownies gummy bears etc. I ate a brownie a year or so ago and it put me to sleep and gave me a headache.  I think it's just a matter of time before Marlboro and other tobacco companies step in and offer 20 packs.

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #81 on: July 01, 2017, 09:48:13 AM »
Thanks for the cultural insights!  Gummy Bears?  Crazy stuff!

Had a similar experience a year or so back.  Really knocked me for one helluva loop!  It seems that today's recreational substances are a "bit more modified" than those of my smoke-filled stadium days of yesteryear.

On another note, my unasked question a few posts above was this:  Card and print availability?  Particularly "Marijuana" and "Koon."  Like the WP alcohol and cigarette parodies, "Marijuana" is somewhat "taboo." It is different, stands out, and would fit in nicely with other "outlaw" product parodies, such as "Ovary Show" and some of Smokin' Joe's "Wicked Packages."

(Right now, my camera is buried in one of the many boxes I carted home from my classroom.  As soon as I excavate it, I'll send you a photo of a "Viaggravate" card I purchased 3 - 4 years ago (as well as a photo of the glass head and bottles I mentioned before.)  It's different, and I think you'll appreciate it.)

I also really like "Koon" in that it has so many elements that are Old School.  The tails sticking out of the pack, the nauseous raccoon, the fact that, of all crazy creatures, it is a raccoon, the simple and concise taglines, etc..  Without stretching the imagination, it would be easy to envision me plucking this title out of a loaf of Wonder Bread (and battling my brother over it) back in the day.  Plus, I've really grown attached to raccoons, being my girlfriend has a few at her rescue.  (They've been released, yet hang around anyway.)

So, if you happen to work up either of these titles - in between trash picking, flea marketing, and marathon painting - please give me a shout.  Thanks!

Offline Scheres

• toyghoul.com
« Reply #82 on: July 01, 2017, 10:14:56 AM »
Definitely! Koon and Marijboro will be prints and cards as soon as I paint them. I still have Poo Poo Donut and Beaver fever ready to print. I'm currently working on Mars Attacks and Star Wars sketch cards. and another top secret not yet announced project that you should all love!!!

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #83 on: July 01, 2017, 10:21:51 AM »
Sounds intriguing!

Offline Scheres

• toyghoul.com
« Reply #84 on: July 03, 2017, 08:45:45 AM »

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #85 on: July 03, 2017, 02:10:30 PM »
Can't help but to love a baby alien!

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #86 on: July 03, 2017, 03:35:09 PM »
Can't help but to love a baby alien!

Especially on its birthday.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Scheres

• toyghoul.com
« Reply #87 on: July 04, 2017, 01:32:33 PM »
More sketch cards that may someday become paintings.

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #88 on: July 04, 2017, 03:18:08 PM »
Nice!

Like your new avatar, by the way!

Offline Scheres

• toyghoul.com
« Reply #89 on: July 04, 2017, 03:55:18 PM »
Thanks, Glad I got to paint one of my own concepts before the 24 hour cards went away. here's another one.

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #90 on: July 04, 2017, 05:31:51 PM »
Thanks, Glad I got to paint one of my own concepts before the 24 hour cards went away. here's another one.

Like the cow's mustache!  You're not that old, though.  (At least you don't seem to be.)  How are you even aware of the Frito Bandito?  Wasn't this character late 60s, early 70s?

Does this mean that you and the other artists can no longer submit your own work to Topps as you once did?  Who's going to do the bundles?  How are you going to continue doing WP?

Perhaps some day you could do a "Twin Geeks" garmonbozia creamed corn parody with the Giant as the Jolly Green Giant and the little man (in place of Little Green Sprout) dancing in a zigzagged corn field?  Pretty please?  With a cherry on top?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 05:46:08 PM by Baked Bears »

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #91 on: July 04, 2017, 05:45:01 PM »

Offline Scheres

• toyghoul.com
« Reply #92 on: July 04, 2017, 06:03:27 PM »
Like the cow's mustache!  You're not that old, though.  (At least you don't seem to be.)  How are you even aware of the Frito Bandito?  Wasn't this character late 60s, early 70s?

Does this mean that you and the other artists can no longer submit your own work to Topps as you once did?  Who's going to do the bundles?  How are you going to continue doing WP?

Perhaps some day you could do a "Twin Geeks" garmonbozia creamed corn parody with the Giant as the Jolly Green Giant and the little man (in place of Little Green Sprout) dancing in a zigzagged corn field?  Pretty please?  With a cherry on top?
I like that idea! I was born in 69, but study the history of advertising characters. Not sure how the bundles will work. I'm still submitting ideas for future Wacky Packages. Time will tell if they are approved or not.

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #93 on: July 04, 2017, 06:38:14 PM »

Lots more room to play with on the box vs. the can.

Also, notice the phrase "Picked at the peak of perfection."  That's a sign.  Some things are meant to be.

Offline Scheres

• toyghoul.com
« Reply #94 on: July 05, 2017, 06:14:51 PM »

Sold the Bone Ami Skull. The buyer requested that I add a background color. Looks better.

Online Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #95 on: July 05, 2017, 06:32:28 PM »

Sold the Bone Ami Skull. The buyer requested that I add a background color. Looks better.
Really make that skull shine!

Offline Scheres

• toyghoul.com
« Reply #96 on: July 06, 2017, 10:59:13 AM »

Offline Scheres

• toyghoul.com
« Reply #97 on: July 06, 2017, 10:59:58 AM »
Concept by Baked Bears.

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #98 on: July 06, 2017, 11:35:27 AM »
Concept by Baked Bears.

!sknahT  .dahC ,htob me' evoL

(Sold!)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 12:19:54 PM by Baked Bears »

Offline Scheres

• toyghoul.com
« Reply #99 on: July 09, 2017, 09:05:17 PM »

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #100 on: July 10, 2017, 05:19:11 PM »

Ah, poor Ms. Palmer...

You're beginning to obsess, Mr. Scheres!  Careful!  Twin Peaks will do that to you.  What's next on the agenda?  Travel brochure for the Black Lodge (with fine dining and dancing in the famous "Red Room") in the great state of Washington? 

(Incidentally, I don't know if you ever saw the series or not, but "Hannibal" is definitely another head trip.) 

And I don't know, man.  For someone who "claims" they don't like the scrumptious, mouthwatering taste of McDonald's, it seems you're well acquainted with their menu.  Good gag, though.

:great:

Offline Scheres

• toyghoul.com
« Reply #101 on: July 10, 2017, 05:40:16 PM »
I do have a bunch of Twin Peaks ideas . I prefer Carl's Jr, I think that's Hardees on your side of the states. I'm working on another Peaks and McDonalds gag now. Tomorrow I paint!

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #102 on: July 10, 2017, 06:38:52 PM »
I do have a bunch of Twin Peaks ideas . I prefer Carl's Jr, I think that's Hardees on your side of the states. I'm working on another Peaks and McDonalds gag now. Tomorrow I paint!

Nothing wrong with more Twin peaks ideas (so long as no one enters the room and catches you in a trance-like state doing an Audrey Horne dance!  Or worse, yet, the Little Man dance!) 

Don't rightly know the printing expense of the following, however it would be cool to do a small book of a dozen pictures featuring your Twin peaks gags, but made like a postcard book that, when you open it, the picture pages unfold accordion style.  The front cover could be a parody of the opening title shot (see picture below) with maybe a couple of the characters superimposed, as well as the title "Twin Geeks" (Freaks, Reeks, Cheeks, or whatever you prefer.)  Among other places, you might be able to sell them in Snoqualmie, WA, where some of the show was filmed and consequently has become somewhat of a tourist destination.  (A much shorter trip than traveling to Allentown, PA!)

Offline Scheres

• toyghoul.com
« Reply #103 on: July 10, 2017, 07:06:12 PM »
Great idea. I have been there, There is a Twin Peaks festival that I always plan to attend but have yet to go. I have stopped on my way to Seattle though. Here's 2 more for today.

Online Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #104 on: July 10, 2017, 07:49:45 PM »
I do have a bunch of Twin Peaks ideas . I'm working on another Peaks gag now. Tomorrow I paint!
Cool. Looking forward to them! 🚦