Author Topic: Chad Scheres  (Read 110749 times)

Offline Scheres

• toyghoul.com
Re: Chad Scheres
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2017, 02:03:16 PM »

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2017, 02:07:50 PM »

Offline Scheres

• toyghoul.com
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2017, 05:10:27 PM »

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2017, 05:20:09 PM »
Is this - or will this be - available as a print, such as "Manure," etc., like you were selling at Allentown?

Offline Scheres

• toyghoul.com
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2017, 07:35:14 PM »
Is this - or will this be - available as a print, such as "Manure," etc., like you were selling at Allentown?
Eventually. This is a sketch card. I've been doing my ideas as sketch cards lately to see the response. They have all sold so I have all them on the to do pile as paintings to make prints and cards. Once I get caught up on the 2 projects I'm working on now I'll be able to work on these.

Offline Scheres

• toyghoul.com
« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2017, 08:55:06 PM »
The latest.

Offline Scheres

• toyghoul.com
« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2017, 01:10:21 PM »

Offline Scheres

• toyghoul.com
« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2017, 10:04:43 AM »

Offline TheCasioKid

« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2017, 03:40:07 PM »
Loving the bloody Carrie Chad !

Offline Scheres

• toyghoul.com
« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2017, 03:55:54 PM »
Thanks, I'll have a print card combo soon.

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #45 on: June 14, 2017, 06:36:02 PM »

Ditto!  :great: :great: :great:

Offline Scheres

• toyghoul.com
« Reply #46 on: June 14, 2017, 07:25:49 PM »
Thanks!! I'll have 8 1/2 by 11 prints and card combos soon. Only 25 made. 13 bucks shipped. Call dibs if interested. Should have them next week.

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2017, 07:50:52 PM »
Thanks!! I'll have 8 1/2 by 11 prints and card combos soon. Only 25 made. 13 bucks shipped. Call dibs if interested. Should have them next week.

Thanks, Chad.  Count me in, please.

Offline Scheres

• toyghoul.com
« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2017, 10:20:30 AM »
Thanks, Chad.  Count me in, please.
I'll have them Monday. You get number 1 of 25! Thanks.

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2017, 01:11:01 PM »
I'll have them Monday. You get number 1 of 25! Thanks.

And what about "Poo Poo Doughnuts?"  Is that also in the running?

Offline Scheres

• toyghoul.com
« Reply #50 on: June 16, 2017, 04:17:33 PM »
I am going to paint Poo Poo donuts soon. Hopefully next week, gotta finish these Walking dead cards first. Then yes, Cards and prints will be available.

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #51 on: June 16, 2017, 06:00:07 PM »
I am going to paint Poo Poo donuts soon. Hopefully next week, gotta finish these Walking dead cards first. Then yes, Cards and prints will be available.

Sounds good!  Thank you, sir!

Offline Scheres

• toyghoul.com
« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2017, 06:11:41 PM »

They're here! 8 1/2 by 11 print and card 13 bucks shipped. Only 25 sets made!

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #53 on: June 19, 2017, 07:38:55 PM »
Thanks, Chad!  :great:

Offline Scheres

• toyghoul.com
« Reply #54 on: June 21, 2017, 05:35:56 AM »

Offline Scheres

• toyghoul.com
« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2017, 10:47:29 AM »
Bone Ami skull

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #56 on: June 22, 2017, 05:22:14 PM »

The small dollop atop the cane is a nice touch!

(Availability?)

Offline Scheres

• toyghoul.com
« Reply #57 on: June 22, 2017, 05:23:59 PM »
The small dollop atop the cane is a nice touch!

(Availability?)
The original painting is available, I will also do prints and cards if there's any interest.

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #58 on: June 22, 2017, 05:40:35 PM »
The original painting is available, I will also do prints and cards if there's any interest.

Please put me down for a print and card.  Thanks! 

Also, found "Bloody Carrie" waiting for me in my mailbox today.  (Really quick shipping.)  I like the fact that you send a card with your prints. Helps to keep all of my titles nice and orderly.  The prints, though, are what really knock the ball out of the park!  If I had my way, I think I would like every WP rendered as a print (or at least a postcard.)  Don't get me wrong.  I like the cards and have been collecting them for decades.  Everything really jumps out at you with the prints, however, and one can appreciate the art so much more.  Besides, you can also frame them, hang them on the wall, and, get this... see them from across the room!  (Except for maybe a rare case, art shouldn't have to be microscopic or small enough to fit into a shirt pocket.  Putting it another way, imagine if you went into an art museum and everything was the size of a trading card.  And hey, besides, even the WP artists don't paint the titles that small.)

Thanks, again, Chad! 
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 05:42:17 PM by Baked Bears »

Offline Scheres

• toyghoul.com
« Reply #59 on: June 22, 2017, 05:44:57 PM »
Will do. Thanks!!!

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #60 on: June 22, 2017, 06:29:18 PM »
Bone Ami skull

This is great Chad! Very well done!

Offline Scheres

• toyghoul.com
« Reply #61 on: June 22, 2017, 06:40:04 PM »
Thanks!!

Offline Scheres

• toyghoul.com
« Reply #62 on: June 23, 2017, 09:23:54 PM »
Some other sketches.

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #63 on: June 23, 2017, 11:09:43 PM »
Some other sketches.

Could the abundant rumors be true?  Has Topps finally relented and commissioned you to paint the final artwork for this title?  See, somewhere deep down inside you always knew it:  Swollen, fruity, purple testicles was the magic key!  :great:
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 11:11:21 PM by Baked Bears »

Offline Scheres

• toyghoul.com
« Reply #64 on: June 24, 2017, 08:32:51 AM »
Could the abundant rumors be true?  Has Topps finally relented and commissioned you to paint the final artwork for this title?  See, somewhere deep down inside you always knew it:  Swollen, fruity, purple testicles was the magic key!  :great:
HA!! I didnt even bother submitting this one. but maybe I should have?

Offline Scheres

• toyghoul.com
« Reply #65 on: June 24, 2017, 09:39:43 AM »
Painted sketch card

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #66 on: June 24, 2017, 10:16:23 AM »
On another note, when I first saw your skull I was immediately reminded of the Grateful Dead.

From many of the photographs you have posted, it seems as if you enjoy creating one-of-kind WP in 3D.  (And you're building quite a collection, at that.)  It struck me, though, that you also might make a few extra bucks with skulls featuring Grateful Dead artwork.  (See images posted below.)  I could be wrong, however, I'd be willing to wager you could make a pretty penny on eBay selling one or two a week.  They are unique, and I believe there are a lot of Dead aficionados out there who would appreciate these - and would be more than willing to pay for them.

I realize that you would be, well, not mass producing, but more like "mini" producing them - and this can quickly grow tedious and uninspiring.  You know, more like a task, rather than an exercise in creativity.  However, if you used a multitude of designs, this might possibly alleviate some of the boredom that might come from "painting yet anther skull."  By the time you ran through your list of designs, though, and circled back to the first, sufficient time would have passed to renew your creative energies.  And besides, you could always break the cycle with WP.

The first thing that sprang to mind is as follows.  The name of the album is "Steal Your Face."  The design seems simple enough.

Second is the rose from "American Beauty."  Like the skull from "Steal Your Face," paint the rose directly atop the model skull.

A similar red rose (this time sporting an eyeball) was used again on the cover of "Winterland 73."

And then there are always the dancing bears.  Either in a group...

or individually.

This is just a suggestion, of course, and any final decisions are left up to you.  Personally, though, I would try one and see what happens.  If you pulled a "Matt Stock" (or even myself, having done the same) and listed only one per week on eBay, you might be surprised at what you fetch.

Two years ago or so, I made a small series of ("turn-of-the-century" and appropriately "aged") "patent medicine" (or "snake oil") bottles based around an "Alice in Wonderland" theme.  (I'll post a photograph later.)  It all began with one small bottle, the "Cheshire Cat's Elixir of Invisibility" and, consequently, any proceeds benefited actual cats "in need."  Only an inch and a half tall, these would sell for $5 - 10.  It was, I believe, the "Mad Hatter's Mercurial Tonic" and "Caterpillar's Persian Opium" bottles that brought in the big bucks, especially the latter (even though the caterpillar is surrounded by tobacco plants in the Tenniel illustrations.)

I also made one or two "Squonk Tears" bottles (based on the song "Squonk" from ""Trick of the Tail" by Genesis.)  Again, these sold surprisingly well.  (I still have yet to try King Crimson's "Lark's Tongue in Aspic.)

So you might give it a try with some GD skulls.  It couldn't hurt, and if it garners any supplemental income, hey!

Personal note.  Of course, it is entirely up to you, however I would recommend "aging" the model skull a bit (thereby making it less "plastic-y) by maybe painting it an off white first and then lightly "washing" it with a few diluted grays, tans, and browns.  If possible, I would also try to find skulls that have a removable jaw.  This way the jaw can be removed, and the skull would be easier to stand up on its upper front teeth for display purposes.  (Like the way the skulls are shown in the illustrations above.)

Offline Scheres

• toyghoul.com
« Reply #67 on: June 24, 2017, 10:32:51 AM »
Good idea on the Grateful Dead skull. I may try that. I have been painting on 3d objects forever. Back in the late 90's I couldnt paint mailboxes and toilet seats fast enough. The demand was huge!! Here's just some of the thousands of things I've painted. I'm always combing yard sales and thrift stores for stuff to paint on.

Offline Scheres

• toyghoul.com
« Reply #68 on: June 24, 2017, 10:47:19 AM »
Another rejected concept, so I drew it on a sketch card.

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #69 on: June 24, 2017, 11:05:54 AM »
Good idea on the Grateful Dead skull. I may try that. I have been painting on 3d objects forever. Back in the late 90's I couldnt paint mailboxes and toilet seats fast enough. The demand was huge!! Here's just some of the thousands of things I've painted. I'm always combing yard sales and thrift stores for stuff to paint on.

Very cool!

When I post a picture of my "Alice" bottles, I'll also take a shot of a life-size glass human head that I purchased at the GoodWill two days ago.  Only $3.99!  Naturally, I couldn't live without it!  Yes, thrift stores and yard sales can be veritable treasure troves!  I think I'm going to mount it on a base with a crazy, spinning LED bulb inside of it, and anytime my students come up with an insight that blows everything else out of the water, I'll turn it on.  You know, the cliche "light bulb in the head" thing.

anything