Author Topic: Would you rather have stickers or cards  (Read 3695 times)

Offline Beanball

Would you rather have stickers or cards
« on: March 29, 2017, 08:09:35 AM »
Maybe it's just me. I don't understand why they went from stickers to cards. You can't stick a card on anything unless you glue it on. I prefer stickers over cards. This fact is preventing me to buy any of the new series even though the art is fabulous. Please comment and elaborate your thoughts.

Offline Tom Keen

Re: Would you rather have stickers or cards
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2017, 08:23:02 AM »
I agree with you, Topps blew it here but then again, assigning logic and reason to topps is a waste of time.  Wacky packages are stickers but I rarely stick them anyway so it is more of a blunder on Topps' part for not keeping these to true wackys.

Online Joe G.

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2017, 08:28:19 AM »
The new set is stickers they just aren't die cut stickers.  So the entire front is a sticker and not just a shaped, black bordered product like we are used to.

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2017, 08:34:53 AM »
Personally, I'd rather have the stickers - but only for tradition's sake.

When I was a kid, I'd peel off the stickers - more often then not - and placed them on book covers, the inside of my school desk, my bike, etc..

As a teacher, I hand out WP to my 9 - 11 year old students as incentives, and strangely ( at least to me ) they do not peel the stickers off.  They say it ruins them and makes them worth less money.  Instead, they store them in binders along with their baseball and Pokemeon cards.  Ah, what a generation of savvy kids!

So my guess would be that if nobody is now bothering to peel off the stickers - myself, now as a collector, included - why bother to add to the production cost by having die-cut stickers?  I think, for the most part, that stickers really now only appeal to the traditionalists.

Offline quas

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2017, 07:25:28 AM »
Personally, I'd rather have the stickers - but only for tradition's sake.

When I was a kid, I'd peel off the stickers - more often then not - and placed them on book covers, the inside of my school desk, my bike, etc..

As a teacher, I hand out WP to my 9 - 11 year old students as incentives, and strangely ( at least to me ) they do not peel the stickers off.  They say it ruins them and makes them worth less money.  Instead, they store them in binders along with their baseball and Pokemeon cards.  Ah, what a generation of savvy kids!

So my guess would be that if nobody is now bothering to peel off the stickers - myself, now as a collector, included - why bother to add to the production cost by having die-cut stickers?  I think, for the most part, that stickers really now only appeal to the traditionalists.

Uh oh, watch out, we're gonna give Topps an idea for yet another variation - they'll have both die-cut and non-die-cut stickers in order to give "completists" yet another subset to collect.......... >(
Marc

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2017, 08:52:28 AM »
Uh oh, watch out, we're gonna give Topps an idea for yet another variation - they'll have both die-cut and non-die-cut stickers in order to give "completists" yet another subset to collect.......... >(

That will give us little seizures! 

Offline Tom Keen

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2017, 10:13:43 AM »
That will give us little seizures!
Little Seizures....like a parody on little Caesars pizza  >:D

Offline Beanball

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2017, 12:27:56 PM »
Great idea. When we get one collecting that set we will be
Little Geezers. Lol
I like the idea.
Pass the word along Dave, Jeff and Neil.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 10:36:27 AM by Beanball »

Online Joe G.

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2017, 12:45:32 PM »
Marc, I'd actually welcome it and only collect the die-cuts!  My son's notebooks are covered in Wackys and without the die-cut they just ain't the same.

Offline Brian Mc

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2017, 06:32:22 AM »
Stickers. And die cut. What can I say, I'm stuck in my ways.
Brian Mc