Author Topic: Philly Show Roll Call  (Read 24982 times)

Offline Hipton

Philly Show Roll Call
« on: March 16, 2017, 06:48:35 PM »
I would like to start a list of who will be attending the upcoming show.  I will be attending the show, but the dinner is full. Roxanne has put me on a waiting list. I would like to know who is not going to the dinner, maybe we can have our own dinner group. It will be great to see everyone again. We need to cherish these moments when we can see each other, you never know when it may all come to an end.  This has been a difficult week for me and I'm barely functioning. Right now, I am grateful for my hours being cut and only had to work two days this week.  Jay Lynch passed away, his buddy Skip Williamson passed earlier today and a dear friend who was very popular in the CA pinball community died from cancer a few days ago.  If you are a FB friend, I posted about him on my page.

Offline Baked Bears

Re: Philly Show Roll Call
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2017, 07:14:32 PM »
I will be attending both the show and dinner on Saturday.  I'm rather excited, for this will be my first time ever.

I would suggest you create another post with three lists:  Saturday Show, Dinner, and Sunday Show.  As people reply, you can then go back into the same post using the "modify" feature and add their names to the appropriate lists.  This way people's responses will all be together in one central place and not scattered all over the thread.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 07:27:00 PM by Baked Bears »

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2017, 09:06:17 PM »
Will be there, dinner and the show

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2017, 12:53:04 AM »
Dinner and a Show for me. Very excited. Looking forward to meeting many of you in person.

Regards,  Andrew

Offline quas

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2017, 05:46:06 AM »
Dinner and a Show for me. Very excited. Looking forward to meeting many of you in person.

Regards,  Andrew

Dinner and show for me, and I'll be setting up at a table as well.  Will be selling Wackies by the pound, especially Chrome. Get 'em real cheap.
Marc

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2017, 10:48:44 AM »
I will be attending the show on Saturday.

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2017, 12:19:37 PM »
I will be attending the show on Saturday.

Mrs. Shoe and I will be there for the dinner/show for both days, Not only do we get to hang out with a bunch of great people we like, But we are also celebrating our anniversary early as well. Our ann. is really on the 25th, WE are coming up on the Big 30.

Offline Bigmuc13

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2017, 06:48:36 PM »

Mrs. Shoe and I will be there for the dinner/show for both days, Not only do we get to hang out with a bunch of great people we like, But we are also celebrating our anniversary early as well. Our ann. is really on the 25th, WE are coming up on the Big 30.

Congrats Shoe.  That is quite a milestone.  Who knows, maybe I will finally make it back to a show this year.  I think it has been about a decade since I made a show.  I know I haven't been to the new place.  The last time I went was in Allentown.  I was there for the big one and the after party at Greg's.  That was the first time I met Jay and got to watch him draw in person.  I was blown away.  He was amazing, even moreso for me since I have absolutely zero artistic ability and watching someone create amazing drawings from just a pencil and a piece of paper was pretty cool.
Still looking for Series 17

Offline ratchet007

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2017, 01:09:04 AM »
I will be there on Saturday.

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2017, 05:16:31 AM »
I'll be at the show Saturday.

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2017, 06:55:27 AM »
I'll be at the dinner Saturday night, and the show both days.

I haven't been out that way since '05 and the big bash. No better excuse than the big FIVE-OH for Wackys.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2017, 08:46:58 AM »
I think it has been about a decade since I made a show.  I know I haven't been to the new place.  The last time I went was in Allentown.  I was there for the big one and the after party at Greg's.  That was the first time I met Jay and got to watch him draw in person.
Bill, Allentown is the "new" place. The big event (at Greg's with Jay) was in '05 and the Philly show itself was still in Mt. Laurel that year. Guess that just shows you need to join us more often, LOL.

Offline drono

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2017, 11:12:06 AM »
I'm planning on attending the dinner and the show on Saturday.

The last time I went was in the '90s. 

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2017, 01:14:23 PM »
I will be there for the show on Saturday and the dinner

Richard

Offline Soremel

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2017, 04:05:21 PM »
I'll be attending the show (both days) as well as the dinner. Will have my usual Galactic Groceries set up, along with a preview of Wacky Packages paintings created from my rejected roughs from my Topps years (2005 - 2012) My table will be located across the aisle from where I've usually set up camp. Looking forward to reconnecting with long time Wacky friends & fans!

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2017, 05:06:56 PM »
I'll be attending the show (both days) as well as the dinner. Will have my usual Galactic Groceries set up, along with a preview of Wacky Packages paintings created from my rejected roughs from my Topps years (2005 - 2012) My table will be located across the aisle from where I've usually set up camp. Looking forward to reconnecting with long time Wacky friends & fans!
see you there  ;)

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2017, 08:59:16 PM »
Congrats Shoe.  That is quite a milestone.  Who knows, maybe I will finally make it back to a show this year.  I think it has been about a decade since I made a show.  I know I haven't been to the new place.  The last time I went was in Allentown.  I was there for the big one and the after party at Greg's.  That was the first time I met Jay and got to watch him draw in person.  I was blown away.  He was amazing, even moreso for me since I have absolutely zero artistic ability and watching someone create amazing drawings from just a pencil and a piece of paper was pretty cool.

Thank you for those kind words Bill, Hope you can make it out on the 23rd. For all those who are making plans to attend, What do you plan on bringing for either selling or trading material. I have a few binders for sale and I'm in need of 3 ans base sets: ans 2, 6, and 10. Just the reg. cards needed, No chase or insert ones necessary.

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2017, 06:23:51 AM »
I might seak over Sunday.  Anyone interested in high grade series4 reissue sheets at $75 each?  I think i have 4 left.  These have two complete sets.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2017, 09:39:39 AM »
Thank you for those kind words Bill, Hope you can make it out on the 23rd. For all those who are making plans to attend, What do you plan on bringing for either selling or trading material. I have a few binders for sale and I'm in need of 3 ans base sets: ans 2, 6, and 10. Just the reg. cards needed, No chase or insert ones necessary.

I have one extra (1) ANS2 base set if you would like to make a trade of some sort.  (But not ANS6 or ANS10.)  PM me if interested.  Thanks.

Offline Bigmuc13

« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2017, 02:20:40 PM »
Bill, Allentown is the "new" place. The big event (at Greg's with Jay) was in '05 and the Philly show itself was still in Mt. Laurel that year. Guess that just shows you need to join us more often, LOL.

Thanks, It would have been pretty crappy showing up at Mt. Laurel by myself   ;)

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2017, 03:25:10 PM »
Thanks, It would have been pretty crappy showing up at Mt. Laurel by myself   ;)
Would have made the trading session interesting to watch.....   :P

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2017, 04:30:08 PM »
I have one extra (1) ANS2 base set if you would like to make a trade of some sort.  (But not ANS6 or ANS10.)  PM me if interested.  Thanks.

Thank you so much, Looking forward to seeing you at the show.

Offline Bigmuc13

« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2017, 07:26:40 PM »
Would have made the trading session interesting to watch.....   :P

I think I would take me to the cleaners

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2017, 03:40:22 AM »
Does anyone know the cost of getting a table and if you have to go both days?

Offline quas

« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2017, 04:41:09 AM »
Does anyone know the cost of getting a table and if you have to go both days?

You'd have to ask Roxanne Toser is there are any more tables available.  If you have a table, your contract says that you have to attend both days.................so yes.
Marc

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2017, 04:51:55 PM »
You'd have to ask Roxanne Toser is there are any more tables available.  If you have a table, your contract says that you have to attend both days.................so yes.

That's what I thought, that they don't like empty tables.  When I helped run the dealer's room at Icon, the dealers were supposed to be set up for the Friday evening opening, and stay through closing on Sunday evening.

Offline Brian Mc

« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2017, 01:54:33 PM »
I'm going. Both days but not dinner. It will be my first Wacky show ever! Yay! Driving from Cincinnati. Not so much yay.  :P
Brian Mc

Offline bandaches

« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2017, 05:26:03 PM »
I'm going. Both days but not dinner. It will be my first Wacky show ever! Yay! Driving from Cincinnati. Not so much yay.  :P
Did you used to live in California?
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Brian Mc

« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2017, 07:03:40 PM »
Did you used to live in California?

I did for about a year. Moved back to Cincinnati in July of 2012. Wow, how did you know that?
Brian Mc

Offline GadzookaBoy

• Just Another Funko Observer
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2017, 07:12:21 PM »
If I was still living in NY I would have loved to have gone. I'm in South Florida now though.

My Funko obsession has run it's course after 15 years .. so now I'm back to some of my old collections.

Wacky's, other Non-Sport Cards, Baseball Cards, Pinbacks, and '66 Batman stuff.

I'm tired of the Mega Convention atmosphere .. no more SDCC or NYCC for me for a while at least.

Would love to find some old school shows to buy and even sell at.

Have fun all who go.
How old is this gum ???
It's ALL about being WACKY !!!
WEB SITE http://justanotherfunkoobserver.com/
TOY/PERSONAL BLOG http:/jafosnews.blogspot.com/

Offline bandaches

« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2017, 09:17:10 PM »
I did for about a year. Moved back to Cincinnati in July of 2012. Wow, how did you know that?
I'm fairly certain we met through Prodigy and you were the first person I ever traded with.

Offline Brian Mc

« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2017, 03:33:44 PM »
I'm fairly certain we met through Prodigy and you were the first person I ever traded with.
  No, that wasn't me. The first Wacky trade(s) that I ever did in my 48 years of life, was last week with Sco(o)t and Andrew. Seriously. I've been on this site for almost 7 years and I just recently broke the 100 post mark, so I haven't been very active here.

Also, I don't know what Prodigy is/was. Wasn't that an internet service like AOL?
Brian Mc

Offline bandaches

« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2017, 04:13:23 PM »
Sorry got you mixed up with a different Brian MC

Offline Buzzooka

« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2017, 12:48:30 PM »
I will be coming in Friday evening for the show Saturday. It has been a few years since I have attended. Probably not staying Saturday night as I am not in the dinner unless something else good is going on....

Offline Hipton

« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2017, 05:03:56 PM »
If anyone is interested in the dinner, contact Roxanne Toser and see if there's been any cancellations. I was on a waiting list and a spot opened up due to a cancellation. So, I'm quite happy to be attending the dinner and can't wait to see everyone. I'm staying at the Comfort Inn across from Dorney Park, coming in on Thursday. If anyone else is coming early and wants to hang out or go to dinner on Thursday or Friday night, let me know.