Author Topic: Old School Posters  (Read 52259 times)

Offline View Monster

• Sights For Sore-Eyes
  • ___ a.k.a. wackyfan ___
    • Non-Sport trading cardz
Re: Old School Posters
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2010, 11:15:26 AM »
Finally got my preorder posters yesterday.  The tube was in perfect shape.  However, the posters inside were a bit crinkled.  I guess not bad enough to demand replacements though.  So, would these fit inside a 24x36 poster frame?  If so, where can I find a very inexpensive frame for these?  I hate paying more for framing that the value of the item inside the frame!
Both my sketch and base card posters are damaged but they sent me two base cards posters for some reason. I found 24x36 poster frames with clear fronts at a store here in Louisville called Meijer's for 10 bucks each. They are not junky at all for that cheap price.

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2010, 12:55:38 PM »
Is Topps offering any kind of exchange on damaged posters?  I got my 2 regular old school posters the other day in an undamaged tube, but the top end of the rolled up posters was all crinked; hence causing dents and creases all up and down one side of the entire posters.  I got the idea that the person packaging these things was either pissed off at the time or has the delicacy of a gorilla.

Still waiting on the Sketch poster I ordered, although the (non-LE) post card set I ordered at the same time came in the mail, and both items were listed on the invoice.
Send me your borderless wackys!

Offline ScaryLee

« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2010, 02:00:33 PM »
My tube full of 12 posters were all damaged fairly badly. At least the sketch card poster is in nice shape which came in a separate tube.

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2010, 02:57:54 PM »
So it's not the mail's fault, it's the people who packed the tubes that ruined all these posters? I'm still awaiting both mine, but it seems like no one got an undamaged one? :o

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2010, 03:05:34 PM »
I got my sketch poster yesterday. That is one very nice poster. I would recommend everyone to order one. No one here will, probably, never own all the sketch cards so this is a real treat to see them all in their standard size.

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2010, 04:44:05 PM »
It's sure looking that way!   :-[

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2010, 05:00:13 PM »
It's sure looking that way!   :-[

Try to make sure you reply with a quote because I am not sure what you are referencing.

Offline Lavirus

« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2010, 05:33:12 PM »
I ended up getting my posters yesterday, in perfect condition. I guess some postal workers have been playing whiffle ball with other folks tubes!

Offline View Monster

• Sights For Sore-Eyes
  • ___ a.k.a. wackyfan ___
    • Non-Sport trading cardz
« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2010, 05:36:20 PM »
I ended up getting my posters yesterday, in perfect condition. I guess some postal workers have been playing whiffle ball with other folks tubes!

Is someone at Topps is damaging them? The tubes mine came in are just fine but all three of my posters are damaged. I am going to put them in frames and hopefully it hides the damaged areas.

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2010, 05:44:42 PM »
Try to make sure you reply with a quote because I am not sure what you are referencing.
oops sorry I was responding to View Monster's question about Topps damaging the posters and not the post office.  I just realized there is not a mechanism in place to show what post is in response to what.  I will be more diligent of quoting here on the new forum!   

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2010, 08:09:39 PM »
oops sorry I was responding to View Monster's question about Topps damaging the posters and not the post office.  I just realized there is not a mechanism in place to show what post is in response to what.  I will be more diligent of quoting here on the new forum!   

The tube that my sketch card poster came in was in good condition, not a kink in it. The poster however, had a about a 3/4 inch crease on the end corner, that was obviously NOT from the tube or tube damage. I will have to call about my pre-order posters that I have yet to recieve before too much time goes by and they think that I am BS'ing. I suppose (or hope) that they would know who they have shipped to already or not. Who knows? I'll keep ya's posted.
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline Bigmuc13

« Reply #46 on: March 15, 2010, 10:43:29 AM »
Jeff,  You really should add a number suffix to your name like I did.  Years ago there was another Bigmuc on Greg's forum.  I wanted Bigmuc, so I just added a 13 to avoid confusion.  Fortunately for me, he dissapeared a couple of months after I arrived in 2003.  Just a thought.
Still looking for Series 17

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #47 on: March 15, 2010, 04:14:27 PM »
Jeff,  You really should add a number suffix to your name like I did.  Years ago there was another Bigmuc on Greg's forum.  I wanted Bigmuc, so I just added a 13 to avoid confusion.  Fortunately for me, he dissapeared a couple of months after I arrived in 2003.  Just a thought.

Good idea. I'll change mine to Liptorn2. That way all is good.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2010, 04:22:55 PM »
Still no pre-order posters today. I called Topps this afternoon. They said that they sent them out in different batches at different times, but all media mail (which we know can take some time). Should be here by no later than Wednesday of next week. Very nice over the phone and I didn't have to wait too long to talk to a REAL person. I did have to call a different number after calling the first customer service number on their site. Let the waiting begin again !! :P

Offline Gurgle

• recommends zircon-encrusted tweezers
« Reply #49 on: March 15, 2010, 05:03:38 PM »

Got my sketch poster today and it was in pristine condition. I think the rain may have canceled the whiffle ball game today.

I was on the fence about buying this poster but I'm so glad I did. It's incredibly cool!

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
  • Take a "BITE" out of life!
« Reply #50 on: March 15, 2010, 07:48:59 PM »
Got my sketch poster today and it was in pristine condition. I think the rain may have canceled the whiffle ball game today.

I was on the fence about buying this poster but I'm so glad I did. It's incredibly cool!
No doubt I was on the fence also, but once I had seen it...WOW!!!
"Treat others the way you like to be treated"

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #51 on: March 16, 2010, 12:34:14 AM »
Is someone at Topps is damaging them? The tubes mine came in are just fine but all three of my posters are damaged. I am going to put them in frames and hopefully it hides the damaged areas.

I got my 7 posters today. The tube was fine but all 7 posters were a bit smashed on one side. Finding a mint poster is going to be challenging at this point. Getting it safely to your home will be the second challenge.

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #52 on: March 16, 2010, 12:50:33 AM »
I got my 7 posters today. The tube was fine but all 7  :-\ I got 2 and they were both just fine???

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #53 on: March 16, 2010, 12:55:10 AM »
I got my 7 posters today. The tube was fine but all 7  :-\ I got 2 and they were both just fine???

I'm not sure what to make of your post. The sentence you quoted is part of mine and part of someone else's.

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #54 on: March 16, 2010, 01:38:25 AM »
I'm not sure what to make of your post. The sentence you quoted is part of mine and part of someone else's.
???

Offline ratchet007

« Reply #55 on: March 16, 2010, 12:19:05 PM »
I finally recieved my sketch poster yesterday and was very pleased. Only one very minor ding on one edge near the top. I figure once it's in the frame no one will see it anyway.

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #56 on: March 16, 2010, 01:46:34 PM »
I think I may be the last of the bunch to not receive any posters yet, although with the devastating rain storms and flooding in our area the last three days, I can understand why the Post Office may be running behind.

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #57 on: March 16, 2010, 02:40:51 PM »
I think I may be the last of the bunch to not receive any posters yet, although with the devastating rain storms and flooding in our area the last three days, I can understand why the Post Office may be running behind.

I too am still poster-deficient.
Good to see that some members are receiving them in good condition though, so I will remain hopeful.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #58 on: March 16, 2010, 04:30:02 PM »
Finally got my posters today. The tube was fine, but the posters were kinked badly at the end and also wrinkled around the center near the bottom. this wrinkling is the same on both posters. In sort of a sad way, I don't even care because of all the waiting, I can now enjoy them and at least got them! Hope everyone else who didn't get theirs yet has better luck with the condition.

Offline HeadAndBoulders

« Reply #59 on: March 16, 2010, 06:35:23 PM »
I too am still poster-deficient.
Good to see that some members are receiving them in good condition though, so I will remain hopeful.

My poster was in perfect condition.

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #60 on: March 16, 2010, 07:45:53 PM »
My poster was in perfect condition.
Mine was also, the same w/the "Sketch-Card" (Poster) ;)

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #61 on: March 17, 2010, 08:11:10 AM »

I am still waiting as well. I placed my poster order on 03/01 so it's been 16 days so far!
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #62 on: March 17, 2010, 08:33:29 AM »
I am still waiting as well. I placed my poster order on 03/01 so it's been 16 days so far!
WOW! :o

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #63 on: March 18, 2010, 11:21:55 AM »

Well I  F I N A L L Y got my posters in!  No damage to mine.  I think I will cut-up the sketch poster so I can display the colored ones in a binder book.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #64 on: March 18, 2010, 11:25:32 AM »
Well I  F I N A L L Y got my posters in!  No damage to mine.  I think I will cut-up the sketch poster so I can display the colored ones in a binder book.

That media mail SUCKS! You never know when it will show up. They use it cuz it's cheap shipping.
That sketch poster is really cool. I wonder how many will cut them up?

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #65 on: March 18, 2010, 11:27:28 AM »
That media mail SUCKS! You never know when it will show up. They use it cuz it's cheap shipping.
That sketch poster is really cool. I wonder how many will cut them up?
The "Sketch Card" (Poster) is absoloutly cool, I may get another just to "Cut up"

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #66 on: March 18, 2010, 12:55:43 PM »
The "Sketch Card" (Poster) is absoloutly cool, I may get another just to "Cut up"

Probably just a matter of time before we start seeing sketch card "sets" for sale on eBay!
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #67 on: March 18, 2010, 01:08:30 PM »
Probably just a matter of time before we start seeing sketch card "sets" for sale on eBay!

Well if it's a colored set we know were it came from.  It would be interesting to see how much a complete set of b&w's would go for though.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #68 on: March 18, 2010, 01:38:12 PM »
Well if it's a colored set we know were it came from.  It would be interesting to see how much a complete set of b&w's would go for though.

I highly doubt anyone would own the whole colored sketch card set. You never know though but it will be awhile before this could be completed. Right now I know of one person that has 5. I think only 7 or 8 have shown up so they are either still in boxes at Topps or people aren't selling them. Topps is down to a couple hundred boxes on their site.

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #69 on: March 18, 2010, 01:45:05 PM »

Of course we could obviously tell they were cut up from a poster.  If somebody could professionally cut up a sketch poster so that the cards were all nice and straight and even, I might consider buying a set as long as the price wasn't too much over the original poster price.  Sure would be a hell of a lot easier to ship that way!
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

anything