Author Topic: Old School Posters  (Read 52264 times)

Offline Lavirus

Old School Posters
« on: March 11, 2010, 01:08:49 PM »
Has everyone gotten their Old School posters? I got my Old School boxes lickety-split but I'm still waiting on the posters.

Offline Gurgle

• recommends zircon-encrusted tweezers
Re: Old School Posters
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 01:29:41 PM »
Has everyone gotten their Old School posters? I got my Old School boxes lickety-split but I'm still waiting on the posters.
Glad to hear this because I'm still waiting, too. Since we're not to far from each other, I'm now less worried that it got lost.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2010, 02:22:10 PM »
Glad to hear this because I'm still waiting, too. Since we're not to far from each other, I'm now less worried that it got lost.
I had 2 orders with Topps and got my poster in last week and then another one yesterday. They do not seal the ends so the one I got yesterday had the cap off and the poster hanging out. This media mail thing is a bunch of crap. It can take up to 30 days to deliver media mail. How is that for pony express!

Offline Crakola Crayons

• 10+ years of homemades
  • "...I'll stop the world and melt with you..."
    • Martin's View (blog about music, TV, movies and comics)
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2010, 02:42:01 PM »
I just got my poster last week.  Took like almost two weeks after I got my pre-order boxes for it to arrive.
My blog on music, comics, film and more - Martin's View - http://mcmaenza.blogspot.com/

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
  • Take a "BITE" out of life!
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2010, 04:30:40 PM »
But it was worth it correct! ::)
"Treat others the way you like to be treated"

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2010, 05:06:49 PM »
I ordered the sketch posters Monday morning, and they arrived today.  Not as badly crinkled as the sticker posters were, either.  They're awesome!!  I'm really thinking of cutting one up.......

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2010, 05:54:40 PM »
I think I'm going to oder another "Sketch-Card" (Poster) and do the same thing. That's one AWESOME poster! BTW I just gave you a + "Karma" cuase I think you're cool! And besides you do'nt have one yet! Your WACKY friend...RonZ 8)

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2010, 06:00:37 PM »
I think I'm going to oder another "Sketch-Card" (Poster) and do the same thing. That's one AWESOME poster! BTW I just gave you a + "Karma" cuase I think you're cool! And besides you do'nt have one yet! Your WACKY friend...RonZ 8)
Thanks for th karma Ron!  I was starting to feel unloved :(  Or that maybe I was just asking too may questions.

Offline Monsterettes

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2010, 06:02:05 PM »
Don't worry Pat, I haven't racked up many posts yet so I can't give any karma.  But very sooon!

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2010, 06:06:50 PM »
I just gave you 1 Elizabeth, you BETTER give me 1 back or else...LOL! I hope you know I'm just "joshing" around! :D

Offline Crakola Crayons

• 10+ years of homemades
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2010, 06:08:28 PM »
Don't worry Pat, I haven't racked up many posts yet so I can't give any karma.  But very sooon!

Elizabeth, sometimes it is better to receive than to give.  I just gave you some karma.  Glad you are here!
My blog on music, comics, film and more - Martin's View - http://mcmaenza.blogspot.com/

Offline Monsterettes

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2010, 06:24:28 PM »
Ah shucks, I better keep posting so I can give Karma already!

Offline Monsterettes

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2010, 06:30:12 PM »
Thanks Martin!  I think I may be over the threshold now....  Now I just gotta figure out how to make this all work.  Cool forum, it's just taking me a little while to figure out the new terrain!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2010, 06:32:17 PM »
I ordered the sketch posters Monday morning, and they arrived today.  Not as badly crinkled as the sticker posters were, either.  They're awesome!!  I'm really thinking of cutting one up.......
Topps shipped my Sketch poster about 2 weeks ago and still nothing. These posters are a pain on the post office.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2010, 06:35:17 PM »
I just gave you 1 Elizabeth, you BETTER give me 1 back or else...LOL! I hope you know I'm just "joshing" around! :D
Your up to 7 Karma already? Quit schmoosing and get posting :-*
I will have to see if I can generate a Karma report. It's all part of the fun with this forum. I believe your stars will increase with the number of posts. That doesn't mean everyone has to go around posting crap just to build ratings but it's all part of the fun. This is kinda like when someone mentioned they cracked the top 10 of posts. It was a proud moment. We might have to look at awards for some of these achievements. I think there is a mod for that.

Offline Monsterettes

« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2010, 06:35:50 PM »
I *think* I just gave my first karma.  Hope that wasn't a smite Ron.  Wait!! I'm high-jacking this thread.  And now back to the Old School Poster topic, after this short interruption.  So my poster order finally arrived.  I was thrilled and then I opened the tube.  Topps sent me another sticker poster instead of a sketch poster!   :(  I called today and I must say they were extremely helpful and are straightening the whole thing out.  Looks as though there will be a little more waiting for final Old School consummation for me!

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2010, 06:37:21 PM »
Hey Brad, I got my (free) poster the day after I got my boxes! But it took over a week to get the one I paid for??? The "Sketch-Card" (Poster) Hope you get it soon. Your WACKY friend...RonZ.                                     P.S. It looks like your forum is a  BIG success!!! Congratulations!

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2010, 06:39:06 PM »
Your up to 7 Karma already? Quit schmoosing and get posting :-*
I will have to see if I can generate a Karma report. It's all part of the fun with this forum. I believe your stars will increase with the number of posts. That doesn't mean everyone has to go around posting crap just to build ratings but it's all part of the fun. This is kinda like when someone mentioned they cracked the top 10 of posts. It was a proud moment. We might have to look at awards for some of these achievements. I think there is a mod for that.

If you're going to give out an award for the highest # of posts you may as well give the trophy to Ron right now and get it over with!!  LOL
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2010, 06:40:46 PM »

So if you cut up a poster into cards are they the actual card size so they would fit into 9-pocket sleeves?  I am still waiting for mine unfortunately.

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2010, 06:42:49 PM »
WOO HOO! Sounds good to me! Just kiddng guys I'm just having fun! Is'nt that what this is all about??? :P

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2010, 06:45:12 PM »
So if you cut up a poster into cards are they the actual card size so they would fit into 9-pocket sleeves?  I am still waiting for mine unfortunately.
Yep, they'll be just the right size for a 9 pocket page.  I may borrow the paper cutter from work for this, it will be a lot more accurate than scissors!

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2010, 06:45:32 PM »
WOO HOO! Sounds good to me! Just kiddng guys I'm just having fun! Is'nt that what this is all about??? :P

Do you want to take back that karma you just sent me??  Lol, I wonder if there are take-backs?

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2010, 06:46:42 PM »
Yep, they'll be just the right size for a 9 pocket page.  I may borrow the paper cutter from work for this, it will be a lot more accurate than scissors!

Cool, I might have to order another poster now.  If I order it now I'll have it before Old School 2 releases!

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2010, 06:46:51 PM »
No! Wht would I want to do that? 8)

Offline Monsterettes

« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2010, 06:56:11 PM »
I was thinking just the same thing, cut up a sketch poster and voila!  A sketch card set.  I'm not sure that would meet Paul's standard, but it's an interesting solution.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 06:58:06 PM by Monsterettes »

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2010, 07:10:31 PM »
Hey, it's my first post, not Willie - Jeff ex-coffinmate. Hope no one is mad at me for changing my I.D. but I soo love Liptorn, it's my absolute all time Favorite wacky!!

Anyway, STILL haven't recieved my pre-order series posters OR my sketch poster, but I have recieved the series 5 postcards two days ago. I am going to call Topps tomorrow and ask them what they think.

Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2010, 07:18:19 PM »
I would talk to Mike but he won't be in tomorrow. Check in with him on Monday.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2010, 07:29:59 PM »
Hi Dave. I still expect that the sketch card poster is on it's way, but I am starting to w"a"nder about the pre-ordered series posters....

I'll try em on Monday if they do not arrive. Thanks.

Offline Gurgle

« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2010, 10:25:14 AM »
My poster came today and the tube is bent. Looks like someone used it to crack someone upside the head. I still haven't been able to get it out but no question it's got some damage.

Offline Crakola Crayons

• 10+ years of homemades
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2010, 10:34:57 AM »
My poster came today and the tube is bent. Looks like someone used it to crack someone upside the head. I still haven't been able to get it out but no question it's got some damage.

My poster arrived that way last week too.  It was pretty tight in there.  I had to grasp the interior end and very slowly turn while holding it, basically pulling the rest of the poster in to a tight swirl.  I was then able to extract it.  But the dents in the tube transferred to the poster too.  I've got it loosely rolled with thin rubberbands and back in the tube, but ultimately I will need to flatten it if/when I hang it up.

Offline Gurgle

« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2010, 10:58:51 AM »
My poster arrived that way last week too.  It was pretty tight in there.  I had to grasp the interior end and very slowly turn while holding it, basically pulling the rest of the poster in to a tight swirl.  I was then able to extract it.  But the dents in the tube transferred to the poster too.  I've got it loosely rolled with thin rubberbands and back in the tube, but ultimately I will need to flatten it if/when I hang it up.
That's exactly what I just did and I thought I was so clever until I read your response and saw you did the same! My poster is beyond dents and has two major crinkles running the entire length. Hopefully, the sketch poster will arrive in better shape.

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2010, 11:00:39 AM »
No poster yet for me, either...

And I'm honestly thinking about cutting it up and storing the individual sketches in 9-pocket pages?  Has anyone else done this?

Enquiring minds want to know....

Offline ratchet007

« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2010, 03:13:05 PM »
I recieved my Old School Posters today. No damage on either one as was noted by others. These are pretty cool. I ordered 5 boxes and was only expecting 1 poster so kudos to Topps for "rounding up" and sending the extra. I'm still waiting on my sketch poster.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 06:05:44 AM by ratchet007 »

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2010, 04:02:49 PM »
Got my Sketch card poster today.  ;D  It was sent on the 8th and arrived today the 12th. STILL no pre-order series posters yet.  :-[

Offline Playskull

« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2010, 10:48:56 AM »
Finally got my preorder posters yesterday.  The tube was in perfect shape.  However, the posters inside were a bit crinkled.  I guess not bad enough to demand replacements though.  So, would these fit inside a 24x36 poster frame?  If so, where can I find a very inexpensive frame for these?  I hate paying more for framing that the value of the item inside the frame!