Author Topic: Question for eBay technical experts  (Read 3047 times)

Offline Paul_Maul

Question for eBay technical experts
« on: February 18, 2017, 10:42:38 AM »
Why does my search:

Wacky PSA

not bring up the following auction title?

1973 Topps Wacky Packs 1st Series 6-Up Beverage PSA 7 NRMT (PWCC)

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
Re: Question for eBay technical experts
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2017, 10:48:02 AM »
This one? eBay auction: #302223123247
Shows up for me

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2017, 10:54:07 AM »
No, this one. All PWCC wacky auctions fail to show up when I search Wacky PSA, and I can never understand why:

eBay auction: #351984935036

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2017, 11:13:08 AM »
To me, it looks like just typing in "wacky psa" in the eBay search field will show you only cards in the "wacky packages" category. While that 6-up is in the "vintage non-sport" category.
Although there's no indication that you are only seeing results from a sub-category, and it appears that you are in the broader non-sport category.

I think it's a "smart search" type of thing, where 'best match' is hurting your results.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 11:36:32 AM by Fanatical_and_Sickly »

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2017, 11:27:54 AM »
I think you're right, I was evidently searching only in "trading card singles". What confused me is they were coming up when I searched "wacky PWCC" because somehow it was switching to all categories when I did that (perhaps because there were no matches in the subcategory.)

Offline mlmtf6

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2017, 11:42:45 AM »
It looks like an eBay bug to me.  The top it says "all categories" but on the left side it says it's only looking in "trading card singles". 

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2017, 11:48:20 AM »
This has been a continuing problem with eBay's non Wildcard searches.  Long ago I used to be in touch with some of their technical staff discussing the need for Marking New items as new back in the days when they used to have a little sunshine or whatever it was to mark new items and before they had as many options  for sorting.  I've given up on calling out problems to them anymore, they're waste of my time.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/