Author Topic: ID This Character Please!  (Read 633 times)

Offline Tic_Toc

• Tic...Tic...Tic...Toc!
ID This Character Please!
« on: February 17, 2024, 12:30:59 PM »
Can someone please help me identify the original card that had a skeleton with a leather jacket & mohawk using some kind of hair spray? It's from one of the more recent sets, but I can't remember which one or the title of the card.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
Re: ID This Character Please!
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2024, 03:20:29 PM »
Off the top of my head, with no stickers to check, might it be Brylscream??

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2024, 09:18:20 PM »
I remember that one and I think Pat is close as it is an Old School character.  I think it may be Grave something.  Sorry I can’t recall the full name but I think it’s one of Pete’s.   Hey Pete you around, what Wacky is the Mohawk Skeleton?

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2024, 09:41:56 PM »
After a little poking around, I suspect you’re thinking of Grave Scare Spray from OLDS 10.

https://wackypacks.com/stickers/oldschool10/base/29_front_small.html

Offline Tic_Toc

• Tic...Tic...Tic...Toc!
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2024, 11:25:24 AM »
After a little poking around, I suspect you’re thinking of Grave Scare Spray from OLDS 10.

https://wackypacks.com/stickers/oldschool10/base/29_front_small.html

That's it! Thanks!

Offline roughwriter

• Rough Writer
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2024, 06:37:29 AM »
That was a design I drafted for Dave. I was spoofing Rave hairspray, and Grave was an obvious choice. You don't normally think of hair on skeletons, but Punk Rock was the Next Big Sound in the late 70s and early 80s with it's crazy hairstyles like those giant spikes! I thought it nailed the timeframe we were shooting for perfectly!

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2024, 10:27:42 AM »
Pete, very cool!  Any chance you could post the rough?

That was a design I drafted for Dave. I was spoofing Rave hairspray, and Grave was an obvious choice. You don't normally think of hair on skeletons, but Punk Rock was the Next Big Sound in the late 70s and early 80s with it's crazy hairstyles like those giant spikes! I thought it nailed the timeframe we were shooting for perfectly!

Offline roughwriter

• Rough Writer
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2024, 12:20:59 PM »
I'd love to share the rough with the forum! If my faithful sidekick Tonto (you DO know what that translates to, right?) would make with the technological wizardry, maybe it will magically appear here soon?

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2024, 12:31:53 PM »
Ha, Pete!  Thanks for emailing it this morning and here it is for the forum to enjoy!  I always get a kick out of seeing how close the final art and rough align.  Looks like you nailed this one as the final art is really very close!