Author Topic: Halloween Set  (Read 2344 times)

Offline Baked Bears

Halloween Set
« on: January 26, 2017, 05:06:43 PM »
Dear Council members,

Please consider the following:

Issue all of the previous Halloween postcards (as well as the smaller bonus cards) as one big set of regular size cards.  (Or if the set is too large, issue Part 1 this year and Part 2 next year - for which people will wait in anticipation.)

This way, all of the Walmart, Target, Toys R Us, etc. shoppers will now have the opportunity to own and collect 'em all! -  an opportunity they never had before (unless, of course, all of the aforementioned shoppers also shopped at Topps for a number of years.)

I don't believe this would diminish the value of the original postcards.

I hesitate to suggest this because I feel this marketing strategy is devious - however, thinking from a business point of view - also include a handful of WELL DONE brand new cards.

This is similar to what, say, Queen did when they released their greatest hits compact disc.  Along with the classics, they included "Under Pressure" (which, whether one likes the song or not, was, indeed, well done.)   Thus, if one wanted "Under Pressure," one had no choice but to purchase the entire CD.  It wasn't a total rip-off, though, because along with "Pressure" you also got a bunch of other hits (regardless of whether you already owned them or not.)

So, along with the original candy parodies, include some new ones, too.  This would also open the door to include some other Halloween items - besides candy - to parody and thus "round out" the set by including a larger variety that will appeal to many more consumers.  (One could also include an Old School subset.)

Thank you.

Offline crackedjerk

Re: Halloween Set
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2017, 07:25:10 PM »
I like your ideas for a Christmas set and a "Greatest Hits" set.  However, I'm not sure I like this one.  Seeing cards in reduced size doesn't excite me.  Seeing new ones would, but why combine them with "lesser" versions of cards we already have?  Not that I don't see some appeal here, but I don't see enough to want this set to be made (at least not without better ideas floating around).

Offline Baked Bears

Re: Halloween Set
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2017, 02:57:34 PM »
No, I agree, this would not be the greatest set out there.  However, it might 1) kickstart the Halloween releases again, and 2) allow CHILDREN the opportunity to own some of the Halloween titles, as well.