Author Topic: Wacky digibles on FAcebook - what's the deal?  (Read 11856 times)

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
Re: Wacky digibles on FAcebook - what's the deal?
« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2010, 01:31:25 AM »
Are you on the social sites?
No.  I did have a Facebook account a while back, but only used it when a friend who is a facebook fanatic would email me and tell me to go check his page.  I canceled my account about 2 years ago.

Offline Crakola Crayons

• 10+ years of homemades
  • "...I'll stop the world and melt with you..."
    • Martin's View (blog about music, TV, movies and comics)
« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2010, 06:16:55 AM »
I guess I still don't fully understand facebook and twitter.

I am on Facebook and Twitter, and I enjoy it a lot. 

FB has allowed me to reconnect with old friends from high school, college and even some relatives that live half the country away.  Good way to share pictures, etc.

Twitter is more of a stream of conscious, info sharing sort of vehicle.  I like following folks who have interesting things to share.
My blog on music, comics, film and more - Martin's View - http://mcmaenza.blogspot.com/

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2010, 06:48:42 AM »

FB has allowed me to reconnect with old friends from high school, college and even some relatives that live half the country away.  Good way to share pictures, etc.

Twitter is more of a stream of conscious, info sharing sort of vehicle.  I like following folks who have interesting things to share.
I love that facebook has allowed me to connect to folks I had lost touch with.  Better yet, I found out that some old high school friends live right in my town!  I don't do the twitter thing, my wife set up an account for me but I have never used it.  I get messages that total strangers are following me on twitter, I have no idea what that means but soon they will realize following my twitter isn;t all that exciting since I don't use it.  I also have a dormant myspace page as I don't see the point of using facebook and myspace, they are the same vehicle as far as I am concerned.  Soon enough, something will be more appealing than facebook or facebook with decide to charge people a fee and it will die off and we will move to the next communication vehicle.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2010, 08:28:38 AM »

I keep telling myself to do a Facebook page, but with the time I spend here and in the hobby in general I don't know if I want something else keeping my butt in front of a computer any more than it already is!  I do like the idea of reconnecting with old pals though, so I may still do it.
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

anything