Author Topic: Baked Bears' "Wordy" Packages  (Read 10061 times)

Offline Baked Bears

Re: Baked Bears' "Wordy" Packages
« Reply #280 on: November 12, 2017, 09:14:41 AM »
Possibility...

"Oh, the Lightning You'll Throw!"  (Parody of "Oh, the Places You'll Go!")

Book cover features a smiling boy (as young Zeus) in loose, windblown white tunic standing on top of a high, colorful pinnacle with a lightning bolt poised to throw.  A second bolt has just struck a Grecian building (rendered in a whimsical, fantastical Dr. Seuss style.)  Yet another bolt has struck the ground, wreaking havoc and pandemonium, narrowly missing and upsetting a group of  Seussian book characters (for example, Sam running away with a platter of eggs and ham, the Fox in Socks, Thing 1 and Thing 2, a Sneetch, etc..)

(Added note: I propose modeling the boy/young Zeus after National Spittoon.)

"By Dr. Zeus"

"A Mighty 'Coming of Age' Book"

« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 10:00:16 AM by Baked Bears »

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #281 on: November 12, 2017, 11:07:32 AM »
I like it! My parents gave me this book when I graduated high school.

Here's a quick cut-n-paste mock up I made of your idea.

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #282 on: November 12, 2017, 01:09:13 PM »
I like it! My parents gave me this book when I graduated high school.

Here's a quick cut-n-paste mock up I made of your idea.

(Image removed from quote.)

Very cool, Jean Nutty!  I like it!  (The cloud is also a nice touch!  Perhaps one could be wreathing the pinnacle?  Give it more of a high-in-the-heavens, Olympian kind of feel?)

Speaking of parents.  Have to dart over to mine.  Will return later...

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #283 on: November 13, 2017, 04:02:11 PM »
Possibility...

"Grubber" Lil' Mealworms  (Parody of "Gerber" Lil' Meals.)

Package features a spoonful and bowl of mealworms (in sauce) crawling and wriggling all over the place.  The Gerber baby (upper center) is wide-eyed and dumbfounded (or howling and crying) as a meal worm hangs out of her open mouth.

"Easy to Go Down!" / "Easier to Come Back Up!" - or - "Easy to Digest! / "Easier to Disgust!"

"Helps Lil' Toddlers Make Lil' Poopa!"

"Put a Tickle in Baby's Tummy!"

« Last Edit: Today at 02:57:25 PM by Baked Bears »

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #284 on: November 16, 2017, 05:44:40 PM »
Possibility...

"Marie Constrictor's Southern Python Pie"  (Parody of Marie Callender's Southern Pecan Pie.")

Box features full pie (as opposed to a slice of pie in the foreground.)  Coiled inside the pie dish is a python with malevolent eyes.  Just outside of the pie dish is a small kitten on the tabletop with its head slightly tilted in curiosity.  One front paw is timidly raised to inspect the contents of the pie dish.

Instead of a grandmother smiling down at her granddaughter in the logo, a python is wrapped around the child.  It's head is raised and, like the grandmom, also smiling down upon the girl.  A few clumps of Spanish moss are draped from the letters of "Marie Constrictor's."

"From the Everglades to Your Kitchen Since 1942"

"A True Invasive Classic"

"Extra Scaly Skin Made to Stretch"