Author Topic: Baked Bears' "Wordy" Packages  (Read 7936 times)

BustedFinger and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Baked Bears

Re: Baked Bears' "Wordy" Packages
« Reply #210 on: October 08, 2017, 02:33:57 PM »
Possibility...

"Archery" Irate Circus Animal Cookies (Parody of "Archway" Iced Circus Animal Cookies.)

Package features circus animal cookies (lion, bear, rhino) posed in angry stances, having just been shot with a volley of plastic arrows with suction cup tips.  In the left foreground, a worried boy (with green, feathered cap) has taken to his heels as he worriedly glances behind him.  His bow and remaining arrows have been hurriedly cast into the air as he attempts to flee.

"Robin Hood Style"

"Oh, Cripes!  Irate Circus Animal Cookies"

- or -

"Wicked Packages" possibility...

"Alleyway" Catnip Cookies  (Parody of "Archway" Gingersnap Cookies.)

Package features a "shady" stray cat (standing on top of a stack of two or three large cookies) wearing a bowler hat and overcoat. Behind him, dented metal trashcans are lined against the brick wall of an alley.  One side of the overcoat is open, revealing rows of smaller cookies "pinned" to the inside lining.  A group of kittens is clustered at his feet, paying with fish (in lieu of dollar bills) in their outstretched paws.  Several more fish are protruding from the tomcat's pockets in which he has hastily thrust them into.

"Homey Style"

"Fishy Catnip Cookies"

- or -

"Wicked Packages" possibility...

"Ashtray" Smokedmeal Cookies
(Parody of Archway" Oatmeal Cookies.)

Box features three cookies stacked flat on top of each other.  The top cookie forms the rim of a "cookie ashtray" containing a bunch of cigarette butts (similar to the "brownie ashtray" pictured below) which have been snubbed out in the cookie.  Other butts and cigarette ash are also laying around the bottom of the stack.

"Menthol Style"

"King Size Smokedmeal Cookies"

« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 04:44:15 PM by Baked Bears »

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #211 on: October 08, 2017, 02:53:36 PM »
Possibility...

"Chernobyl" Radioactive Yogurt  (Parody of "Chobani" Greek Yogurt.)

Tub features strange, mutated strawberry-like creature with pointed teeth and a reptilian tongue.  Glowing green tendrils of mist have escaped from the partially opened lid and are encircling the container.

"Strange Berry Blend"

"Celebrating 30 Years!"

« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 07:50:04 PM by Baked Bears »

Online mikecho

« Reply #212 on: October 08, 2017, 06:16:39 PM »
Possibility...

"Chernobyl" Radioactive Yogurt  (Parody of "Chanobi" Greek Yogurt.)

Tub features strange, mutated strawberry-like creature with pointed teeth and a reptilian tongue.  Glowing green tendrils of mist have escaped from the partially opened lid and are encircling the container.

"Strange Berry Blend"

"Celebrating 30 Years!"

You misspelled the real name. It's Chobani.

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #213 on: October 08, 2017, 06:46:01 PM »
Thank you, Mikecho!  Mistake corrected!

(For a minute there, I thought you were going to point out that this product had been parodied before.  And what's weird is, somewhere deep down, I think it was, and yet I can't find the parody anywhere.  If you happen across it, please let me know.  You and a few other forum members seem to have an encyclopedic memory of all things Wacky.  Only wish I did, too.  What I actually need is an alphabetized list of all of the real products that have been parodied before that have made it into the official Wacky pantheon.  Which would be interesting for other reasons, as well, aside from being a basic reference source.)

Offline bigtomi

• Go Yanks! Everybody give them a thumbs down!
« Reply #214 on: October 08, 2017, 07:42:21 PM »
Look again

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #215 on: October 08, 2017, 07:51:55 PM »
?!?!?!?!?

(My brain must be super-fried!  Time to call it a night!)

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #216 on: October 08, 2017, 07:53:09 PM »
Possibility...

"Gardenelli's" Sparkling Spiders  (Parody of "Martinelli's" Sparkling Cider.)

Bottle is loosely flanked on both sides by small sprigs of white and pink apple blossoms.  In the foreground stands a champagne glass, as well as a red apple resting at its base.  Spider webs covered in sparkling dew drops drape down from the top of the bottle to the blossoms, leaves, glass, and apple below. Small black spiders scuttle here and there harvesting the dew drops.  Inside both the bottle and champagne glass are a multitude of bubbles containing spiders both large and small.  The two gold medals feature stereotypical round spider webs with splayed spiders centered within.

(Note: Spiders aside, this would be a small work of art - atypical of Wackys - if rendered to make the product appear both appealing and beautiful as possible.  This isn't to suggest that most Wackys are not art; On the contrary, there most certainly are.  It is the contrast between the sparkling beauty and the multitude of spiders everywhere that would make the parody both startling and weird - and hopefully amusing.  It would be a helluva lot of dew drops and bubbles to paint, though!)

"Golden Delicious!"

« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 07:32:51 AM by Baked Bears »

Online mikecho

« Reply #217 on: October 09, 2017, 09:29:04 AM »

(For a minute there, I thought you were going to point out that this product had been parodied before.  And what's weird is, somewhere deep down, I think it was, and yet I can't find the parody anywhere.  If you happen across it, please let me know.  You and a few other forum members seem to have an encyclopedic memory of all things Wacky.  Only wish I did, too.  What I actually need is an alphabetized list of all of the real products that have been parodied before that have made it into the official Wacky pantheon.  Which would be interesting for other reasons, as well, aside from being a basic reference source.)
If you'd like to know which products have been done before, check out the Master Spreadsheet that Lavirus (Mitch) has created. It'll tell you all you need to know!

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #218 on: October 16, 2017, 05:13:15 PM »
Possibility...

"Looney Tunes" Subset

Of the Looney Tunes characters thus far, we have seen "Daffy Baking Powder" (OS 8,) "Porkay Spread" (ANS 6,) and "Bugs's Instant Rabbit Hole" (50th Anniversary.)  This being the case, why not make a subset featuring all of the Looney Tunes "stars?"

Being my time is somewhat limited with other things as of late, I am not going to post a host of possibilities in one shot, but rather one every other night or so.

So, here goes...

"Foghorn's" Coffee  (Parody of "Folgers" Coffee.)

Can features Foghorn Leghorn standing on left side, facing the right.  In his hand is a slingshot which has just been fired a split second before.  A cup of coffee has just been released from the sling (we can still see the lines of motion, as well as coffee trailing out behind the cup in a liquid stream) and is freeze-framed bonking a sleeping Barnyard Dawg (protruding from his doghouse) directly on the forehead.  Stars encircle the rapidly swelling injury.  The coffee can still features the rising sun (being roosters wake up at sunrise.)

"Brash, Rude Wake-Up Call"

"Wakes Up To 90 Pups"

"Loud Mouth'd and Overblown"

"Classic Joke"  (Or "Classic Rooster.")

"Boy, I say, rise 'n' shine, boy!"  (Foghorn, himself, is bellowing this.)

"Mild / Medium / Dark / Pitch Black"

« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 04:19:17 AM by Baked Bears »

Online mikecho

« Reply #219 on: October 16, 2017, 06:41:23 PM »
One little boo-boo here. The Wacky says "Bugs's Instant Rabbit Hole".

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #220 on: October 16, 2017, 06:55:10 PM »
Drats!

The red pen strikes again!

(Damn possessive forms ending in "s" get me yet again!)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 06:59:19 PM by Baked Bears »

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #221 on: October 17, 2017, 04:36:19 PM »
"Looney Tunes" Possibility...

"Marv Attacks"  (Or "Marvin Attacks.") (Parody of "Mars Attacks.")

Rather than a "Mars Attacks" Martian on the wrapper, Marvin the Martian is featured holding his trusty ray gun.  He means business, and his face is contorted into a menacing scowl.  In the background are a few flying saucers and the distant planet Earth (partially eclipsing Venus.)

"Space Misadventure Technobabble Gum"

"Ack! Where's the kaboom?"  (Spoken by Marvin the Martian.)

"Free Inside!  Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator!"

« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 07:52:58 AM by Baked Bears »

Online BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #222 on: October 18, 2017, 09:27:35 AM »
Now that might be your best idea yet!!
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Online mikecho

« Reply #223 on: October 18, 2017, 11:57:52 AM »
"Looney Tunes" Possibility...

"Marv Attacks"  (Or "Marvin Attacks.") (Parody of "Mars Attacks.")

Rather than a "Mars Attacks" Martian on the wrapper, Marvin the Martian is featured holding his trusty ray gun.  He means business, and his face is contorted into a menacing scowl.  In the background are a few flying saucers and the distant planet Earth (partially eclipsing Venus.)

"Space Misadventure Technobabble Gum"

"Ack! Where's the kaboom?"  (Spoken by Marvin the Martian.)

"Free Inside!  Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator!"

Did anyone ever really stop to think that the Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator is actually nothing more than a stick of dynamite? 

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #224 on: October 18, 2017, 03:31:20 PM »
Yes, but it's a really, really, really BIG stick of dynamite!

That's probably part of the joke, though, that this fancy-sounding contraption is just something plain and ordinary that one can find laying about the house, like an egg-beater, say, or a bull whip.

That, and Marvin's master plan would most certainly backfire (like so many of the best laid plans of Looney Tunes characters) if he were ever to detonate it.

Offline bigtomi

• Go Yanks! Everybody give them a thumbs down!
« Reply #225 on: October 18, 2017, 03:45:15 PM »
... just something plain and ordinary that one can find laying about the house, like ... a bull whip.
Remind me not to visit your house.   :]

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #226 on: October 18, 2017, 04:30:23 PM »
Remind me not to visit your house.   :]

Yet no mention of the dynamite?  Curious...

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #227 on: October 18, 2017, 04:57:10 PM »
"Looney Tunes" possibility...

"Yosemite Sam's"  Biscuits  (Parody of "Pillsbury Grands" Biscuits.)

Cylinder features a startled Yosemite Sam in a semi-crouched position with hands on knees.  Flames are coming from the seat of his pants.  Behind him, an angry and malicious Pillsbury Doughboy is holding a large, wooden match which is still aflame.  (The match is long and would be about the length of a baseball bat in the Doughboy's hands.  Also, both of the characters could be standing on top of large, buttered - perhaps even burnt? - biscuits.)

Addendum: Rather than portray the brown end of the cylinder ("Southern Recipe") as it is, perhaps it could be the top end of a wooden barrel of TNT (laying on its side) with a lit fuse protruding from the top?  I could be mistaken, but I seem to remember Yosemite Sam always finding himself in the vicinity of kegs or barrels of TNT.

"My biscuits are burnin'!"  (Uttered by Yosemite Sam.)

"8 Alarm Biscuits"

"Stubborn Homestyle"

"Rootin' Tootin' Recipe"

(From "Who Framed Roger Rabbit.")

« Last Edit: Today at 04:04:36 AM by Baked Bears »

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #228 on: October 18, 2017, 05:01:57 PM »
Now that might be your best idea yet!!

Thanks, Bustedfinger!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #229 on: Today at 02:27:01 AM »
Marv Attacks is a fantastic gag!

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #230 on: Today at 09:04:06 AM »
Marv Attacks is a fantastic gag!

Thank you, RawGoo.  Let's hope that someday we might actually hold it in our hands!

anything