Author Topic: Here's the real product for a Wacky Packages original sticker series 15 entry  (Read 4468 times)

Offline dth1971

This is something I saw at an antique store recently that would inspire the Playskool spoof "Slayskool Atomic Bombs":

Offline MoldRush

Great find.  I think you're right, because you can see the resemblance of the kid, his clothes and arm positions playing with the blocks (vs rocket ships).  Probably not a super rare container per se, only hard to find because Playskool cranked out SO many building sets that you're never really sure if the Topps artist was trying to match one specific package or just create their own zany kid character.

I ran into a similar situation with the ANS Lego 'Friends' parody.  Trying to see the matching real product, you had to search specifically for a kitchen set to confirm that one specific set was being parodied.  Conversely, had no luck finding an exact match for the Lego 'Ninjago' parody.

Offline Joe G.

Darryl, nice find!  I always wondered why the kid was cross eyed but there it is on the original box.

Offline dth1971

Now we wonder what the real box would match/spoof Playskull Monster Building Parts (Original Wacky Packages stickers series 13).

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
Now we wonder what the real box would match/spoof Playskull Monster Building Parts (Original Wacky Packages stickers series 13).
The Nesting Eggs box is basically a match, but the Wacky joke isn't a spoof of eggs, so who knows.

Offline MoldRush

True that Playskull makes no mention of eggs or nesting, but the depiction is nonetheless similar.  To my earlier point, it's not always easy to know if you've found an exact match.

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
You're looking for the Playskool Building (stacking) Cups set box.  This one from 1972 was recently on ebay:

www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-Vintage-Playskool-1972-Building-Stacking-Cups-in-Original-Box-/391646326238

The Nesting Eggs box is basically a match, but the Wacky joke isn't a spoof of eggs, so who knows.

Jason Liebig - A swell TV host (currently on History Channel) who used to oversee Marvel Comics' X-Men - now creator and curator of WishbookWeb.com and CollectingCandy.com, a celebration of candy packaging, marketing and the people behind it all

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
Also... It's convenient when Original Wacky Products posts are in the Original Wacky Products thread.  :-)

http://www.wackypackagesforum.com/index.php?topic=163

Can a moderator merge this one into the original?
Jason Liebig - A swell TV host (currently on History Channel) who used to oversee Marvel Comics' X-Men - now creator and curator of WishbookWeb.com and CollectingCandy.com, a celebration of candy packaging, marketing and the people behind it all

Offline MoldRush

Awesome Jason.  I've researched this myself and could never find a match.

anything