Author Topic: A Message From Roxanne Toser (2017 Spring Philly Non-Sports Card Show)  (Read 28410 times)

Offline quas

Re: A Message From Roxanne Toser (2017 Spring Philly Non-Sports Card Show)
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2017, 07:08:12 AM »
Good idea!

This was done a couple of years ago, and not repeated.  I seem to recall an extra $10 charge for being allowed to sit at that table.  There were not many attendees at that table.  Hopefully this time (1) there will be no charge and (2) even if there is, there will be many more attendees.
Marc

Offline Kook

« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2017, 07:17:08 AM »
This was done a couple of years ago, and not repeated.  I seem to recall an extra $10 charge for being allowed to sit at that table.  There were not many attendees at that table.  Hopefully this time (1) there will be no charge and (2) even if there is, there will be many more attendees.

Yes, Rob (Dr Popper) made the arrangements on behalf of all the collectors. I remember it got complicated because it took Rob a bit of effort to collect all the money & get people to sign on to the idea, and then, there were issues with a lot of people "working" at the table that didn't contribute to the "pot". I think I remember about 10 of us kicked in $20 a piece to get the table. It was several years ago, so it might have been more people & less $.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 07:24:02 AM by Kook »

Offline Swiski

« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2017, 10:54:51 AM »
Are they limiting the set to one per guest with the dinner? If not, can someone who is attending please order me a set?

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2017, 02:30:03 PM »
Are they limiting the set to one per guest with the dinner? If not, can someone who is attending please order me a set?
The "Set" will be sold at the show only is how I read it. There will a Dinner Only promo card limited to 1 per Dinner attendee. I think that is accurate info.

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2017, 06:05:03 PM »
Yes, Rob (Dr Popper) made the arrangements on behalf of all the collectors. I remember it got complicated because it took Rob a bit of effort to collect all the money & get people to sign on to the idea, and then, there were issues with a lot of people "working" at the table that didn't contribute to the "pot". I think I remember about 10 of us kicked in $20 a piece to get the table. It was several years ago, so it might have been more people & less $.
This sounds crazy!  What happened to sitting at the tables by the cafe?  Last time I sat there, someone wandered off with a binder of some of my valuable stickers years ago....but soon I think I will have pieced together the culprit and people that were in the know.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Swiski

« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2017, 05:00:48 AM »
The "Set" will be sold at the show only is how I read it. There will a Dinner Only promo card limited to 1 per Dinner attendee. I think that is accurate info.

Thanks DD! Can someone here please buy me the basic set without the extra dinner card? I will pay in advance and offer extra $ if needed. Don't want to do eBay again for these show promos if I can avoid it.

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2017, 06:19:58 AM »
This sounds crazy!  What happened to sitting at the tables by the cafe?  Last time I sat there, someone wandered off with a binder of some of my valuable stickers years ago....but soon I think I will have pieced together the culprit and people that were in the know.

Those tables suck even if we were allowed to use them for trading which we are not.

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2017, 04:49:04 PM »

Brother Shoe to the rescue, I have gotten in touch with Roxanne today and she informed me that if you want to get in touch with her, This is her e-mail addy:

roxannetoser@gmail.com

The estimated cost of the dinner is $35 per person and 1 of the 2 recommended hotels is either the Hilton or the Wingate, But to my understanding, she said the Hilton is the better of the 2 as far as a good breakfast selection and cost for the hotel itself. So now that I've done my part for today, It's all up to the rest of you who are planning on attending, As far as the dinner is concerned, She really wants the GPK/Wacky collectors to be there the most. P.S. The phone no. for the Hilton is 610-443-1419. Mention code PNS.

To any of you who have tried using the phone no. I posted here to make a reservation at the Allentown Hilton Garden Inn, I apologize to those who did. Apparently this is a fax no. Because as soon as it started to ring, there was a beeping sound. For those that want the actual no. Please send me a pm just to Pupsi-Cola.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2017, 06:16:34 PM »
I know I'm not the only one asking, but I can't make the show and would love get get a promo set (or at least just the Wackys in it).  If there is a way for attendees to pick up more than one, I'll happily reimburse any attendee to grab me a set.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2017, 03:10:27 AM »
Same here.  I have only a long shot chance of attending.

Offline Monsterettes

« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2017, 07:27:41 AM »
I'd be thrilled if anyone could buy me a set too!

Offline ratchet007

« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2017, 10:56:21 AM »
A little birdie told me that one would be able to buy as many sets as they wanted to until they're gone. I, of course, will try to help as many as I can.

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2017, 12:18:45 PM »
A little birdie told me that one would be able to buy as many sets as they wanted to until they're gone. I, of course, will try to help as many as I can.

In light of that, please add my name to the request list.

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #48 on: March 04, 2017, 02:05:26 PM »
and likewise, if there is any list at all, please add my humble request!

Offline Swiski

« Reply #49 on: March 04, 2017, 02:16:22 PM »
PM sent. Thanks!

Offline Lavirus

« Reply #50 on: March 04, 2017, 02:48:12 PM »
Do we know the contents of this set yet?

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #51 on: March 04, 2017, 03:46:33 PM »
Do we know the contents of this set yet?
for the 9 card show set my understanding is that it'll be 3 Wackys + 3 (x2) GPKs. not sure about anything else.

• Administrator
« Reply #52 on: March 08, 2017, 01:41:48 PM »
first look at George Wright's card for the Saturday night dinner crowd

http://phillynon-sportscardshow.com/dinner/

Offline Lavirus

« Reply #53 on: March 09, 2017, 04:37:44 AM »
I forgot to add my name to the list of set requests, thanks!!

Offline Beanball

« Reply #54 on: March 16, 2017, 11:16:02 AM »
Very small outside shot I could come Sunday.  Would really love to meet you and to scoop up all the good stuff the folks from Saturday left behind  8)

I have the time off of work for travel. Hope to see you all there. It's been a long time coming.

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #55 on: March 16, 2017, 12:42:31 PM »
I forgot to add my name to the list of set requests, thanks!!

Is it too late to add my name to the list of requests? Alex

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #56 on: March 16, 2017, 03:47:03 PM »
For those tired of politics, here's the pause that refreshes: Roxanne just posted images of the 9 card set for the upcoming Allentown show!

« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 06:21:02 PM by koduck »

• Administrator
« Reply #57 on: March 16, 2017, 04:54:37 PM »
For those tired of politics, here's the pause that refreshes: Roxanne just posted images of the 9 card set for the upcoming Allentown show!

Postimage seems to be glitchy this afternoon, so I'll post them as soon as it's running smoothly again.
thanks for the heads up! you sent me on a hunt... and I finally found them

here's a link to an image, to avoid spoilers
https://s2.postimg.cc/jbu85rcd3/NSP.jpg
« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 01:00:19 PM by Fanatical_and_Sickly »

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #58 on: March 16, 2017, 06:15:32 PM »
Nice! These were illustrated by the six artists who will be in attendance, yes?

Addendum:  Oh, and interesting and good idea - poking fun at the hobby itself!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 07:24:08 PM by Baked Bears »

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #59 on: March 16, 2017, 06:48:43 PM »
That's correct: me, Joe Simko, Smokin' Joe, Layron Dejarnette, Chad Scheres and Jeff Zapata.

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #60 on: March 17, 2017, 07:21:36 AM »
thanks for the heads up! you sent me on a hunt... and I finally found them

here's a link to an image, to avoid spoilers
https://s2.postimg.org/jbu85rcd3/NSP.jpg

Why do they have dups of the GPK cards and not the Wacky's - seems ODD or Wacky...they should have 9 unique cards...am i missing something... :o :o :o

Offline quas

« Reply #61 on: March 17, 2017, 07:49:50 AM »
Why do they have dups of the GPK cards and not the Wacky's - seems ODD or Wacky...they should have 9 unique cards...am i missing something... :o :o :o

I agree - why have picture dupes for 3 GPK cards (even though the names are different within each GPK pair) and not 9 unique cards.  Either 5 Wacky and 4 GPK, or 4 Wacky and 5 GPK.  But it is what it is............
Marc

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #62 on: March 17, 2017, 10:54:42 AM »
Why do they have dups of the GPK cards and not the Wacky's
Isn't that the trademark of GPKs? They always do two with the same art and different names? an (a) and (b) version, yes?

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #63 on: March 17, 2017, 03:13:11 PM »
Isn't that the trademark of GPKs? They always do two with the same art and different names? an (a) and (b) version, yes?

Yep, GPK has been printed that way since their very first series.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #64 on: March 17, 2017, 03:14:07 PM »
Yep, GPK has been printed that way since their very first series - think that was 1985.

Offline Soremel

« Reply #65 on: March 21, 2017, 09:09:07 PM »
Hello All!

I asked Roxanne about the availability of the dinner promo cards for non-attendees. After a lengthy deliberation, she and the Non-Sport team decided that they are keeping it an exclusive promo for the attendees of the dinner only. :sad:

And now, to prove that I'm really A-Jerk... here's a sneak peek snippet of the finished art (Y'all have permission to slap me at the show... but you will have to wait in line... slaps are first come, first slap!)

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #66 on: March 23, 2017, 07:49:33 PM »
Hello All!

I asked Roxanne about the availability of the dinner promo cards for non-attendees. After a lengthy deliberation, she and the Non-Sport team decided that they are keeping it an exclusive promo for the attendees of the dinner only. :sad:

And now, to prove that I'm really A-Jerk... here's a sneak peek snippet of the finished art (Y'all have permission to slap me at the show... but you will have to wait in line... slaps are first come, first slap!)

1st of all, I think it's a great decision that only attendees of the dinner get the promo card, And 2nd I'm not going to allow anyone to slap you-LOL.

• Administrator
« Reply #67 on: April 05, 2017, 08:59:21 PM »
there's also a Wacky/GPK Card Talk event on Sunday morning that needs to be signed up for by next week, if interested.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/garbage-pail-kidswacky-packages-panel-april-2017-philly-non-sports-card-show-tickets-33010039918

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #68 on: April 23, 2017, 06:57:40 PM »

Just letting all of you that are interested in one of the Wacky/GPK sets to know that I was able with the help of my wife Janet to pick up 4 sets. 1 has been given to Andrew (Dr. Deal) the 2nd one will be mailed to John (Ruffs) and the 3rd one will be sent out to Brian (Brute 88). As for my 4th one, that one is pending cause I just sent a message to the member to see if she was interested in it, I'll post the other person soon.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #69 on: April 24, 2017, 03:52:18 AM »

Just letting all of you that are interested in one of the Wacky/GPK sets to know that I was able with the help of my wife Janet to pick up 4 sets. 1 has been given to Andrew (Dr. Deal) the 2nd one will be mailed to John (Ruffs) and the 3rd one will be sent out to Brian (Brute 88). As for my 4th one, that one is pending cause I just sent a message to the member to see if she was interested in it, I'll post the other person soon.

Mark,

Thanks a million. You are the best!

Andrew