Author Topic: A Message From Roxanne Toser (2017 Spring Philly Non-Sports Card Show)  (Read 28407 times)

Offline Soremel

Hello All!

I've been away from the forum for a while (sketching my brains out! LOL!) Yesterday, I received a request from Roxanne Toser. She asked me to post the information listed below on this forum since she is not a member. If any questions arise, I can contact her and relay her replies to this thread.

Best Regards,
George

The theme of the April 22 & 23 Philly Non-Sports Card Show will be Wackys and GPK.. Roxanne will be selling a very limited Topps licensed Promo Card set done by and for the attending artists. There will be a limited dinner Saturday night at the Hilton. Hope to see many of you at the show. Follow the Philly Show Facebook page for details and the Philly site (currently being revamped).

Offline quas

Re: A Message From Roxanne Toser (2017 Spring Philly Non-Sports Card Show)
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2017, 07:15:23 AM »
Hello All!

I've been away from the forum for a while (sketching my brains out! LOL!) Yesterday, I received a request from Roxanne Toser. She asked me to post the information listed below on this forum since she is not a member. If any questions arise, I can contact her and relay her replies to this thread.

Best Regards,
George

The theme of the April 22 & 23 Philly Non-Sports Card Show will be Wackys and GPK.. Roxanne will be selling a very limited Topps licensed Promo Card set done by and for the attending artists. There will be a limited dinner Saturday night at the Hilton. Hope to see many of you at the show. Follow the Philly Show Facebook page for details and the Philly site (currently being revamped).

Thanks George.  Would like to understand exactly what she means by "limited" when she says "limited dinner."
Marc

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2017, 10:16:23 AM »
Thanks George.  Would like to understand exactly what she means by "limited" when she says "limited dinner."

Dude - it means no food just drinks!!and Wacky Talk of course... :o :o :o

Offline quas

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2017, 10:31:47 AM »
Dude - it means no food just drinks!!and Wacky Talk of course... :o :o :o

I thought it might have meant limited to a certain number of people like 20..........just thinking that different people could mean different things by the phrase........
Marc

Offline Soremel

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2017, 10:36:49 AM »
I thought it might have meant limited to a certain number of people like 20..........just thinking that different people could mean different things by the phrase........

I was thinking the same thing, Marc. Kind of like the 6th dinner that we attended... but that's my assumption... I will pass on Roxanne's explanation when I receive it.

Offline Soremel

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2017, 10:37:58 AM »
I meant to type "60th dinner" in my previous post/reply!

Offline Scheres

• toyghoul.com
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2017, 10:40:05 AM »
I think it means Limited as in the amount of people attending. I was asked if I needed an additional seat, but just me going to this one.

Offline ratchet007

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2017, 12:33:38 PM »
I wanna know how to get the Limited Promo Set! Is it only available at the show? Can we pre-order? How much will it cost?

Offline Soremel

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2017, 06:44:07 AM »
Good Morning!

Here are Roxanne's responses to the inquiries that arose yesterday...

1. The promo set can be pre-ordered but will not be available until the show (pick-up at the show or mailed right after). Not sure of the price yet.
2.  The dinner will be at the Hilton and we are limited as to how many people can attend. We will announce the price and it will be on a first-come basis.

Offline ratchet007

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2017, 12:57:15 PM »
Thanks George. If you get any more details please post.

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2017, 04:00:32 PM »
I wanna know how to get the Limited Promo Set!
my understanding of the promo set is that it'll be 3 Wacky + 3 (x2) GPK, for the set of 9.

Offline dth1971

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2017, 11:00:22 AM »
This is to tie in with the 50th. anniversary of Wacky Packages?

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2017, 04:02:38 PM »
Do you have to register for the show or how does that work - Virgin here.... teeee heee heeee

Offline quas

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2017, 05:30:25 PM »
Do you have to register for the show or how does that work - Virgin here.... teeee heee heeee

No, just show up and pay the admission.  Early arrival is recommended!
Marc

Offline ratchet007

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2017, 12:08:59 PM »
Good Morning!

Here are Roxanne's responses to the inquiries that arose yesterday...

1. The promo set can be pre-ordered but will not be available until the show (pick-up at the show or mailed right after). Not sure of the price yet.
2.  The dinner will be at the Hilton and we are limited as to how many people can attend. We will announce the price and it will be on a first-come basis.

Any info anyone can share on how we pre-order the promo set?

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2017, 03:18:47 PM »
Any updates on the dinner? Will there be a dinner specific Wacky Promo?

Andrew

Offline quas

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2017, 03:38:19 PM »
Any updates on the dinner? Will there be a dinner specific Wacky Promo?

Andrew

Matt Stock and I will be setting up tables at the show and we don't have any new info at this point.  If I hear anything new I will share it.
Marc

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2017, 12:51:04 PM »
I was thinking the same thing, Marc. Kind of like the 6th dinner that we attended... but that's my assumption... I will pass on Roxanne's explanation when I receive it.

Although we are still 2 months out from this show, I think we definitely need an answer within the next 2-3 weeks. I'm sure for those who haven't made a show in quite a while, They have a lot of preparing to do.

Offline Swiski

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2017, 12:56:21 PM »
Anyone know what happened to Non Sport Update website? It hasn't been updated in a long time.

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2017, 02:19:08 PM »
Anyone know what happened to Non Sport Update website? It hasn't been updated in a long time.

The Tosers sold NSU so I would assume that site will be defunct.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2017, 07:09:10 PM »
I'm curious to learn more about the promo set as well.  Unfortunately, no way I can attend the show, but would love to pick up any Wacky promos.

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2017, 12:16:55 PM »
I am planning on attending and The Tosser Dinner - What do I have to do next?

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2017, 03:35:12 PM »
This is probably the one and only time I make it to the Allentown show, so I hope to see as many of you there as possible. It would be great to finally put a face to the names!

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2017, 03:35:09 AM »
That is just DUCKY!

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2017, 10:54:00 AM »
That is just DUCKY!

Brother Shoe to the rescue, I have gotten in touch with Roxanne today and she informed me that if you want to get in touch with her, This is her e-mail addy:

roxannetoser@gmail.com

The estimated cost of the dinner is $35 per person and 1 of the 2 recommended hotels is either the Hilton or the Wingate, But to my understanding, she said the Hilton is the better of the 2 as far as a good breakfast selection and cost for the hotel itself. So now that I've done my part for today, It's all up to the rest of you who are planning on attending, As far as the dinner is concerned, She really wants the GPK/Wacky collectors to be there the most. P.S. The phone no. for the Hilton is 610-443-1419. Mention code PNS.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2017, 11:21:12 AM »

Brother Shoe to the rescue, I have gotten in touch with Roxanne today and she informed me that if you want to get in touch with her, This is her e-mail addy:

roxannetoser@gmail.com

The estimated cost of the dinner is $35 per person and 1 of the 2 recommended hotels is either the Hilton or the Wingate, But to my understanding, she said the Hilton is the better of the 2 as far as a good breakfast selection and cost for the hotel itself. So now that I've done my part for today, It's all up to the rest of you who are planning on attending, As far as the dinner is concerned, She really wants the GPK/Wacky collectors to be there the most. P.S. The phone no. for the Hilton is 610-443-1419. Mention code PNS.

I want SO badly to attend!!  But, I fear that family obligations will prevent my participation.  I wish we had working Star Trek transporters so I could get back in a few minutes if an emergency were to arise.   :'(

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2017, 01:30:53 PM »

roxannetoser@gmail.com

Do we know how many seats there are for dinner and how many are filled so far...its ok  if you don't know - i will ask her directly....thx
Dinner is at what location?

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2017, 02:57:57 PM »
This is probably the one and only time I make it to the Allentown show, so I hope to see as many of you there as possible. It would be great to finally put a face to the names!
Very small outside shot I could come Sunday.  Would really love to meet you and to scoop up all the good stuff the folks from Saturday left behind  8)
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2017, 05:01:58 PM »
Do we know how many seats there are for dinner and how many are filled so far...its ok  if you don't know - i will ask her directly....thx
Dinner is at what location?

Dinner is at the Hilton, and I believe she told me it seats about 50 or so.

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2017, 05:04:08 PM »
I want SO badly to attend!!  But, I fear that family obligations will prevent my participation.  I wish we had working Star Trek transporters so I could get back in a few minutes if an emergency were to arise.   :'(

I hope you can make it Pat.

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2017, 09:41:10 PM »
See you there

Offline Soremel

« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2017, 08:44:54 AM »
I just received an email from Roxanne this morning with some more detailed info regarding the promo sets and event dinner...

The 9-card promo sets will only be available for sale at the actual Philly Non-Sports Card Show on April 22 & 23. (No pre-sales or post sales) The cost will be $25 per set and the set is being done by and for the artists: Smokin' Joe, Chad Scheres, Layron DeJarnette, Joe Simko, Jeff Zapata and Neil Camera.

Regarding the dinner... I really want GPK and Wacky collectors to have first chance. The dinner is Saturday evening, April 22 at 6:30 at the Hilton Garden Inn. The cost is $35 pp and anyone who's interested in attending should contact me to be on the list roxannetoser@gmail.com. There will be a special promo only available at the dinner. They will be contacted when it's time to pay.

Offline Swiski

« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2017, 09:53:20 AM »
Are they limiting the set to one per guest with the dinner? If not, can someone who is attending please order me a set?

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2017, 02:52:06 PM »
George, this is great info, thanks for passing it along to us from Roxanne.

I actually have something I'd appreciate you passing back to her: Being as this is a special show for GPK/Wacky Pack collectors, might it be possible to have a table set up for said collectors to trade and congregate? I know that, personally, I consider this a big help and attraction to attend the show. If there's no space to do so, I understand, but it would be a boon to set aside such a spot, particularly on this occasion. Thanks!

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2017, 07:03:57 AM »
George, this is great info, thanks for passing it along to us from Roxanne.

I actually have something I'd appreciate you passing back to her: Being as this is a special show for GPK/Wacky Pack collectors, might it be possible to have a table set up for said collectors to trade and congregate? I know that, personally, I consider this a big help and attraction to attend the show. If there's no space to do so, I understand, but it would be a boon to set aside such a spot, particularly on this occasion. Thanks!
Good idea!