Author Topic: Topps Wacky Packages Available for 24 Hours Only  (Read 234943 times)

Offline Scheres

• toyghoul.com
Re: Topps Wacky Packages Available for 24 Hours Only
« Reply #875 on: June 30, 2017, 08:12:12 PM »
Most of the online cards show up on ebay for a little less than offered on the Topps site. So instead of being forced to buy the whole set, just go to ebay and buy the ones you want. I see them listed from one seller for 9.50 shipped or make offer.

Offline dth1971

« Reply #876 on: July 01, 2017, 05:47:40 AM »
Three more today

Charkea Grape Griller Bowl - JungHwa Im/concept Chad Scheres
Underarm Unicorn Armpit Hair Dye - JungHwa Im
Lynch Lighter - Chad Scheres

(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)

Picture problems on the forum for Toops site Wacky entries this morning?

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #877 on: July 01, 2017, 06:38:48 AM »
I agree with Andrew and many others - WPs have gotten to be the bastard child and GPKs is the favorite child....... SAD when you think it was the WPs "that started this whole train a runnin' "

Richard

Online Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #878 on: July 01, 2017, 07:12:38 AM »
Picture problems on the forum for Toops site Wacky entries this morning?
that's somehow caused by Topps. I hotlink to images on their website in my posts.
And that works fine for awhile, but eventually the image link is broken - but only when trying to view them on a mobile device.
Images still show up fine when using a Desktop.
I've now uploaded the images to postimage.org, and they should be viewable on mobile devices again.

Online DrSushi

« Reply #879 on: July 01, 2017, 01:42:05 PM »
Presented and sold desires:
  • Bundled by Brand, not GPK & Wacky combined

If Topps continues to bundle GPK & Wackys, could your buyer's club team up with some GPK collectors to split purchases? That obviously may make things too complicated.

• Administrator
« Reply #880 on: July 02, 2017, 07:10:46 AM »
Yes, but even if they break the bundle into two brands, we are still going to be stuck with and paying for ALL of the WP titles.  Fine for the Premiere Club, not so good for the Economy Club.
true. The only thing we really need is the option to purchase individual titles - with bulk discount.
If we have bulk discount, they can bundle however they want, as we won't care (much).

Back to Dave's question:  As far as what else I'd like to see from these sets, for me i've enjoyed most of the Event themes so far - Holidays, Movies, TV, Music, Inauguration. Ones I didn't care for were the Lord of the Flyes and Comey Comedy sets (so glad there were no Wacky's in that one). These Events seemed to work well for both brands and made some sense to bundle the two different brands together.
Obvious Event coming up soon is SDCC. GPKs have done that one before, but WP's have not.

Outside of Event themes, perhaps small groupings of traditional Wacky's, not tied to an Event or oddball news items. Basic things such as Cereals, Monster themed, Sodas, Soaps, etc.
Maybe a set of just Attacky Packages from Neil.
GPKs would have their own themes on these weeks, no reason that the two brands have to be in lock-step every set.

I see the irony in all this, as I was one that disliked the 50th set because it was just a pile of themed subsets. And here I am helping promote the idea of themed sets for these online cards. Even so, I still believe the national releases should *not* just be a bundle of themed cards. I still want puzzle backs and checklist cards in the regular series sets.

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #881 on: July 06, 2017, 10:52:31 AM »
Okay, I've been holding my breath and crossing my fingers for a week, now.  Could today be the day of reckoning, the new Age of the Bundle?

• Administrator
« Reply #882 on: July 06, 2017, 10:58:23 AM »
Okay, I've been holding my breath and crossing my fingers for a week, now.  Could today be the day of reckoning, the new Age of the Bundle?
I think Friday
The set site was updated and says 'check tomorrow ', vs the usual 'check back soon '

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #883 on: July 06, 2017, 02:25:54 PM »
Cool to see Chad's card as the last single card sold.  That is an honor.  Fingers crossed for what comes next..........

• Administrator
« Reply #884 on: July 06, 2017, 03:16:48 PM »
Cool to see Chad's card as the last single card sold.  That is an honor.  Fingers crossed for what comes next..........
Topps has started selling a few of their bundle sets this week with a minimal bulk discount. First time ever for that. It's not much: 1 set @ $20 and 3 sets @ $50.

What we all really want though, is single cards with discounts!! Crossing my fingers.

Offline Scheres

• toyghoul.com
« Reply #885 on: July 06, 2017, 03:22:54 PM »
Yes, Thanks! I too am anxious to see what's next.

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #886 on: July 07, 2017, 09:50:34 AM »
Tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock...

• Administrator
« Reply #887 on: July 07, 2017, 09:54:17 AM »
Tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock...
Still says "check back tomorrow", maybe we'll always be in a perpetual waiting game...

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #888 on: July 07, 2017, 10:33:59 AM »
Ah, it's probably just taking Topps a little bit more extra time to wrap up GPK, WP, Preacher, Walking Dead, Star Wars, MLB, etc. into one giant bundle.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #889 on: July 07, 2017, 02:39:48 PM »
Ah, it's probably just taking Topps a little bit more extra time to wrap up GPK, WP, Preacher, Walking Dead, Star Wars, MLB, etc. into one giant bundle.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWHqLJHss9U" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWHqLJHss9U</a>

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #890 on: July 07, 2017, 03:59:08 PM »
A week without Wackies.......... >( >( >( :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Please don't do anything rash, Andrew!  It's going to be difficult at first, but your system needs to clean itself out.  Remember, we're all here if you need to talk.  (Plus, we now have Jurassic Park videos to help keep your mind on other things.)

Offline Scheres

• toyghoul.com
« Reply #891 on: July 08, 2017, 11:29:51 AM »
GPK & WACKY PACKAGES 4TH OF JULY - PRINT RUN 119 SETS. Only 119 sets sold. Wonder if they would have sold more if offered individual. Being offered for a week didn't boost sales.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #892 on: July 08, 2017, 11:53:09 AM »
GPK & WACKY PACKAGES 4TH OF JULY - PRINT RUN 119 SETS. Only 119 sets sold. Wonder if they would have sold more if offered individual. Being offered for a week didn't boost sales.

I've stopped looking at Topps emails that don't include Wackys in the title.  Not even sure what I missed here.

• Administrator
« Reply #893 on: July 08, 2017, 11:58:05 AM »
I've stopped looking at Topps emails that don't include Wackys in the title.  Not even sure what I missed here.
this was the set that went on sale more than a week ago - the Washington Grill, Lincoln Legs and Fourth Fingers
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 05:09:44 AM by Fanatical_and_Sickly »

• Administrator
« Reply #894 on: July 09, 2017, 05:26:22 AM »
Interesting to see a bunch of Daily Wakies being resold for $3.99 to $4.99 each or best offer. These cost us $4.00 right? I know I sold some of mine cheap
to "thin the herd" ; but Is that what these other sales are about also? I can't see a dealer bothering with these cards if they only make $1 or $2 per card.

Andrew
I think you're referring to all of those listed yesterday at $4.99 OBO by Rockholt?
Rockholt runs the GPKnews website and I'm sure he's purchased every bundle over the months to get the best price for the GPK cards.
He's likely 'thinning the herd', so to speak, dumping all the Wacky's and keeping all the GPK's. Definitely 'below cost' sell prices.
I've sold off some GPKs I've gotten in the Event bundles the same way. Don't want them, and getting something for them is better than nothing.

Offline bwing

« Reply #895 on: July 10, 2017, 09:33:20 AM »
Am I the only one that was pleased that we didn't have any new Wacky's last week?

The cards were hit and miss regarding quality and at $9.99 a piece (without the club discount), these were getting costly.

I would rather have Topps focus on a New Set (maybe more than 1 a year!!!) rather than putting out these daily cards that, in my opinion, are getting tired.

Offline Swiski

« Reply #896 on: July 11, 2017, 12:55:23 PM »
Looks like Topps "grabbed their toys and ran home" They don't want to play anymore, as evident with the lack of online offerings of late.

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #897 on: July 11, 2017, 01:31:55 PM »
Am I the only one that was pleased that we didn't have any new Wacky's last week?

The cards were hit and miss regarding quality and at $9.99 a piece (without the club discount), these were getting costly.

I would rather have Topps focus on a New Set (maybe more than 1 a year!!!) rather than putting out these daily cards that, in my opinion, are getting tired.

Definitely understand your sentiments and would agree in part.  Without the daily Wackys, I wouldn't have a couple of really nice cards.  On the other hand, at least half of the total titles I could probably have lived without.

• Administrator
« Reply #898 on: July 11, 2017, 04:58:25 PM »
It was nice to have a little break, but would hope Topps has enough folks that they can both walk and chew Gadzooka at the same time - i.e. knock out some small event sets here and there and still work on big picture national releases and OLDS sets.

info for everyone - Master Lists for all the daily lines are complete and have had their final updates

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #899 on: July 12, 2017, 08:49:05 AM »
I believe there are small event sets in the works, for various things, so the Wacky flame is still alive and well!

Offline dth1971

« Reply #900 on: July 15, 2017, 04:45:01 AM »
Maybe an exclusing Topps Wacky Package might show up at the 2017 San Diego Comic-Con if Topps takes part in it.

• Administrator
« Reply #901 on: July 15, 2017, 06:50:45 AM »
Maybe an exclusing Topps Wacky Package might show up at the 2017 San Diego Comic-Con if Topps takes part in it.
Topps is on the list of vendor's and their booth is apparently a small piece of the Lucasfilm massive floorspace footprint. I still have not seen any announcements for exclusives of any kind for them. They've done Star Wars cards the last few years, so there should at least be that.

I mentioned SDCC earlier as an upcoming event that could easily have an online set. We had a Philly show set this year, so why not SDCC and NYCC too?

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #902 on: July 17, 2017, 12:47:02 PM »
I think Way-Out Packages is my favorite of the whole bunch.  It's got Gadzooka (with futuristic jokes and an alien), the Melty Way alien, and it's a good gag.  To be perfect though, it should have been 1 million quatloos.  Just my humble opinion  :P

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #903 on: July 19, 2017, 06:07:25 AM »
I think Way-Out Packages is my favorite of the whole bunch.  It's got Gadzooka (with futuristic jokes and an alien), the Melty Way alien, and it's a good gag.  To be perfect though, it should have been 1 million quatloos.  Just my humble opinion  :P
Totally agree. Best title in the run!
Maybe we get some new sets today. 

• Administrator
« Reply #904 on: July 19, 2017, 06:36:19 AM »
Totally agree. Best title in the run!
Maybe we get some new sets today.
Agree, great close-out to the run.

SDCC starts tonight with preview night, seems like a good Event for cards. Wait and watch.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #905 on: July 19, 2017, 07:31:01 AM »
Surprised I didn't get some Star Trek fans to comment on quatloos - maybe because it is too late.  That was from an episode aired right around when Wackys started.

Offline quas

« Reply #906 on: July 19, 2017, 09:32:05 AM »
Surprised I didn't get some Star Trek fans to comment on quatloos - maybe because it is too late.  That was from an episode aired right around when Wackys started.

I'm old.  "The Gamesters of Triskelion."
Marc

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #907 on: July 19, 2017, 10:18:43 AM »
I am on vacation this week at the Jersey Shore. It would be great to see a well done Wacky set offered for sale this week. I miss the "daily reveal " aspect of the 24hour sale Wacky's. It was great to know at some point during the afternoon Tues - Thurs you would find at least one new card offered.
Wacky On-Demand Withdrawal I guess is what I am experiencing at present.  :'(

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #908 on: July 19, 2017, 11:51:43 AM »

Or, perhaps, gold pressed latinum.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

• Administrator
« Reply #909 on: July 19, 2017, 03:04:12 PM »
It would be great to see a well done Wacky set offered for sale this week.
I'm getting a very strong feeling about some sort of an SDCC set.   :clock:

anything