Author Topic: Topps Wacky Packages Available for 24 Hours Only  (Read 233243 times)

Offline Joe G.

Re: Topps Wacky Packages Available for 24 Hours Only
« Reply #667 on: May 18, 2017, 11:19:00 AM »
https://www.topps.com/shop-entertainment-brands/garbage-pail-kids/gpk-network-spews/view-martian-wacky-packages-network-spews.html

Neil, fun stuff!  I didn't even see that Martian sightings were back in the news but they're certainly a perennial favorite!

Offline Scheres

• toyghoul.com
« Reply #668 on: May 18, 2017, 11:29:23 AM »
Love View martian!

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #669 on: May 18, 2017, 11:42:07 AM »
Is that you Neil? hope its part of the ECON CLUB???
For everyone but you Joe.  >:D
Your Club membership has been...
wait
for
it

Cancelled!!!

Kidding

This is one of those titles we should be buying extras of to boost the sales numbers
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 01:41:18 PM by Fanatical_and_Sickly »

• Administrator
« Reply #671 on: May 18, 2017, 01:44:49 PM »
Two sweet titles today, both from Neil

TOP SECRET - Neil Camera
VIEW MARTIAN - Neil Camera

Offline HENRY.R

« Reply #672 on: May 18, 2017, 01:53:34 PM »
Neil hit both of these titles out of the ballpark. very nice  :great: :great: :great:

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #673 on: May 18, 2017, 01:55:15 PM »
Two sweet titles today, both from Neil

TOP SECRET - Neil Camera
VIEW MARTIAN - Neil Camera

(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)

Both very, very impressive!  Well done!  Bravo!

"View-Martian," in particular, really goes above and beyond.  This title was not only knocked out of the ballpark, but launched into orbit.  The really cool thing about this card is, despite any associations it may have with current events, it can also stand on its own in nearly any WP set, past, present, and future.  A true, full-blooded Wacky!  The inclusion of the disc and flying saucer was also a nice touch.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 02:06:13 PM by Baked Bears »

Offline bwing

« Reply #674 on: May 18, 2017, 02:11:54 PM »
NOW THOSE ARE MORE LIKE IT!!!!

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #675 on: May 18, 2017, 02:18:46 PM »
Topps On-Demand Wacky's Return to Form!  Let's hope this is the beginning of a bright period.

• Administrator
« Reply #676 on: May 18, 2017, 02:35:47 PM »
I ordered 10 extra ViewMartians to help push the sales numbers on this. Letting Topps know to keep these glorious Wackys coming!

if anyone wants one, or some, of the ViewMartians just $5 each, plus postage    :great:
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 04:34:12 PM by Fanatical_and_Sickly »

Offline Brian Mc

« Reply #677 on: May 18, 2017, 02:37:18 PM »
Im confused. Im not used to these authentic looking Wackys​.  :P
Brian Mc

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #678 on: May 18, 2017, 03:09:36 PM »
I ordered 10 extra ViewMartians to help push the sales numbers on this. Letting Topps know to keep these glorious Wackys coming!

if anyone wants one, or some, just $5 each, plus postage    :great:

Drat! You should've sent that dough my way and I'd make sure to keep them coming! ;) JK!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #679 on: May 18, 2017, 03:21:02 PM »
Both very, very impressive!  Well done!  Bravo!

"View-Martian," in particular, really goes above and beyond.  This title was not only knocked out of the ballpark, but launched into orbit.  The really cool thing about this card is, despite any associations it may have with current events, it can also stand on its own in nearly any WP set, past, present, and future.  A true, full-blooded Wacky!  The inclusion of the disc and flying saucer was also a nice touch.

This card has no associations with current events!!  It is just an awesome Wacky!!!

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #680 on: May 18, 2017, 03:42:19 PM »

if anyone wants one, or some, just $5 each, plus postage    :great:

I'll take two to help our cause, Patrick.  Thanks!

Offline Scheres

• toyghoul.com
« Reply #681 on: May 18, 2017, 05:11:57 PM »

if anyone wants one, or some, of the ViewMartians just $5 each, plus postage    :great:
I'll take one if still available!

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #682 on: May 18, 2017, 05:28:10 PM »
Patrick,

If nobody buys anymore from you, I'll take three more of these - for a grand total of 5 cards (excluding my BBC card.)

If you do sell out, though, I'll still take my original two (unless somebody else wishes to have them.)  Then I'm going to purchase 10 more from Topps - for both the cause and as a small future investment (which I figure can't hurt, being they are a limited run never to be printed again.  I'm fairly confidant that in a few years from now, they'll be worth far more than $5 - being the going rate right now is $9.99.)

Please keep me posted, if you wouldn't mind, either on this thread or by PM.

Thanks again!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 05:46:21 PM by Baked Bears »

• Administrator
« Reply #683 on: May 18, 2017, 05:41:07 PM »
Rob,
Only 3 spoken for, so you can get 5. Takes it up to 8.
If there are enough additional takers, I'll try to work an order if 20, and see if I can get the lower price.

• Administrator
« Reply #684 on: May 18, 2017, 09:25:42 PM »
I'll take one if still available!
you got it - one reserved for you.

2 more available  - your Mars Attacks set is incomplete without one

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #685 on: May 19, 2017, 03:35:05 AM »
you got it - one reserved for you.

2 more available  - your Mars Attacks set is incomplete without one

I'll take one Patrick.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #686 on: May 19, 2017, 05:06:27 AM »
Pat,
If there are any more I will do one.
JOE

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #687 on: May 19, 2017, 06:45:51 AM »
Pat,
If there are any more I will do one.
JOE

I will take one or 2 if there's any left...lmk add to my others...

• Administrator
« Reply #688 on: May 19, 2017, 06:59:23 AM »
I will take one or 2 if there's any left...lmk add to my others...
there was 1 left - and it's yours now.

still a few hours left to make an additional order, if there's big enough interest

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #689 on: May 19, 2017, 08:56:34 AM »
there was 1 left - and it's yours now.

still a few hours left to make an additional order, if there's big enough interest

i am down for another one - if you start a new buy lot...

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #690 on: May 19, 2017, 10:23:07 AM »
So here's the big question concerning the online sets. Let's say there was a normal Wacky Packages card up for the day. Does that sell better than a Trump card? They were regularly selling between 200-300 for quite awhile. Once Jungwha started doing the majority of them they've dropped to roughly 110-150. So...is it the art, the subject matter, both?

So let's say a card like this appeared.

Would it sell better or does it need Trump to get a base of at least 100. I wonder if there is a base that buys it BECAUSE of Trump and the remaining people are the normal fan base. Is it 100 or so WITH Trump and also 100 or so WITHOUT Trump. It's no longer 200+ without one or the another. That's the question.

Offline bwing

« Reply #691 on: May 19, 2017, 10:53:11 AM »
First, I would buy that card immediately!!!

And NO MORE TRUMP - its just not that funny anymore

A Wacky a day doing product spoofs (that have nothing to do with Politics) - SIGN ME UP

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #692 on: May 19, 2017, 12:06:22 PM »
First, I would buy that card immediately!!!

And NO MORE TRUMP - its just not that funny anymore

A Wacky a day doing product spoofs (that have nothing to do with Politics) - SIGN ME UP

I agree except they should 2 more with Trumpster- about the Ice Cream and the Steak - those would be funny - IM sure Dave or Neil would kill those... :] :] :] :] :]

Offline Scheres

• toyghoul.com
« Reply #693 on: May 19, 2017, 12:31:45 PM »
I would buy them everyday if there was No Trump and the art is good. But only in the bulk deal, I can't afford 10 bucks for one card.

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #694 on: May 19, 2017, 12:56:26 PM »
So here's the big question concerning the online sets. Let's say there was a normal Wacky Packages card up for the day. Does that sell better than a Trump card? They were regularly selling between 200-300 for quite awhile. Once Jungwha started doing the majority of them they've dropped to roughly 110-150. So...is it the art, the subject matter, both?

Would it sell better or does it need Trump to get a base of at least 100. I wonder if there is a base that buys it BECAUSE of Trump and the remaining people are the normal fan base. Is it 100 or so WITH Trump and also 100 or so WITHOUT Trump. It's no longer 200+ without one or the another. That's the question.

When these were introduced, I expected that they would be the non-sports equivalent of the Topps NOW cards where an item was taken from the current news and somehow given the WP or GPK's treatment. So given that that is the premise... some politics is inevitable. And I think most of us would be okay with that if perhaps the politically oriented ones didn't come so frequently, and so (ahem) artistically unwelcome. I may be in the minority, but I love a good political jab now and then. Take the recent TOP SECRET title from Neil. I can't see any of the hard core WP fanatics here having a negative reaction to that one. It's tied into an actual product in true WP tradition and it's a great gag but doesn't wreak of a political agenda. Just a nice jab and out.

I am not a hard-core fanatic about the border or die cut issues, but WPs have always been about great, fun artwork. You and Neil, amongst others, consistently deliver in that regards. Personally, I would really like to see more WP cards based on other news events other than politics in the same vane as the GPK Grammy cards and that ilk. I know not every WP collector is a news hound that keeps abreast of everything on a daily basis. And given the premise of these cards stated earlier, these may not be for them.

I usually only collect GPK base releases and have not been buying the new GPK cards. As I have seen them roll out Trump after Trump card, I keep thinking to myself, when will the GPK fans get sick of this repetitiveness. I think the WP fans have a lower threshold and have already hit that point. So to summarize, keep doing some politics but tone down the percentage and keep the artwork high quality and the gags, nice and gaggy.  I think most of the contributing artists have been doing that, save for one. I would guess somewhere up the chain someone is asking for this high quantity and accepting the low quality. They are the one(s) to be reminded of what WPs are about.

Sco(o)t singing off after his best BAKED BEARS wordy words homage.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 01:17:43 PM by sco(o)t »
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #695 on: May 19, 2017, 01:00:24 PM »

Dump the Dump Trump Campaign Please. Just give us Real Wackies.

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #696 on: May 19, 2017, 01:51:26 PM »
Sco(o)t signing off after his best BAKED BEARS wordy words homage.

You go, Sco(o)t!  :great: :great: :great:

• Administrator
« Reply #697 on: May 19, 2017, 04:19:00 PM »
What Scot said.

Topps tried to milk their Golden Goose, and that never ends well.

1. 4-6 quality titles a week. Stay with quality over quantity and gain our trust, and wallets, back.

2. More Wacky, less political. It was fun for awhile, but it reached saturation and Topps lost their dealer and bulk buyers. I think a balance of current event themed Wackys, a political Wacky or two, some standard Wackys and maybe a Neil Attacky Pack thrown in once in a while, would be good. With a focus on real products, and having a mix of artists.

• Administrator
« Reply #698 on: May 20, 2017, 05:47:40 AM »
Just received some more of the online cards in the mail - and Spews #56 has the wrong banner on the back.
Our first error card, I believe.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #699 on: May 20, 2017, 07:18:06 AM »
Just received some more of the online cards in the mail - and Spews #56 has the wrong banner on the back.
Our first error card, I believe.

(Image removed from quote.)

Lovely - and I assume because they were POD they can't correct them.

anything