Author Topic: Topps Wacky Packages Available for 24 Hours Only  (Read 235540 times)

Offline Kook

Re: Topps Wacky Packages Available for 24 Hours Only
« Reply #595 on: May 11, 2017, 03:21:07 PM »

I guess with Topps keeping this up, there is no way to keep politics out of the Wacky discussions. 
 Topps - PLEASE STOP!!!!!!!!

I totally agree with your request. Politics don't belong in wackys.

I wouldn't hold out much hope that fan requests on this issue will be entertained. Considering how calculating Topps is regarding their numbers, I'm sure they've done the math and have figured consequential lost wacky sales to be a number they can live with in order to promote their message. It's not really a bell you can unring at this point. It only seems to be escalating.

After all, it is their brand to do with as they please. You can only take Neil's advice and vote with your wallet and let the chips fall where they may.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 03:23:10 PM by Kook »

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #596 on: May 11, 2017, 03:26:58 PM »
I totally agree with your request. Politics don't belong in wackys.

I wouldn't hold out much hope that fan requests on this issue will be entertained. Considering how calculating Topps is regarding their numbers, I'm sure they've done the math and have figured consequential lost wacky sales to be a number they can live with in order to promote their message. It's not really a bell you can unring at this point. It only seems to be escalating.

After all, it is their brand to do with as they please. You can only take Neil's advice and vote with your wallet and let the chips fall where they may.

NOW THATS WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT!!! :o :o :o :o

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #597 on: May 11, 2017, 03:37:07 PM »
His right-side knee and calf appear to be attached backwards / sideways?
I'm not sure what is going on there either.
buy hey, at least all the peas are perfect replicas of the Jolly Mean art

Offline dth1971

« Reply #598 on: May 11, 2017, 03:55:25 PM »
Here's an idea for a Topps Wacky Package available on the Topps site: A Chuck E. Cheese's spoof calling it "Trump D. Cheese's"

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #599 on: May 11, 2017, 03:58:42 PM »
Here's an idea for a Topps Wacky Package available on the Topps site: A Chuck E. Cheese's spoof calling it "Trump D. Cheese's"

Well, it's about as funny and decipherable as theirs, so why not?

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #600 on: May 11, 2017, 04:55:27 PM »
But hey, at least all the peas are perfect replicas of the Jolly Mean art.

Wow!  They sure are!  So is the container, too!  What an "uncanny" coincidence!

Wait a minute.  I'm getting this strange sense of deja vu...

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #601 on: May 11, 2017, 06:45:10 PM »
I'm not sure what is going on there either.
buy hey, at least all the peas are perfect replicas of the Jolly Mean art

I am disgusted with the reuse of vintage art in this fashion, and the political part just makes it worse.  Topps may own the art, making it legal (I assume), but this is just so wrong.  Some of the new "Wackys" are actually Wackys, and so I would like to purchase them (at a reasonable price).  But, I am sick to death of the political stuff.  And, abominations like the Jolly Orange Giant could make me stop buying any new Wackys. 

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #602 on: May 11, 2017, 06:54:35 PM »
Hey, kids!

Now you, too, can be an artist!

Get the new "Trumpy Packages" software kit and create your own hilarious parodies in minutes!

That's right!  Simply upload and deface one of hundreds of classic "Wacky Packages" templates, add the word "Trump" - and presto! - you're done in seconds flat!   

Even better, it doesn't matter if your parody is actually funny or not. While your friends are convulsing with laughter - or retching with spasms of disgust - you can take the opportunity to unburden them of $9.99 every time!  Fame and fortune await you!

Only $29.99!

(With apologies to Norm Saunders.)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 04:18:22 AM by Baked Bears »

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #603 on: May 11, 2017, 07:20:49 PM »
In a way, the following title is a perfect metaphor for what Topps' new order thinks of the classic, vintage Wackys and the spirit they represented.  Yes, let's just squish them to death.

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
« Reply #604 on: May 11, 2017, 10:54:12 PM »
Hillary is fair game, if only to create the illusion of balance. But Obama must always be sacrosanct.

To be fair, you can't really parody... say, actor J.K. Simmons, the same way you would actor Gary Busey.  One of them lends himself to endless parody, while the other does not.   So it would be hard to imagine this happening with any other President, because it's hard to imagine any other president presenting so much material to parody.   

Obama was brilliantly parodied at times, but how much mileage can you get out of showcasing how even-tempered someone appears to be?   Ask, Key and Peele - they did a pretty great job of it with Obama.  Obama also had a sense of humor about it.   He may have made decisions you didn't like or agree with, but he rarely invited parody the way our current president seems to do on a daily basis.   

Not to say that this might not also be deeply biased, but if you think that our President doesn't bring most of this onto himself, I'd say that you're not paying attention.   He may be doing things at times that a president is actually supposed to do, but he's also doing a lot of things that make him look like a living, breathing parody at times.   

Aside from all of that, it does seem that as humorless, sensitive to parody, and without wit our current president appears to be, some of these Wackys do seem to be on a a path to be equally humorless and without wit. 

Which is too bad.  Because they've got a such a rich resource to draw from. 
Jason Liebig - A swell TV host (currently on History Channel) who used to oversee Marvel Comics' X-Men - now creator and curator of WishbookWeb.com and CollectingCandy.com, a celebration of candy packaging, marketing and the people behind it all

Online DrDeal

« Reply #605 on: May 12, 2017, 04:10:27 AM »
In a way, the following title is a perfect metaphor for what Topps' new order thinks of the classic, vintage Wackys and the spirit they represented.  Yes, let's just squish them to death.

Not My Wackies.  Nuff said.

Andrew

Offline Kook

« Reply #606 on: May 12, 2017, 06:40:19 AM »
To be fair, you can't really parody... say, actor J.K. Simmons, the same way you would actor Gary Busey.  One of them lends himself to endless parody, while the other does not.   So it would be hard to imagine this happening with any other President, because it's hard to imagine any other president presenting so much material to parody.   

Obama was brilliantly parodied at times, but how much mileage can you get out of showcasing how even-tempered someone appears to be?   Ask, Key and Peele - they did a pretty great job of it with Obama.  Obama also had a sense of humor about it.   He may have made decisions you didn't like or agree with, but he rarely invited parody the way our current president seems to do on a daily basis.   

Not to say that this might not also be deeply biased, but if you think that our President doesn't bring most of this onto himself, I'd say that you're not paying attention.   He may be doing things at times that a president is actually supposed to do, but he's also doing a lot of things that make him look like a living, breathing parody at times.   

Aside from all of that, it does seem that as humorless, sensitive to parody, and without wit our current president appears to be, some of these Wackys do seem to be on a a path to be equally humorless and without wit. 

I read this, and I had to scratch my head for a few minutes to even begin to figure out how to respond because of what I saw as assumptions and biases in most of the statements.

All I'll say about Obama is that just because his rhetoric is polished doesn't mean he is above parody. If you don't see it, it's probably because you believe it or agree with it. For those that may not agree with him, he appears to be dripping in arrogance and condescension. But be careful, because the emperor has no clothes... He is not arrogant or condescending, you must be an ignorant racist.

Could you imagine Trump telling the democrats - "We won..." to try and gain consensus? How many hours of network news would that fill? Or if he said, "You have to pass my healthcare bill to see what's in it." They would be storming the White House on either of those remarks. These were the hammers and crowbars that the Dems used to enact Obamacare.

Trump was only possible because of Obama. It's the pendulum swinging the other way.

These Trump wackys are nothing but low-blow political attacks. They are not parodies, they are mockeries meant to debase and demean. What a sad 50th anniversary change in direction of such a smile inducing hobby.

Offline Kook

« Reply #607 on: May 12, 2017, 06:58:52 AM »
Hey, kids!

Now you, too, can be an artist!

Get the new "Trumpy Packages" software kit and create your own hilarious parodies in minutes!

That's right!  Simply upload and deface one of hundreds of classic "Wacky Packages" templates, add the word "Trump" - and presto! - you're done in seconds flat!   

Even better, it doesn't matter if your parody is actually funny or not. While your friends are convulsing with laughter - or retching with spasms of disgust - you can take the opportunity to unburden them of $9.99 every time!  Fame and fortune await you!

Only $29.99!

(With apologies to Norm Saunders.)

:great:

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #608 on: May 12, 2017, 07:14:03 AM »

All I'll say about Obama is that just because his rhetoric is polished doesn't mean he is above parody.

In one sense, Trump is kind of the anti-Obama, where I think he does a lot to make himself look worse than he really is. I would bet a die cut pack that there is nothing to all this Russian nonsense, but he gives it legs by being overly defensive and combative, which is just his instinct. I hope he can learn to polish that a little as his term progresses, but it doesn't even matter much at this point since to many he can do no right.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #609 on: May 12, 2017, 07:15:31 AM »
Well, it's about as funny and decipherable as theirs, so why not?
LOL! LOL! Now, THAT'S funny!

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #610 on: May 12, 2017, 07:34:00 AM »
I am sick to death of the political stuff. 

I am not seeing the humor in them.

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #611 on: May 12, 2017, 07:53:52 AM »

Dude - that total bullshit every one can be parodied - I think they should pay the Trumpster royalities b/c without him they could not fleece us as well as they have!!

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #612 on: May 12, 2017, 01:03:53 PM »
In one sense, Trump is kind of the anti-Obama, where I think he does a lot to make himself look worse than he really is. I would bet a die cut pack that there is nothing to all this Russian nonsense, but he gives it legs by being overly defensive and combative, which is just his instinct. I hope he can learn to polish that a little as his term progresses, but it doesn't even matter much at this point since to many he can do no right.

I agree totally, I think he is playing with the media  :] :] :] :]

Offline Swiski

« Reply #613 on: May 12, 2017, 01:46:04 PM »
The real villain here is Topps - taking people's money and hiring crappy talent to produce some of these online POD cards. I'm not going to mention artist names because I don't want another slap on the wrist from the moderator from hurting someone's feelings, but Baked Bears summed it up by with his satire post on how crappy parody art can be produced by any one of us in a matter of minutes! $9.99 each is an absolute rip off for some of these!!

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #614 on: May 12, 2017, 02:06:45 PM »
Yeah, they need to retire this for a good while. Here's my recipe for the online sets:

Tuesday: One ANS real product parody
Wednesday: One Old School parody
Thursday: One ANS postcard (if that is feasible).

After 55 of the ANS that is considered a set and the set number starts again. After 32 Old School it's a set and the set number starts again. Postcards 32 as well.

Off some other things after each set concludes (maybe a wax wrapper or a flat box they can assemble themselves).

Have some kind of club where you can sign up for the year and save on shipping as they can ship after each set finishes. Something like that.

And don't use one particular artist.

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #615 on: May 12, 2017, 02:36:46 PM »
Yeah, they need to retire this for a good while. Here's my recipe for the online sets:

After 55 of the ANS that is considered a set and the set number starts again. After 32 Old School it's a set and the set number starts again. Postcards 32 as well.

Off some other things after each set concludes (maybe a wax wrapper or a flat box they can assemble themselves).

Have some kind of club where you can sign up for the year and save on shipping as they can ship after each set finishes. Something like that.

I'm all for this suggestion!

I don't know about the rest of you, but sometimes it feels as if I'm standing in some gray, dreary Wacky-less wasteland, shell-shocked, clinging only to a worn and faded card of my faraway love, Swiss Mess, desperately hoping against hope that a radiant shaft of sunlight might break through the dark, roiling sky above.  Please, please, SlamJim, use your powers of persuasion to give us an illuminating light such to as which you have alluded!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 03:11:44 PM by Baked Bears »

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #616 on: May 12, 2017, 02:42:32 PM »
What a sad 50th anniversary change in direction of such a smile inducing hobby.

Depressing, yet very well stated.

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #617 on: May 12, 2017, 02:44:31 PM »
I agree totally, I think he is playing with the media  :] :] :] :]

More like a "Master of the Media."  One of the best.

Online DrDeal

« Reply #618 on: May 13, 2017, 03:55:04 AM »

I read this post as a ray of light in a dark time. I trust things will improve in the future. The Wacky spirit is alive and well. It just has to re-assert itself with Topps Management.

Offline Choke_Wagon

• Yeeeeeeeee-ha!
« Reply #619 on: May 13, 2017, 09:47:23 AM »
Wackys CORE IDEA was to parody actual products. This is what made us laugh over the years. We love the comparison to actual products and the close funny changes made by a Wacky.

ALL LOST except for the precious few. Political and current event stuff just doesnt translate. Humor and art execution are terrible. Topps may care about making money but between the 50th Set and this Trump Series, their credibility has dropped for doing Top work. Like they now accept crap art as normal which has made me sketch again doing Wackys on my own.

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
« Reply #620 on: May 13, 2017, 10:18:37 AM »
I read this, and I had to scratch my head for a few minutes to even begin to figure out how to respond because of what I saw as assumptions and biases in most of the statements.

All I'll say about Obama is that just because his rhetoric is polished doesn't mean he is above parody. If you don't see it, it's probably because you believe it or agree with it. For those that may not agree with him, he appears to be dripping in arrogance and condescension. But be careful, because the emperor has no clothes... He is not arrogant or condescending, you must be an ignorant racist.

Could you imagine Trump telling the democrats - "We won..." to try and gain consensus? How many hours of network news would that fill? Or if he said, "You have to pass my healthcare bill to see what's in it." They would be storming the White House on either of those remarks. These were the hammers and crowbars that the Dems used to enact Obamacare.

Trump was only possible because of Obama. It's the pendulum swinging the other way.

These Trump wackys are nothing but low-blow political attacks. They are not parodies, they are mockeries meant to debase and demean. What a sad 50th anniversary change in direction of such a smile inducing hobby.

I never meant to say that Obama was above being parodied, but if that's how you took it, I apologize.   I certainly voted for him and I did like him, but that didn't mean that I agreed with every part of every policy he enacted while president.  Or every statement and decision made by Democratic Leadership.  I regularly endeavor to check my biases for and against those I might have them for.  I make an effort. 

That said, if you believe that "Trump was only possible because of Obama" than perhaps you could agree that Wacky Packages that are "nothing but low-blow political attacks" and "mockeries meant to debase and demean" could have only been possible because of Donald Trump; a man who used those approaches so successfully in his rise to the office of President of the United States. 

« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 10:52:56 AM by JasonLiebig »
Jason Liebig - A swell TV host (currently on History Channel) who used to oversee Marvel Comics' X-Men - now creator and curator of WishbookWeb.com and CollectingCandy.com, a celebration of candy packaging, marketing and the people behind it all

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
« Reply #621 on: May 13, 2017, 10:20:14 AM »
Wackys CORE IDEA was to parody actual products. This is what made us laugh over the years. We love the comparison to actual products and the close funny changes made by a Wacky.

ALL LOST except for the precious few. Political and current event stuff just doesnt translate. Humor and art execution are terrible. Topps may care about making money but between the 50th Set and this Trump Series, their credibility has dropped for doing Top work. Like they now accept crap art as normal which has made me sketch again doing Wackys on my own.

There have been a few good ones among the mess in these these purposely-political Wackys, but I do agree that most of them should have never been published. 

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
« Reply #622 on: May 13, 2017, 10:21:51 AM »
Dude - that total bullshit every one can be parodied!!

I never said otherwise. 

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
« Reply #623 on: May 13, 2017, 10:35:41 AM »

I agree with much of this.    I think regarding Trump being defensive and combative as "just his instinct" is giving a lot of benefit to doubt, but that's okay.    I do think Trump is hiding his tax returns because they'll make him look bad, similarly to why Hillary Clinton hid her Wall Street speech transcripts - because they'll make her look bad (and they did, when parts of them were leaked). 

Remove bias and it seems clear that in both instances, they both have something to hide, lest they'd have released their stuff. 

Trump adds to his issue because he actually made a campaign promise to release his returns (after "the audit" if I recall his statement correctly), but now says he doesn't have to and won't be releasing even after the audit because he "won the election" (maybe adding "in a landslide" to that statement) - I forget the exact quote as he mentions his election win pretty regularly.  So Trump invites a little more there because he's hiding them AND going back on the promise of releasing them, using seemingly unrelated logic and reasoning.   So, Trump loads it up with extra to chew on. 

Trump certainly has got something to hide with those returns (as Clinton certainly did with those speech transcripts), but I'd be shocked if it's something that shows he's colluding with the Russian government.   I'm sure it's just more stuff he doesn't want people to know and could embarrass his brand, like how in private he has bragged about being able to grab women's privates.   
« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 11:06:04 AM by JasonLiebig »

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #624 on: May 13, 2017, 02:01:26 PM »
For my own sanity doing these Trump cards I made sure that the majority of them were based on real products.

Real:
Garbage Pail Kids (twice)
Liquid Plumber
Pillsbury Cake Mix
Dunkin Hines
Tiffany
Ben Cooper Halloween Costumes
Ban
DEVO Record
My First Science Kit
Operation Game
Twister
UNO Game
Scrabble Game
Snickers
Milky Way
Mad Libs
Fruit of the Loom Underwear
Herr's Chips
Ice Breakers Mints
Bic White Out
Monopoly

Made up:
Concert Ticket
Greeting Card
Calculator
T-Shirt
Bracelet
GPS System
Cologne

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #625 on: May 13, 2017, 03:45:25 PM »
I made sure that the majority of them were based on real products.

Very much appreciated!

Offline Brian Mc

« Reply #626 on: May 13, 2017, 06:33:45 PM »
For my own sanity doing these Trump cards I made sure that the majority of them were based on real products.

Real:
Garbage Pail Kids (twice)
Liquid Plumber
Pillsbury Cake Mix
Dunkin Hines
Tiffany
Ben Cooper Halloween Costumes
Ban
DEVO Record
My First Science Kit
Operation Game
Twister
UNO Game
Scrabble Game
Snickers
Milky Way
Mad Libs
Fruit of the Loom Underwear
Herr's Chips
Ice Breakers Mints
Bic White Out
Monopoly
These were all worthy of the Wacky name, IMO. I especially liked the UNO card, BTW.
Brian Mc

Offline Kook

« Reply #627 on: May 15, 2017, 08:15:37 AM »

That said, if you believe that "Trump was only possible because of Obama" 

When I said that, I meant that after 8 years of a "leader" acting more like a scolding and disapproving parent than a president, lecturing ad nauseam, selectively enforcing the law, promoting an underlying tone that we should be ashamed of ourselves and our history, that our enemies are our own fault and that we should reorient ourselves according to our critics,

when, a leader comes along and reminds us that we are the greatest nation on earth, not because of our arrogance, or that we are better than anyone else, but because we are founded on the values of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness; that even our detractors come to our country to realize their dreams because they are not permitted or able to in their native countries; and to allow ourselves to be overrun and our culture and way of life to be sacrificed at the hands of our enemies and critics would be a fatal blow not just to our country, but to the world, those that waited out the 8 year clock took action at the polls.

Wacky Packages that are "nothing but low-blow political attacks" and "mockeries meant to debase and demean" could have only been possible because of Donald Trump; a man who used those approaches so successfully in his rise to the office of President of the United States.

Trump was an effective fighter in winning first the primaries and then the election. All elections are dirty fights, and so by your logic, all politicians would deserve the treatment Trump is receiving by way of these wackys.

He is direct, unlike most of the slithery politicians who avoid direct confrontation, direct answers and kneel at the alter of political correctness. I find it refreshing given the current climate of everyone looking for hidden meanings and slights in everything that's said so they can point to someone who's feelings are being hurt.

There is a big difference between parody, poking fun and just being downright angry and mean spirited.

If Topps was part of the mainstream media, I would not be surprised at these attacks. I am not concerned for Trump regarding this issue. He is obviously able to handle himself and has thick skin. I am fed up with the double standard and the disregard for the millions of Americans that are proud, not ashamed, of our country and want to preserve and continue to improve it, not destroy it as it was founded. Topps is also taking a swipe at us with this hatred via their attacks on Trump.

Not that I want to continue this thread, since I don't, but I would ask if Pat could relocate the previous and continued political posts to a separate thread, maybe titled "Commentary on Topps Politicizing Wackys". Although I would split off the thread, I would also say that it should stay in the General Wacky Discussion area, not elsewhere, since Topps has brought the topic to wackys. This way, those that aren't interested in or want to avoid the politics will be easily able to.

I don't come to the forum to fight or argue or even talk politics, but to enjoy the hobby, which has become more difficult here lately. Please don't take my invitation to split this thread as an open invitation to continue debating these issues. I think that's best done elsewhere by those that have the desire. I'm just tired of only hearing one side of the political story throughout the media, and now here via these political "wackys" so I felt the need to respond.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 08:36:52 AM by Kook »

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
« Reply #628 on: May 15, 2017, 11:04:50 AM »
He is obviously able to handle himself and has thick skin.

I respect you having a point of view, even though I disagree with much of it.  Your views of Obama are your opinions - and I won't waste time debating them. 

However, I would take umbrage at your understanding of the term "thick skin".  I think you may have a fundamental misunderstanding of what that means.  Here's its antonym:

==========================================
thin-skinned
adjective
adjective: thin-skinned

sensitive to criticism or insults.
    "these bloggers sure are a thin-skinned crowd"
    synonyms:   sensitive, oversensitive, hypersensitive, easily offended, easily hurt, touchy, defensive
    "you can't benefit from constructive criticism if you're going to be so thin-skinned"

I'm reasonably confident that objective reality shows us that our current president is actually and unprecedentedly thin-skinned.  Possibly the most thin-skinned President to have held the office in modern times.  Astoundingly so.  There isn't a perceived slight that goes un-responded to or attacked in response.  He has endlessly complained about the press "not being very nice" to him, etc.   

Give him whatever other benefit of the doubt you will, but let's not abuse the language like this so profoundly.   Calling him thick-skinned is, frankly, quite parody-worthy. 

« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 11:16:39 AM by JasonLiebig »

Offline Kook

« Reply #629 on: May 15, 2017, 02:02:56 PM »
I respect you having a point of view, even though I disagree with much of it.  Your views of Obama are your opinions - and I won't waste time debating them. 

However, I would take umbrage at your understanding of the term "thick skin".  I think you may have a fundamental misunderstanding of what that means.  Here's its antonym:

thin-skinned
adjective
adjective: thin-skinned

sensitive to criticism or insults.
    "these bloggers sure are a thin-skinned crowd"
    synonyms:   sensitive, oversensitive, hypersensitive, easily offended, easily hurt, touchy, defensive
    "you can't benefit from constructive criticism if you're going to be so thin-skinned"

I'm reasonably confident that objective reality shows us that our current president is actually and unprecedentedly thin-skinned.  Possibly the most thin-skinned President to have held the office in modern times.  Astoundingly so.  There isn't a perceived slight that goes un-responded to or attacked in response.  He has endlessly complained about the press "not being very nice" to him, etc.   

Give him whatever other benefit of the doubt you will, but let's not abuse the language like this so profoundly.   Calling him thick-skinned is, frankly, quite parody-worthy.

Yes, I'd prefer to agree to disagree politically speaking unless we could have a friendly conversation in person, though there are many other things I'd prefer to discuss. I find doing this in writing to be tedious and filled with miscommunications and misunderstandings. Your intentions and manner are cordial and I respect your right to have an opinion even though we seem to primarily and fundamentally disagree.

Regarding my use of the term thick skinned: Identifying and responding to attacks I would call self defense. Trump stands out so much in contrast to others because he doesn't cower in the corner or cave to aggressive liberal pc criticism like so many others. IMO, there are very few people who would be able to stand up to the media onslaught that he regularly endures in order to move his (and his constituents') agenda forward.

Obama had the path paved for him with an agenda driven democratic majority for most of his term and the media running defense and lobbing softballs to him during his entire term. Any hint of opposition drew an angry lecture and activist threats.

If you would prefer, I'll use tough instead of thick skinned, but my interpretation of thin skinned means overly defensive from insecurity and weakness, not the refusal to take other peoples' crap.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 02:05:59 PM by Kook »

anything