Author Topic: Diecuts For Sale (Again)  (Read 6824 times)

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
Diecuts For Sale (Again)
« on: November 13, 2016, 11:56:50 AM »
So this was the first time in a long time that I had someone stiff me on eBay.  EBay user semperfi1972 was high-bidder on 10 of my Diecut auctions that ended on Halloween.  I sent multiple invoices, tried to contact the buyer multiple times but got no response and no payment for 2 weeks.

The thing that really burns me up about it is that as a seller, I can no longer leave negative feedback for a buyer.  When did eBay take that away from sellers?  All I can do is request my seller fees back and relist the item.  So I have to sit back and watch this buyer's feedback rating continue to rise as he pays for other items he has won.  But he won't pay for the 10 items that he won from me.  And there is nothing I can do about it!

Curious again if anyone knows this buyer:  semperfi1972 - Trace Strickland
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline BustedFinger

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
Re: Diecuts For Sale (Again)
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2016, 02:00:53 PM »
So this was the first time in a long time that I had someone stiff me on eBay.  EBay user semperfi1972 was high-bidder on 10 of my Diecut auctions that ended on Halloween.  I sent multiple invoices, tried to contact the buyer multiple times but got no response and no payment for 2 weeks.

The thing that really burns me up about it is that as a seller, I can no longer leave negative feedback for a buyer.  When did eBay take that away from sellers?  All I can do is request my seller fees back and relist the item.  So I have to sit back and watch this buyer's feedback rating continue to rise as he pays for other items he has won.  But he won't pay for the 10 items that he won from me.  And there is nothing I can do about it!

Curious again if anyone knows this buyer:  semperfi1972 - Trace Strickland
Did you figure out who this was that renigged on you?  Can't you get contact info from ebay?
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline BustedFinger

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2016, 02:31:29 PM »
Did you figure out who this was that renigged on you?  Can't you get contact info from ebay?

The name on the account is Trace Strickland.  Other than that, the only option it looks like you have is to send them a message through eBay. 

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2016, 05:35:32 AM »
Make sure you block her from bidding on your auction

Offline freetoes

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2016, 11:22:18 AM »
Loren, I hope it goes better this time.

I hadn't used my eBay account in several years, and now it's been wiped clean, so if I want to buy or sell I have to start all over again at zero.  But what possible (noneconomic) reason could they give for barring negative feedback on buyers?

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2016, 03:13:15 PM »
But what possible (noneconomic) reason could they give for barring negative feedback on buyers?
I think the reasoning is: if the buyer doesn't pay, the seller hasn't lost anything [other than your time/effort on the listing, of which ebay cares not]. You still have the item to relist, so you just move on. I can see both sides of this fence...and it is frustrating to not be able to "out" the buyer, I agree.

Also, though, ebay seems to have thrown that whole "legal binding contract" thing out the window when they changed this policy, which I think was quite some time ago.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 03:15:47 PM by bigtomi »

Offline Kook

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2016, 07:44:21 PM »
I think the reasoning is: if the buyer doesn't pay, the seller hasn't lost anything [other than your time/effort on the listing, of which ebay cares not]. You still have the item to relist, so you just move on. I can see both sides of this fence...and it is frustrating to not be able to "out" the buyer, I agree.

Also, though, ebay seems to have thrown that whole "legal binding contract" thing out the window when they changed this policy, which I think was quite some time ago.

It has been many years since they did away with seller negatives.

From what I remember at the time, another reason they eliminated the seller negatives was because of seller retaliation, which ebay felt was suppressing buyer feedback. The reasoning was that even if a buyer was unhappy, they wouldn't leave a negative because the seller could turn right around & zing 'em back crying sour grapes. Ebay probably felt it was a deterrent for buyers & figured they are better off supporting the buyers in this rather than the sellers, so they tied the sellers' hands.

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2016, 08:36:19 PM »

I am cool with the rule only if ebay immediately suspends a buyer account for 30 days for non payment, 100 days for 2nd one and account closed completely on third violation.  Sellers being able to retaliate for getting negative feedback seemed to ruin the whole feedback thing.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline BustedFinger

Offline BustedFinger

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2016, 04:19:14 PM »
Well the auctions have ended and once again, I have one buyer who won 11 of the 12 items I had for sale.  Now to see if they are going to pay or not....

anything