Author Topic: COMING SOON - TOPPS WACKY POSTCARD BINDERS!!!  (Read 53110 times)

Offline Plan 9

Re: COMING SOON - TOPPS WACKY POSTCARD BINDERS!!!
« Reply #105 on: April 26, 2010, 04:30:45 PM »
I received the Old School and Postcard binders tonight. Very cool Puffy Binders. Much puffier than any other binders I own. They almost feel inflated. Very soft and puffy vinyl feel to them. The stamp sheet is quite nice and I think the numbers were to give them a "stamp feel"  ie: numbers instead of 8 Cents etc.  The wax pack
completes the Old School set. Great job on these. Makes me want to buy one of the 2010 series Binders also.

DrDeal
Can you post a scan of the stamps?

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #106 on: April 26, 2010, 06:12:15 PM »
Can you post a scan of the stamps?
My pics won't post as they are not formatted correctly and I don't know how to change that in my camera.
The Topps site has a shot of them as you are aware.

Andrew

Taz

« Reply #107 on: April 27, 2010, 10:50:44 AM »
Got my binders in just moments ago, I'm sure glad I made the order for they are really nice.
Here is what the binder stamp sheet looks like.

Front:

Note: Click on photos to enlarge

Back:

« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 11:20:01 AM by Taz »

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
  • Take a "BITE" out of life!
« Reply #108 on: April 27, 2010, 11:51:25 AM »
Got my binders in just moments ago, I'm sure glad I made the order for they are really nice.

Front:

Back:

Just got mine (all 3) also Brother...I agree, it's a great time to be WACKY!!! The (Stamp-Sheet) was a lot cooler than I thought it would be & the "Wrapper" was a nice touch w/the (Old School) "Binder"
"Treat others the way you like to be treated"

Offline deadpresidentsvisa

« Reply #109 on: April 27, 2010, 03:39:41 PM »

Front:

Back:

Now this should help sales,Neil / ? they LQQK fantastic I have already mailed 3 letters!!!
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #110 on: April 27, 2010, 03:43:40 PM »
I just got all three of the binders and they are outstanding. The quality is top notch. Judging these by the original pics the store had up is a waste of time. These are really nice. I think they need a few more 8x10 pages in the OLDS binder other than the one for the wrapper as I could not fit the red envelope from the boxes into the 5x7 sleeves plus I wanted to put the flyers and coupons into the binder as well. Ah well, I'll pick some up at the Philly Show if some dealer has them. The back of the postcard binder is very funny.

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #111 on: April 27, 2010, 05:34:37 PM »

Front:

Back:

Those stamps are great. thanks for posting the pic!! It's going to take awhile for mine to get here.

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #112 on: April 27, 2010, 05:50:50 PM »

Souvenir is one of those words that looks really weird in print!
I feel totally out of it! I haven't followed the postcard train.                                                   Where is my mind?!
WTF is the dino holding in #4?
A waffle?

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #113 on: April 27, 2010, 05:54:26 PM »
I just got all three of the binders and they are outstanding. The quality is top notch. Judging these by the original pics the store had up is a waste of time. These are really nice. I think they need a few more 8x10 pages in the OLDS binder other than the one for the wrapper as I could not fit the red envelope from the boxes into the 5x7 sleeves plus I wanted to put the flyers and coupons into the binder as well. Ah well, I'll pick some up at the Philly Show if some dealer has them. The back of the postcard binder is very funny.
I didn't order any because the Topps-store description and pics was so lame.  If they are available at the show, I may pick them up, saves shipping too.  Seems kind of unscientific on how Topps is taking counts on what products to bring to the show.  Seems they are likely going to run out of product!
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #114 on: April 27, 2010, 05:59:43 PM »
I didn't order any because the Topps-store description and pics was so lame.  If they are available at the show, I may pick them up, saves shipping too.  Seems kind of unscientific on how Topps is taking counts on what products to bring to the show.  Seems they are likely going to run out of product!

They are bringing a certain amount of each item to the show and with knowing how many things some people here may want they will bring that much more.

Offline NEZHEAD42

« Reply #115 on: April 27, 2010, 06:14:28 PM »
I got all 3 binders today. Awesome! I love the "puffiness" of them. That wax wrapper for the OLDS binder is too fantastic! Good call by Topps to provide this as a bonus item since they were unable to do that for the actual packs.

Does anyone know if there will be binders for any of the other ANS? The one I got today read WPOS-ANS1 on the invoice. It certainly looks like it was designed for one specific series. Just wondering.
"What's the point of being grown up, if you can't act childish?" - Doctor Who

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #116 on: April 27, 2010, 06:17:21 PM »
Now this should help sales,Neil / ? they LQQK fantastic I have already mailed 3 letters!!!

You are actually using the stamps from the sheet?  I guess that's what they are made for but they are limited to only 250 so I'm keeping mine intact! 
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #117 on: April 27, 2010, 06:20:26 PM »
I got all 3 binders today. Awesome! I love the "puffiness" of them. That wax wrapper for the OLDS binder is too fantastic! Good call by Topps to provide this as a bonus item since they were unable to do that for the actual packs.

Does anyone know if there will be binders for any of the other ANS? The one I got today read WPOS-ANS1 on the invoice. It certainly looks like it was designed for one specific series. Just wondering.

I got mine today too………better than I was expecting for sure.  I had no intention of actually using the binders but these have me reconsidering.

My assumption was that the "all new" binder was intended for ANS7, but they might have had any of the ANS series in mind.  I currently have all of my ANS series in one binder but it's maxed out, like 3.5" thick, so the new series will create an issue for me.

Offline NEZHEAD42

« Reply #118 on: April 27, 2010, 06:35:31 PM »
I too have all my ANS in one really thick binder. There is no way that all 6 will fit in the new binder. I may just put the new binder on the shelf for now and use it for the ANS 2010 at the end of the summer. I also have a large binder in play for both OLDS series, but will be changing over and using the new OLDS binder for series 1. It's too cool not to use it. I assume that Topps will be putting out a OLDS 2 binder at the end of the year. If Topps decides to put out more binders, I am sure I will be rethinking how I have my Wackys stored.
"What's the point of being grown up, if you can't act childish?" - Doctor Who

Offline deadpresidentsvisa

« Reply #119 on: April 27, 2010, 06:44:52 PM »
You are actually using the stamps from the sheet?  I guess that's what they are made for but they are limited to only 250 so I'm keeping mine intact! 
nNo I did not get mine,Browns truck broke down we'll have to pick them up tomorrow.
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline Gurgle

• recommends zircon-encrusted tweezers
« Reply #120 on: April 27, 2010, 07:05:11 PM »
The binders are really nice. I might use them as pillows. It's a nice touch that the pages are included. The wrapper and stamps are cool, although I have to admit I would always prefer bonus stickers as extras.

Offline Dracky

« Reply #121 on: April 27, 2010, 07:13:55 PM »
Souvenir is one of those words that looks really weird in print!
I feel totally out of it! I haven't followed the postcard train.                                                   Where is my mind?!
WTF is the dino holding in #4?
A waffle?
The Dino in stamp #4 is a Tyrannosaurus Rex from Rex Mix...a postcard gag for Chex Mix. It's holding a piece of Chex Mix snack in its hands!

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #122 on: April 27, 2010, 07:34:29 PM »
The binders are really nice. I might use them as pillows. It's a nice touch that the pages are included. The wrapper and stamps are cool, although I have to admit I would always prefer bonus stickers as extras.

They should have included a bonus sticker with the ANS binder.

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #123 on: April 27, 2010, 07:38:44 PM »
They should have included a bonus sticker with the ANS binder.

That would have made sense, the (other 2) each had a bonus item??? :^)

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #124 on: April 27, 2010, 07:54:19 PM »
They could have done bonus cards but a bonus sticker would have cost too much for such a limited item. I don't think anyone would have wanted these to have any additional cost.

I nixed the OLDS bonus sticker idea in favor of the wrapper as I didn't want the OLDS base set to have a sticker that was limited to 500 which would have meant many collectors never owning it. Wrappers, uncut sheets, binders, posters, etc are the types of items people are more selective to own so the lesser number works for them. That, and the wax wrapper is da bomz, boy!

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #125 on: April 28, 2010, 01:13:20 AM »
I like the stamps. It's great that they came up with yet another way of presenting Wacky Pack stuff. And it's printed on sticky paper to boot. There's plenty of room for stickers and stamps and hologram idiots and whatever. By the end of this year we're going to have heaps of new Wacky Pack stickers, Old School and New School. Also postcards, LTL prints and whatever new surprises await us.

Taz

« Reply #126 on: April 28, 2010, 10:47:58 AM »
Yesterday I was excited to receive my binders that I did not look them over in detail. Today I seen what I thought was a piece of debri but in fact it was a small scratch on the cover of the postcard binder. Do you think this calls for a return becuase I would also have to pay shipping to & from Topps, if so that in itself is costly. I'm leaning to just accept the imperfection as is, what would you do?

Click on photo to enlarge:

« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 10:51:06 AM by Taz »

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #127 on: April 28, 2010, 10:51:59 AM »
Yesterday I was excited to receive my binders that I did not look them over in detail. Today I seen what I thought was a piece of debri but in fact it was a small scratch on the cover of the postcard binder. Do you think this calls for a return becuase I would also have to pay shipping to & from Topps, if so that in itself is costly. I'm leaning to just accept the imperfection as is, what would you do?

It doesn't look too bad. I would just keep it. Shipping back to them may cost you about $9 as it did when I sent and OLDS box back to them that was missing the envelope.

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #128 on: April 28, 2010, 10:56:48 AM »

I would'nt worry about it Kevin, it would cost about 1/2 the cost of the binder to send it back! Look at it as a (variation) LOL!!! :]

Taz

« Reply #129 on: April 28, 2010, 11:00:32 AM »
Ron & Brad, I was thinking the same thing that it's not too bad and those shipping costs are just too much.

Taz

« Reply #130 on: April 28, 2010, 11:01:48 AM »
I would'nt worry about it Kevin, it would cost about 1/2 the cost of the binder to send it back! Look at it as a (variation) LOL!!! :]

A variation, now that is funny :D

Taz

« Reply #131 on: April 28, 2010, 11:10:39 AM »
I too have all my ANS in one really thick binder. There is no way that all 6 will fit in the new binder. I may just put the new binder on the shelf for now and use it for the ANS 2010 at the end of the summer.

I'm in the same boat but as far as using the ANS binder for the upcoming 2010 set release would it actually be an offset because the themes would not match up or is that not an issue for you?

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #132 on: April 28, 2010, 11:44:28 AM »
Ron & Brad, I was thinking the same thing that it's not too bad and those shipping costs are just too much.

Unless you were planning to protect it and not use it you would most likely get little scratches from moving it around as you use it anyway. 

Taz

« Reply #133 on: April 28, 2010, 11:52:29 AM »
Unless you were planning to protect it and not use it you would most likely get little scratches from moving it around as you use it anyway. 

That's just it, I was not sure if I was going to use them for the stickers or keep them just a collectible. You are right, if used for sticker storage there will eventually be wear & tear.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #134 on: May 02, 2010, 12:59:11 PM »
That's just it, I was not sure if I was going to use them for the stickers or keep them just a collectible. You are right, if used for sticker storage there will eventually be wear & tear.

I think that 9 to Life cat did it !  ;D

I got the Postcard and Old School Binders and they are really cool. They seem to be larger than the standard size, buy it is just the puffyness of it that makes it seem that way. Anyway the sturdyness of the front and back covers is what I was concerned with by looking at the initial pic.s on the Topps site (which are different now) but I am very happy with these.
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #135 on: May 02, 2010, 01:09:41 PM »
I think the postcard binder is the coolest binder I own. It absolutely makes the postcard series and the stamps are just the right bonus item. With 500 made I wonder if it will sell out? Time will tell. Glad I got one. Looking forward to putting future postcard releases in the binder. The Philly Show Promo Postcard proudly sits in the first page at present.

DrDeal

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #136 on: May 02, 2010, 01:20:08 PM »
I think that 9 to Life cat did it !  ;D

I got the Postcard and Old School Binders and they are really cool. They seem to be larger than the standard size, buy it is just the puffyness of it that makes it seem that way. Anyway the sturdyness of the front and back covers is what I was concerned with by looking at the initial pic.s on the Topps site (which are different now) but I am very happy with these.
The binders appear to have been very well made, with good slanted D-ring construction, and I like them, thinking I'll put one set away and use one.  I would have preferred non-puffy binders, like Rittenhouse produces, as I have had problems with the puffy types getting permanent 'dents' in the past, but we'll see.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #137 on: May 02, 2010, 05:43:08 PM »
The binders appear to have been very well made, with good slanted D-ring construction, and I like them, thinking I'll put one set away and use one.  I would have preferred non-puffy binders, like Rittenhouse produces, as I have had problems with the puffy types getting permanent 'dents' in the past, but we'll see.

For some reason everytime I read the discriptions as "puffy" it sort of makes me giggle. I describe it the same way too. The 2 do not seem to go hand in hand, an organizing binder and puffy. Maybe I'm thinkin' of Seinfeld's puffy pirate shirt too. No puffy dents please. ^-^
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #138 on: May 02, 2010, 05:51:30 PM »
The binders appear to have been very well made, with good slanted D-ring construction . . .
That line has be laughing! That's some classic old school jargon! Nobody will have a clue what that sentence means in 30 years.
I wonder if these things are still around.

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #139 on: May 02, 2010, 06:38:17 PM »
Just want to clarify that the binders are NOT limited production. The lowest they could order was 400 or so. If they sell out they can always make more. Sorry for the confusion.