Author Topic: COMING SOON - TOPPS WACKY POSTCARD BINDERS!!!  (Read 53111 times)

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
  • Take a "BITE" out of life!
Re: COMING SOON - TOPPS WACKY POSTCARD BINDERS!!!
« Reply #70 on: April 22, 2010, 12:28:54 PM »
Binders are online for sale!!!!
I just checked them out...There's (3) different ones & they're all FANTASTIC!!! :o Will (Topps) be bringing all (3) to sell at the show??? :^)
"Treat others the way you like to be treated"

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #71 on: April 22, 2010, 12:53:57 PM »
Thanks for the heads up! Sounds like some neat extras included. There wasn't anything listed with the ANS binder though?

Are there any free shipping codes this time around?

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #72 on: April 22, 2010, 01:42:49 PM »
Thanks for the heads up! Sounds like some neat extras included. There wasn't anything listed with the ANS binder though?

Are there any free shipping codes this time around?

From what I can see there is a "stamp sheet" with the postcard binder and a "commemorative wrapper" with the Old School binder, and nada for the ANS binder. I wonder what the stamp sheet is?
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #73 on: April 22, 2010, 01:44:57 PM »
From what I can see there is a "stamp sheet" with the postcard binder and a "commemorative wrapper" with the Old School binder, and nada for the ANS binder. I wonder what the stamp sheet is?
We will find out soon enough...I just ordered all 3!!! ;)

Offline deadpresidentsvisa

« Reply #74 on: April 22, 2010, 01:46:57 PM »
We will find out soon enough...I just ordered all 3!!! ;)
"But don;t be sad, cause 2 out of 3 ain't bad"
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline ratchet007

« Reply #75 on: April 22, 2010, 02:45:08 PM »
Let's be real here people. These are over-priced swill. Where are the bonus stickers?  I couldn't give a rats ass about some "stamp sheet". And a "commemorative wrapper"? What the hell were they thinking????? These are a real let down in my opinion. I will be buying 0.

Offline View Monster

• Sights For Sore-Eyes
  • ___ a.k.a. wackyfan ___
    • Non-Sport trading cardz
« Reply #76 on: April 22, 2010, 03:10:49 PM »
Let's be real here people. These are over-priced swill. Where are the bonus stickers?  I couldn't give a rats ass about some "stamp sheet". And a "commemorative wrapper"? What the hell were they thinking????? These are a real let down in my opinion. I will be buying 0.
My first reaction when I saw these binders was the same as yours.......no bonus stickers? Everything should come with bonus stickers. No free shipping? I am going to wait a day or two before ordering any of them, I just added all the of them to my shopping cart and the estimated shipping is $15.75 which seems high to me. The stamp sheet and the commemorative wrapper might be something cool.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 03:21:16 PM by View Monster »

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #77 on: April 22, 2010, 03:33:40 PM »
The wrapper is a real wax wrapper. The type that I would have liked to have had as the real wrappers. So this sort of completes the OLDS1 set. It's styled after the original series wrappers and some are even slightly off-register on purpose. I made one into a wax pack to show you how that would look.

I didn't want a bonus sticker for a few reasons. One, I was avoiding any chase stickers apart from the boxes. Two, the binders are limited to 500 so inevitably some people would not be able to complete an OLDS sticker set which would suck. Three, they would have been cards not stickers as the limited runs on these unlike bonus boxes for Target and Wal-Mart makes making them into stickers too costly. I'm not into any of these becoming anything other than stickers. Well, hope people like them. The binders are super sweet and I have a bunch of the wrappers and they look and feel fantastic.

I have not seen the stamps but they also sound really great.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 04:19:23 PM by slamjim »

Offline eman

• Erik Bowen (aka eman)
« Reply #78 on: April 22, 2010, 04:13:34 PM »
Are all of the binders 1 inch or 3 inch binders? 

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #79 on: April 22, 2010, 04:17:02 PM »
Also, here is the binder front, side and back. I saw someone on the other forum (I believe it was Brian) say they looked cheap. From what I hear they are very high quality. Those photos on the site are mock-ups probably done in Photoshop.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #80 on: April 22, 2010, 04:18:52 PM »
I just ordered the Old School and Postcard binders. Shipping was listed as $14.25 but was changed to $9.12
via UPS when I went to pay via paypal. I live in NJ. The reduced shipping was welcome. Both are listed as Topps Online exclusives so I purchased them thinking they won't make it to the Philly show. Thanks forthe cool binders.

DrDeal

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #81 on: April 22, 2010, 04:20:49 PM »
Are all of the binders 1 inch or 3 inch binders? 

I would expect they must be closer to 1". Maybe a bit bigger but I really don't know. They don't look like 3" binders at all. They are D-Ring.

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #82 on: April 22, 2010, 04:21:55 PM »
I just ordered the Old School and Postcard binders. Shipping was listed as $14.25 but was changed to $9.12
via UPS when I went to pay via paypal. I live in NJ. The reduced shipping was welcome. Both are listed as Topps Online exclusives so I purchased them thinking they won't make it to the Philly show. Thanks forthe cool binders.

DrDeal

I posted in the Philly thread that Topps will bring boxes, binders, uncut sheets and posters to the show but in numbers based on responses here.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #83 on: April 22, 2010, 04:23:11 PM »
The wrapper is a real wax wrapper. The type that I would have liked to have had as the real wrappers. So this sort of completes the OLDS1 set. It's styled after the original series wrappers and some are even slightly off-register on purpose. I made one into a wax pack to show you how that would look.

I didn't want a bonus sticker for a few reasons. One, I was avoiding any chase stickers apart from the boxes. Two, the binders are limited to 500 so inevitably some people would not be able to complete an OLDS sticker set which would suck. Three, they would have been cards not stickers as the limited runs on these unlike bonus boxes for Target and Wal-Mart makes making them into stickers too costly. I'm not into any of these becoming anything other than stickers. Well, hope people like them. The binders are super sweet and I have a bunch of the wrappers and they look and feel fantastic.

(Image removed from quote.)

Are the postcard binders limited to 500 also?

DrDeal

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #84 on: April 22, 2010, 04:24:05 PM »
Sorry, I don't know. Neil should know.

Taz

« Reply #85 on: April 22, 2010, 04:30:10 PM »
Speaking of "Binders" I got my "Silly Cd" (Binder) Yesterday...It's awesome!!! :o Thanks for the heads up Kevin! Your WACKY friend...RonZ 8)

Yeah, I told you that you would like it. 

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #86 on: April 22, 2010, 04:45:04 PM »
My first reaction when I saw these binders was the same as yours.......no bonus stickers? Everything should come with bonus stickers. No free shipping? I am going to wait a day or two before ordering any of them, I just added all the of them to my shopping cart and the estimated shipping is $15.75 which seems high to me. The stamp sheet and the commemorative wrapper might be something cool.
That is high, I ordered all (3) and the total shipping was $10.25 that's a little more than a 50% difference! :o Where do you live? I'm from the "Cincinnati" (Ohio) area. All my WACKY best...RonZ 8)

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #88 on: April 22, 2010, 05:44:30 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

Hi Dave, will the wrappers we get be flat and unfolded like that?  I noticed you used the same wrapper code (WPOS-01-9).
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline NEZHEAD42

« Reply #89 on: April 22, 2010, 05:54:24 PM »
I just ordered the Postcard binder, the Old School Binder and the All New Series binder. My postage ended up being $11.38. Not too bad for 3 binders. I am really loking forward to the OS wax wrapper. I was thinking all along the the OS series would have wax wrappers. I was really disappointed when I opened that first box and saw  the wrappers. I was even more disappointed when I was opening them. Oh well. This will be cool add-on piece. I did notice on the Topps invoice that the ANS binder was listed as ANS1. Does this mean that Topps is going to be putting out binders for all the past series?
"What's the point of being grown up, if you can't act childish?" - Doctor Who

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #90 on: April 22, 2010, 06:46:55 PM »
The wrappers are flat. I just took one of mine and made a pack out of it to show you that it's the same size / type as an original series wrapper.

Offline Kook-Aid

« Reply #91 on: April 22, 2010, 08:46:02 PM »
By the way I just won all three pieces of original rough art for the series 5 postcards(Wander,Taco Bill & Klepto)!!

I also won the Original art "Brylscream" last week!!My first topps vault auction win!!

Does anyone know if the rough art to "tombs" was sold yet or not from topps vault??

« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 08:52:30 PM by Kook-Aid »

Offline HeadAndBoulders

« Reply #92 on: April 23, 2010, 01:42:10 PM »
"But don;t be sad, cause 2 out of 3 ain't bad"
Oh Brother!!!!!! ???

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #93 on: April 23, 2010, 02:30:58 PM »
Topps put up an image of the postcard "stamp sheet". Looks great.

[spoiler=Souvenir Stamp Sheet][/spoiler]
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 02:34:20 PM by Duznt »

Taz

« Reply #94 on: April 23, 2010, 02:35:47 PM »
Topps put up an image of the postcard "stamp sheet". Looks great.

[spoiler=Souvenir Stamp Sheet][/spoiler]

I like it!

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #95 on: April 23, 2010, 02:43:42 PM »
I like it!
Those are totaly cool Kevin! I love the "oddball" stuff...probably because that's what I am!!! LOL :] Have a WACKY WEEKEND Brother...RonZ 8)

Taz

« Reply #96 on: April 23, 2010, 02:55:20 PM »
Those are totaly cool Kevin! I love the "oddball" stuff...probably because that's what I am!!! LOL :] Have a WACKY WEEKEND Brother...RonZ 8)

After seeing this I really want Topps to get the USPS to produce wacky packages stamps!

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #97 on: April 23, 2010, 03:04:08 PM »
After seeing this I really want Topps to get the USPS to produce wacky packages stamps!
Now that would be truly "WACKY"

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #98 on: April 23, 2010, 04:32:49 PM »
Has anyone recieved their new Wacky Binders yet?

Hate to sound like a party pooper here but,

I was wondering if I should order them or not since I have already made my own binders for all the previous series and their pretty nice. I would only sacrifice them if the Topps versions are made very well. Not like those Red and Yellow Wacky Package Collectors Albums (remember those) that were put out for ANS 1 and ANS 4 (although the color was an ANS 2 yellow). Those were made very flimsy and not nearly as good as the album binders I created myself. Personally I am not too concerned with the extra's, stamp sheet and wax pack wrapper. In many cases my binders were made well before many of these previous series even came out.

Here's the cart - and I know it's been awhile but, oh yeah, we gotta nice horse to pull it too.

Just want to know how good is that horse before I fork out da dough.....
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline HeadAndBoulders

« Reply #99 on: April 23, 2010, 04:39:34 PM »
I wish I could afford the binders.  Will the ANS binder hold all six series???  It looks like the old school binder is just for series one. 

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #100 on: April 23, 2010, 07:44:11 PM »
They shouldn't have labeled the Old School binder as series 1. How many collectors are going to put each little series into it's own big binder? You could probably fit about 7 Old School series in that thing.

I like the wrapper look of the postcard binder.

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #101 on: April 24, 2010, 12:16:09 AM »
Other than the numbers the stamps look great. I wonder why they numbered the character stamps.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #102 on: April 26, 2010, 03:19:51 PM »
I received the Old School and Postcard binders tonight. Very cool Puffy Binders. Much puffier than any other binders I own. They almost feel inflated. Very soft and puffy vinyl feel to them. The stamp sheet is quite nice and I think the numbers were to give them a "stamp feel"  ie: numbers instead of 8 Cents etc.  The wax pack
completes the Old School set. Great job on these. Makes me want to buy one of the 2010 series Binders also.

DrDeal

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #103 on: April 26, 2010, 03:24:30 PM »
I posted in the Philly thread that Topps will bring boxes, binders, uncut sheets and posters to the show but in numbers based on responses here.

Dave ,

Just got my Postcard and Old School Binders. They are great. Thanks for your attention to detail. Can you ask Topps to bring a few ANS 2010 Binders to the show? After seeing these I will get the third one.

Andrew

Offline ronlisa

• Ron's Game Room
« Reply #104 on: April 26, 2010, 03:33:22 PM »
That is high, I ordered all (3) and the total shipping was $10.25 that's a little more than a 50% difference! :o Where do you live? I'm from the "Cincinnati" (Ohio) area. All my WACKY best...RonZ 8)

I just ordered the Old School and All New Series Binders and cost me $13.80 for shipping here to the Kansas City MO. area. I played around with the shipping and they wanted about $12 just to ship just one binder so you take the biggest hit for shipping on the first binder and then after that the shipping is hardly nothing.

Not surprising though since this is almost true with any thing ordered.
Ron