Author Topic: Will Topps Offer Limited On-Line Wacky 50th Cards?  (Read 5722 times)

Offline DrDeal

Will Topps Offer Limited On-Line Wacky 50th Cards?
« on: November 04, 2016, 04:44:10 AM »
When I look at all the limited run, 24 hours offerings Topps has on its website for GPK and Baseball; I am left wondering how I would react if the same types of cards were available  for Wackys. I think that would be dangerous for many of us who lean to toward the impulsive side of buying habits.  Does anyone think Topps may do limited on-line offerings around Wacky 50th?  Would we want a special 50 card set with 1/1 , 1/25, 1/50 and 1/100 versions available.  Based on what Topps has been offering on-line for other lines; I wonder if they will apply those tactics to Wackies....and if that would be a good or bad thing.  Mixed emotions on my part. I know my wife would be upset  8) I would most likely get pretty involved.

Andrew

Offline drono

Re: Will Topps Offer Limited On-Line Wacky 50th Cards?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2016, 06:09:45 AM »
Topps had them for the MLB Wackies offerings, so why not with the 50th?  I just hope they never get into the "now" offerings that are only available for one day.

Offline quas

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2016, 06:24:11 AM »
When I look at all the limited run, 24 hours offerings Topps has on its website for GPK and Baseball; I am left wondering how I would react if the same types of cards were available  for Wackys. I think that would be dangerous for many of us who lean to toward the impulsive side of buying habits.  Does anyone think Topps may do limited on-line offerings around Wacky 50th?  Would we want a special 50 card set with 1/1 , 1/25, 1/50 and 1/100 versions available.  Based on what Topps has been offering on-line for other lines; I wonder if they will apply those tactics to Wackies....and if that would be a good or bad thing.  Mixed emotions on my part. I know my wife would be upset  8) I would most likely get pretty involved.

Andrew

I think we could have an entire string (if there isn't one already) about spousal reactions to our Wacky habits and to the amount of spending we do towards those habits.....
Marc

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2016, 10:13:00 AM »
Probably best to leave that alone. I could see the divorce rate spiking if the spouses ever got wind of it...

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2016, 10:22:04 AM »

Andrew

No Fear...I am Selling Hobby Collector Boxes for the 50th Anniversary Everyone whose interested can just PM me...great deals now...

Later
Hustler

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2016, 08:50:41 AM »
WHAT $$$$$

I traded for these.......

Offline Brian Mc

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2016, 01:20:44 PM »
Topps had them for the MLB Wackies offerings, so why not with the 50th?  I just hope they never get into the "now" offerings that are only available for one day.

Agree wholeheartedly. I don't live my life online, so I would most likely miss most (probably all) of these type of offers. Then, I'd be overpaying on ePay to retroactively collect them. In the words of Darth Vader, "Noooooooooooooooooooo" LOL
Brian Mc

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2016, 04:07:53 AM »
Agree wholeheartedly. I don't live my life online, so I would most likely miss most (probably all) of these type of offers. Then, I'd be overpaying on ePay to retroactively collect them. In the words of Darth Vader, "Noooooooooooooooooooo" LOL

Does anyone here have a friend who buys the GPK on-line offerings?  If they had wacky 24 hour sales i would be all over it and it could become a problem.

I would like to know if GPK people are pleased with having cards done that are offered for 24 hours. I can see getting most of them and then missing a few and being upset about having to pay scalpers.

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2016, 11:09:39 AM »
Does anyone here have a friend who buys the GPK on-line offerings?  If they had wacky 24 hour sales i would be all over it and it could become a problem.

I would like to know if GPK people are pleased with having cards done that are offered for 24 hours. I can see getting most of them and then missing a few and being upset about having to pay scalpers.

I started purchasing them when they first started the GPK ones but then they started coming pretty fast and furiously, and the price per card kept increasing. In addition, the artwork on the past few bunches has been looking less and less GPK-like and rushed, to say it kindly. Since most of these have been based on the presidential political race, themes and jokes have been reused several times. I basically just collect the base sets with GPK releases anyway so it didn't cause any psychological re-alignment to not be a completest with these.   I am really glad I am not a MLB card collector. There for awhile Topps was pumping out NOW cards everyday. That had to be getting expensive for a die hard collector.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2016, 09:43:09 PM »
Scot,

Thanks for your insight.

Andrew

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2016, 05:06:00 AM »
I started purchasing them when they first started the GPK ones but then they started coming pretty fast and furiously, and the price per card kept increasing. In addition, the artwork on the past few bunches has been looking less and less GPK-like and rushed, to say it kindly. Since most of these have been based on the presidential political race, themes and jokes have been reused several times. I basically just collect the base sets with GPK releases anyway so it didn't cause any psychological re-alignment to not be a completest with these.   I am really glad I am not a MLB card collector. There for awhile Topps was pumping out NOW cards everyday. That had to be getting expensive for a die hard collector.

I started buying the GPK political sets earlier this year - some were pretty funny!  I agree, they got to be too frequent, and expensive, and the quality declined.  I missed one of the 24 hour sales due to a family emergency, and so I will never have a complete set.  Fortunately, I'm not a die-hard GPK collector, and was just buying these as a novelty for what I thought was going to be a strange election season.  So, I'm not broken up about it, and now feel quite free to pass on the newer offerings like the one that ends today.

Wackys would be another story - if the only way we will get new Wackys is in this fashion, I would prefer week long offerings so that people don't have to worry that a day off-line might cost them big time on evilbay.  And, if they're going to be really expensive per sticker, I might just pass altogether.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 05:10:59 AM by RawGoo »

Offline quas

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2016, 05:21:45 AM »
How about 72 hours?
Marc

Offline Monsterettes

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2016, 11:59:27 AM »
I missed the Presidential Losers series, despite Patrick alerting the forum.  That series I would have liked to have. I'll just have to do with home-made print outs from the images online!

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2016, 10:58:58 AM »
WHat I find disturbing is I am a subscriber to the "newsletter"...... I get all these ridiculous e-mails about baseball this and baseball that - but NADA on the WPs .... IF I get one in many cases it is days old after the on-line release - MAYBE if they hit us up with an e-mail notification.....  we should be more engaged and buy the stuff..... but then again that is none of my business!!!

anything