Author Topic: another wacky in the online GPK 24 hour only  (Read 10568 times)

Offline DrDeal

Re: another wacky in the online GPK 24 hour only
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2016, 02:25:22 PM »
Got it!

Thanks,  Andrew

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2016, 03:03:39 PM »
there's gonna be a couple hundred of these things, so we'll have to think of a good way to differentiate the wording in all these thread titles to know what is what.

or maybe Pat can run a Sticky thread at the top of the Forum that always shows info on just the latest limited time offerings?

or in that scrolling banner we used to have up top?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 03:24:55 PM by Fanatical_and_Sickly »

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2016, 02:07:15 PM »
I wonder if this one will sell alot less than the first.  No posting yet on the the site of amount sold.

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2016, 05:02:51 PM »
No posting yet on the the site of amount sold.
likely nothing will get posted until Friday, or even later.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2016, 04:07:09 AM »
I wonder if this one will sell alot less than the first.  No posting yet on the the site of amount sold.

I will be surprised if it doesn't sell significantly fewer copies.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2016, 05:54:35 AM »

333 is my guess.  Happy Thanksgiving.

Offline quas

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2016, 07:48:08 AM »
333 is my guess.  Happy Thanksgiving.

Enough with the political stuff from Topps!!
Marc

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2016, 07:57:23 AM »
I'll guess same or better. All the gpk-ers will be buying the bundle pack to get the best price for their cards. And that will include the wacky. That's probably 350 right there. Add 100 for wacky collectors. Boom. 450.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2016, 08:40:09 AM »
I'll guess same or better. All the gpk-ers will be buying the bundle pack to get the best price for their cards. And that will include the wacky. That's probably 350 right there. Add 100 for wacky collectors. Boom. 450.

Am I the only person here who bought the first one, got disgruntled at the at the furious pace of expensive cards (and the no quantity discount on the Thanksgiving card) with limited purchasing windows, and chose to pass on this one? 
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 08:42:27 AM by RawGoo »

Offline quas

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2016, 08:50:42 AM »
Am I the only person here who bought the first one, got disgruntled at the at the furious pace of expensive cards (and the no quantity discount on the Thanksgiving card) with limited purchasing windows, and chose to pass on this one?

You are not the only one!  I am with you, Pat!
Marc

Offline Scheres

• toyghoul.com
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2016, 09:45:24 AM »
I bought the first one, skipped this one. 10 bucks for one card is too much for me.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2016, 09:49:52 AM »

I agree with your sentiments but did purchase one of the Coffee Parody. I think they are expensive; but am not ready to pass on them yet. I figure once I don't buy one I will be out. I am not ready to bail yet as they may come up with some killer ideas. Time will tell. I received my GPK Towering Trump card the other day and I thought it looked a little thin and cheap compared to retail releases. The Trump becomes President Card seemed be of higher quality IMO.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2016, 10:12:45 AM »
I agree with your sentiments but did purchase one of the Coffee Parody. I think they are expensive; but am not ready to pass on them yet. I figure once I don't buy one I will be out. I am not ready to bail yet as they may come up with some killer ideas. Time will tell. I received my GPK Towering Trump card the other day and I thought it looked a little thin and cheap compared to retail releases. The Trump becomes President Card seemed be of higher quality IMO.

If they had at least offered 2 copies of the Thanksgiving card for the $10, they would have kept me on the hook, at least for a little while.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2016, 11:39:45 AM »
If they had at least offered 2 copies of the Thanksgiving card for the $10, they would have kept me on the hook, at least for a little while.

Arn't most of the GPK on-line presidential releases $9.99 per card? I think they replicated the GPK retail release tactic of two versions of one card and charged $9.99 for the two cards on that last offering; but in general the GPK are $9.99 per card. With that in mind I didn't think the Wacky price was unprecedented; since they fall under the GPK Dis-Grace banner.

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2016, 05:29:15 PM »
410 for the Trumpbucks card

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2016, 05:53:12 PM »

Arn't most of the GPK on-line presidential releases $9.99 per card? I think they replicated the GPK retail release tactic of two versions of one card and charged $9.99 for the two cards on that last offering; but in general the GPK are $9.99 per card. With that in mind I didn't think the Wacky price was unprecedented; since they fall under the GPK Dis-Grace banner.

I only bought the GPK sets up through the national conventions, and those were $10 if you only wanted one pair of variations for one artwork.  They also had complete sets of 10 stickers for $30 (5 different images, including both A and B variations, a set of 16 stickers (8 different images with both variations) for $40, and a 20 sticker set  (10 different images with both variations) for $50.  Never did I pay anything approaching $10 for a single card.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2016, 10:04:21 AM »

So, 37 less than the first card, almost a 10% drop.  I'm curious about what the second card will do - it's not the first Wacky being done this way, it's more expensive, and it's not part of the Disgrace set, so if GPK fans opt to pass on the new GPKs in the Thanksgiving set that includes the second Wacky, they won't be ordering any.  But it was available for an entire week. 

I don't mind a little politics in Wackys occasionally, like Reaganettes and Prez, but the special themed line is rubbing me the wrong way.  I wish they had kept it in GPK, although that was already getting overdone.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2016, 02:58:06 PM »

Over 400 probably means they will keep these coming. Not much of a drop compared to the first one. That also means it won't be too expensive to pick one up if you passed on it and then changed your mind.

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2016, 05:59:25 PM »
I love the idea, especially if we get Topps offers an "exclusive" card, as long as it's reasonably priced!

Looks like the exciting times are back and we have some great anticipation and high hopes for the 50th anniversary set.  Yes, it won't be all parodies of real products and will focus a lot of pop culture and such, but it's great to have them!

My only confusion is that it seems like the postage fees were all different for each of the three cards so far, if you ordered more than one.  Or maybe it's just me, which is a strong possibility!   :-*

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2016, 01:55:24 AM »

My only confusion is that it seems like the postage fees were all different for each of the three cards so far, if you ordered more than one.  Or maybe it's just me, which is a strong possibility!   :-*

Didn't they all have free shipping if you selected Smartpost?

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2016, 07:03:13 AM »

Yes, they did. If it's available to me out in the sticks of rural Indiana, I assume it is an option for everyone.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2016, 07:57:58 AM »
  Never did I pay anything approaching $10 for a single card.

I wonder how we would feel if they had different levels of the 24 hour sale Wackies.  I think about what I saw for the Cubs after they won the World Series.

Topps had about many levels of each card they made at a wide range of prices. The shorter run cards sold out rapidly. Some had Autos or were relic cards but for Wackies they have alot of options if they want to try to pull more funds from us. So one type of card at $9.99 may be prefereable. Just saying....

Andrew
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 08:02:40 AM by DrDeal »

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2016, 08:06:34 AM »
   I wonder how we would feel if they had different levels of the 24 hour sale Wackies.  I think about what I saw for the Cubs after they won the World Series.

Topps had about four levels of each card they made with a 1/1 Gold version that was $$$. The shorter run cards sold out rapidly.

Andrew
I think they had that for the baseball wackys too. Some sold, some didn't.
I don't care for that stuff at all, purely a Topps money grab for bragging rights type of thing. Some folks love those items, just not for me.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2016, 08:24:22 AM »

Topps had about many levels of each card they made at a wide range of prices. The shorter run cards sold out rapidly. Some had Autos or were relic cards but for Wackies they have alot of options if they want to try to pull more funds from us. So one type of card at $9.99 may be prefereable. Just saying....

Andrew

Whether or not I like the product and price, I do not like the 24 hour sales because people have lives, and there are times when you can't be worried about checking out the internet.

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2016, 03:24:47 PM »

It was weird, I ordered five cards of the first one and they were trying to add twenty bucks PER CARD shipping.  The second one was okay, and now this third one (the Trumpbucks) was even less, I don't even think I paid the normal shipping at all.

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2016, 11:03:50 AM »
I'm losing track of HOW many special sets have been put out, just for the election alone....Alex

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2016, 12:35:52 PM »
I'm losing track of HOW many special sets have been put out, just for the election alone....Alex

You could check on a GPK site, but for the primaries, up through the conventions, I saw the following GPK sets:

Iowa set of 10
New Hampshire set of 18 
Super Tuesday set of 10 
Mega Tuesday set of 16 
April Primaries set of 10 
Losers set of 20 
RNC set of 10
DNC set of 10 

I think after that they went to the "Disgrace" set, where they are now up into 80+ cards.

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2016, 01:07:11 PM »
You could check on a GPK site, but for the primaries, up through the conventions, I saw the following GPK sets:

I think after that they went to the "Disgrace" set, where they are now up into 80+ cards.
yeah, all the individual Disg-race cards and mini-sets are being tracked on GPKUG really well in this thread

http://tinyurl.com/zbyld6y

there's also been all kinds of other ones:  prime-slimes, best of the fest, 4th of July, yada, yada, yada
« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 01:14:27 PM by Fanatical_and_Sickly »

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2016, 01:16:46 PM »
yeah, all the individual Disg-race cards and mini-sets are being tracked on GPKUG really well in this thread

http://tinyurl.com/zbyld6y

there's also been all kinds of other ones:  prime-slimes, best of the fest, 4th of July, yada, yada, yada

I am SO glad I never started on the Disgrace cards, or I'd have ended up feeling like a hostage to almost daily releases with just a 24 hour window.