Author Topic: Wacky Packages 50th Anniversary Series  (Read 135565 times)

Offline Choke_Wagon

• Yeeeeeeeee-ha!
Re: Wacky Packages 50th Anniversary Series
« Reply #70 on: November 11, 2016, 08:04:50 PM »
Same here. I think all of those"work" well as Wackys. Especially love Reaganets. It makes me laugh for some reason.

And from 2005

(Image removed from quote.)

I found this one offensive to me since Im Cuban and basically this guy is a mass murder to my people. His image just brings up a really bad time for my family. It was very strange how this gag got this far.

Offline mikecho

« Reply #71 on: November 14, 2016, 09:56:19 AM »
Those are not in the set. I don;t even know what Stingers is. All ten are new (old) Old School gags

Offline mikecho

« Reply #72 on: November 14, 2016, 10:02:15 AM »
I seem to remember in one of the OLDS posts on one of the checklists(I don't know which one) that Stingers was mentioned. Other than that,that's all I know. I don't even know what it looks like. I'll find out which one it is and get back to you.   Update:Stingers was mentioned in the post WP Old School 5 thread-SPOILERS(reply #10(6-5-14)).
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 10:17:02 AM by mikecho »

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #73 on: November 14, 2016, 12:09:41 PM »
I seem to remember in one of the OLDS posts on one of the checklists(I don't know which one) that Stingers was mentioned. Other than that,that's all I know. I don't even know what it looks like. I'll find out which one it is and get back to you.   Update:Stingers was mentioned in the post WP Old School 5 thread-SPOILERS(reply #10(6-5-14)).

I just looked and it's a gag Garry Browning did that Darryl wanted to be in the set. He makes lots of suggestions for different series.

Offline mikecho

« Reply #74 on: November 14, 2016, 03:24:17 PM »
Okay,thanks for telling me. I didn't even know it wasn't an actual sticker. That means the only one left to release is SpaghettoOs.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #75 on: November 15, 2016, 03:22:55 AM »
Okay,thanks for telling me. I didn't even know it wasn't an actual sticker. That means the only one left to release is SpaghettoOs.

When I was a kid, I kept hoping to find a Wacky of SpaghettiOs, as they were something I loved.  It would be great if Old School 6 could include one that Topps will approve!

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #76 on: November 21, 2016, 03:35:57 AM »
I pulled this description of the 50th Blaster Box from Steel City Collectibles. Best of the 80's stickers may be a Blaster Box Exclusive.

Configuration:

8 stickers per pack.
5 packs + 1 Bonus pack per box.
Bonus pack contains 5 Best of the '80s stickers.
2017 Topps Wacky Packages 50th Anniversary

Celebrating the past while looking to the future!

New subsets parody Pop Culture & Current Events!

Retro subsets focus on the original 1967 Series & Cereal Boxes!

All-new artwork! Sketch Cards! Artist Autographs!

LOOK FOR WACKY PACKAGES 50th Anniversary Sticker Cards in stores IN MARCH 2017

Online Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #77 on: November 21, 2016, 05:46:14 AM »
With 5 cards per bonus pack, this could be a nice, large subset.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 06:09:12 AM by Fanatical_and_Sickly »

« Reply #78 on: November 21, 2016, 04:46:44 PM »
Hey everyone - I haven't been here in a while but looks like I picked a good time to check in. Happy 50th Wacky Packages! Looking forward to this. BBG

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #79 on: November 21, 2016, 06:05:38 PM »
With 5 cards per bonus pack, this could be a nice, large subset.

Patrick, quite true.  I know the original series has been reprinted to death but could this be a first?  Has ANS ever been reprinted before?

• Administrator
« Reply #80 on: November 21, 2016, 07:22:18 PM »
Patrick, quite true.  I know the original series has been reprinted to death but could this be a first?  Has ANS ever been reprinted before?
Well, if the '80s description is correct, I'm guessing just the 1985 set and maybe some of the modified albums stickers?
Unless that really should have been the '00s in the write up?

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #81 on: November 21, 2016, 07:26:29 PM »
If anyone finds a place that has a pre-sale for the blaster (or blister?) boxes, can you post it here?  I'm always for pre-ordering a few.

Muchas Gracias

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #82 on: November 21, 2016, 07:30:20 PM »
Well, if the '80s description is correct, I'm guessing just the 1985 set and maybe some of the modified albums stickers?
Unless that really should have been the '00s in the write up?

Patrick, i believe it might be a typo.  The sales sheet describes it as best if the 00's and shows an ANS title.

• Administrator
« Reply #83 on: November 21, 2016, 08:18:24 PM »
Patrick, i believe it might be a typo.  The sales sheet describes it as best if the 00's and shows an ANS title.
Yep, you're right. I looked at the sales sheet again. Definitely '00s.
Seems like this could easily run 80-100 cards. Kind of hoping not, but we'll see.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #84 on: November 22, 2016, 03:27:03 AM »
If anyone finds a place that has a pre-sale for the blaster (or blister?) boxes, can you post it here?  I'm always for pre-ordering a few.

Muchas Gracias

Steel City Collectibles has the blaster up for pre-order. I trust they will be in abundance at Target also. That will be my play.

Offline dth1971

« Reply #85 on: November 22, 2016, 12:01:27 PM »
Celebrity Wacky Packages? They won't spoof real products!

Why not a lost Wackys subset? - even include a few of the never released 2014 Star Wars Wacky Packages entries!

Also: Will the Old School Wacky stickers in insert hobby packs be entries planned if there had been a Wacky Packages Old School 6th. series?

Offline dth1971

« Reply #86 on: November 22, 2016, 12:04:30 PM »
Same here. I think all of those"work" well as Wackys. Especially love Reaganets. It makes me laugh for some reason.

And from 2005

(Image removed from quote.)

Don't forget "Rice-a-Romney" as a bonus sticker in ANS10!

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #87 on: November 22, 2016, 01:32:00 PM »
Celebrity Wacky Packages? They won't spoof real products!

Why not a lost Wackys subset? - even include a few of the never released 2014 Star Wars Wacky Packages entries!

Also: Will the Old School Wacky stickers in insert hobby packs be entries planned if there had been a Wacky Packages Old School 6th. series?

All the Old School stickers in the 50th set were from roughs I had already saved from previous series so yes, they would have been in OLDS6. I have all of OLDS 6 written and draw and am working on the paintings now.

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #88 on: November 22, 2016, 02:15:17 PM »
All the Old School stickers in the 50th set were from roughs I had already saved from previous series so yes, they would have been in OLDS6. I have all of OLDS 6 written and draw and am working on the paintings now.

:o
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline dth1971

« Reply #89 on: November 22, 2016, 08:16:36 PM »

I hope one of them is the Dolly Madison Zingers spoof like the one that someone did years back!

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #90 on: December 06, 2016, 02:57:49 AM »
I am researching pricing on pre-orders for collector boxes and the best price I have found is DA Cardworld at $79.99. Has anyone found a better price?

Andrew

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
« Reply #91 on: December 06, 2016, 01:28:13 PM »
Wait.. is Old School 6 a confirmed thing now?  Did I miss an entire thread?

I have all of OLDS 6 written and draw and am working on the paintings now.
Jason Liebig - A swell TV host (currently on History Channel) who used to oversee Marvel Comics' X-Men - now creator and curator of WishbookWeb.com and CollectingCandy.com, a celebration of candy packaging, marketing and the people behind it all

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #92 on: December 06, 2016, 01:32:26 PM »
I am researching pricing on pre-orders for collector boxes and the best price I have found is DA Cardworld at $79.99. Has anyone found a better price?

Andrew

Andrew that's the best price I've seen as well.

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #93 on: December 06, 2016, 02:31:58 PM »
Wait.. is Old School 6 a confirmed thing now?  Did I miss an entire thread?

Yes, it comes out later this coming year. Will be done the end of January. Lots of good products I've always wanted to use.

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
« Reply #94 on: December 06, 2016, 04:42:51 PM »
That's OUTSTANDING news!!!

Yes, it comes out later this coming year. Will be done the end of January. Lots of good products I've always wanted to use.
Jason Liebig - A swell TV host (currently on History Channel) who used to oversee Marvel Comics' X-Men - now creator and curator of WishbookWeb.com and CollectingCandy.com, a celebration of candy packaging, marketing and the people behind it all

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #95 on: December 26, 2016, 03:56:00 AM »
I was looking at the sell sheet for this release again and noticed the Gold Parallels are 1/1. Have we ever had 1/1 Gold Cards for the base set before?

I wonder what these cold cards will go for and how cool they will look? If they are the Mustard Type Golds we have had as of late I will not be interested. If they are metallic gold that will be pretty cool. If there is a title I really like maybe I will go after all versions this time.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 03:58:10 AM by DrDeal »

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #96 on: December 26, 2016, 04:05:52 AM »
I was looking at the sell sheet for this release again and noticed the Gold Parallels are 1/1. Have we ever had 1/1 Gold Cards for the base set before?

I wonder what these cold cards will go for and how cool they will look? If they are the Mustard Type Golds we have had as of late I will not be interested. If they are metallic gold that will be pretty cool. If there is a title I really like maybe I will go after all versions this time.

The only 1/1 that I can think of would be the chrome superfractors.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #97 on: December 26, 2016, 05:48:47 AM »
The only 1/1 that I can think of would be the chrome superfractors.

So does that mean the Trump Building Blocks 1/1 Gold card will sell for $500?    ;)  I just hope they make the Gold ones look nice. No Mustard Please. :-*

Offline Jason Brower

• jasonbrowerart.com
« Reply #98 on: December 26, 2016, 08:14:21 AM »
I'll be doing sketch cards for this release and will have five regular, two shaped and two panoramic returns available. Message me if you want to reserve any of them and for pricing. Thanks.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #99 on: December 27, 2016, 04:48:39 AM »
I placed my pre-order with DA Cardworld for 3 Collector Boxes of this release. Price was $79.95 with free shipping for orders over $200. That was the best price I could find. I plan on buying at least 1 Gravity Feed at retail if I can find it in an excell shipping box at Target or it looks untouched on the shelf.  I will also buy 3 or 4 Blaster Boxes at retail. Hoping to pull some cool sketches, a Medallion card and a 1/1 Gold Base Card from these purchases. What are others planning to do?

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #100 on: December 27, 2016, 06:26:38 AM »
I'll be doing sketch cards for this release and will have five regular, two shaped and two panoramic returns available. Message me if you want to reserve any of them and for pricing. Thanks.

Congrats, Jason!  I'm looking forward to seeing all these incredible sketches from you and ALL you great artists!  It seems
like Topps is embracing the 50th anniversary celebration with this one!

Offline Jason Brower

• jasonbrowerart.com
« Reply #101 on: December 27, 2016, 07:07:14 AM »
I'm really looking forward to this big anniversary set. It'll be my ninth Wacky related set and I plan on really digging into this one. Most of my previous sets have been markers with a bit of acrylic but for this I plan on doing all acrylics. Mini paintings focusing only on the sixteen original series.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #102 on: December 27, 2016, 07:11:28 AM »
I placed my pre-order with DA Cardworld for 3 Collector Boxes of this release. Price was $79.95 with free shipping for orders over $200. That was the best price I could find. I plan on buying at least 1 Gravity Feed at retail if I can find it in an excell shipping box at Target or it looks untouched on the shelf.  I will also buy 3 or 4 Blaster Boxes at retail. Hoping to pull some cool sketches, a Medallion card and a 1/1 Gold Base Card from these purchases. What are others planning to do?

I am looking forward to the "Old School" subset, and some sketches, but haven't decided whether to buy a base set.  While I understand Topps' moves to reinvent Wackys for the current generation of kids, I was truly hoping that the anniversary set would be more of a tribute to the original Wackys.  Quite honestly, I wouldn't know Beyonce if she walked into my office, and I expect most of the celebrity Wackys are going to be lost on me.

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #103 on: December 27, 2016, 09:49:30 AM »
I'm really looking forward to this big anniversary set. It'll be my ninth Wacky related set and I plan on really digging into this one. Most of my previous sets have been markers with a bit of acrylic but for this I plan on doing all acrylics. Mini paintings focusing only on the sixteen original series.

Jason, 9 series is super impressive.  Your approach sounds like a blast!  I assume a bit of color as well?

Offline Jason Brower

• jasonbrowerart.com
« Reply #104 on: December 27, 2016, 11:38:29 AM »
Jason, 9 series is super impressive.  Your approach sounds like a blast!  I assume a bit of color as well?

Thanks, Joe. Yes, all color.

anything