Author Topic: Back to the Future Cards wanted  (Read 9238 times)

Offline landoquakes

Back to the Future Cards wanted
« on: July 21, 2010, 06:56:05 PM »
Hi everyone,

Long time no post. I am slowly getting back into the trading scene. I am looking for Back to the Future Cards. My youngest son is trying to put a set together and he needs about 20 or so. If anyone has any let me know and I can trade other nonsports for them. I'd trade for a set, unopened packs, whatever. I have quite a few odds and ends lying around to trade, but I don't have any decent wackys to trade (that I know of) drop me an e-mail at happypebbl@hotmail.com

-lando

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
Re: Back to the Future Cards wanted
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2010, 07:10:04 PM »
Hi everyone,

Long time no post. I am slowly getting back into the trading scene. I am looking for Back to the Future Cards. My youngest son is trying to put a set together and he needs about 20 or so. If anyone has any let me know and I can trade other nonsports for them. I'd trade for a set, unopened packs, whatever. I have quite a few odds and ends lying around to trade, but I don't have any decent wackys to trade (that I know of) drop me an e-mail at happypebbl@hotmail.com

-lando
Hey dude, good to see you again!  As October rolls around, remind us so one of us can look for missing pieces at the Philly show for you.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2010, 07:19:07 PM »
Hi everyone,

-lando

I have a huge number of late 70s/ early 80s cards I found in my basement but sorry, no BTTF. If you need any other cards for sets from this era LMK. It was stuff like Grease, Happy Days, Close Encounters, King Kong, KISS, Hulk, Superman, etc. I don't collect them so they are just laying around.

Offline landoquakes

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2010, 08:34:02 PM »
Thanks for checking! I bought a box of them from Marchant cards and gave them all away. Now thare aren't any at Marchant anymore. Its not too often that a dumped product sells out at Marchant. They must have had a ton of them at one time. I suppose it is the Michael J Fox fans out there. It was worth a shot :)

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2010, 04:34:55 AM »
Thanks for checking! I bought a box of them from Marchant cards and gave them all away. Now thare aren't any at Marchant anymore. Its not too often that a dumped product sells out at Marchant. They must have had a ton of them at one time. I suppose it is the Michael J Fox fans out there. It was worth a shot :)
Hi Lando!  I must have some Back to the Future cards here, will check for you after work today.  I think we were also talking about some Star Trek sets, have to see what was in my last emails...... 

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2010, 09:16:29 PM »
I found my extra Back to the Future II cards!!  Lando gets first choice, but if anyone else needs some singles, send me a want list and I'll check for them.

Offline ROID

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2010, 09:20:46 PM »
Did they have cards for the original movie or just the sequel?

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2010, 04:44:53 AM »
Did they have cards for the original movie or just the sequel?
Unfortunately, Topps only made trading cards for Back to the Future Part II.  But hey, the flying DeLorean looks COOL!  I still have model kits of the various DeLorean versions from the 3 movies, and an awesome 1:18 diecast version of the flying one.  Corgi made a 1:36.  And Johnny Lightning did a fantastic 'Matchbox' size version in their Hollywood on Wheels series - that package came with a special limited edition card (I think there were 8 different cards).  Someday I'd love to collect all those insert cards.

Offline landoquakes

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2010, 08:51:10 PM »
Pat, my son loved the cards! I had to get out my penny sleeves for him to protect them. I'll have to check out the Johnny lightning delorean.. I did see a good replica that had sounds and everything.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2010, 11:08:27 PM »
Pat, my son loved the cards! I had to get out my penny sleeves for him to protect them. I'll have to check out the Johnny lightning delorean.. I did see a good replica that had sounds and everything.

I love getting kids excited about card collecting! 

I've been trying to get some good pics of the various DeLoreans I have, but I can't seem to take a clear shot.  Same thing happened when Neil asked for soda bottle pics.  Maybe my $99 camera was just a waste of money, but I'll try again, hopefully this weekend.

Wish I had the model kit I painted, it came out fantastic.