Author Topic: PSA Shedds Theft  (Read 4069 times)

Offline CherryBombs

PSA Shedds Theft
« on: October 11, 2016, 02:26:37 AM »
Has anyone ever been a victim ? I submitted 76 cards 2 weeks ago only to receive an email stating I only submitted 75. The card in question was Gadzooka which I have proof of purchase and was a prize card for me in that it was in extremely high grade condition and I state that based on my knowledge of my past low grade submissions years ago to my most recent submission with an average of 7's and many 8's. I don't think they know how much this card meant to me when I received it and after a detailed inspection under a lighted magnifier with all corners having absolutely no fraying when held at 90 degrees on all corners. I knew that this was going to be one of the jewels if not the crown in this submission so, of all cards they happen to lose, steal, lie it had to be this one with a pop of 4 . I received a call back yesterday from a pee-on that i believe was gauging my temperament and tone. Thus far I have remained calm and direct in that I will accept nothing less than my card back either graded or ungraded and that should I have to... I will retain an attorney to further communicate on my behalf if the card is not magically found immediately. I said this in a calm and direct manner to let them know my intent and that a voucher or anything lees than my Gadzooka will be acceptable.The errand boy stated that the tapes were pulled and that nothing was suspicious or any evidence of theft. I was then told that a manager would call me back to discuss it it with me I won't put his name as of now. I told them my availability during the day and the return call was never made to me inflaming me even further. I venture to guess that the call will come today... my question to all is how would you go about this to find an acceptable solution and try to maintain my relationship with them because unfortunately they've monopolized the grading industry as for market value and reputation. I would really appreciate any advice on how to proceed initially today ?
eBay ID: vintage-trading-cards

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
Re: PSA Shedds Theft
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2016, 09:38:41 AM »
Sorry to hear about your dilemma.  If I had any useful advice, I'd say make sure to document everything (scans, mailing/purchase receipts, phone calls, etc).

Good luck and I hope you get that call from the manager and it all has a happy ending.

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2016, 10:08:54 AM »
Everyone's nightmare.  I personally doubt very strongly that PSA graders who are routinely examining high grade sports cards worth 5-6 figures would choose a Shedds Gadzooka to risk their job over. Much more likely is it somehow became separated from the rest of your submission by whomever opens the packages. This is the first instance of your situation I've ever heard of, I really hope the card is found.

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2016, 10:11:44 AM »
Do you remember where the Gadzooka was located within the stack of cards you submitted? I.e was it the first or the last card?

Offline CherryBombs

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2016, 05:32:55 PM »
As it turns out the card was in the submission after all. The issue was that I made mistakenly added an additional 73' Tan Back when in fact I have only 1 so, the error was on my behalf in that I had stated i submitted 2... as cards are accepted they are immediately counted before being matched to the submission form so, the process immediately stopped once the count did not correspond the the total on the submission form and the into the next process comes the matching of the cards. I'm still confused on how they mistook a non existent extra tan back for the 77' Shedd's because I was originally told that the Shedd's was not among the cards submitted. At any rate I humbly apologized for the error on my part and told them that I'm embarrassed that with my past experience not to have done a final count to match each card the form before packing was an extremely novice mistake. I really believed it was theft and yet I was conflicted because I knew it was extremely improbable due to the tight controls once our submission is in their possession. As turned out it was my own error that caused the misunderstanding and the process has commenced and I look forward to seeing how my eye has improved from my last submission. And thanks to Dave and Neil for the positive feedback and concern... I don't know if I can find a big enough crow to consume after my strong accusation of theft initially.

Offline CherryBombs

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2016, 05:39:07 PM »

Offline CherryBombs

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2016, 05:56:23 PM »
After viewing the form after the phone call I see that I did only put one 73' Tan Back I just assumed he was correct in that I had made the mistake of adding an additional one. So, Im conflicted yet again !

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2016, 03:46:48 AM »
After viewing the form after the phone call I see that I did only put one 73' Tan Back I just assumed he was correct in that I had made the mistake of adding an additional one. So, Im conflicted yet again !

So they made a clerical error, and told you it was your counting error?  But, they didn't steal your Shedd's sticker?  I hope that's what happened, and you didn't actually lose any items.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 04:09:48 AM by RawGoo »

Offline Tom Keen

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2016, 10:26:18 AM »
As it turns out the card was in the submission after all. The issue was that I made mistakenly added an additional 73' Tan Back when in fact I have only 1 so, the error was on my behalf in that I had stated i submitted 2... as cards are accepted they are immediately counted before being matched to the submission form so, the process immediately stopped once the count did not correspond the the total on the submission form and the into the next process comes the matching of the cards. I'm still confused on how they mistook a non existent extra tan back for the 77' Shedd's because I was originally told that the Shedd's was not among the cards submitted. At any rate I humbly apologized for the error on my part and told them that I'm embarrassed that with my past experience not to have done a final count to match each card the form before packing was an extremely novice mistake. I really believed it was theft and yet I was conflicted because I knew it was extremely improbable due to the tight controls once our submission is in their possession. As turned out it was my own error that caused the misunderstanding and the process has commenced and I look forward to seeing how my eye has improved from my last submission. And thanks to Dave and Neil for the positive feedback and concern... I don't know if I can find a big enough crow to consume after my strong accusation of theft initially.
Did you submit 2 of anything? 

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2016, 06:08:16 AM »
I am glad you got it back - I would be ill if something so near to me was lost like that!

anything