Author Topic: Fall Allentown Show (Oct 15th/16th).  (Read 19022 times)

Offline Pupsi-Cola

Fall Allentown Show (Oct 15th/16th).
« on: October 09, 2016, 03:00:52 PM »
As of yesterday, We are a week out from another get together at MSM for the Philly Non-Sport show. Time to get a body count, I plan on being there Sat. But like the spring show, I won't be able to stay overnight. For those able to come, I'm in need of ans singles from 6 and 9 and a few empty gravity feed boxes. Thank you for any help, Mark (Shoe).

Offline NationalSpittoon

Re: Fall Allentown Show (Oct 15th/16th).
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2016, 03:35:32 PM »
You know I'll be there Saturday bright and early.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2016, 04:12:51 PM »
My Son's collegiate Soccer games in Troy NY on Fri and Sat trump Wackies. Have fun.

Offline freetoes

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2016, 04:58:58 PM »
As of yesterday, We are a week out from another get together at MSM for the Philly Non-Sport show. Time to get a body count, I plan on being there Sat. But like the spring show, I won't be able to stay overnight. For those able to come, I'm in need of ans singles from 6 and 9 and a few empty gravity feed boxes. Thank you for any help, Mark (Shoe).

I'll be there Saturday and Sunday.  The pack run is on its way to a new home, but it's always fun to see everyone again.

Offline quas

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2016, 05:21:27 PM »
I'll be there Saturday.
Marc

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2016, 06:32:23 AM »
Unfortunately, I can't attend.  Really wish I could, as I have a lot of ANS singles and sets that I need to get out of the house.  Also a huge box of extra PSA original series Wackys that I haven't been able to finish making a list of.

Have fun everybody!
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 06:34:02 AM by RawGoo »

Offline Jason Brower

• jasonbrowerart.com
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2016, 04:10:08 PM »
I'll be there as a guest artist and will have  all kinds of stuff available ( official sketches, psc, prints, comic covers, etc..not all Wacky though). I also plan on bringing my rejected Brokes candy corpse painting and my storyboard color drawings for the First Annual Wacky day comic book. Stop by and day hello!

Offline Hipton

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2016, 12:19:28 PM »
I'm sorry to say I can't make it. I was talking to JFK about how us old timers should try to get together for the 50th Anniversary of Wackys for the Spring 2017 show. Have fun, I really miss hanging with Shoe, Freetoes, SoreMel and the rest of the gang!

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2016, 06:51:50 PM »
I'm sorry to say I can't make it. I was talking to JFK about how us old timers should try to get together for the 50th Anniversary of Wackys for the Spring 2017 show. Have fun, I really miss hanging with Shoe, Freetoes, SoreMel and the rest of the gang!

Wish you could be there Cheryl, Let's really try hard to assemble you, JFK, myself, Brute 88, Pat, Elizabeth, Etc. In other words collectors that have been absent from this show entirely too long.

Offline dth1971

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2016, 06:38:32 AM »
I don't know if the Topps booth at the Fall Allentown Show will reveal plans for the 2017 Topps Wacky Packages 50th. Anniversary - Maybe a set of the best 100 Wacky Packages of the past 50 years as voted by Wacky Packages fans, along with 20 never before released new entries?

Offline Jason Brower

• jasonbrowerart.com
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2016, 10:01:32 AM »
I'll have these paintings from Neil Camera's Monsters series 11 available at the Philly show this weekend.

Online Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2016, 08:41:31 PM »
I don't know if the Topps booth at the Fall Allentown Show will reveal plans for the 2017 Topps Wacky Packages 50th. Anniversary - Maybe a set of the best 100 Wacky Packages of the past 50 years as voted by Wacky Packages fans, along with 20 never before released new entries?

Topps isn't listed as having a table??? Might they not be there....quite possible unless the website is wrong...George will be there...

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2016, 06:04:40 AM »
VERY SAD!

The CUSTOMERS .... NOT Topps has been keeping our gendre alive for decades...... They turn their backs on us.....

I would like to spray some Windhex on them and let Mr.Mean have a stern talking to them :-)

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2016, 12:52:53 PM »
So, has anyone had any good finds?  Sorry I couldn't be there  :sad:

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2016, 04:04:22 PM »
Well for the people who have bigger collections than me wouldn't say I picked up good finds but I got some wacky ads, diecuts, and OS. (Diecuts specifically non-repeats)

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2016, 04:29:28 PM »
Also sorry to Mark S. for not having an updated ANS list for you. I was worried about the game plan.  :]

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2016, 04:40:23 PM »
Also sorry to Mark S. for not having an updated ANS list for you. I was worried about the game plan.  :]

I was looking for you at the show. I brought all my extras and was going to see if you needed any of them, but Shoemaker said you were gone.

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2016, 03:36:37 AM »
I was looking for you at the show. I brought all my extras and was going to see if you needed any of them, but Shoemaker said you were gone.

Oh, sorry.

Offline freetoes

« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2016, 07:24:13 PM »
I couldn't find any of the dies I needed, but I had a happy buyer who needed the Toadal poster to help complete a set.  I also picked up George's new Kreepy promo card, and saw some people I hadn't seen in a couple of years.

One seller had some Series 1's with "Andy" written on the back.  That appealed to my sense of irony.

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2016, 07:30:05 PM »
I couldn't find any of the dies I needed, but I had a happy buyer who needed the Toadal poster to help complete a set.  I also picked up George's new Kreepy promo card, and saw some people I hadn't seen in a couple of years.

One seller had some Series 1's with "Andy" written on the back.  That appealed to my sense of irony.
Were they solid near mint?
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline freetoes

« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2016, 06:18:22 AM »
Were they solid near mint?

Lol, they looked decent otherwise.  There was another that had "Paul" on the back, without the "Maul."

I once traced a kid who signed his name on a Mustard Charge.  According to LinkedIn, he's now a contractor in the Rockaway area.

Offline quas

« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2016, 06:49:38 AM »
Lol, they looked decent otherwise.  There was another that had "Paul" on the back, without the "Maul."

I once traced a kid who signed his name on a Mustard Charge.  According to LinkedIn, he's now a contractor in the Rockaway area.

Have you tried using his Mustard Charge credit card number to make purchases?    ;D
Marc

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2016, 03:27:36 PM »
I couldn't find any of the dies I needed
John, I had several dies with me, only found a new home for one of them. Maybe I can help, which ones you looking for? PM, if you prefer.

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2016, 05:18:47 PM »
So, has anyone had any good finds?  Sorry I couldn't be there  :sad:

I picked up a few things, a 2nd ser. eraser set, a sealed flashback 1 box, a 2nd ser. U.K. puzzle piece(Which BTW if anyone on here can help me locate the other 8, I would appreciate that) And 1 of the dealers gave me a free jigsaw puzzle.

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2016, 05:31:08 PM »

Spoiler Alert!!!!! Except for those of course that were at the show over the weekend that already know this info. For those who weren't able to make the spring show, You will definitely want to make plans to attend the spring show in "17". The dates for that show are the 22/23rd of April and some of the G.P.K. and Wacky artists will be attending this show, Amongst the artists that will be there is the one, the only, your friend and mine, NEIL CAMERA!!!!! Hope you don't mind all the build-up Neil-LOL.

Offline quas

« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2016, 05:46:22 PM »

Spoiler Alert!!!!! Except for those of course that were at the show over the weekend that already know this info. For those who weren't able to make the spring show, You will definitely want to make plans to attend the spring show in "17". The dates for that show are the 22/23rd of April and some of the G.P.K. and Wacky artists will be attending this show, Amongst the artists that will be there is the one, the only, your friend and mine, NEIL CAMERA!!!!! Hope you don't mind all the build-up Neil-LOL.

Thanks Mark.  I know what I'll be doing on 4/22/2017!
Marc

Offline freetoes

« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2016, 07:10:56 PM »
Have you tried using his Mustard Charge credit card number to make purchases?    ;D

I used it to get a Cheddarwurst at Turkey Hill.  This despite the fact that the numbers were in sequence, and it "expired" more than 40 years ago.  I hope that clerk doesn't get fired.

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2016, 07:11:18 PM »

rockaway as in NJ?
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline freetoes

« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2016, 07:48:07 PM »
Yes.  Correction:  He works or worked for Allan Industries in Rockaway.

Offline freetoes

« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2016, 08:15:11 PM »
John, I had several dies with me, only found a new home for one of them. Maybe I can help, which ones you looking for? PM, if you prefer.

PM sent.  Thanks, Tom.

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2016, 10:54:46 AM »

Ha! Yes, it's true Mark! And thanks for that very grand announcement! I'm blushing.

In all seriousness, the 2017 Allentown show represents a lot more than just another show to me. It's a culmination of 50 years of the Wacky Packages brand, the art, the humor, and most of all the loyal fans. In fact, I've known many of you for a long, long time (30 years in some cases) but I've met very few in person, so this show will have special significance for me. And in all honesty, it's likely to be my one and only appearance there, so I hope many of you can make it. To me, that's the most meaningful way to celebrate a 50th Anniversary!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 01:41:58 PM by koduck »

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2016, 01:32:37 PM »
Sounds like a Wacky Party to me ;) See you there Neil!  Glad you could attend.

Andrew

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2016, 02:39:28 PM »
Yeah hopefully I'll get to meet you Neil, just met Jason Brower! Cool guy.

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2016, 07:58:39 PM »
I'll save the date and definitely should be there! 

Nothing can top my experience in Vegas meeting a lot of you for the first time,
but it should be just as incredible!

And a few thousand miles less to travel!

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2016, 07:25:59 AM »
Great to hear you'll be there Paul! This show might even rival the Vegas show, especially for Wacky fans!