Author Topic: Unopened Packs  (Read 22932 times)

Offline NationalSpittoon

Re: Unopened Packs
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2016, 03:18:59 PM »
Hmm thanks I guess. All the packs I've opened have had those attributes except the knights move.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 03:21:08 PM by NationalSpittoon »

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2016, 01:27:18 PM »
Upon inspection, I now know that the 7th and 8ths are definitely reseals. The checklist doesn't match the printing for the cards in either pack.

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2016, 01:39:44 PM »
Upon inspection, I now know that the 7th and 8ths are definitely reseals. The checklist doesn't match the printing for the cards in either pack.

You mean the checklist is not for the same series as the stickers???

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2016, 02:21:42 PM »
You mean the checklist is not for the same series as the stickers???

No I mean that the checklist for example had two asterisks, while the cards only had one.

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2016, 03:01:47 PM »
No I mean that the checklist for example had two asterisks, while the cards only had one.

That can happen in a legit pack, the checklists are from a totally different sheet, the stickers are from the same half-sheet.

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2016, 03:02:37 AM »
That can happen in a legit pack, the checklists are from a totally different sheet, the stickers are from the same half-sheet.

Oh okay. The cards all had the same asterisks.. The more you know.

Offline Tom Keen

« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2016, 10:22:13 AM »
Oh okay. The cards all had the same asterisks.. The more you know.
This is interesting!  For series in which checklists changed to reflect a change in the series such as Pupsi being removed, is there no correlation between the checklist run and the sticker run?  Does this mean one could get a Pupsi in a pack with a non Pupsi puzzle?  Same with Bum and Choke packs?

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2016, 10:47:59 AM »
This is interesting!  For series in which checklists changed to reflect a change in the series such as Pupsi being removed, is there no correlation between the checklist run and the sticker run?  Does this mean one could get a Pupsi in a pack with a non Pupsi puzzle?  Same with Bum and Choke packs?

I don't think it's right to say there is no correlation. For example, by the end of the series run, I imagine the stickers and checklist were in sync.

In the 4th series, there was an intermediate sheet with no Bum, Choke, Mess or Windhex, and I imagine much of the time those stickers were in packs with a Bum/Choke checklist, to the immense frustration of diehard collectors.

So yes, there was likely an intermediate period where packs had a Pupsi checklist, but no chance at a Pupsi sticker. My guess would be the stickers were pulled before the checklists were corrected.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2016, 05:19:58 PM »
a change in the series such as Pupsi being removed
Pupsi was added.    >:D :P :]

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2016, 07:18:47 PM »
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 05:24:44 PM by RawGoo »

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #45 on: September 02, 2016, 08:53:48 AM »
I can tell you this from my memory of buying and collecting packs at the local stores
"live" and "in person" when I was younger.

10th Series was released during the summer months, as I was staying down Cape Cod.
I remember getting Pupsi and it was on the stickers when the series was first out.
Not much later on, it was impossible to find one, but it was on the checklist.  Then it
did get removed from the checklist, but I'm not sure (and probably impossible to
determine) if it was pulled first, then the checklist altered afterwards, or it both
were done at the same time.

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #46 on: September 02, 2016, 01:36:10 PM »
I can tell you this from my memory of buying and collecting packs at the local stores
"live" and "in person" when I was younger.

10th Series was released during the summer months, as I was staying down Cape Cod.
I remember getting Pupsi and it was on the stickers when the series was first out.
Not much later on, it was impossible to find one, but it was on the checklist.  Then it
did get removed from the checklist, but I'm not sure (and probably impossible to
determine) if it was pulled first, then the checklist altered afterwards, or it both
were done at the same time.

This was my recollection as well. Although its odd I remember being in Cape Cod since I was in Logansport, Indiana at that time. But the rest rings true.  ;)
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #47 on: September 05, 2016, 09:46:08 PM »
According to greg's recent unopened pack auction, "Now I should warn people that the majority of unopened packs floating around are fakes"...."Along with another wacky collector, one of the very very few with absolute integrity, we developed foolproof methods for validating packs. I won't publish that because it will also help the forgers"

Who is the other collector with absolute integrity?  Having absolute integrity is really quite something.  What exactly does that mean?  Does it mean not a single thing the person does is for personal benefit?  Does it mean the person never told a lie ever?  This is absolutely stunning!

I guess we should all just kill our unopened packs as majority are fakes.   :]
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #48 on: October 10, 2016, 07:20:27 PM »
I am getting ready to sell off a bunch of stuff and one of the things that I plan to sell is my framed set of six Original Series packs.  One of each color.

Pictures available here:

https://flic.kr/s/aHskJdFoet

All of these packs are legit, sealed, packs.  Details below:

2nd Series Red:  0-422-85-01-3
6th Series Blue:  0-462-21-01-3
8th Series Orange:   0-465-21-02-4
10th Series Purple:  0-477-85-01-4
12th Series Green:  0-407-85-01-4
14th Series Yellow:  0-489-21-01-5

I got the 2nd Series pack from Bill F (Kook on the forum) and it was verified by Dave S (Paul_Maul).
The 6th Series pack was one of 3 graded packs I bought several years ago.
The 8th and 10th Series packs came from Dave S.
The 12th and 14th series packs came from Greg G.

I would prefer to sell the entire set, in the frame, but will consider selling the packs individually if there is no interest in buying the whole display.

Before I post a price for this, I am working on coming up with a way to let all forum members have a shot at this instead of just the first person who happens to read this post!

Stay tuned folks!
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline Tom Keen

« Reply #49 on: October 13, 2016, 10:32:35 AM »
I am getting ready to sell off a bunch of stuff and one of the things that I plan to sell is my framed set of six Original Series packs.  One of each color.

Pictures available here:

https://flic.kr/s/aHskJdFoet

All of these packs are legit, sealed, packs.  Details below:

2nd Series Red:  0-422-85-01-3
6th Series Blue:  0-462-21-01-3
8th Series Orange:   0-465-21-02-4
10th Series Purple:  0-477-85-01-4
12th Series Green:  0-407-85-01-4
14th Series Yellow:  0-489-21-01-5

I got the 2nd Series pack from Bill F (Kook on the forum) and it was verified by Dave S (Paul_Maul).
The 6th Series pack was one of 3 graded packs I bought several years ago.
The 8th and 10th Series packs came from Dave S.
The 12th and 14th series packs came from Greg G.

I would prefer to sell the entire set, in the frame, but will consider selling the packs individually if there is no interest in buying the whole display.

Before I post a price for this, I am working on coming up with a way to let all forum members have a shot at this instead of just the first person who happens to read this post!

Stay tuned folks!
I don't visit this forum that often, when do you think you will have a price and the selling mechanism in place?

Offline BustedFinger

« Reply #50 on: October 17, 2016, 01:28:36 PM »
My apologies everyone.  The set of packs has been sold.  I originally intended to try to set up some kind of "offer" system to buy the things I am getting ready to sell but I found I just don't have the time right now.

I am getting ready to sell a bunch of stuff in the next few days but I will post the items in the "Sell" threads.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2016, 05:34:30 PM »
My apologies everyone.  The set of packs has been sold.  I originally intended to try to set up some kind of "offer" system to buy the things I am getting ready to sell but I found I just don't have the time right now.

I am getting ready to sell a bunch of stuff in the next few days but I will post the items in the "Sell" threads.

I really like how you had those packs framed.  I don't know if I would have been interested in buying it as I don't likely have that kind of money now, but I have a similar set of six different colored packs.  I could see framing mine as you did.  Was your professionally framed?  I couldn't quite tell from the pic, but was there glass over the front? 

Offline BustedFinger

« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2016, 05:54:55 PM »
I really like how you had those packs framed.  I don't know if I would have been interested in buying it as I don't likely have that kind of money now, but I have a similar set of six different colored packs.  I could see framing mine as you did.  Was your professionally framed?  I couldn't quite tell from the pic, but was there glass over the front?

I framed them myself.  Here is a link to the post were I described how I did it:

http://www.wackypackagesforum.com/index.php?topic=53.msg31054#msg31054

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #53 on: October 19, 2016, 11:25:23 AM »
I framed them myself.  Here is a link to the post were I described how I did it:

http://www.wackypackagesforum.com/index.php?topic=53.msg31054#msg31054

Thanks for the info!  I'm not terribly handy, but it looks doable.  I appreciate your taking the time to pass on the info!

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #54 on: October 19, 2016, 03:52:31 PM »
I did mine a bit different - I have posted this before:

Series 1-16 Unopened:

« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 05:25:10 PM by RawGoo »

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #55 on: October 19, 2016, 04:04:06 PM »
I did mine a bit different - I have posted this before:

Series 1-16 Unopened:

Love it!  Nothing like a bunch of unopened original series Wackys to make the heart beat faster.  Well, maybe a few things...

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #56 on: October 19, 2016, 04:56:18 PM »
Thank you!

I would be REALLLLLY hard pressed if I had a Die-Cut unopened pack...... THAT would drive me RatzEE!

anything