Author Topic: WACKY POSTCARDS ARE BACK!!! NO FOOLIN'!!!  (Read 821 times)

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
Re: WACKY POSTCARDS ARE BACK!!! NO FOOLIN'!!!
« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2020, 06:39:48 AM »
Pity they didn't make a new binder for these.

Who knows what we'll see in 2020?!

Offline Lavirus

« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2020, 07:10:50 AM »
Who knows what we'll see in 2020?!

Such a tease...  >:D

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2020, 11:04:55 AM »
From the "Things that sometimes give you just a wee bit of doubt that Topps might not have their act completely together." dept.  From today's emailing advert:

aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2020, 11:20:50 AM »
hehe, that is part of the April Fools' prank, but it would
be nice to make sure that if someone is searching "Wacky Packages,"
the sets are there, and they are, I just tried it.

Although I'm only seeing the regular set, is that a sign that the special
edition sets are already sold out?   :great:

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2020, 11:25:24 AM »
From the "Things that sometimes give you just a wee bit of doubt that Topps might not have their act completely together." dept.  From today's emailing advert:

If I remember correctly, the last Wacky series, and possibly earlier ones, were also listed under GPK in the emails.  And, I imagine the GPK parody is in front to entice GPK collectors to buy the postcard set(s).

Offline Jason Brower

• jasonbrowerart.com
« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2020, 06:01:09 PM »

Here's my one and only AP that's available. I did a small amount for the set.

Offline Swiski

« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2020, 08:44:06 AM »
I have a question regarding ALL of the postcard sets released - was there ever a time where the parody artwork on the front of the bio cards was different than the parody art on the postcards? In most cases, the bio cards are basically trading card sized versions of the postcards with the bio information on the backs.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2020, 09:45:12 AM »
I have a question regarding ALL of the postcard sets released - was there ever a time where the parody artwork on the front of the bio cards was different than the parody art on the postcards? In most cases, the bio cards are basically trading card sized versions of the postcards with the bio information on the backs.

You're right, most of the bio cards were trading card sized versions of postcards.  But, there were two Mark Parisi bio cards included in packs that featured his rough art (Wander, which was a postcard, and  Mr. Ghoulbar, which was a bonus card).  And there were two bio cards that had the exact artwork used on bonus cards (Pampered and Necko).  Finally, the Starbeast bio card doesn't match the postcard because the postcard that had Starbeast on it was a combo and also had Tootsie Troll on it.

I believe that covers it.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 09:53:45 AM by RawGoo »

Offline Swiski

« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2020, 11:42:06 AM »
You're right, most of the bio cards were trading card sized versions of postcards.  But, there were two Mark Parisi bio cards included in packs that featured his rough art (Wander, which was a postcard, and  Mr. Ghoulbar, which was a bonus card).  And there were two bio cards that had the exact artwork used on bonus cards (Pampered and Necko).  Finally, the Starbeast bio card doesn't match the postcard because the postcard that had Starbeast on it was a combo and also had Tootsie Troll on it.

I believe that covers it.

Thanks for the thorough breakdown! I knew there were a few differences over the years. Never tracked down a complete set of all the bio cards from each postcard set, but at least I have all the artwork in some type of format.

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2020, 11:51:18 AM »
I wanna say there was one more bio card anomoly. I think it was a brent card, maybe capn clunk? I'll check soon and see...

Offline g.u.e.s.t.

« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2020, 01:16:50 PM »
Thanks Neil!

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2020, 07:13:36 PM »
I wanna say there was one more bio card anomoly. I think it was a brent card, maybe capn clunk? I'll check soon and see...

Hey, Neil

Do you know why the envelope looks more like a GPK release than a Wacky release?  Was it simply because it was released on April Fool's? 

By the way, nice write up in the latest issue of Non-Sport Update!  It was fun to come across your profile there  ;)

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2020, 07:53:22 PM »
Hey, Neil

Do you know why the envelope looks more like a GPK release than a Wacky release?  Was it simply because it was released on April Fool's? 

By the way, nice write up in the latest issue of Non-Sport Update!  It was fun to come across your profile there  ;)

Yes, the GPK graphic are an intentional pun, especially for an April Fools Day release!

Thanks for the nice words about the NSU article! Wasn't sure when it was supposed to publish, so I'm glad to hear it's finally out!

anything