Author Topic: TOPPS WACKY PACKAGES L.E. POSTCARD SERIES 6 - REPLACEMENT SETS  (Read 13788 times)

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
Re: TOPPS WACKY PACKAGES L.E. POSTCARD SERIES 6 - REPLACEMENT SETS
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2010, 06:27:56 PM »
No combos on your list?
No, the definition of combos became too vague with the last set so I no longer seek combos nor color for that matter.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2010, 08:03:21 PM »
My guess is that Topps never got the shipment with sets 151-300, and so if it were to turn up after the replacements go out, it would be in a delivery to Topps, not the waiting customers, and they will simply destroy it to maintain the integrity of the limited edition of 300 sets.  Oh, what a waste that would be of what were likely very cool sketches!  Speaking of which, did you locate your special H8 sketch? 

Your guess sounds very plausible, I bet you're right.

And, no, I haven't found the "I'm not a vegetable" sketch - but thanks for the chance to remind people to please contact me if they get it!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2010, 08:10:51 PM »
Your guess sounds very plausible, I bet you're right.

And, no, I haven't found the "I'm not a vegetable" sketch - but thanks for the chance to remind people to please contact me if they get it!

Sadly, it seems there's a 50-50 chance that it's amongst the missing.

Offline Ducko

• (Now on as Porkie)
  • (Now on as Porkie)
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2010, 12:25:17 AM »
I think Topps would have to destroy the original 150-300 if it showed up on their door someday, otherwise the TS9 sticker and bio cards become less rare!

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2010, 04:30:10 AM »
I think Topps would have to destroy the original 150-300 if it showed up on their door someday, otherwise the TS9 sticker and bio cards become less rare!

In my opinion, Topps would certainly choose to destroy the lost material if it were to show up. I can't see any benefit to releasing it now that we have the replacement sets.

It's my understanding that the TS9 bonus sticker and bio cards were not affected by the lost shipment. There were originally 300 of each, so that won't change.

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2010, 04:38:37 AM »
OK, Neil, how do we get in on the super special postcard series 6 151-300? If we got ours already we are pretty much screwed? :D

I'd suggest setting up a trading network on the forum. Perhaps the people that got the earlier sets will want a later set and vice a versa.

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2010, 04:46:50 AM »

The question I have is, did they know how many sketches from each artist went missing?  If not, regardless of the different title business for Smokin' Joe and Matthew Kirscht, certain artist sketches could end up being scarcer overall.  It doesn't seem like I've seen many Alpha Bytes sketches posted or on ebay - maybe there were more of those in the 151-300 batch.

Fortunately, we know how many of each artist's sketch's went missing, so there's no disparity.

Each artist did the same number of sketches.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2010, 04:53:36 AM »
I'd suggest setting up a trading network on the forum. Perhaps the people that got the earlier sets will want a later set and vice a versa.
It looks like this could be the most detail oriented trading in some time!  ANS5 had the whole back variation thing to make trading complicated, but with sketch cards involved here, we'll be looking at which sketch card titles/variations we prefer, and whether it's the 1-150 or 151-300 version.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2010, 04:55:48 AM »
Fortunately, we know how many of each artist's sketch's went missing, so there's no disparity.

Each artist did the same number of sketches.

Thanks for this information, Neil, that's great to hear!!  I hope I'll be getting one of your sketches next week.

anything