Author Topic: TOPPS WACKY PACKAGES L.E. POSTCARD SERIES 6 - REPLACEMENT SETS  (Read 13794 times)

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
Here is the official word on the Series 6 Limited Edition postcard sets from Topps:

As recently reported, Topps has experienced a delay in shipping some of its customers their sets of Series 6 Limited Edition Wacky Packages postcards. The reason for this delay is due to a lost package in transit with our shipping company. Topps is able to account for which sets are missing, and have made arrangements to fulfill the existing orders. We expect to resume shipping the week of Monday, July 26, 2010. Customers who have already purchased sets will be handled in the order they were originally received.

IMPORTANT: In order to accomplish this, Topps has decided to reprint a portion of the Limited Edition sets. The sets affected are numbered 151 through 300. These new sets have been reprinted with revisions to the artwork so that customers can differentiate between the original release and the replacement sets:

1) The revised Limited Edition postcard backs now have a red Topps logo in the upper left corner.

2) The revised Limited Edition wrapper now has a red Topps logo on the left flap. On the right flap, the unique set number is now printed in red on a white background.

3) The revised Certificate of Authenticity now has the headline, "Limited Edition Postcards" in pink.

4) The revised Sketch cards now have a red Wacky Packages logo on front.

NOTE: The changes are illustrated in the four images attached below.

Please be aware that these changes were necessary to ensure the integrity of the Limited Edition sets.

Customers with inquiries, including refund requests, can contact our customer service department by visiting shoptopps.com.

Any future updates regarding the Series 6 Limited Edition postcards will be posted on this forum as they become available.

Thank you for your patience and continued interest in Topps Wacky Packages postcards.

Sincerely,
shopTOPPS.com
Customer Service Dept.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 09:59:53 AM by koduck »

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
Re: TOPPS WACKY PACKAGES L.E. POSTCARD SERIES 6 - REPLACEMENT SETS
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2010, 10:04:13 AM »
Thanks for the update, Neil.  I just hope this isn't going to lead to people wanting sketches with both color backgrounds.....  At least it's 150 out of 300, so neither background color should be scarcer!

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2010, 10:32:55 AM »
I just hope this isn't going to lead to people wanting sketches with both color backgrounds….. 

I can't imagine trying to complete all 9 title variations with both backgrounds, so I am going to have to fight my completist instinct and hope common sense wins out!  Plus I'm not even sure all of the title variations made it in the first batch.  A Smokin Joe combo comes to mind because I haven't seen one yet.  If he only did like 5 of them all of them may have been in the lost shipment making it impossible to get one of the earlier variations.

That is unless the "lost" shipment eventually hits the market!  That would certainly "throw a wrench" into an already complicated series. 
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2010, 10:36:51 AM »

[/quote]

Neil, will the replacement sketch cards be done similar to the ones that were lost as far as quantities/titles?  In other words, let say Matt K. originally did 25 of Lice, 25 of H8, and 10 combos for a total of 60, will that breakdown remain the same with the replacements? 

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2010, 10:57:43 AM »
Here is the official word on the Series 6 Limited Edition postcard sets from Topps:

As recently reported, Topps has experienced a delay in shipping some of its customers their sets of Series 6 Limited Edition Wacky Packages postcards. The reason for this delay is due to a lost package in transit with our shipping company. Topps is able to account for which sets are missing, and have made arrangements to fulfill the existing orders. We expect to resume shipping the week of Monday, July 26, 2010. Customers who have already purchased sets will be handled in the order they were originally received.

IMPORTANT: In order to accomplish this, Topps has decided to reprint a portion of the Limited Edition sets. The sets affected are numbered 151 through 300. These new sets have been reprinted with revisions to the artwork so that customers can differentiate between the original release and the replacement sets:

WILL THERE BE COLORED SKETCHES IN THE REVISIONS - WERE THEY ORIGINALLY DONE? PLS ADVISE...AND WILL THEY HOLD TO THE SAME BREAKOUT AS BEFORE...SAME GOES FOR THE COMBOS...??? THX NEIL

1) The revised Limited Edition postcard backs now have a red Topps logo in the upper left corner.

2) The revised Limited Edition wrapper now has a red Topps logo on the left flap. On the right flap, the unique set number is now printed in red on a white background.

3) The revised Certificate of Authenticity now has the headline, "Limited Edition Postcards" in pink.

4) The revised Sketch cards now have a red Wacky Packages logo on front.

NOTE: The changes are illustrated in the four images attached below.

Please be aware that these changes were necessary to ensure the integrity of the Limited Edition sets.

Customers with inquiries, including refund requests, can contact our customer service department by visiting shoptopps.com.

Any future updates regarding the Series 6 Limited Edition postcards will be posted on this forum as they become available.

Thank you for your patience and continued interest in Topps Wacky Packages postcards.

Sincerely,
shopTOPPS.com
Customer Service Dept.

Offline Kook

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2010, 11:25:29 AM »

Neil, Are the bio sets & bonus cards going to be changed?

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2010, 11:29:03 AM »
Neil, Are the bio sets & bonus cards going to be changed?

No. The bio sets and bonus cards are not effected. It's just the 4 peices illustrated above.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 11:31:08 AM by koduck »

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2010, 11:44:34 AM »

Neil, will the replacement sketch cards be done similar to the ones that were lost as far as quantities/titles?  In other words, let say Matt K. originally did 25 of Lice, 25 of H8, and 10 combos for a total of 60, will that breakdown remain the same with the replacements? 

I didn't ask the artists to replicate their original assortment as it would have created more challenges. Plus, it probably would have meant a greater delay to customers. All I can say is that the new sketch cards are done in a similar vain to the originals.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2010, 01:56:11 PM »
I didn't ask the artists to replicate their original assortment as it would have created more challenges. Plus, it probably would have meant a greater delay to customers. All I can say is that the new sketch cards are done in a similar vain to the originals.

Ok, sounds like trying to figure out how many were done of each will not be realistic for this series. 

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2010, 02:46:50 PM »
Ok, sounds like trying to figure out how many were done of each will not be realistic for this series. 

I'll try to post some images of the new cards once I get the OK

Offline tearawayface

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2010, 02:54:40 PM »
I think this update means some characters will be more rare, for instance if Matt drew 30 bugs and 30 vegetables, and then of those 60 mostly vegetables were lost, and then on the new cards he drew no vegetables, that makes veggies rare...and so much for completing those Joe puzzles.

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2010, 03:02:30 PM »
None of Joe's 4 peices were lost.

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2010, 03:15:16 PM »
I can't imagine trying to complete all 9 title variations with both backgrounds, so I am going to have to fight my completist instinct and hope common sense wins out!  Plus I'm not even sure all of the title variations made it in the first batch.  A Smokin Joe combo comes to mind because I haven't seen one yet.  If he only did like 5 of them all of them may have been in the lost shipment making it impossible to get one of the earlier variations.

That is unless the "lost" shipment eventually hits the market!  That would certainly "throw a wrench" into an already complicated series. 

The completest in me would be happy to have one sketch with the yellow Wacky logo and one with the red logo. Hmmm... 

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2010, 03:25:47 PM »
Topps is able to account for which sets are missing, and have made arrangements to fulfill the existing orders. We expect to resume shipping the week of Monday, July 26, 2010. Customers who have already purchased sets will be handled in the order they were originally received.

Has Topps already gone through the existing 300 orders and filtered out the people that might have (accidentally) ordered more than 5 sets? It was mentioned that those sets, if any, would be made available to the forum members on your waiting list.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2010, 04:13:56 PM »
Thanks for the update, Neil.  Does this in any way affect those of us who were not able to buy a set due to the quick sell-out?

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2010, 05:06:35 PM »
Thanks for the update, Neil.  Does this in any way affect those of us who were not able to buy a set due to the quick sell-out?

I still have everyone's names from the original wait list and will contact each of you next week via PM in the event any sets become available.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2010, 05:38:32 PM »

9 different variations is more than enough of a challenge!!

It seems that Topps has done the best they could to differentiate the replacement sets - if any LE sets or sketches with numbers above 150 show up with the original colors, we'll know there's something fishy.  I'm glad that the lost shipment had specific, known set numbers in it, or this could have been much, much worse.

Still hoping for an order, and a sketch with the H8 veggies!!

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2010, 06:26:40 PM »
None of Joe's 4 peices were lost.
Joe only did one puzzle of 4 pieces?
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2010, 09:37:53 AM »
I am a bit confused by this. Why would they need to change the color? Does Topps believe the other postcards might show up some where?

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2010, 09:55:52 AM »
I am a bit confused by this. Why would they need to change the color? Does Topps believe the other postcards might show up some where?

If the shipment was and still is lost which we assume it is then Topps would need to at least be open to the fact that it could potentially show-up in the market at some point.  You can't say anything for sure when it's lost, so that would be my guess as to why they changed the coloring.

I also am hoping they didn't do it to make it harder for collectors like me!  :]

Offline tearawayface

« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2010, 10:30:43 AM »
9 different variations is more than enough of a challenge!!

Strike that I guess technically now it is 18 variations :) If the new skecthes are on differenct colored cards :)

BTW what are the 9 variations? I came up with 11.

Joe CapnCrud
Joe CapnCrud Puzzle
Joe Runts
Kirscht H8
Kirscht Lice
Kirscht Combo Lice with Veggies
Kirscht Color H8
Engstrom Dog
Engstrom Dog Maze
Alpha-Bytes
Crocodile with Classic Wacky's

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2010, 10:37:57 AM »
Strike that I guess technically now it is 18 variations :) If the new skecthes are on differenct colored cards :)

Joe CapnCrud
Joe CapnCrud Puzzle
Joe Runts
Kirscht H8
Kirscht Lice
Kirscht Color H8
Engstrom Dog
Engstrom Dog Maze
Alpha-Bytes

Neil Camera did the dogs. And those dogs are actually wolves :)

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2010, 10:43:13 AM »

Joe CapnCrud
Joe CapnCrud Puzzle
Joe Runts
Kirscht H8
Kirscht Lice
Kirscht Color H8
Engstrom Dog
Engstrom Dog Maze
Alpha-Bytes

I don't think people are distinguishing the Joe puzzle and the Dog Maze as separate hence it goes back to 9.  My definition of complete is 7 sketches:

Joe CapnCrud
Joe Runts
Kirscht H8
Kirscht Lice
Engstrom Dog
Alpha-Bytes
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline tearawayface

« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2010, 10:55:41 AM »
I would think that the combo Kirscht Lice with Veggies would be a variation.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2010, 12:27:30 PM »
I don't think people are distinguishing the Joe puzzle and the Dog Maze as separate hence it goes back to 9.  My definition of complete is 7 sketches:

Joe CapnCrud
Joe Runts
Kirscht H8
Kirscht Lice
Engstrom Dog
Alpha-Bytes

No combos on your list?

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2010, 12:33:02 PM »

Joe CapnCrud
Joe CapnCrud Puzzle
Joe Runts
Kirscht H8
Kirscht Lice
Kirscht Color H8
Engstrom Dog
Engstrom Dog Maze
Alpha-Bytes

As Ernie said I don't count those on my list.  I go by "titles" only, so even if it's done in a different way it's still based on one title.  That's just me though.  You are entitled to collect them any way you want and make your own classifications! 

Now if you count the colored border variations you could theoretically have 18 total!  I don't believe we've seen a Smokin Joe combo in the first batch though, so the jury is out on that one. 

We are going to have to come up with a term to differentiate the first batch and the replacement batch for discussion purposes.  Maybe "originals" and "replacements" is good enough?   

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2010, 12:37:26 PM »
As Ernie said I don't count those on my list.  I go by "titles" only, so even if it's done in a different way it's still based on one title.  That's just me though.  You are entitled to collect them any way you want and make your own classifications! 

Now if you count the colored border variations you could theoretically have 18 total!  I don't believe we've seen a Smokin Joe combo in the first batch though, so the jury is out on that one. 

We are going to have to come up with a term to differentiate the first batch and the replacement batch for discussion purposes.  Maybe "originals" and "replacements" is good enough?   

The "replacements" - didn't they make a movie on that....?? How 'bout PS S6 Phase I and Phase II - or S6 I and S6 II - acronyms my friend...Have ANY Color sketches been located?? Who ( which artist) supposedly did them?? Haven't seen it mentioned...

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2010, 12:46:26 PM »
The "replacements" - didn't they make a movie on that....?? How 'bout PS S6 Phase I and Phase II - or S6 I and S6 II - acronyms my friend...Have ANY Color sketches been located?? Who ( which artist) supposedly did them?? Haven't seen it mentioned…

the "replacements" was also a term used for the Lost Wacky series 1, when they re-did 12 titles.  Phase 1 & 2 isn't bad.

Offline tearawayface

« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2010, 12:55:09 PM »
The "replacements" - didn't they make a movie on that....?? How 'bout PS S6 Phase I and Phase II - or S6 I and S6 II - acronyms my friend...Have ANY Color sketches been located?? Who ( which artist) supposedly did them?? Haven't seen it mentioned...

I saw a color Radish sketch by Kirscht somewhere on this board among everyones sketch pictures.

How about simply A and B for the designation WPCS6A and WPCS6B!!

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2010, 12:57:42 PM »
I saw a color Radish sketch by Kirscht somewhere on this board among everyones sketch pictures.

How about simply A and B for the designation WPCS6A and WPCS6B!!

Ok I think I remember that...it was in black and red....it was hard to distinguish the color of it...

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2010, 02:10:41 PM »

I also am hoping they didn't do it to make it harder for collectors like me!  :]

I think we made it easier for collectors like you! :]

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2010, 03:16:50 PM »

OK, Neil, how do we get in on the super special postcard series 6 151-300? If we got ours already we are pretty much screwed? :D

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2010, 05:41:28 PM »
I would say that wait listers will end up with sets from second group if we get anything.
Time will tell.

DrDeal

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2010, 06:06:56 PM »
Hey Neil, I don't think I've seen it speculated upon - but what do you think the odds are that the original LE Postcard6 sets numbers 151-300 show up? Is it possible that they will end up being extremely delayed and yet still get delivered (even after the replacement sets, essentially giving the buyers a 2-for1)? That would be a great bonus for the people who had to wait this long.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2010, 06:23:01 PM »
Hey Neil, I don't think I've seen it speculated upon - but what do you think the odds are that the original LE Postcard6 sets numbers 151-300 show up? Is it possible that they will end up being extremely delayed and yet still get delivered (even after the replacement sets, essentially giving the buyers a 2-for1)? That would be a great bonus for the people who had to wait this long.
My guess is that Topps never got the shipment with sets 151-300, and so if it were to turn up after the replacements go out, it would be in a delivery to Topps, not the waiting customers, and they will simply destroy it to maintain the integrity of the limited edition of 300 sets.  Oh, what a waste that would be of what were likely very cool sketches!  Speaking of which, did you locate your special H8 sketch?  As a very anxious waitee though, anything they do for me (should I actually get any sets) will be greatly appreciated.  Monsterettes suggested that maybe the replacement sketches will be super special to make up for the delay.  That wouldn't stink!!

The question I have is, did they know how many sketches from each artist went missing?  If not, regardless of the different title business for Smokin' Joe and Matthew Kirscht, certain artist sketches could end up being scarcer overall.  It doesn't seem like I've seen many Alpha Bytes sketches posted or on ebay - maybe there were more of those in the 151-300 batch.

anything