Author Topic: SUPER TOY CON 2016  (Read 4826 times)

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
SUPER TOY CON 2016
« on: August 08, 2016, 07:20:19 PM »
Greetings all!

Sorry for not touching base sooner! Just getting back from the Super Toy Con tonight. Tired as heck but I wanted to post my "telegraph" impressions of the show! Aaaaaamazing fans (even though most are our GPK brethren)!!!

Highlights: Seeing Joe Grossberg and family again (Joe, you are the genuine article)! FINALLY meeting Paul Harris (what an honor Paul!) and Roxanne and Marlin Toser for the very first time (we've been talking about this day for almost 30 years)!!! Getting to have a long belated cup of coffee with Barren Aaron from GPK World!!! And getting to be a part of what will most likely be the single biggest group of Topps artists in a single room ever (13 at my own count)! Biggest Disappointment: Jay Lynch, Fred Wheaton and George Wright couldn't attend.

More about the show soon (as well as some hilarious pics) but for now, I'm going catch up on some sleep!

PS - Yes, I set aside some Pranky Product promo cards for the forum faithful! I'll post more soon...

Here's the first of many pics (from left: Joe Grossberg, me and Paul Harris).

Photo courtesy of Joe Grossberg.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 07:36:21 PM by koduck »

Taz

Re: SUPER TOY CON 2016
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2016, 07:23:22 PM »
Glad to hear you had a good time!  Yippie, extras  ;)

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2016, 08:00:09 PM »
I can't even begin to tell you that the honor was all mine!  Neil, you are fantastic!  Joe G, you are the best!  And meeting all the other great GPK (and Wacky!) artists confirm that we are all a blessed family, with emphasis on "family."

p.s. I should have sucked in my gut a little on that pic!   ;D

Offline jaylynch

• World Record Sketch Artist
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2016, 11:05:49 PM »
Jeff Zapata, James Warhola, me, and probably a few other GPK/Wacky artists will be on a panel and have a table at this NJ con on the 26th and/or 27th of this month.  http://monstersandrobotscon.com/

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2016, 05:23:58 AM »
Jeff Zapata, James Warhola, me, and probably a few other GPK/Wacky artists will be on a panel and have a table at this NJ con on the 26th and/or 27th of this month.  http://monstersandrobotscon.com/

Monsters & Robots?! Sounds like a 1-2 combo! Wish I could make it!

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2016, 10:49:12 AM »
Neil, it was amazing seeing you again.  Paul what an absolute pleasure to finally meet you.  Thanks for everything and for being so great with the kids.  They now call you Funcle Paul! GPK Con was a unique experience and all the artists were just as friendly, wonderful and sharing as you would imagine.

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2016, 02:28:33 PM »
Yep, it was a real honor to see you again and finally meet Paul Harris! One of the highlights of the show for me!!!

And here's a few more pics:
Me and Simko:

...and Smokin' Joe:

...and Tom Bunk:

...and Dave Gross:

Clockwise from top left: Steve Potter, Chad Scheres, Brent Engstrom, Mark Pingatore, Dave Gross, Joe Simko, Layron DeJarnette, Smokin' Joe,  Jon Gregory, Neil Camera, Tom Bunk and Jeff Zapata:

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2016, 05:11:12 PM »
Yep, it was a real honor to see you again and finally meet Paul Harris! One of the highlights of the show for me!!!

Clockwise from top left: Steve Potter, Chad Scheres, Brent Engstrom, Mark Pingatore, Dave Gross, Joe Simko, Layron DeJarnette, Smokin' Joe,  Jon Gregory, Neil Camera, Tom Bunk and Jeff Zapata:

the group shot is really small. Do you have a larger image to share? thanks

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2016, 05:56:03 PM »
I was getting worried that you weren't going to get that group pic  8)

Looks great!  Everyone was incredibly great and even more gracious and generous and
pleasant than you can imagine! 

You gotta watch out for those quiet ones, though, who will remain nameless!   >:D

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2016, 06:54:20 PM »
the group shot is really small. Do you have a larger image to share? thanks

Here you go:

Offline deadpresidentsvisa

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2016, 05:06:08 AM »
Indulge in a wee bit of gambling ?
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2016, 07:17:08 AM »
I was getting worried that you weren't going to get that group pic  8)

Looks great!  Everyone was incredibly great and even more gracious and generous and
pleasant than you can imagine! 

You gotta watch out for those quiet ones, though, who will remain nameless!   >:D

Yes, I made the group photo just in the nick of time! But where were you and Joe?!!! It's not complete without the two of you!!!

Offline Scheres

• toyghoul.com
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2016, 10:25:08 AM »
I had a great time. Nice meeting you Neil!!!

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2016, 12:45:16 PM »
Likewise Chad! It was great to finally meet you and talk cards! And thanks again for the promo cards and the extra set! Super cool stuff!