Author Topic: A question about raw mint card 1967 diecuts or even Wacky stickers from 1970's  (Read 3874 times)

Offline Rabanv

I am curious to know if 1967 unpunched die cuts  or Wacky stickers from the 1970's are not in PSA card holders but are in mint condition,can they still sell well even if they are in non sport card sheets or regular plastic card holders? I know that for many years back in the 1970's all the way into the 2000's before PSA card holders came into existence,many card collectors   used to protect their cards that way.I personally think that if someone (for example)had a Unpunched Cracked animals or Ratz  or Bum Chex or Choke Wagon in mint condition back  in the 1970's and had stored them in either non sport card sheets or regular plastic card holders and took good care of them that they could still get  close to the value price  that a PSA card holders would give.Are raw cards only bare cards that were never protected in non-sport card sheets or regular card holders?

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
I believe the term "raw" refers to ungraded cards, regardless of how they have been stored.  Of course, if they have been badly stored over the years, they might end up as what one might call "raggedy"   :]

Offline Rabanv

To Rawgoo,IF the cards were badly stored,they would probably be more than raggedy.I think they would only be good  as ornaments.

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
To Rawgoo,IF the cards were badly stored,they would probably be more than raggedy.I think they would only be good  as ornaments.

I still think a "raggedy" RATZ could still find buyers...all is not lost...:))

Offline Paul_Maul

Rabanv, I think you're missing the point. No one is suggesting that there can't exist raw cards of eqaul quality to a PSA 9 or 10. I owned many such for a decade before they were ultimately graded. The point is, when selling such cards, there is no way for a potential buyer in an online transaction to examine them closely enough to assess that quality. Also, a card may look nice but be trimmed or otherwise altered to improve its appearance, and the casual buyer may miss that. A graded card (assuming the grading company is trustworthy) removes much of the risk of an online transaction. You can be much more sure of what you are getting and the premium paid reflects that.

Offline Rabanv

To Paul Maul,I believe I now do understand what you are saying about Raw cards having value.What PSA proves is the card has been throughly 100 percent examined and is graded by condition.

anything