Author Topic: Star Trek Beyond  (Read 812 times)

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
Star Trek Beyond
« on: July 22, 2016, 01:46:48 PM »
Just got back from seeing the newest installment, and am happy to be able to say I really enjoyed it.  A little more violence than I like (oh, the poor red shirts!!), but overall it was a lot of fun.

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
Re: Star Trek Beyond
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 03:10:43 PM »
Just got back from seeing the newest installment, and am happy to be able to say I really enjoyed it.  A little more violence than I like (oh, the poor red shirts!!), but overall it was a lot of fun.
Went yesterday myself, and also found it very enjoyable.
Nice, small changes in direction in story and style from the first two, that I think really worked well.
I was able to avoid all previews and ads beforehand, so it was all new and unspoiled, which is always a plus.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
Re: Star Trek Beyond
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2016, 04:00:39 PM »
Went yesterday myself, and also found it very enjoyable.
Nice, small changes in direction in story and style from the first two, that I think really worked well.
I was able to avoid all previews and ads beforehand, so it was all new and unspoiled, which is always a plus.

There's a small group of us from work who try to take off for new sci-fi releases like this.  Better to see it right away, unspoiled as you said.  I only accidentally read one baby spoiler, and that had zero to do with the story, so it didn't bother me.  There was a review in the paper this morning, and I skipped it entirely.

Have I ever written about the worst spoiler ever for me?  I was in the high school cafeteria and a friend blurted out the biggest thing from Empire Strikes Back!!!!  She was reading the book, which was apparently released before the movie hit the theaters.  AAARRRGGGGHHHH!

anything